As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] WARLORDS OF DRAENOR: Wait, do I need to feed my entire Garrison on Thanksgiving ?

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Sweet, got the first piece of transmog gear from the Bunker, the Shadowmoon shoulders.
    PGZB9jN.jpg?1

Had the token bit drop off a heroic dungeon boss.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Also, question - I'm at 488 blacksmithing. I'm making the daily Secrets of Draenor Smithing, but what else should I be making right now to gain skill to 700? Go buy True Iron ore on the AH while its cheap and just make Truesteel Ingots for 10 skill gain per?

I'm fairly sure Truesteel is also a daily cooldown.

Truesteel is a daily cooldown. And buying True Iron ore would be a pretty terrible idea. Your garrison gets a mine which (at level 2) will pretty much cause your bags to overflow with ore (both Blackrock and True Iron). I used to run two alts and funnel ore from them to my blacksmither/jewelcrafter...they've stopped doing that for a while now, and my metalworker is still well over 150 ore of each after doing the daily crafting, secrets, and 14/14 work orders.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Dang, my bunker just paid out big time. Just spat out a Goredrenched Weapon, which gives a follower a il645 weapon. :D

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Are there any items that will upgrade a followers rarity? EDIT: or is only via xp once they're on your team

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Only via XP.

• EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    wrong thread

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Also don't worry about boosting a lvl 60 to get the professions. There are multiple ways to boost a profession up to Draenor levels in an incredibly quick amount of time.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    If for some reason you need a base copy of WoW (including everything up to MoP, but not WoD), you'll be able to pick up a copy for $5 for black friday. The sale actually starts now, and goes till Dec 2.

I bought a bunch of copies last year to use as RAF accounts for the mounts, but afaik there aren't any new ones, so unless anyone knows of one in the pipeline I'll probably pass this year.

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    All the treasure is collected.
    Ring of blood is done.
    I've killed nearly every rare at least once, farmed most of Steemwheedle rep, although I have no use for it. Same with the other reps.
    I have Nat as a best friend and have most of the stuff except for the mount done. Yay fishing.
    My work orders are coming up on 250 so then everything will be level 3. I already have level 3 herb, mine, salvage, fishing.
    I'm 5 quests away from a level 3 Inn.
    I've farmed most of the gear I need for raiding, dungeons are getting old as DPS with those long ass queues.
    Ran Molten Core a few times, got the pet, the flames, the mount.

Right now I am working on my 5th level 100 because there isn't much else to do except trying to work on profession stuff. Which is super super gated and slow. I really do love the 90-100 quests. Really awesome and fun. Even after doing them a ton of times in a row.

What it just comes down to is the whole profession/work order/mission system has such a strong mobile app feel to it, that I dislike it. Check in every hour or so on a few toons to collect missions, send them out on more, and collect salvage. That's really it. Work orders are doing their thing so that's nice, but professions are so fucking gated behind all that, it just feels lazy. There is nothing I can do except wait. This reminds me of Farmville and Animal Crossing so much that it isn't even funny. Hell, even my wife has interest in the game now because it has elements of Harvest Moon in it.

At least with daily's gating the start of MoP, I had shit to do. Reasons to go back out into the world.

I can already see this game a few months from now, where I am logging in twice a week to raid and check on work orders, and that's it. Meanwhile the game is basically just being played passive.

So yeah, as much as I love the new art, the story, the new cinematics, the amazing questlines... I'm wondering if it's gonna be worth 15.00 a month for a mobile game mechanic that I can't actually play on my mobile phone.

I'm just hoping the have more content more frequently to satisfy a power gamer like myself. I want to devour more and it just isn't there for me.

Must be nice not having to worry about work or family life...

A close family member just passed away and I work from home, this is my 'off season' due to not much work coming around until early Feb. So yes, I have reason and time to put into something I enjoy. How dare I.

Back to WoW.

The DPS nerf to Windwalker was coming in some form or another, so that isn't surprising. Or that big of a deal. I love the extension to Tiger Palm, that's helpful when you get a free proc.

What I would like to see most with Windwalker is trivial but, important to me. Change the aggro conditions for Storm, Earth, and Fire. Whenever I send a clone out, they automatically aggro before they land, the mob is usually chasing me at that point, and the add has to catch up. Since most spells don't aggro until the projectile actually hits, it would be nice if Storm, Earth, and Fire followed that same mechanic.

