As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] WARLORDS OF DRAENOR: Wait, do I need to feed my entire Garrison on Thanksgiving ?

1939495969799»

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Rain of Fire was a significant DPS gain on single target and it shouldn't be.

The difference between Rain of Fire and other AoE is that Destruction can just plop a few down and go about their business at the same time.

You have 2 instant cast charges of a spell to burn while moving, and ideally if you need to be casting and moving you'll know ahead of time and can save them for that.

For AoE you still have fire and forget Rain of Fire as well as the cool down that turns everything into an AoE and another one that lets you Chaos Bolt two things at once.

With all of the other buffs it evens out perfectly.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

The difference between Rain of Fire and other AoE is that Destruction can just plop a few down and go about their business at the same time.

You have 2 instant cast charges of a spell to burn while moving, and ideally if you need to be casting and moving you'll know ahead of time and can save them for that.

For AoE you still have fire and forget Rain of Fire as well as the cool down that turns everything into an AoE and another one that lets you Chaos Bolt two things at once.

They've nerfed Ember regen, which will impact our ability to F&B/Havoc effectively. Our single target dps got buffed, our aoe got nerfed, and our mobility issues are now slightly worst since we generate less embers while moving.

We're still far behind melee classes and any ranged with better mobility solutions.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    And WotF is now a 2 min cooldown. I'm shocked

Interesting pyroblast buff

That lock nerf isn't shocking tbh.

Really? Because it seems like a pretty severe nerf on a class and spec that wasn't even that high in the dps ranking.

Its a super extreme pendulum swing, and none of the 8% buffs to other abilities for destro really do much of anything to help with ember generation.

All the while removing destros ability to provide much meaningful AoE; something it was previously good at.

Blizzard has this really weird love/hate affair with AoE in single target situations. Currently it seems to be a case of "some is fine" like with whirlwind and divine storm, but demo crossed an invisible line.

As for multi-target situations, I don't think Blizzard cares as much, it's (generally) not boss DPS.

For some reason Blizzard is perfectly okay with Bladestorm being a great single target cooldown.

Mind you, Warriors also have Ravager, now.

Still can't comprehend that.

Yep

And with Whirlwind being a filler.

But spamming ROF crossed their line apparently.

As you said, Divine Storm too; one of the WoD perks makes it clearly intended to be used in single target rotations as a free filler and even increases its damage.

Plus there's the Final Verdict talent that I still can't discern how is actually useful, aside from the stars aligning and it coinciding with improved divine storm; if you're already aoe'ing throwing in a TV for double DS damage makes no sense when you could just...DS twice.. :rotate:
    final verdict + empowered divine storm makes it a viable single target skill, besides the damage buff to TV it already gives

also im super disappointed about the prot warrior nerfs, i was leveling up one to play gladiator and now i'm kind of discouraged

itso nly about a 6% dps drop overall.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Mobility solutions aren't an issue, there's not a dire need to be moving and doing sustained dps for significant periods of time. Melee classes and hunters are obviously going to have an edge over everyone else in this department.

As a Frost mage, all I can do is spam Ice Lance on the move. At least your instant cast spell reduces the cast time of your next Chaos Bolt and/or Incinerate when you're done moving, and you can still place Rain of Fires while moving for some dot damage, which is now probably the equivalent of an Ice Lance without Fingers of Frost, which if I'm moving, unless there's a lot of mobs I can cast Freeze on, I probably won't have available to me.

Casters having to stand still and hard cast was going to be a thing this expansion, we already knew this. Shamans lost being able to cast Lightning Bolt while moving as well.

This happened partly so spells like Spirit Walk and Aspect of the Fox could actually feel very useful.

• Options
    KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    Casters having to stand still and hard cast was going to be a thing this expansion, we already knew this.

Doesn't make it any better/not worth complaining about/etc. It was a shit decision and now we're seeing the shit aftermath. It's "fine" but I'm sure as hell not having nearly as much fun playing my warlock itself. The content is great though.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Yes! I got the shotgun toy and the bush chicken in the same bag on my worgen rogue!

Sadly I have also been told there are other classes in the game than rogues when people ask for rogues to shoot and I offer my blood elf, troll, night elf, undead and worgen rogues

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Taking mobility away from casters is going to be way worse, since it's something they had, and will no longer have. Tuning numbers is one thing, but mobility is actually a very fun feature to add to a class, just ask hunters. So having that gap is going to hurt much more than your average tuning pass.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    And WotF is now a 2 min cooldown. I'm shocked

Interesting pyroblast buff

That lock nerf isn't shocking tbh.

