As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] WARLORDS OF DRAENOR: Wait, do I need to feed my entire Garrison on Thanksgiving ?

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Must have just been our DPS. The first add exploded in about 10 seconds, and the second wasn't much slower. The only issue was that I ran out of mana spellstealing the heal because the hunter forgot she has a purge now. I'm assuming our tank had went wild on the CDs and the healer was spamming him or something.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So I was doing some quest when I get the notification Patherfinder is near, I'm heading right for him but someone is killing him. I got doubts I'll make it but I run for all it's worth and try to get in a hit.

And I do.

Then he dies.

Mount get!

Cade on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Okay, I love that the later garrison missions eventually have you sending your followers through dungeons. Just got a il615 one for UBRS.

I actually *really* want to do it, since it has a il630 robe reward... but I don't have a level 100 follower with a Taunt yet. Somehow.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    If you get 3 followers to 645, there's a rare mission to send them to Highmaul.

• Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    UBRS second boss was a nightmare to tank on my monk. The start isn't really a problem since with Fort. Brew + statue the damage taken isn't too bad. The problem was.. once the adds are dead the boss still deals absurd damage, except I no longer have a tank cd. Pretty much had to resort to the one good thing (besides ToD) brewmasters have going atm: kiting. Used Transcendence on cooldown to get a breather.

The dragon wasn't too bad with BL on pull, since once it lands the fights gets a lot easier. Had to get a few tries in before figuring that out though :P

The last boss wasn't nearly as painful as I feared. That is, she didn't seem to use the knockback at all. It was still painful though. Wouldn't want to be a melee dps in the fight.

Keemossi on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I'm kinda bored with the mission system. It's not that I am not cool with getting gear and stuff from salvages, I just... thought *I* would be going on missions.

Right now this whole system is so "Farmville" that it's kinda meh. I have no reason to go out into the world for anything right now. I have my feasts, I fished my fishes. I don't have a stable so I don't get dailies to go out.

Only thing I have right now is Inn missions sending me into the same dungeons every day. Once raiding comes out that will be nice but... damn. I wish they gave me reasons to go out into Nagrand and such. Kinda boring.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I'm kinda bored with the mission system. It's not that I am not cool with getting gear and stuff from salvages, I just... thought *I* would be going on missions.

Right now this whole system is so "Farmville" that it's kinda meh. I have no reason to go out into the world for anything right now. I have my feasts, I fished my fishes. I don't have a stable so I don't get dailies to go out.

Only thing I have right now is Inn missions sending me into the same dungeons every day. Once raiding comes out that will be nice but... damn. I wish they gave me reasons to go out into Nagrand and such. Kinda boring.

Farming Steamwheedle rep items?

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Ran my first heroic tonight. UBRS.

Wasn't bad!

I'm sure it helped that all 3 of us DPS had CC's and actually used them, but everything was pretty straight forward, more or less identical to normal, just with bigger numbers.

Of course the only loot I got, as usual, was from the last boss, and it was a helmet which will be terribly worthwhile in 1ilvl when I can run MC. :lol:

Now I need to decide if I want to stay awake one more hour for about a dozen missions to finish up on my pally so I can set more before I sleep...or just go to sleep.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular

Collect all the treasure? Finish all the bonus objectives? Kill each rare? Hunt down the level 100 rares? Grind out your gobbo rep? Murder stuff in the Ring of Blood?

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Keemossi wrote: »
    UBRS second boss was a nightmare to tank on my monk. The start isn't really a problem since with Fort. Brew + statue the damage taken isn't too bad. The problem was.. once the adds are dead the boss still deals absurd damage, except I no longer have a tank cd. Pretty much had to resort to the one good thing (besides ToD) brewmasters have going atm: kiting. Used Transcendence on cooldown to get a breather.

The dragon wasn't too bad with BL on pull, since once it lands the fights gets a lot easier. Had to get a few tries in before figuring that out though :P

The last boss wasn't nearly as painful as I feared. That is, she didn't seem to use the knockback at all. It was still painful though. Wouldn't want to be a melee dps in the fight.

I had a hunter kite one add while we bursted the other. The damage from one add + the boss was more than manageable with just Shield Block, and the add died before the other one even got to the hunter on the balcony.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

Collect all the treasure? Finish all the bonus objectives? Kill each rare? Hunt down the level 100 rares? Grind out your gobbo rep? Murder stuff in the Ring of Blood?