I would also like it if we could get Zen Flight to work somehow as a ground mount at normal speed. They can add a cast time if they want, I don't care. I just miss my cloud. :(

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    74ylXzA.png

Thank you Blizzard, I needed the laugh.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    I really think that if you have a level 100 follower doing a level 92 mission, they should have a flat 100% chance to succeed, abilities or no.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    All the treasure is collected.
    Ring of blood is done.
    I've killed nearly every rare at least once, farmed most of Steemwheedle rep, although I have no use for it. Same with the other reps.
    I have Nat as a best friend and have most of the stuff except for the mount done. Yay fishing.
    My work orders are coming up on 250 so then everything will be level 3. I already have level 3 herb, mine, salvage, fishing.
    I'm 5 quests away from a level 3 Inn.
    I've farmed most of the gear I need for raiding, dungeons are getting old as DPS with those long ass queues.
    Ran Molten Core a few times, got the pet, the flames, the mount.

Right now I am working on my 5th level 100 because there isn't much else to do except trying to work on profession stuff. Which is super super gated and slow. I really do love the 90-100 quests. Really awesome and fun. Even after doing them a ton of times in a row.

What it just comes down to is the whole profession/work order/mission system has such a strong mobile app feel to it, that I dislike it. Check in every hour or so on a few toons to collect missions, send them out on more, and collect salvage. That's really it. Work orders are doing their thing so that's nice, but professions are so fucking gated behind all that, it just feels lazy. There is nothing I can do except wait. This reminds me of Farmville and Animal Crossing so much that it isn't even funny. Hell, even my wife has interest in the game now because it has elements of Harvest Moon in it.

At least with daily's gating the start of MoP, I had shit to do. Reasons to go back out into the world.

I can already see this game a few months from now, where I am logging in twice a week to raid and check on work orders, and that's it. Meanwhile the game is basically just being played passive.

So yeah, as much as I love the new art, the story, the new cinematics, the amazing questlines... I'm wondering if it's gonna be worth 15.00 a month for a mobile game mechanic that I can't actually play on my mobile phone.

I'm just hoping the have more content more frequently to satisfy a power gamer like myself. I want to devour more and it just isn't there for me.

Must be nice not having to worry about work or family life...

A close family member just passed away and I work from home, this is my 'off season' due to not much work coming around until early Feb. So yes, I have reason and time to put into something I enjoy. How dare I.

Back to WoW.

The DPS nerf to Windwalker was coming in some form or another, so that isn't surprising. Or that big of a deal. I love the extension to Tiger Palm, that's helpful when you get a free proc.

What I would like to see most with Windwalker is trivial but, important to me. Change the aggro conditions for Storm, Earth, and Fire. Whenever I send a clone out, they automatically aggro before they land, the mob is usually chasing me at that point, and the add has to catch up. Since most spells don't aggro until the projectile actually hits, it would be nice if Storm, Earth, and Fire followed that same mechanic.

I would also like it if we could get Zen Flight to work somehow as a ground mount at normal speed. They can add a cast time if they want, I don't care. I just miss my cloud. :(
    You are the one that complained about being bored from running out of stuff to do, like there is any way Blizzard can pump out content at a pace that someone with your kind of time can consume said content.

steam_sig.png
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Does anyone know when a follower's effect on a building they're assigned to takes effect? Say I assign Admiral Taylor to my Scribe's Quarters, but decide I need to level him up a bit. I take him off the scribe's quarters and send him off on a mission, then put him back to work on inscription before the work order arrives. Will I get the bonus?

Put in your orders, wait until they are all done, assign follower, collect the bags, unassign, send back on missions.

You only need keep them on there for things like barracks if you want them with you.

steam_sig.png
    Is there something about the "Where the rockflayers went" mission that I'm missing?

It's a 6hr, 1 person, level 90 mission, with a grey trash reward that sells for 24 silver.

Granted, it gives credit to both the rare, and exploration achievement(s), but....that's it?

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Pretty sure it's just a joke mission.

Also, is there a reason why I suddenly can't build the tailor building? Is there a cap on the profession buildings, and if so can I clear a plot so I don't have to do weird shit like replacing an old building with a purposeless one just so I can build a damn tailor.

YL9WnCY.png
  • MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    Would I be able to put Engineering on my 92 alt without having mining on any characters? Do you still need smelting to use the WoD ore?

Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
    edited November 2014
    Would I be able to put Engineering on my 92 alt without having mining on any characters? Do you still need smelting to use the WoD ore?

Nope, there is no smelting in WoD; and the bars are only used by BS's and are soulbound anyway.

Any reagent that isn't found directly from gathering (i.e. ore, herbs, skinning, cloth) is specific to its profession and produced by its profession. There are (afaik anyway) no soulbound gathering materials.

EDIT: assuming you have access to an AH or gathering on alts, or simply using the garrison stuff, all professions are self sufficient in WoD. With the exception of blood for higher crafts that come from the...stables? I don't remember; but even then you can produce those yourself.
    Pretty sure it's just a joke mission.

