As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Friday Sale and Pins

cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
Mike just put up a new post with pin related news for Black Friday. There seem to be some good deals and the tiered rewards are back.

Mike's Post

There is a Christmas Carol themed pin set for $30.

olaa4oYl.jpg

And the blind boxes are finally available at $14 for two pins!

Al3oia6l.jpg

I think I am most excited for the Strip Search DVD set though.

WiiU: cabbie98
3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
Pin Pals Digital Lanyard

• Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    "Most excellent!"

I've been saving my most recent Club PA discount since I heard that Strip Search was imminent.

The products will go live Friday? I've looked and also attempted possible product URL's to no avail.

Take my money PA, please :)

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    No pin poster this year it seems. But if I remember from last year, that was a specific deal if you bought 2 or more pin sets

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    Ajaxon wrote: »
    No pin poster this year it seems. But if I remember from last year, that was a specific deal if you bought 2 or more pin sets

Hmmm!

Some guy.
  • Options
    AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Hmmm!

HMMMMMMMMMM!

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular

Hmmm!

Is it sad that I'm happy to spend money.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I imagine getting 9/10 lookouts in the blind boxes

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    And of course I ordered something from PA 2 days ago for my secret santee and probably don't have any money now damnit!

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    And of course I ordered something from PA 2 days ago for my secret santee and probably don't have any money now damnit!
    What are you looking for? All the things?

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    ALL THE THINGS!

Actually I might have some cash..

• Options
    10% off blind boxes? I'd be wasting money by NOT buying them!

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    I'm really scared of the blind boxes, my gambling finger is starting to twitch....oh god....WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!

If I don't return, tell my wife, "Hello".

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Options
    I figure 5 is a good solid number for me. Then I can still get the Christmas set and the stripsearch blurays and not go too crazy.

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    As I've started collecting recently, the blind boxes seem like a great idea for me to hopefully pick up a bunch of Prime and East pins that I have not seen in the wild yet. Super excited. Also, the christmas set looks great this year. Merch Ahoy!

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh man I am looking forward to the Australian shipping tax doubling the prices on my order for these. :D

• Options
    Gonna try out shopmate.auspost.com.au along with
    Plus, until 31 December, we're giving you 25% off shipping* fees to Australia.

Simply enter the promotional code XMAS2014 when you pay for your shipping at the ShopMate checkout.

See how that compares.

• Options
    big haircutbig haircut Registered User regular

I would hope not, but it could happen. The staff DOES get a lot of lookout trades.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    GOD DAMN IT

Buying a lot of shit I guess...

• Options

I would hope not, but it could happen. The staff DOES get a lot of lookout trades.

I think you quoted the wrong person, but I heard someone on here saying a staff member had told them they were looking at ways to avoid that happening.

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I hope they announce a poster for the Black Friday sale. That's how I'm displaying my Year 1 pins, and I'd love to do the same for Year 2.

• Options
    Ok two things, just realised that my second 6 month Club PA discount was 5% and not 10% (as intended and detailed in the email to me but I just didn't pay enought attention), and my wife is going to go nuts when that line goes through on the credit card statement for the order I just placed

"Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    No, the email should have had a 5% discount code and a $10 store credit code, that's what it says on both the sign up perks list and the email I got...

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    SerpicoBC wrote: »
    I hope they announce a poster for the Black Friday sale. That's how I'm displaying my Year 1 pins, and I'd love to do the same for Year 2.

Just confirmed in the Gazelle:

news_bonusposter2014.jpg

Although it seems it's only going to be for PA pins, not partner pins. They said it's for 2 sets of any pins, but not sure if that includes blind boxes..

EDIT: Oh wait the email says they're not.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    Tubby2877Tubby2877 Addicted Pinner Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Just waiting on my club pa email now to get the code, hopefully it will arrive soon, since they do them by hand, I'm sure that's not easy around this time of year.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Just ordered:

1x Christmas 2014 set
    1x Lookouts (gonna need some for South! And I want the poster...)
    3x Blind Boxes
    1x Spinal
    1x Spinal Shield (I'm giving up on MS doing the second shot at this).

About $142 shipped with my 5% discount... Black Friday hurts.

• Options
    ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    I hope my club pa email arrives with the code soon. Ahh black friday madness!

• Options
    Considering the holiday, you might be waiting a bit. When did you sign up? It could take up to or more than a week to get that stuff.

• Options
    Tubby2877Tubby2877 Addicted Pinner Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I signed up on the 18th nov, but received an email on the 22nd from the penny arcade guys that they try and complete a batch by hand every fortnight or so, hopefully mine will be in this batch coming up, as I saw someone mention they received their email around the 14th.

One can only hope ::biggrin:

• Options
    rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    I just got 2x Christmas set and 5 blind boxes. Very excited to see what is in these.

• Options
    Geometric CubeGeometric Cube Registered User regular
    I think I might have put in my order to early to count....I don't know...

• Options
    rentfn wrote: »
    and 5 blind boxes. Very excited to see what is in these.

Spoiler:
    pins

• Options
    rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    and 5 blind boxes. Very excited to see what is in these.

Spoiler:
    pins

Wait...I thought I could get a strip search DVD or a print of the HL2 comic where Freeman is throwing cans at guards...Bummer

• Options
    grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    I just got 2x Christmas set and 5 blind boxes. Very excited to see what is in these.

I got the same. I'm hoping one of these blind boxes offsets the $60USD postage cost :P *youch*

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    2x Christmas sets, 2x Blind boxes, 3x first party shirts and Strip search Bluray...Pray for my credit card........

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Duckie wrote: »
    No, the email should have had a 5% discount code and a $10 store credit code, that's what it says on both the sign up perks list and the email I got...

Yeah spot on, it's just that for some reason I thought I got 10% off 6 months ago but I just checked and it was 5%. I must have had a man look! :)

"Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    Geometric CubeGeometric Cube Registered User regular
    10 for me...I have a problem. At least I get a merch pin as well, lol.

• Options
  • Options
    HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I may have bought more mystery boxes than anyone here
    Maybe.

• Options
    I guess it will remain a mystery.

Or a pinstery, as we say.

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Two Christmas sets and a single Mystery Box. That's a good start for me.

Also, thrilled we're getting a pin poster again. The brain squirrels want my pins in tiny colorful boxes.

• Options
    Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    Just ordered more Secret Boxes than I dare say.

Okay, 20.

I'll be sure to post a pic of all I get for statistical purposes :)

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!