None of which provide any significant advantage beyond filling achievement bars for the sake of achievement bars.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    All the treasure is collected.
    Ring of blood is done.
    I've killed nearly every rare at least once, farmed most of Steemwheedle rep, although I have no use for it. Same with the other reps.
    I have Nat as a best friend and have most of the stuff except for the mount done. Yay fishing.
    My work orders are coming up on 250 so then everything will be level 3. I already have level 3 herb, mine, salvage, fishing.
    I'm 5 quests away from a level 3 Inn.
    I've farmed most of the gear I need for raiding, dungeons are getting old as DPS with those long ass queues.
    Ran Molten Core a few times, got the pet, the flames, the mount.

Right now I am working on my 5th level 100 because there isn't much else to do except trying to work on profession stuff. Which is super super gated and slow. I really do love the 90-100 quests. Really awesome and fun. Even after doing them a ton of times in a row.

What it just comes down to is the whole profession/work order/mission system has such a strong mobile app feel to it, that I dislike it. Check in every hour or so on a few toons to collect missions, send them out on more, and collect salvage. That's really it. Work orders are doing their thing so that's nice, but professions are so fucking gated behind all that, it just feels lazy. There is nothing I can do except wait. This reminds me of Farmville and Animal Crossing so much that it isn't even funny. Hell, even my wife has interest in the game now because it has elements of Harvest Moon in it.

At least with daily's gating the start of MoP, I had shit to do. Reasons to go back out into the world.

I can already see this game a few months from now, where I am logging in twice a week to raid and check on work orders, and that's it. Meanwhile the game is basically just being played passive.

So yeah, as much as I love the new art, the story, the new cinematics, the amazing questlines... I'm wondering if it's gonna be worth 15.00 a month for a mobile game mechanic that I can't actually play on my mobile phone.

I'm just hoping the have more content more frequently to satisfy a power gamer like myself. I want to devour more and it just isn't there for me.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Oh man.

CM UBRS was too tough. To fail on Zaela after so much effort...

I brought enchants and flasks to help my guildies out but it just wasn't enough. Some painful 6-9% wipes on Zaela that could have possibly been avoided with just a little more gear on a few members.

Alas. Live and learn.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Zaela is a terrible fight. There are design issues there: in a fight where you need 360 degree of awareness for drakes, the camera can't be zoomed out enough to see behind you. The rate of the drakes is also too fast: classes with mobility issues can't dps for shit during the last phase because they constantly have to reposition.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    if you pan the camera all the way back you should be able to see all sides, or at least all the ones that are relevant to you

I like the fight in general, the bit with the adds can be painful if you don't down them fast though

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    if you pan the camera all the way back you should be able to see all sides, or at least all the ones that are relevant to you

I like the fight in general, the bit with the adds can be painful if you don't down them fast though

I couldn't zoom back enough to see the spots behind me. The camera hits an invisible wall.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    lower the angle of the camera a bit

• Options
    and just spin it occasionally

• Options
    Drakes only ever show up on two sides. Behind her, and to the right. The big issue with that fight is how much she hits for (our bear tank was getting smashed for 120k melee hits) and getting trapped between two dragons when cyclone goes out. The platform needs to be bigger or something because that fight is messy as fuck.

Avoiding drake fire is easy enough, it's just everything else that distracts you from dodging them.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Is there a mod that shows all of your active Followers and their abilities so you can better balance which ones you have out when you hit the cap? Right now I feel like I have a ton of Danger Zone and Massive Blow followers and next to no active Group Damage or Powerful Spell ones, but I'd need to go through the list by hand to figure out if that's true or not.

Edit: Turns out the previously mentioned Master Plan does this as well, it just wasn't mentioned as one of the features in this thread.

Opty on
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    The fight is pretty good and I loved "progressing" through it on Heroic. Learning that you need to be careful and watch for drakes constantly is interesting and it creates fun gameplay where the "board" is shifting constantly and you have to deal with it. Spacing and positioning is paramount between bouncing blade and whirlwind.

The problem is on Challenge Mode two drakes show up. Instead of being denied 3 out of 9 "spaces" on Zaela's tic-tac-toe board you're denied 5 out of 9. When you get two drakes flooding the platform with fire and Zaela doing her whirlwind it basically forces mistakes from players. It is insanely punishing for melee who cannot often position themselves without either eating fire or whirlwind excessively.