Really? Because it seems like a pretty severe nerf on a class and spec that wasn't even that high in the dps ranking.

Its a super extreme pendulum swing, and none of the 8% buffs to other abilities for destro really do much of anything to help with ember generation.

All the while removing destros ability to provide much meaningful AoE; something it was previously good at.

Blizzard has this really weird love/hate affair with AoE in single target situations. Currently it seems to be a case of "some is fine" like with whirlwind and divine storm, but demo crossed an invisible line.

As for multi-target situations, I don't think Blizzard cares as much, it's (generally) not boss DPS.

For some reason Blizzard is perfectly okay with Bladestorm being a great single target cooldown.

Mind you, Warriors also have Ravager, now.

Still can't comprehend that.

Yep

And with Whirlwind being a filler.

But spamming ROF crossed their line apparently.

As you said, Divine Storm too; one of the WoD perks makes it clearly intended to be used in single target rotations as a free filler and even increases its damage.

Plus there's the Final Verdict talent that I still can't discern how is actually useful, aside from the stars aligning and it coinciding with improved divine storm; if you're already aoe'ing throwing in a TV for double DS damage makes no sense when you could just...DS twice.. :rotate:
    final verdict + empowered divine storm makes it a viable single target skill, besides the damage buff to TV it already gives

also im super disappointed about the prot warrior nerfs, i was leveling up one to play gladiator and now i'm kind of discouraged

itso nly about a 6% dps drop overall.
    hmm, that doesn't sound nearly as bad as 20% sounded, but i guess that wasnt to all the abilities

i'll definitely get it to 100 to see how it is

edit: it seems like a huge nerf to heavy repercussions and not so much to the devastate talent, weird design choice since i heard the devastate one was already the best

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Kryhs wrote: »
    Casters having to stand still and hard cast was going to be a thing this expansion, we already knew this.

Doesn't make it any better/not worth complaining about/etc. It was a shit decision and now we're seeing the shit aftermath. It's "fine" but I'm sure as hell not having nearly as much fun playing my warlock itself. The content is great though.

Was about to post basically that.

There are so many things we've known about this expansion that were and still are incredibly stupid at least in my view. And the knowledge that they were coming doesn't change that at all...not sure what thread of logic would dictate otherwise.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Plainly the answer is to abandon ship and roll a Death Knight!

Yay Death Knights!

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    That's a good point and I might even look into swapping the talent for tanking

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Taking mobility away from casters is going to be way worse, since it's something they had, and will no longer have. Tuning numbers is one thing, but mobility is actually a very fun feature to add to a class, just ask hunters. So having that gap is going to hurt much more than your average tuning pass.

Being able to have melee in a raid group and not be shooting yourself in the foot will also be nice. Melee was total garbage in MoP since the only thing they have over ranged is dps while moving, and then they let all the ranged dps while moving. My raid group is fairly melee heavy in MoP and some encounters were so much harder for us than they should have been if we were actually min maxing our comp with 1 melee and all ranged besides that.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Hey I'm melee and I did just fine in MoP!

I do agree that ranged might have it easier, but being a melee for this whole time, I never really got the 'oh this is just horrid with all melee what will we ever do!' We cleared fights, I was always top or close-to-top DPS, it was fine.

My main concern is about mobility being more fun, which it is. If I just did my regular rogue rotation without moving, that would be abysmally boring. Moving around while doing things is way more fun, just ask hunters. Taking that away is stupid, since it makes things less fun. That's the only point I'm trying to make.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    If I just did my regular rogue rotation without moving, that would be abysmally boring. Moving around while doing things is way more fun, just ask hunters.

It's true. I don't think I can stand still while doing melee dps. I'm usually circle strafing because..... reasons.

Even when I'm tanking I have this finicky need to reposition everything all the time.

• Options
    bones09bones09 Registered User regular
    If for some reason you need a base copy of WoW (including everything up to MoP, but not WoD), you'll be able to pick up a copy for $5 for black friday. The sale actually starts now, and goes till Dec 2.

I bought a bunch of copies last year to use as RAF accounts for the mounts, but afaik there aren't any new ones, so unless anyone knows of one in the pipeline I'll probably pass this year.

Do you know if it's possible to grab gift copies and hold onto them? I'm wanting to get a copy as a christmas gift, and this is a perfect time, but I don't want to have to give it this early.

• Options
    MukkMukk Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    If I just did my regular rogue rotation without moving, that would be abysmally boring. Moving around while doing things is way more fun, just ask hunters.

