As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

is the mcrib back

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    But the mcrib isn't hipster. It's just garbage.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    That looks freaking delicious, please direct it towards my mouth.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Also that pig map is ludicrous. That's not where a pig's butt is.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    oh look at smof, some kinda expert on pigs and butts today are you?

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    It's the Boston butt though!

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    It's the Boston butt though!

Are you trying to imply that Bostonians have their heads very close to their butts?

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    pin the butt on the pig

• Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    In other news, I've never had a Filet-O-Fish nor have I ever seen one ordered.

Who eats them?

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    To Wikipedia!
    In pre-revolutionary New England and into the American Revolutionary War, some pork cuts (not those highly valued, or "high on the hog," like loin and ham) were packed into casks or barrels (also known as "butts") for storage and shipment.[2] The way the hog shoulder was cut in the Boston area became known in other regions as "Boston butt". In the UK it is known as "pork hand and spring", or simply "pork hand".

Of course, earlier it says
    In the United Kingdom, Boston butt is known as pork shoulder on the bone, since regular pork shoulder normally has the bone removed and then rolled and tied back into a joint.

So, yeah, usual Wikipedia disclaimers.

Bad-Beat wrote: »

Who eats them?

Heathens.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Bad-Beat wrote: »

Who eats them?

From my experience, very few people. On a typical Saturday night we'd sell many hundreds of things like cheeseburgers and quarter pounders and their variants, plenty of mcchickens, angus burgers, and chicken deluxes, but only like four or five filets all night. The only other burger I saw sell that badly in my years of experience was the Lean Beef Burger, which got canceled because it was a fucking horrible piece of shit that still managed to outsell the fish filet burger, but was much more complex to make and used more expensive ingredients.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »

I didn't spend three years and thousands of pounds pursuing a PhD (Porcine Hindquarters Diploma) just to let such misinformation stand!

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I like the fillet o fish, it's probably my favorite. However I've stopped ordering it to cut down on the amount of fish that I eat.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

I didn't spend three years and thousands of pounds pursuing a PhD (Porcine Hindquarters Diploma) just to let such misinformation stand!

This is funnier if you don't know Smof is british

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    I assume the fillet of fish is a profitable item during lent. People in the habit of getting mcdonalds, but want to stay true to the tradition.

Also; @chrishallett83‌ Love the holiday avatar change.

I have the same avatar on Steam - I changed it to the holiday version a long time ago and never bothered changing it back, so I thought I'd bring the forums into line too.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I think the McRib is nasty but I got no room to judge nobody because I used to love McGriddles when I was in high school

McGriddles are objectively awful, and I would shove them in my face hole with reckless, feckless abandon

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Mcgriddles are the worst item on the breakfast menu and I'd still fuck one

Mcgriddles are the worst item on the breakfast menu and I'd still fuck one

This is just a just a stellar post truly one of my finest moments not just on the forums but in life entirely

Time to quit posting forever, I'm never topping "I'd fuck a mcgrifdle"

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mods clicking reaction buttons on their own posts makes me laugh every single goddamn time

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I've eaten about 8 McRib since they've come back.

• the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've always liked the filet-o-fish. I feel like it was more popular back in the day when catholics didn't eat 'meat' on fridays.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i don't understand why this thread is still around when it has clearly been established that the mcrib is not back

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    the cheat wrote: »
    I've always liked the filet-o-fish. I feel like it was more popular back in the day when catholics didn't eat 'meat' on fridays.

Back in the capricious days of my youth my old roommate and I had a rule that if either one of us mentioned the filet o fish we had to drop what we were doing and go get one each.

This persisted until one night at 3am we went and got two then both of us spent the next day crapping and vomiting.

i don't understand why this thread is still around when it has clearly been established that the mcrib is not back

WHAT HAVE I BEEN EATING THEN?

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    In this thread we discover what intentional scarcity does to a population

YL9WnCY.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm actually middle-of-the-road when it comes to the mcrib, I just think the name is ridiculous and I like the jokes/tweets about it

Why?

I'm going to buy a Filet-O-Fish on my way home tonight and end the mystery.

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular

Why?

Thousands of pounds

Wait, there's cheese in a Filet-O-Fish?

That doesn't seem right...

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    It's me. I'm the McRib. Eat me.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    MKR wrote: »
    It's me. I'm the McRib. Eat me.

The caption for a poorly thought up sexy Halloween costume

VRXwDW7.png
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Anyone here had Whataburger?

Whataburger breakfast is the shit

Their regular burgers are average yet satisfying

The Honey Barbecue Chicken Strip sandwich is pretty good, too.

• POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    "boston butt" would be a pretty good 1920s gangster nickname

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
    I'm getting a breakfast burrito and potato ole from Taco Johns right now.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    don't eat like this you guys

i mean, go ahead and eat some bad stuff

but make it good bad stuff

don't lower yourself to the mcrib

there's gotta be a bbq joint in your area where you can get a sandwich

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    A few months ago I had never had a burrito

and then I did

it was life changing

in the sense that I could say, yes, I've had one of those.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I never had one filled with rice. I imagine they're probably pretty good.