As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] WARLORDS OF DRAENOR: Wait, do I need to feed my entire Garrison on Thanksgiving ?

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    And WotF is now a 2 min cooldown. I'm shocked

Interesting pyroblast buff

That lock nerf isn't shocking tbh.

Really? Because it seems like a pretty severe nerf on a class and spec that wasn't even that high in the dps ranking.

Its a super extreme pendulum swing, and none of the 8% buffs to other abilities for destro really do much of anything to help with ember generation.

All the while removing destros ability to provide much meaningful AoE; something it was previously good at.

Blizzard has this really weird love/hate affair with AoE in single target situations. Currently it seems to be a case of "some is fine" like with whirlwind and divine storm, but demo crossed an invisible line.

As for multi-target situations, I don't think Blizzard cares as much, it's (generally) not boss DPS.

• Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    *snip*
    I'm just hoping the have more content more frequently to satisfy a power gamer like myself. I want to devour more and it just isn't there for me.

IMO, you need to follow the advice given by the pandaren - "Slow down. Savor the moment."

Blizzard has stated that they didn't want people to be blasting through all of the content in a week, thus the long times for completion of certain things and stuff that you can only grind out quickly if you're online 24/7. Hell, the first raid of the expac isn't even active for another week. For all the complaints I have had about this expac's faults, it's truly catered to a casual friendly population.

The core demographic is older now, and has a family/job/responsibilities of some kind that takes up large amounts of "free time" leaving only a little bit here and there for gaming, or entertainment in general. So now you can progress your character in a meaningful way even while you aren't logged on through the mission system with garrisons, you can also progress your character's professions while offline with work orders at the buildings! Even daily cooldowns in professions have a 3 day charge that they build up so you don't need to login -every single day- now to make the most out of having tailoring or enchanting at max level.

There was a quote about how much content was related to the garrisons quests and such, and it was along the lines of there being "around 16 weeks of quest content, not including dailies". And that's already been consumed a week after the game released? Power gamer indeed. Go grind out your old reps to exalted then, start gathering up titles and mounts from old world stuff that used to take months to do. Maybe that will hold you over for another week until the first tier of raiding starts to be released.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Brewmaster's got big buffs.

Brewmaster
    Guard damage absorption shield now absorbs 100% more damage.
    Stance of the Sturdy Ox now defers 30% of damage taken to be divided over 10 seconds (up from 20%).
    Glyphs
    Glyph of Keg Smash should now correctly increase the range of Keg Smash.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

Really? Because it seems like a pretty severe nerf on a class and spec that wasn't even that high in the dps ranking.

Its a super extreme pendulum swing, and none of the 8% buffs to other abilities for destro really do much of anything to help with ember generation.

All the while removing destros ability to provide much meaningful AoE; something it was previously good at.

Blizzard has this really weird love/hate affair with AoE in single target situations. Currently it seems to be a case of "some is fine" like with whirlwind and divine storm, but demo crossed an invisible line.

As for multi-target situations, I don't think Blizzard cares as much, it's (generally) not boss DPS.

For some reason Blizzard is perfectly okay with Bladestorm being a great single target cooldown.

Mind you, Warriors also have Ravager, now.

Still can't comprehend that.

• Options

For some reason Blizzard is perfectly okay with Bladestorm being a great single target cooldown.

Yep

And with Whirlwind being a filler.

But spamming ROF crossed their line apparently.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »

Brewmaster
    Stance of the Sturdy Ox now defers 30% of damage taken to be divided over 10 seconds (up from 20%).
    Glyphs

Windwalker got a dps nerf on rising tiger kick down 5% on the debuff, shouldn't be too bad.

And that glyph fix actually explains why it didn't seem I could throw my keg from further away despite glyphing it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

Yep

As you said, Divine Storm too; one of the WoD perks makes it clearly intended to be used in single target rotations as a free filler and even increases its damage.

Plus there's the Final Verdict talent that I still can't discern how is actually useful, aside from the stars aligning and it coinciding with improved divine storm; if you're already aoe'ing throwing in a TV for double DS damage makes no sense when you could just...DS twice.. :rotate:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

They explicitly don't want template/target AE in the ST rotation; said as much in beta. Incidental/cleave is generally fine.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    The destro buffs/nerf are weird. RoF was heavily used because we had no other options while moving. Now we get an 8% buff? Um. Still can't do shit while moving, dudes. 8% of 0 damage is... /math

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Yep

And at the same time they pretty much force arms warriors into heavy aoe rotations even vs single targets due to lacking of single target powers.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Does anyone know when a follower's effect on a building they're assigned to takes effect? Say I assign Admiral Taylor to my Scribe's Quarters, but decide I need to level him up a bit. I take him off the scribe's quarters and send him off on a mission, then put him back to work on inscription before the work order arrives. Will I get the bonus?

