As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Android: Netrunner] Creating and Controlling since 2012

19495969798100»

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Feel like you don't win enough? Add me on Octgn! : QuantumTurk
    I don't even have a non starter deck made yet! Ride THAT to victory.

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Epimer wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    I thought FAO was rez or trash?

It is. Archer is a special case, because it has an additional cost to rez (i.e. forfeiting the agenda). It's in the FAQ that a player can choose to decline to pay an additional cost, even if they are able to do so. So if an unrezzed Archer is targeted with FAO, the corp player can choose to not pay the additional cost, in which case Archer does not get rezzed or trashed.

That's not true at all. The only special case with things like Archer is Blackguard, wherein you can't force a corp to sacrifice an agenda.

Edit: To expand further, it operates just like credits. If the corp has insufficient credits to rez an ICE during FAO, it obviously is trashed. If they do, they either can choose to trash or pay the cost. The same is true whether they do or do not have a scored agenda. If they have one, the can certainly choose not to forfeit it, but that means they must trash it during an FAO. There is no special protection for Archer that makes it immune to a Forged Activation order.

Endaro on
  • Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Endaro wrote: »

It is. Archer is a special case, because it has an additional cost to rez (i.e. forfeiting the agenda). It's in the FAQ that a player can choose to decline to pay an additional cost, even if they are able to do so. So if an unrezzed Archer is targeted with FAO, the corp player can choose to not pay the additional cost, in which case Archer does not get rezzed or trashed.

That's not true at all. The only special case with things like Archer is Blackguard, wherein you can't force a corp to sacrifice an agenda.

Edit: To expand further, it operates just like credits. If the corp has insufficient credits to rez an ICE during FAO, it obviously is trashed. If they do, they either can choose to trash or pay the cost. The same is true whether they do or do not have a scored agenda. If they have one, the can certainly choose not to forfeit it, but that means they must trash it during an FAO. There is no special protection for Archer that makes it immune to a Forged Activation order.

Sorry, you're absolutely correct. It was the Blackguard "exception" I had in mind.

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    Endaro wrote: »

Sorry, you're absolutely correct. It was the Blackguard "exception" I had in mind.

It certainly is a weird one with Blackguard, I remember the BGG forums trying to figure out that one until they finally put something in the FAQ.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    @Farangu I suggest you make a few placeholder posts at the start of the new thread so that you can edit in the decklists and info that @Cerberus is working on.