As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Android: Netrunner] Creating and Controlling since 2012

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Forked
    Event: Run - Sabotage
    Cost 2
    Make a run. The first time you break all subroutines on a sentry during this run, trash that sentry.
    A(3)

Knifed
    Cost 1
    Make a run. The first time you break all subroutines on a barrier during this run, trash that barrier.
    A(3)

Spooned
    Cost 2
    Make a run. The first time you break all subroutines on a code gate during this run, trash that code gate.
    A(3)

Holy crap these look to be incredibly potent in certain decks.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    The hilarious thing about The Board is that future The Boards that get rezzed actually lower the agenda points of any stolen The Boards.

• Options
    There are some insanely cool cards, both in terms of theme and ability, in O&C. I'm really excited to get my hands on it!

• Options
    Honestly, all those rez-cost-is-lowered ICE are really good. Especially if you have The Root or Builder in play.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Bouncing tokens around seems fun, and i like the triplet themes:
    the spacey set that ends in orion and the cutlery anarch set...though maybe eater is supposed to go with those too, it certainly fits mechanically

• Options
    Steelskin is so good. It's like Inject but it can't fail. It's a Diesel that protects itself from trashing. Why would they print Inject if Steelskin is available???

• Options
    Diesel vs steel is worth talking about though, since when you are down on your luck, 3 cards for free vs 1 can certainly make a difference. (Barring facechecking a 1 dmg ice when you have one card? but that seems super niche)

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Based Snowjax just dropped some O&C spoilers.
    vigil is siiiiiick but we already knew about that from the draft packs a few weeks ago

all three of the runner identities are REALLY strong, that really pleases me

virus breeding ground + harbinger + progenitor is spooky

amped is awesome, we knew that

steelskin is potentially the anarch replacement for plascrete (assuming it works the way it looks at first glance and you get to draw 3 cards as soon as it gets trashed by damage), AND it works against net damage!

eater and the cutlery is neat, kinda gimmicky though. I like the idea of a Kit ice destruction deck with Spooned.

corpside I'm not totally impressed with anything but the IDs

I love Gagarin Deep Space in an asset/upgrade-heavy deck

The Board miiiight be useful in that but it also might not be worth the deck slot

Mark Yale probably isn't worth the deck slot

the space ice are....hmm

assuming you just pay the cost as normal, each advancement only saves you a dollar

if you're running The Root, they become a much more viable proposition

I also like the idea of using Firmware Updates to advance them

basically I would only play them if you can get free advancement tokens in your deck (or maybe in blue sun because lol blue sun)

do these ice finally make BWBI playable?

perhaps? it's still really slow. The Board might help to stall the game out long enough for you to score. playtesting is necessary!

• Options
    Eater and the Cutlery could be really amusing in a Nasir ice destruction deck or the like, but the influence cost is a bit much. Could still wrangle the idea in some anarch decks though...

• Options
    Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    I have always wanted to like anarchs, but for the longest time I haven't been able to make their card pool work for me. It seemed like I needed to go out of faction for practically everything. All their best tools worked better in Shaper or Criminal.

O&C changes things. All these cards have so much potential and are so flavourful too! They actually have some decent card draw now! Alternate strategies! Tools that work well together! Some Econ! Great cards with reasonable balancing!

The only downside to all this is that I'm going to have to wait to get all these wonderful toys.

• Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    Hello! I have been playing this game for the past few weeks, and it has been lots of fun!

I'm really late to the party on this one, but I finally caved when my neighbour bought a core on a whim. We're now on our 6th data-pack each.
    I'm excited for more Anarch stuff!

rqv6.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    xiears wrote: »
    I
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    IDs will eventually rotate out too, yeah? Everything but the core set given enough time?

Core set and deluxe boxes remain in the game forever, it's just the data packs that fall out eventually.

Kind of funny to think that one day Andy will be gone but Iain Sterling is eternal.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    The Board means that one-point agendas are worthless to the runner, and Weyland has some pretty nice choices here.

Gagarin with some Encryption Protocols and Ash makes for an extremely taxing money sink. Especially when you can just rez another one.

The real question is if it means that Shi.Kyu is worth -2 agenda points.

• Options
    Davoid wrote: »
    Hello! I have been playing this game for the past few weeks, and it has been lots of fun!