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »

They explicitly don't want template/target AE in the ST rotation; said as much in beta. Incidental/cleave is generally fine.

Interesting, I had somehow missed that.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    The decision to add randomly assigned bonuses to heroic gear was an excellent one. I don't particularly love the new dungeons, but I will keep running them even though I have full 630 just because I might, might have a chance at a 636, with a gem slot, with tertiary stats. I'll probably never get it, but there's a chance.

Evil genius.

A gem slot is considered a tertiary stat, so you'll never get it AND leech or indestructible or something.

Which is a fucking stupid idea, because of the tertiary stats, gems are by far the best to get.

EDIT: I am wrong about this

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    What, you *can* get avoidance, warforged and a gem slot? That's way too much rng.

Well, random gem slots is too much rng for me.

• Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    RNG sockets are ok, it gives you a reason to keep running instances after getting gear in every slot.

Heroic Warforged + Socket is actually better than non-Warforged/Socket LFR gear.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Protection
    Revenge damage has been reduced by 20%.
    Shield Slam damage has been reduced by 20%.

UGH. Could they not just have scaled back the damage on Gladiator Stance itself rather than nerfing baseline Prot DPS? Other tanks do just as much damage while tanking as I do.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Mastery scaling nerf for prot is kinda butts, but increase in grand crusader procs on bosses will be nice.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Brewmaster
    Glyphs

Windwalker got a dps nerf on rising tiger kick down 5% on the debuff, shouldn't be too bad.

And that glyph fix actually explains why it didn't seem I could throw my keg from further away despite glyphing it.

Keg Smash is our chi generator that hits AoE. Dizzying Brew is the one you toss. This should increase the AoE range of Keg Smash not allow you to toss kegs further.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    Does anyone know when a follower's effect on a building they're assigned to takes effect? Say I assign Admiral Taylor to my Scribe's Quarters, but decide I need to level him up a bit. I take him off the scribe's quarters and send him off on a mission, then put him back to work on inscription before the work order arrives. Will I get the bonus?

Supposedly it is when you pick up the work order.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Brewmaster
    Glyphs

Keg Smash is our chi generator that hits AoE. Dizzying Brew is the one you toss. This should increase the AoE range of Keg Smash not allow you to toss kegs further.

Well yeah I know that, I just glyphed it, but didn't notice any range increase when I had targetted mobs that should have been hit by it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Oh okay. It sounds like you were talking about Dizzying Brew when you said tossing it. I confuse my ability names all the time.

• Options
    whew.

Level 3 fishing shack, get.

Well, in 1hr anyway.

Maybe now I'll actually get nat pagle to be a best friend since I pretty much ignored him in MoP.

• Options
    Well leveling him in MOP was horrible. Catch 3 fish a day and give them to him? Yeah how about no nat!

I do like that doing the cheevo will make my feast of the sea be stocked up for like forever. Now if only the trading post would want something other than Talador Orchids or Nagrand arrowbloom!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yeah, that's pretty much why I ignored him.

And ditto about the trading post. The first day I had it, it was blackrock ore; which I have a cubic shit ton of; but I could only do 7 work orders, every day since then it's been Orchids and Arrowbloom. :rotate:

• Options
    I hope its never leather since I actually use that, or enchanting mats because damn I don't have much of those, but I have a shit ton of ore I'm not using and like 3 or 4 other herbs I'm also not using.

Or maybe all this fantasy carp that I catch when I intend on catching something else!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    w9OiiYb.jpg

Holy shit Postmaster is THE BEST

EDIT:

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    wait, that's not a spider mandible!

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Also, question - I'm at 488 blacksmithing. I'm making the daily Secrets of Draenor Smithing, but what else should I be making right now to gain skill to 700? Go buy True Iron ore on the AH while its cheap and just make Truesteel Ingots for 10 skill gain per?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also yeah, the trading post is pretty nice at level two. Just load it up on a day that it wants blackrock ore or some herb you have a million of, then ignore it for a couple days. Do the L2 buildings get more work orders at L3?