The adds have AoE knockbacks in challenge mode (they spam the Warrior's Dragon Roar attack) so you get moments like two drakes breathing on the platform while they pull you in with chains/knock you back into fire. We threw bloodlust at it and almost always killed the adds before Zaela arrived but they tax your resources soooooo much. Doing it without bloodlust was practically out of the question for the group so we had to wait for the cooldown each time. Painful.

The difference between the challenge modes I've done is so extreme. Skyreach and UBRS are miles apart from Iron Docks and Everbloom in difficulty. It's... strange.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    the big issue with that fight is how much she hits for (our bear tank was getting smashed for 120k melee hits) and getting trapped between two dragons when cyclone goes out. The platform needs to be bigger or something

Wtf is your bear doing? He should be able to have Savage Defense or Frenzied Regeneration up at all times. She hits hard, but even an unblocked hit on my warrior is not even 70k

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    the big issue with that fight is how much she hits for (our bear tank was getting smashed for 120k melee hits) and getting trapped between two dragons when cyclone goes out. The platform needs to be bigger or something

Wtf is your bear doing? He should be able to have Savage Defense or Frenzied Regeneration up at all times. She hits hard, but even an unblocked hit on my warrior is not even 70k

That only started during the last 20%, so I dunno what's up. He was fine for the rest of the fight.

• Options
    MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    This thanksgiving even is a great way to level cooking, got from 0 to 388 in 45 minutes before the servers went down.

Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
  • Options

That only started during the last 20%, so I dunno what's up. He was fine for the rest of the fight.

Oh yeah, she enrages, you need to roll tanking cooldowns back to back for the whole of 20%.

• Options
    This thanksgiving even is a great way to level cooking, got from 0 to 388 in 45 minutes before the servers went down.

There's a whole heap of pandaren recipes for cooking that only require vendor mats from 1-525(I think?) at Half-Hill.

• Options

Oh yeah, she enrages, you need to roll tanking cooldowns back to back for the whole of 20%.

See I didn't even know. I was too busy playing keep away with fire and cyclones to notice she enrages.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    The problem with popping cooldowns is they have a long refresh timer. So sure I can pop my cooldown on trash. But then we have to wait 2 minutes before we can pull the next pack.

Cooldowns should be for boss enrages, or, they need to drop the timer on their refresh down to 30 seconds again.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Or just use them every 2nd pull.

• Options
    MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular

There's a whole heap of pandaren recipes for cooking that only require vendor mats from 1-525(I think?) at Half-Hill.

That's awesome if you are a high enough level, the alt I did this on is only 64, and could be done way lower than that.

Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Lind wrote: »
    Or just use them every 2nd pull.

That'd be great if every pull didn't hit like you're wearing cloth.

It's not even an issue in heroic so long as you have 2 CCs and 620 gear.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

That's awesome if you are a high enough level, the alt I did this on is only 64, and could be done way lower than that.

Pay a mage with the 2 person flying mount a thousand gold to port you to your faction's shrine, pick up the flight path and set your hearth, then fly you out to half hill (pick up the flight path there).

Boom done. Now just fly out there if you want to level cooking.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    All the treasure is collected.
    Ring of blood is done.
    I've killed nearly every rare at least once, farmed most of Steemwheedle rep, although I have no use for it. Same with the other reps.
    I have Nat as a best friend and have most of the stuff except for the mount done. Yay fishing.
    My work orders are coming up on 250 so then everything will be level 3. I already have level 3 herb, mine, salvage, fishing.
    I'm 5 quests away from a level 3 Inn.
    I've farmed most of the gear I need for raiding, dungeons are getting old as DPS with those long ass queues.
    Ran Molten Core a few times, got the pet, the flames, the mount.

Right now I am working on my 5th level 100 because there isn't much else to do except trying to work on profession stuff. Which is super super gated and slow. I really do love the 90-100 quests. Really awesome and fun. Even after doing them a ton of times in a row.

What it just comes down to is the whole profession/work order/mission system has such a strong mobile app feel to it, that I dislike it. Check in every hour or so on a few toons to collect missions, send them out on more, and collect salvage. That's really it. Work orders are doing their thing so that's nice, but professions are so fucking gated behind all that, it just feels lazy. There is nothing I can do except wait. This reminds me of Farmville and Animal Crossing so much that it isn't even funny. Hell, even my wife has interest in the game now because it has elements of Harvest Moon in it.