I'm really late to the party on this one, but I finally caved when my neighbour bought a core on a whim. We're now on our 6th data-pack each.

I'd personally recommend buying the deluxe packages first, as they tend to be self contained (design wise). Data packs are designed as a set, and some packs can be pretty dull if you don't have other cards from that cycle. Not that there's anything bad about buying data packs, it's just that if you're buying things piece meal, you're going to get a much better play experience from the deluxe packs.

• Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Davoid wrote: »

I'd personally recommend buying the deluxe packages first, as they tend to be self contained (design wise). Data packs are designed as a set, and some packs can be pretty dull if you don't have other cards from that cycle. Not that there's anything bad about buying data packs, it's just that if you're buying things piece meal, you're going to get a much better play experience from the deluxe packs.

Yea, I think I will pick up and split Honor and Profit with my neighbour, as he plays a Criminal deck, and I play Jinteki. I've been pretty choosy about my data packs, mostly to get stuff like Ronin and Caprice and Jackson, but getting Sundew, Pups and House of Knives would be really nice!

rqv6.png
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Order and Chaos looks pretty cool.
    Neat stuff:
    The constellation ice just seems good and great for BwBi
    The Board and all of weylands x/1 agenda seems interesting in any of the new IDs
    Amazing stuff for an event centric Anarch build

Things I'm disappointed to see:
    That the already known Protesters and Investigative Journalism are the only bad pub related cards in there (was hoping for at least another runner card and more corp cards that use it)
    The lack of a recurring transaction to give a point to BaBW in this blue sun era ;)

• Options
    Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I have been hoping and praying for something like Salvager. Now decks that run Wyldside don't have to dump 6 inf on asops! Hell, they don't even need to run Salvager with Amped Up and Stim Dealer available. I was kinda hoping for something that made Hard at Work decent to play, though. Oh well. Hard at work will eventually cycle out eventually and we can all pretend it was never printed. We'll have salvager forever.
    xiears wrote: »
    I
    IDs will eventually rotate out too, yeah? Everything but the core set given enough time?

Core set and deluxe boxes remain in the game forever, it's just the data packs that fall out eventually.

Kind of funny to think that one day Andy will be gone but Iain Sterling is eternal.

And nothing of value will be lost. Crims are good enough without her, frankly.

Edit: Actually, I think they'll keep her around. She's on so much card art these days that I figure she'll get a reprint with a less obnoxious ability.

Edit again: Forgot spoilers. Bah!

Stranger Danger on
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Given that I'll be refraining from reading the O&C spoilers, I suspect the thread is going to be pretty boring for me to glaze over for a little while, huh? :P

• Options
    Currents seem...interesting.
    I guess we will have to see as more come out. Right now it looks like corps will want the one that is out, while runners will want theirs just to counter the corp? Though I may be underestimating the runner card. I guess it might only be in W decks for now, though that consistent tax on the runner seems pretty darn good.

• Options
    Have a horrible/wonderful idea for Quetzal + E3 Feedback + Paintbrush + Knifed. Oh, you rezzed an ice? Ok, it's gone now. Parasite/Datasucker could be a fall-back.

Stick in PPVP and some econ cards, Cuj0 to avoid surprise destroyers, Deja Vu and SOT for Knifed recursion, some sort of draw, and it could be a decent deck. Or at least fun jank.

Eater is surprisingly potent when you realize how many cards there are out there that let you do something instead of accessing cards. Even makes Singularity practically playable - perhaps necessary.

• Options
    I might suggest rocking a D4v1d or two as well, I really do like that card in Quetzal or with E3 (or both!)

• Options
    Lastly, I have to admit I am disappointed not to see "I Got A Rock" in this expansion. It was even the perfect theme for Weyland, outer space!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Lastly, I have to admit I am disappointed not to see "I Got A Rock" in this expansion. It was even the perfect theme for Weyland, outer space!