Also, is there a reason why I suddenly can't build the tailor building? Is there a cap on the profession buildings, and if so can I clear a plot so I don't have to do weird shit like replacing an old building with a purposeless one just so I can build a damn tailor.

Well you can only have 3 small buildings, 1 at level one, 2 at 2 and 3 at 3; but there shouldn't be a cap on profession buildings outside of that. You just can't put small buildings in medium or large slots. EDIT: and afaik you can't clear a slot, but you just build right over it by dragging the building you want on top of it (you can also move your buildings around to other slots of the same type at will with no cooldown).

The Dude With Herpes on

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    You could likely get along without mining. A level 3 mine produces a good bit of ore. Multiplied by however many alts you have at the appropriate level and you'll be swimming in it.

Edit: regarding self-sufficiency, sorcerous elements are byproducts of professions but only 2 of the 4 will be produced by a given profession. However, all professions use all 4 as materials. So not entirely self-sufficient.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Savage Bloods come from level 3 barn. You trap elite monsters (like the big ones in north west Nagrand) and it has a chance to give a blood. It's like 20% I think? I also think it's improved by having a follower assigned there. I still haven't got my barn achievement because I'm a dummy, but I only need about 15 more orders to get it done.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    One of the issues with gathering right now is that even if you amass a ton of the stuff, you can't do anything with it. Everything is on a timer or cooldown. You can only craft a profession's main item once a day. Work orders are cheap, but they're on 3 hour timers and there's not much point in collecting them quickly and putting in new orders. I've a shit ton of ore now just taking up space. I've stopped mining it in the wild because there's no point. I'll probably stop being diligent on the mine for the same reason.

I'm seriously tempted now to dump the skill for something else, because it is honestly almost worthless at this point. And even then... what, take up BS and slightly improve my daily truesteel production?

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Well you can only have 3 small buildings, 1 at level one, 2 at 2 and 3 at 3; but there shouldn't be a cap on profession buildings outside of that. You just can't put small buildings in medium or large slots. EDIT: and afaik you can't clear a slot, but you just build right over it by dragging the building you want on top of it (you can also move your buildings around to other slots of the same type at will with no cooldown).
    I understand that. When I go to my small buildings tab, certain buildings (like tailoring) simply aren't there.

It's weird.

YL9WnCY.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    My source of money lies in Darkmoon cards. Or at least it did until chuckleheads burned down the trinket prices to below material price.

Looks like my primary income is going to come from the guild selling Mythic/mount carries.

Madican on
    That was always gonna happen though. You get in early with the darkmoon cards, you make a heap of money. Then the people who took their time getting the recipe (meaning after a week or two) and the market gets flooded and prices drop. I made the majority of my money off cards in the first day, selling 3 of my cards for crazy high prices. I stopped making them a little while back when I realised I still needed a weapon and started to save for the staff though.

I understand that. When I go to my small buildings tab, certain buildings (like tailoring) simply aren't there.

It's weird.

Not there not there, or greyed out?

Do you have a garrison addon that could be dicking it up?

Even if you have plots all filled, or haven't learned a building, it should still be on the list; that would indeed be really weird.

• LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    So I collected 500 Draenor stones. Where do I buy the level 3 Mine plan?

Also: made 40k off my first hex craft.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    So I collected 500 Draenor stones. Where do I buy the level 3 Mine plan?

Also: made 40k off my first hex craft.

From the blueprints vendor near your architect table.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

It's weird.

I think there was a bug with that. If you check your blueprints vendor, he should have a book that teaches all the lvl 1 buildings.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • LouieLouie Registered User regular
    Elemental love in the patch is appreciated.

20% to chain lightning and 35% to lava burst. Should help a lot! In glad they did this before raids started too.

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
    Lavaburst has a third multistrike based on your crit as well.

• LouieLouie Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »

So the first and second are based on multi strike and the third on crit?

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • MukkMukk Registered User regular
    If there are missing buildings on your architect table interface, do a /reload. That fixes it.

• Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    One of the issues with gathering right now is that even if you amass a ton of the stuff, you can't do anything with it. Everything is on a timer or cooldown. You can only craft a profession's main item once a day. Work orders are cheap, but they're on 3 hour timers and there's not much point in collecting them quickly and putting in new orders. I've a shit ton of ore now just taking up space. I've stopped mining it in the wild because there's no point. I'll probably stop being diligent on the mine for the same reason.

I'm seriously tempted now to dump the skill for something else, because it is honestly almost worthless at this point. And even then... what, take up BS and slightly improve my daily truesteel production?

Max level profession by itself with no buildings produce 10 of their crafting mats a day. So it's more than just "slightly".

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I really have not played with my warlock since it seems I am really not doing the damage I once was used to.

