As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Short-term obsessions

124»

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    But, like, super nice littering?

Legba on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    That would make me so happy to come across one.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'd assume if I found a random origami critter that it somehow meant I was next to be killed.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Or a Replicant.

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    cue "Extreme Ways" by Moby

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Currently I'm obsessed with home insulation. Damn, it is cold.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Currently I'm obsessed with home insulation. Damn, it is cold.
    the skirting on my trailer blew off last night.

Now we have to go put it all back on.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »
    Food.

I'll eat at a new place, and then I'll just want to eat at that place for weeks until I'm sick of it.

a lot of the time ordering the same thing over and over.

I know that it's probably time for me to try something new when the lady at the Chinese takeaway sees me and has my order ready before I've even crossed the food court.
    i hate it when they do that.

there have been a number of times when I'm in the mood for trying something new, and they have it ready before I can order.

so i'm like, `okay... i'll eat this.'

and then i'm sad.

so, even if that person is a regular, just chill the fuck out for 5 seconds. ask if I want the usual if you want to be chummy, but don't assume.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Here's a short term obsession I had a few years back. I made three or four versions of this --

4fEEIdTl.jpg

-- and over the course of about two weeks I printed out hundreds of copies and pasted them up all over Oslo. It was a nightly battle because people go around every night and tear down advertising that people have stuck up, but it was great fun.

I actually want to do a similar project again, but instead of linking to Project Guthenberg, I'd host the book on my own site so I could see if anyone actually ever checked them out.

Legba on
  • Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    Wait, food counts? Oh geeze, I'm one of those people who will eat the same thing every day for years.

When I was little I'd only eat an open faced cheese sandwhich for breakfast.

For all four years of high school, lunch was a bagel, ham, carrots, and an apple.

In college, I went through a phase where I ate puffed rice and puffed millet all the time. (Then one day I was writing a long paper, realized I'd eaten nothing but puffed rice and tea for the past 24 hours, and haven't been able to touch the stuff since.)

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Legba wrote: »

You are a monster

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular

I played Heavy Rain, I know the real truth behind origami

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

ARI, comment: I played Heavy Rain, I know the real truth behind origami

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    My current short-term obsession is with this site: http://www.artisandice.com/

It'll end whenever I buy myself a stupidly expensive set of dice.

@‌larlar

fuck
    you
    for linking this

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    this awesome, awesome thread

ok i'm over it now, see y'all elsewhere on the forums

broken image link