It's true. I don't think I can stand still while doing melee dps. I'm usually circle strafing because..... reasons.

Even when I'm tanking I have this finicky need to reposition everything all the time.

It's kinda disorienting as a monk healer when your camera's jerking left to right stupidly fast. Well, that happens only when the tank's strafing constantly, not necessarily with all movement. Still, it's weird.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Also don't worry about boosting a lvl 60 to get the professions. There are multiple ways to boost a profession up to Draenor levels in an incredibly quick amount of time.

I'm trying to figure out how to boost inscription. I've got it at literally 0/75, and there's no sign of anything that'll boost it quick. Do I not get a recipe for boosting it quickly until I find the draenor-level drop?

Correct. It should happen pretty quickly while you quest.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

This is a terrible post. That change seriously fucked up Destro warlocks in every scenario. It was a huge nerf to a spec that didn't need a huge nerf.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Melee always sucked in raids. They were basically tanks, without the incoming heals, and had to pay way more attention because usually if it was a tank mechanic it was a them mechanic too.

Mimiron and the shockwave/mines is probably the most obvious example of this.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    bones09 wrote: »
    If for some reason you need a base copy of WoW (including everything up to MoP, but not WoD), you'll be able to pick up a copy for $5 for black friday. The sale actually starts now, and goes till Dec 2.

I bought a bunch of copies last year to use as RAF accounts for the mounts, but afaik there aren't any new ones, so unless anyone knows of one in the pipeline I'll probably pass this year.

Do you know if it's possible to grab gift copies and hold onto them? I'm wanting to get a copy as a christmas gift, and this is a perfect time, but I don't want to have to give it this early.

Don't believe so; last year at least you had to associate an e-mail address with every copy. You couldn't just, say, buy a bunch of keys.

I know the b.net store does have gifting options, but I'm not entirely sure how they'd work out. Worth checking on, if it interests you, I suppose.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    To gift anything digital on battle.net they need a battle.net account, but that's it, I believe

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Also don't worry about boosting a lvl 60 to get the professions. There are multiple ways to boost a profession up to Draenor levels in an incredibly quick amount of time.

I'm trying to figure out how to boost inscription. I've got it at literally 0/75, and there's no sign of anything that'll boost it quick. Do I not get a recipe for boosting it quickly until I find the draenor-level drop?

Check out WoWhead's guide to Draenor Inscription. I'm leveling my new scribe right now, but I had a large surplus of old-world herbs, so I'm doing it more of the old fashion way. The bottom line is that even without drops or herbalism you can get enough herbs from your garrison's garden to make into Warbinder's Ink to do Research: Warbinder's Ink that will give you a new glyph recipe and raise your skill ups by 3. When you learn all the Warbinder's Ink glyphs, the Research will automatically start letting you learn other older ink recipes.

Oh and yes, this all starts when you get a drop from a random WoD mob that raises your skill cap to 700.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    The crafting profession draenor books can be gotten in one of three ways:
    1) Random drop (lowest chance)
    2) Guaranteed drop from a one-time quest during a questline in the Draenor starting zone for your faction (Horde it's the miniboss during the reclaiming of the fortress line, dunno what alliance's is).
    3) Buy it from the vendor in your faction's Ashran town

Opty on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

Alliance books are guaranteed from a Void type mini boss you fight with Velen. Previous to that, there's a small assault by shadowmoon orcs on a town where you are pretty much assured of getting the secondary tradeskill books. When I went to loot a pile of ~20 corpses, there were 6 first aid books and I forget how many of the others.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    does anybody have any insight into how/when available missions get cycled out of your mission table list? All the lowbie ones I have at the moment reward gold and I guess I'll do them if that's what it takes to get them out of the way, but I'd rather be spending my resources to get bonus exp.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    The crafting profession draenor books can be gotten in one of three ways:
    1) Random drop (lowest chance)
    2) Guaranteed drop from a one-time quest during a questline in the Draenor starting zone for your faction (Horde it's the miniboss during the reclaiming of the fortress line, dunno what alliance's is).
    3) Buy it from the vendor in your faction's Ashran town

For alliance it's
    Confronting Ner'Zhul

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Bobble wrote: »

I do exactly the same thing and it FUCKS ME UP because they've changed something about mob AI since Wrath and they now like to be much closer to you, which means that it's very difficult to move them around properly without them getting behind you.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Ok.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    I was hoping the barracks level 3 guard changer would change the decor as well...kind of odd having death knights guarding a very human looking town.

This discussion has been closed.