I have on the other hand done the holiday cooking and am getting annoyed that after 2 days and 5 characters I have not seen the rifle or pet
    That's 25 times! this is as annoying as the Valentines event!

Louie wrote: »

So the first and second are based on multi strike and the third on crit?

Yep. Two chances equal to your multistrike, and one chance equal to your crit.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    That was always gonna happen though. You get in early with the darkmoon cards, you make a heap of money. Then the people who took their time getting the recipe (meaning after a week or two) and the market gets flooded and prices drop. I made the majority of my money off cards in the first day, selling 3 of my cards for crazy high prices. I stopped making them a little while back when I realised I still needed a weapon and started to save for the staff though.

I knew that, but what I wasn't expecting was that whereas scribes needed 5 days worth of CD's to get the tokens to buy the recipe, non-scribes who got the Inscription building could start making them right away as soon as they got their paints. So those of us with the profession were forced to wait while those without got the early start we'd been anticipating.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I'll be curious to see how well the new economy holds up; they've finally figured out that the only thing they can ultimately monetize is time and just baked that into every crafting profession. Stuff crazy right now because there's a ton of demand for cooldowns, but I wonder how long it'll take that to fall off.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Louie wrote: »
    Elemental love in the patch is appreciated.

20% to chain lightning and 35% to lava burst. Should help a lot! In glad they did this before raids started too.

I think there is still a lot to fix when it comes to Elemental as a spec.

I'm not sure why unleash is on the GCD anymore, and I don't really get why the the movement perk is attached to that skill. You unleash with the hope of increasing your next few hits, but you can't actually do any real dps if you've moving as Elemental. Would it have not made more sense to attach the movement buff to when you cast a frost shock (and hopefully separate shock cooldowns from one another)? Or just have some other kind of perk.

The improved Reincarnation perk; I'm not really a fan of something you only get a use of when you die.

Our AoE is a problem as in I think its current iteration asks you to jump through too many hoops. You have to stand there and cast CL, then EQ and hope on the latter that the tank doesn't move stuff away from the AoE (and you can't blame the tank if he does, since he can't see your AoE). The set-up time to get that all off seems to be long and truth be told, this AoE seems rather forced in an attempt to make EQ useful.

Heals are relatively poor, grounding totem doesn't seem to work as well as it used to, some of the level 100 talents need a look at; Liquid Magma breaking all sort of CC and pulling extra mobs (odd considering what has happened with Starfall) while Storm Elemental has some rather iffy AI (sometimes wants to attack, sometimes just stands there) plus a few other things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm aware this is more of a hotfix and hopefully other things get looked at, but I don't understand why dps has been so poor until now despite all the feedback, in addition to why some mechanics are just plain horrible.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Nobody wrote: »
    And WotF is now a 2 min cooldown. I'm shocked

Interesting pyroblast buff

That lock nerf isn't shocking tbh.

Really? Because it seems like a pretty severe nerf on a class and spec that wasn't even that high in the dps ranking.

Its a super extreme pendulum swing, and none of the 8% buffs to other abilities for destro really do much of anything to help with ember generation.

All the while removing destros ability to provide much meaningful AoE; something it was previously good at.

Blizzard has this really weird love/hate affair with AoE in single target situations. Currently it seems to be a case of "some is fine" like with whirlwind and divine storm, but demo crossed an invisible line.

As for multi-target situations, I don't think Blizzard cares as much, it's (generally) not boss DPS.

For some reason Blizzard is perfectly okay with Bladestorm being a great single target cooldown.

Mind you, Warriors also have Ravager, now.

Still can't comprehend that.

Yep

And with Whirlwind being a filler.

But spamming ROF crossed their line apparently.

As you said, Divine Storm too; one of the WoD perks makes it clearly intended to be used in single target rotations as a free filler and even increases its damage.

Plus there's the Final Verdict talent that I still can't discern how is actually useful, aside from the stars aligning and it coinciding with improved divine storm; if you're already aoe'ing throwing in a TV for double DS damage makes no sense when you could just...DS twice.. :rotate:
    final verdict + empowered divine storm makes it a viable single target skill, besides the damage buff to TV it already gives

also im super disappointed about the prot warrior nerfs, i was leveling up one to play gladiator and now i'm kind of discouraged

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    My followers actually grabbed me 615 shoulders last night, which put me in range of more normals..

I'm liking the stables so far, keep seeing mounts I don't remember getting (and others I haven't seen for a while like the ones from AQ)

• Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Also don't worry about boosting a lvl 60 to get the professions. There are multiple ways to boost a profession up to Draenor levels in an incredibly quick amount of time.

I'm trying to figure out how to boost inscription. I've got it at literally 0/75, and there's no sign of anything that'll boost it quick. Do I not get a recipe for boosting it quickly until I find the draenor-level drop?

This discussion has been closed.