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    also yeah, the trading post is pretty nice at level two. Just load it up on a day that it wants blackrock ore or some herb you have a million of, then ignore it for a couple days. Do the L2 buildings get more work orders at L3?

I'm starting to think that I may do the same. Lumber is nice and all, but it doesn't process the stuff nearly as fast as I want it to.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular

Yep

As you said, Divine Storm too; one of the WoD perks makes it clearly intended to be used in single target rotations as a free filler and even increases its damage.

Plus there's the Final Verdict talent that I still can't discern how is actually useful, aside from the stars aligning and it coinciding with improved divine storm; if you're already aoe'ing throwing in a TV for double DS damage makes no sense when you could just...DS twice.. :rotate:

The big thing about Final Verdict is the change from weapon damage to Holy damage which can't be mitigated. Making DS hit like a truck is just icing.

• Options
    Also, question - I'm at 488 blacksmithing. I'm making the daily Secrets of Draenor Smithing, but what else should I be making right now to gain skill to 700? Go buy True Iron ore on the AH while its cheap and just make Truesteel Ingots for 10 skill gain per?

I'm fairly sure Truesteel is also a daily cooldown.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

I'm starting to think that I may do the same. Lumber is nice and all, but it doesn't process the stuff nearly as fast as I want it to.

Honestly, unless the resources gain increases massively at higher levels of the Mill, I don't really see a reason to not just get the Trading Post instead. Especially if you're a miner, you'll be rolling in ore.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    You get a follower that ups the LM to 30 (or was it 40?) resources / order once you reach level 3.

I just got the follower, replaced LM with Barn. Should've gone with Barn/Trading Post to begin with, really. Follower missions give loads of resources anyway, finished one today for 600+ resources.

Keemossi on
  • Options
    I like the Inn, if only because I like the idea of a place for my followers and pets to go get drunk.

"Sent me after an ogre with deadly minions, all I could do was taunt, than he complained I didn't complete it."

"Fuckin A man, fuckin A."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »

Honestly, unless the resources gain increases massively at higher levels of the Mill, I don't really see a reason to not just get the Trading Post instead. Especially if you're a miner, you'll be rolling in ore.

Yeah I'm just going to run it to level three, get the second follower, and then replace it with the Trading Post.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Keemossi wrote: »
    You get a follower that ups the LM to 30 (or was it 40?) resources / order once you reach level 3.

I know that the level 2 Post gives 30 per order, so it's still not s huge advantage. Dunno if it goes to 40 at 3, still working on the chervil to unlock the l3 stuff.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    There will never be enough content for a "power gamer" in any game ever.

Expecting any company to ever deliver is going to lead to a lot of disappointment.

Pick up additional hobbys/games.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I have a serious problem. I bought the xpac and resubbed to play with a buddy. I finally got over the fact that he's horde and I've always been alliance.

But now I am straight up crippled with indecision about what to spend my one, precious level 90 upgrade on. I didn't play any MoP at all, and I haven't played in forever. It seems like a waste to play something else. Tried logging into an old 85, but I couldn't remember what anything did.

And now I've been staring at the character creation screens for like an hour, unable to do anything.

If he was alliance, I'd level 90 a worgen warrior and be done with it. But he's not and I can't. I've got a pandaren warrior ready to go, but I'm just. This is ridiculous, but I may just not play tonight because it's stressing me out.

Edit: And I guess I could level 60 my DK who is 58 first to get maxed professions? But I don't really want to play a DK, hmm.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I have a serious problem. I bought the xpac and resubbed to play with a buddy. I finally got over the fact that he's horde and I've always been alliance.

But now I am straight up crippled with indecision about what to spend my one, precious level 90 upgrade on. I didn't play any MoP at all, and I haven't played in forever. It seems like a waste to play something else. Tried logging into an old 85, but I couldn't remember what anything did.

And now I've been staring at the character creation screens for like an hour, unable to do anything.

If he was alliance, I'd level 90 a worgen warrior and be done with it. But he's not and I can't. I've got a pandaren warrior ready to go, but I'm just. This is ridiculous, but I may just not play tonight because it's stressing me out.

Edit: And I guess I could level 60 my DK who is 58 first to get maxed professions? But I don't really want to play a DK, hmm.

Try to break your problem down a little. first pick the race you want to play, which will cut down on which classes you can choose. Maybe one of the faction mounts is cool or you like how some armor looks on them. Pick a word and throw it into google translate into random languages, maybe the word that pops up sounds like X race or class and boom there you go, you've even got a name (hardest part imo)

This discussion has been closed.