As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sean Bean [Phalla] - Day Four: Gondor Needs No Bean

18910111214»

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    For all the powers we had in the end it came down to numbers. We had more and it could have easily swung the other way if we made more mistakes or if the vig got to us sooner. We got lucky on some early kills and both village and mafia played well IMO.

Thanks for hosting Mikey! I enjoyed playing.

Exactly that was one of your powers. You had more than normal members.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Were there two SKs?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah what was Capfalcon?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Boo on getting Day 1'd!

Thanks for running :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Yeah what was Capfalcon?

he clarified he was a neutral on the mafia board. I assume survival neutral- since Sean Bean.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Looking at the proboards, the cult couldn't convert mafia.
    So I guess that does balance the mafia somewhat as a sort of masoning-seeing network.
    I wish I had known this, because I'd hoped to convert mafia since Cultberbatch was basically a second mafia anyway

Did you ask if you could convert mafia? Any host who doesn't want to screw the mafia (read:decent host) would make it so you can't and would tell the cultist what would happen or at the very least that they can't.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Egos wrote: »
    So I guess that does balance the mafia somewhat as a sort of masoning-seeing network.
    I wish I had known this, because I'd hoped to convert mafia since Cultberbatch was basically a second mafia anyway

Did you ask if you could convert mafia? Any host who doesn't want to screw the mafia (read:decent host) would make it so you can't and would tell the cultist what would happen or at the very least that they can't.

I don't know about this.
    With this fragile cult, which splits apart back into original factions when the leader dies, the members of the cult could be told this when they enter and then mafia could be converted.
    Then it would be up to the individual converted mafia members to decide whether revealing the mafia group is better than offing the cult head.

This would be an interesting proposition for the mafia members involved I think, as they would have to sway both mafia and cult opinions to target villagers over each other, up until there is a clear winner to side with.
    Bedlam wrote: »
    For all the powers we had in the end it came down to numbers. We had more and it could have easily swung the other way if we made more mistakes or if the vig got to us sooner. We got lucky on some early kills and both village and mafia played well IMO.

Thanks for hosting Mikey! I enjoyed playing.

Even with the cult potentially balancing the mafia, it still seems like a very large amount of scum for the village to kill (9 in a village of 30).

discrider on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Egos wrote: »

I don't know about this.
    With this fragile cult, which splits apart back into original factions when the leader dies, the members of the cult could be told this when they enter and then mafia could be converted.
    Then it would be up to the individual converted mafia members to decide whether revealing the mafia group is better than offing the cult head.

No, convertible mafia are a bad idea. That's it. You can't anticipate what a player is going to do and giving them the opportunity to rat out their entire team is just... facepalm inducing.

I didn't know this was the case with the cult. But if it was transparent it adds a bad element in which players can just out their leader and not play to their new win. Which if you are converted, you should be playing to that win.

e:Unless you are planning a weird social phalla experiment or something.

Egos on
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    The mafia could not be converted. All parties were informed when the conversion failed.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //