As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

is the mcrib back

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I get a McRib every couple of years, it only serves to remind myself why I don't eat them more often when they're available.

I'm pretty sure this means I'm stupid, as even a chimp will eventually learn that sticking it's hand in fire is an unpleasant experience and stop after trying it a couple of times.

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    McRib-American

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    The only thing which bugs me about the McRib is the strong artificial flavor? It might be something else, I don't know. But it kinda bites into my taste buds.

• Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    I could sure go for a Chicken & Green Olives Tagine from Comptoir Libanais right about now.

• balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    I could sure go for a Chicken & Green Olives Tagine from Comptoir Libanais right about now.

go elsewhere to talk about your fancy slop, bourgeois pig

this is the mcrib thread, this is the people's thread

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Why haven't they ever made a sandwich out of a sandwich sized chicken nugget?

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    The McRib is capitalism

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'm getting a breakfast burrito and potato ole from Taco Johns right now.

Oh man, Taco Johns. Base liberty on Lackland AFB after the bullshit of BMT and the BX had a TJs. Their tator tots were delicious.

I have to go to a TJs again somehow.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    When I was in paris, all the McDees had these... ordering towers? Spread around the floor in the space before the counters

Big friendly touchscreen menus - you selected what you wanted, swiped your credit card, and you got a little reciept with a number while the order went through the computer and into the McKitchen

After a few minutes they'd call the number and you'd come pick up the order from the counter

Efficient, effortless and requiring minimal amount of human interaction

McDonald's Paris have got their shit on fucking lock

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Because that sandwich is even worse than their current offerings.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    Development : The Filet-O-Fish ain't that bad! Small but breaks up the McDonald's template nicely.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

you mean a McChicken?

The dry ass chicken in a McChicken is nothing like the chicken goop they use in a McNugget. It doesn't even have the same breading.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    It's actually the exact same stuff, just with crumbing instead of tempura batter.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    The McRib was inside you all along

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    The McRib was inside you all along

The circle of life.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Oh man, Taco Johns. Base liberty on Lackland AFB after the bullshit of BMT and the BX had a TJs. Their tator tots were delicious.

@Fuselage‌

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    If want to talk good local burger places theres a few out here. We have http://valpo.burgerhausrestaurants.com/ Burgerhause which alot of people rant and rave about but I think is just ok. The fries are real good here though. Then theres my favorite place, a bar called Stacks, its a bar themed after a library with books everywhere and they have about 70 beers on hand, they have a drink 50 beers and get on our wall card called a Library Card (yes my name is on the wall) and they have amazing burgers paired with sweet potatoe tots which are grand.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    don't eat like this you guys

i mean, go ahead and eat some bad stuff

but make it good bad stuff

don't lower yourself to the mcrib

there's gotta be a bbq joint in your area where you can get a sandwich

in rural Oregon? haha, nope!

edited November 2014
    If you really want a McRib, go to the grocery store, buy a box of these things and a bag of hamburger rolls.

Ribs_zps956dd02a.png

Maximum on
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Let me tell you the tale of my first McRib:

This was two weeks ago. I kept hearing the promotions, and I, an overweight, sedentary 27 year old realized I had never consumed one.

"I must rectify this!" I said to my roommate, climbing to my feet. "Today, I will eat a McRib!" and immediately left the apartment.

I climbed into my car, and ordered. The process took about ten minutes, as someone in front of me was clearing out their entire ready-stock of McNuggets.

Bag clenched firmly in hand, I drove around the corner and saw Trudy. Trudy normally hangs out beside the 7/11 down the block from my apartment. She's not homeless, she's just not receiving as much assistance as she should be, considering her husband is chronically ill and she works part time. She spends about two hours a day asking for food. I've tried to give her money before, but she refuses it, instead asking for sandwiches.

I slowed my car down and rolled down the window.

"Hey Trudy!" I waved.

"Hi, Mike!"

"Got a McRib. You want it?"

"Oh, no. I couldn't."

"You certainly could!" I said, handing it over. "Anyway, tell Charlie I said hello."

I drove back to the apartment and ate Ramen.

MalReynolds on
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    When I was in paris, all the McDees had these... ordering towers? Spread around the floor in the space before the counters

Big friendly touchscreen menus - you selected what you wanted, swiped your credit card, and you got a little reciept with a number while the order went through the computer and into the McKitchen

After a few minutes they'd call the number and you'd come pick up the order from the counter

Of course Paris would minimize their interactions with other human beings

VRXwDW7.png
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular

that sounds amazing

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

that sounds amazing

the french have figured out that the less you have to deal with Parisians the better

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Is there a Thanksgiving thread? Is this it? Because I have begun the first thawing bath for the turkey.

Weaver on
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    w-wait you are doing a Titanfall marathon of sorts now

watch that bird!

VRXwDW7.png
    You thaw with cold/roomish temp water and change it every half/three-quarter hour it's fine.

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    why isn't there a mcturkey

seems like a no-brainer

do you reckon they've spent like eight million dollars on feasability studies in order to conclude that turkey is just not mcable

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I have never had a McRib

But I don't like pig, don't like barbecue, don't like pickles and generally don't like McDonald's food, so

I think I'm safe making assumptions on this one

Turkeys are huge and wild and will gobble-gobble bird claw their way out of shit; mass chicken farming is way easier.

I have never had a McRib

But I don't like pig, don't like barbecue, don't like pickles and generally don't like McDonald's food, so

WHOA WAIT WHAT

Who the fuck doesn't like pickles?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I want a McCassowary

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    McRib is so good that its almost enough to make me not only believe in a god, but a kind and loving god.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I have never had a McRib

WHOA WAIT WHAT

Who the fuck doesn't like pickles?

Yo that's me, not a pickle fan.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Cassowary nuggets.

• Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    I had a McRib just recently. I went into it hoping for something bad for me but delicious. Like a Baconator or a Quesarito or some other fastfood bullshit disasterpiece.

Nope. Strong flavor that was maybe sort of like sweet and sour and no actual texture to speak of. I ate some of it, couldn't stop getting that terrible smelling sauce everywhere so I took a break from the chore that is the McRib, and then something terrible began to happen in my stomach. I maybe had eaten half of the thing. I threw it away and consoled myself with the fries.

It smelled like McRib in my car for two days. It's like Black Ice but instead of SO FRESH it's more like SO RANCID.

You g'wan likin' that stuff if you do. I just couldn't stand it.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Purge the heretic, burn the unworthy.

FOR THE EMPEROR McRib!

Cassowary nuggets.

Hey you wanna go fight one of those murder birds for its meat, good on ya man good luck.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    It's pork* that has been pressed into a mold that gives it a vaguely rib-like shape.

*in the sense that it came from a pig, not necessarily that it's a part of the animal you'd ever consider eating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJoMzhStPNk

hmmm

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »

@Fuselage‌

Not big on Taco Johns, but that BX does have Cinnabon and hot sisters/girlfriends. Score!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png