At least with daily's gating the start of MoP, I had shit to do. Reasons to go back out into the world.

I can already see this game a few months from now, where I am logging in twice a week to raid and check on work orders, and that's it. Meanwhile the game is basically just being played passive.

So yeah, as much as I love the new art, the story, the new cinematics, the amazing questlines... I'm wondering if it's gonna be worth 15.00 a month for a mobile game mechanic that I can't actually play on my mobile phone.

I'm just hoping the have more content more frequently to satisfy a power gamer like myself. I want to devour more and it just isn't there for me.

Must be nice not having to worry about work or family life...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    bowen wrote: »
    The problem with popping cooldowns is they have a long refresh timer. So sure I can pop my cooldown on trash. But then we have to wait 2 minutes before we can pull the next pack.

Cooldowns should be for boss enrages, or, they need to drop the timer on their refresh down to 30 seconds again.

Not necessarily. You can pull trash without cooldowns available - it's only trash. You almost certainly don't need them. But even if you don't need them, that's no reason not to use them anyway, as long as they're all available for tough bosses.

Using cooldowns on trash always makes things easier, even if its unnecessary. It spares the healer(s) mental energy because they can relax a bit. I use addons to broadcast which cooldowns I have used and when, so that when healers see "Shield Wall Active" they know that hey, maybe that mage who took some damage a few seconds ago can be spared a heal now.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    *snip*

I can already see this game a few months from now, where I am logging in twice a week to raid and check on work orders, and that's it. Meanwhile the game is basically just being played passive..

If you have the time to have already done all of this less than two weeks after launch, I think you ought to be doing endgame activities like raiding more often than twice a week.

If I was still raiding four nights a week five hours a night like I did through all of TBC and Wrath, I'd be fucking ecstatic that the Garrison is a "set it and forget it" type of arrangement. I can spend 15 minutes setting things up and collecting things each login, and things are working for me when I'm not playing? That's awesome!

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

Pay a mage with the 2 person flying mount a thousand gold to port you to your faction's shrine, pick up the flight path and set your hearth, then fly you out to half hill (pick up the flight path there).

Or don't level cooking until you get to Halfhill.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    The decision to add randomly assigned bonuses to heroic gear was an excellent one. I don't particularly love the new dungeons, but I will keep running them even though I have full 630 just because I might, might have a chance at a 636, with a gem slot, with tertiary stats. I'll probably never get it, but there's a chance.

Evil genius.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

Or don't level cooking until you get to Halfhill.

or level it with the Thanksgiving event.

Full circle!

• Options
    The decision to add randomly assigned bonuses to heroic gear was an excellent one. I don't particularly love the new dungeons, but I will keep running them even though I have full 630 just because I might, might have a chance at a 636, with a gem slot, with tertiary stats. I'll probably never get it, but there's a chance.

Evil genius.

Meanwhile here I am "meh good enough" and I run it because the rest of our raid team needs gear.

• Options
    CapedJACapedJA Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Gladiator DPS warrior (I tank when the LFG rewards me fore it, but like DPS).

I think the issue right now with warriors is that they ruined fury by balancing it around 50% crit that we had at 90. Now with 14% crit, we cannot get anything to proc and are stuck auto-attacking waiting for execute to proc (or spamming bloodthirst wishing for a crit). Meanwhile prot. dps is happily spamming cheap/free heroic strikes and the more than occasional shield slam proc because they aren't tied to entry level gear stats.

Additionally, if we get the nerf hammer and dps monks go untouched, it will be the hill on which I die. Ran an MC last night (my second time through because I am the world's best guildie) and with my ilvl 639 gear (I dropped some coin and had crazy good luck with the salvage yard) a 632 monk was multiple thousand dps above me on many fights. Oh, and touch of death, or whatever ability they have that is the ultimate execute ... on fights where I had a slight lead he would jump ahead with a 220K hit at the end.

I wish nerfs on no one, and I like fairness and skill rewarded. Right now I think some classes could use some buffs to counter the gear/stat weight mechanics working against them but hope that they don't make short sighted changes that result in whacky scaling later. Something like Bloodthirst having at least an X% chance to proc means that it won't scale wonky and helps them now.

CapedJA on
This discussion has been closed.