Would be nice, yes, but I Got A Rock was mostly around in ye olden times because you could actually get enough reusable meat damage prevention to be invulnerable to most smaller meat sources.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    because there were no card limits in OGNR

• Options
    surprise of surprises, fast advance dominated that game because you could just play a deck with fifteen hedge funds, ten astroscripts, fifteen ETR ice and a bunch of biotic labors

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    For those that care, I did a (long) write up of my experience of Worlds.
    http://netrunners.co.uk/articles/The Tournament Journey Part 6.html

Let me know what you think. :)

• Options
    grungeboxgrungebox Registered User regular
    I read it when I saw the link on maybe the FB group? Very good read. Also, I do like the NEH commentary, since I think people are under the mistaken impression that NEH is overhyped given the top-3 weren't NEH....

Quail is just hipster chicken
  • Options
    Turns out you can use Self-Destruct to keep the runner from accessing The Board, which is hilarious in a thematic sense.

A young, black haired man, wearing a stylish suit and power tie, knocks lightly on the door to the board room. "Sir, the hacker is about gain access to your browsing history. Shall I call Miss Mills for you?"

An old man at the end of the table looks up from his papers, a weary smile on his face. "Unfortunately, our contacts at SEA Source are unable to track down a man on a motorcycle; not even Mills can save us now. No, I'm going to need the The Briefcase."

"Are you sure, sir?" says the young man, remembering his training in its use. The other board members at the table look at each other and nod solemnly.

With a heavy heart, the intern fetches the chromatic case and places it at the old man's side. "It was a pleasure working for you, sir" he says, as he dons his parachute and jumps out the window.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So, a newbie question. What happens when the corp renounces a plan to pay for some cost (say, rezzing Archer)? Does it go to the Archives, get removed from play, or what?

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    My Chaos Theory/Oracle May (no Magnum Opus, no Plascrete) deck managed to out-money Blue Sun Oversight AI shenanigans tonight :D

It was glorious. As was the triple Punitive win in the other match (well, technically he was dead after the first two). Was sweating with him on six points though, but two Vitruvius tokens and having seen all three Punitives early felt a bit like cheating.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    So, a newbie question. What happens when the corp renounces a plan to pay for some cost (say, rezzing Archer)? Does it go to the Archives, get removed from play, or what?

What does "renounces a plan" mean? :)

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Played Blue Sun for the first time, and know the indescribable joy of Curtain Wall and oversight AI, and the ineffable sadness of the same thing against Quetzal and E3 Feedback Implants and an account siphon in turn one.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

Assuming "refuses to pay"? If the Corp declines to pay the additional cost on Archer, it doesn't get rezzed. That means if someone uses Forged Activation Orders on Archer the Corp can choose to rez it and sacrifice and agenda, or decline to pay the additional cost and not rez it, even if able to do so. It's a weird one.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

You know, when you have a plan scored but you give it up to pay for the cost to rez Archer. Oh, I think the word used in the English cards is "forfeit"? It's a problem with playing with translated cards. I mostly just want to know if the forfeited plan goes to the archives for the runner to score with relative ease or if not, what happens to it.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I assume in that instance, either you rez the Archer, which costs an agenda, or you trash Archer.

By plan do you mean Agenda?

Edit eidt: Forfeiting Agendas
    Some card abilities require the Corporation or Runner to forfeit
    an agenda. When a player forfeits an agenda, he selects any
    agenda in his score area and permanently removes it from the
    game (it does not go to Archives or the heap). He no longer
    scores points for the forfeited agenda

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, agenda it is. But the question I mean is what happens to the agenda, not Archer. An agenda in the Archives for the Runner to access seems mightily like nearly-unprotected points, at least in the Core box games me and my newbie friends have been playing, since it usually seems like a bit of a waste to protect the Archives with ice.

EDIT: Ah, there we go. Thanks :). So we played it right intuitively. Good to know.

Drascin on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Brody wrote: »
    I assume in that instance, either you rez the Archer, which costs an agenda, or you trash Archer.

Archer doesn't get trashed by FAO if you decline to pay the additional cost. It just doesn't get rezzed.

Epimer on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I thought FAO was rez or trash?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    I thought FAO was rez or trash?

It is. Archer is a special case, because it has an additional cost to rez (i.e. forfeiting the agenda). It's in the FAQ that a player can choose to decline to pay an additional cost, even if they are able to do so. So if an unrezzed Archer is targeted with FAO, the corp player can choose to not pay the additional cost, in which case Archer does not get rezzed or trashed.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Whoops.

Epimer on