As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

gobblegobblegobble [Thanksgiving] gobblegobblegobble

• monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Only slightly Thanksgiving-related

One of my best friends absolutely LOVES to play the card game Skip Bo. She plays it every holiday with her family, and almost every time I go to her house, we end up playing. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a copy of Skip Bo on eBay that was from 1967, the first year the game came out, in the original red velvet box back when they were still playing cards, and not the modern skip-bo colors. It was only $30 so I snagged it, and got it in the mail a couple of days ago.

I had been building up the surprise by telling her I already got "her gift" in the mail, and it was the best gift I've ever given and whatnot. She seemed really excited.

And then I go to her house after Thanksgiving for more Thanksgiving, and of course we end up playing Skip Bo. At one point, after I've had a few drinks and feeling pretty drunk, she starts talking about how she saw a 1967 copy of Skip Bo online in the original red velvet box, and she really wanted to buy it. So of course I have to cover.

"I don't know. $30 sounds a little too much for something like that."
    "I never said how much it was."

I managed to play it off by just acting like I was surprised that my guess at the price was correct. But now I know that she's thinking about buying it.

So she ended up giving me a ride home, and I told her that I'm just going to have to give her her gift early, and she'll understand afterwards. Once she opened it, she cracked up, and loved the gift.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My original plan was to sit around eating leftovers and watching the Turkey Day marathon, but some guys I kinda know were like come over!

And I did, with Haechi, and the weather was beautiful, and it was lovely, and we played soccer in the yard with the dog, and ate dinner together.

Group hug motherfuckers.

That's really cruel, you should have used a ball.

• TamTam Registered User regular
    My sister and I made apple pie and it is the greatest apple pie that has ever been made

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    msuitepyon wrote: »
    The one good thing about working today is they fed us. BUT THEY FORGOT THE GODDAMNED GRAVY. RAGEQUIT.

My job is only giving us hams. I mean, it's free so I shouldn't complain but come the fuck on. Ham? On Thanksgiving? Get that shit out of here and bring me some goddamned turkey, you monsters

However, I am getting doubletime and a half so I guess I'll let it slide.

edit: also, we had to bring everything else. They brought us ham only

We got into this on FB a little bit (that was me), but ham is goddamned victory!
    I hate ham.

Go to hell. :p

• Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    Instead of pumpkin I made butternut squash pie this year, it's very very good.

Also, There's a good chance my stomach may burst. I ate so much smoked turkey and so many cottage cheese rolls.

I don't regret it.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Here we go...

10801633_10152958340901095_9201590846232341278_n.jpg?oh=182faea423aabaf6d1b8c1a490558991&oe=54D698E1

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    the cheat wrote: »
    I am bloated as fuck, y'all!

In case you were wondering, I measured my stomach around my belly button earlier this morning, and just now, post eating

+4 inches difference

Dayummmmm KILLED IT

poo
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    My father tried to invite himself to Thanksgiving. People stared at the carving fork, then the knife drawer, then the baseball bat three feet away from him.

It was really nice to learn I'm not the only one.

Edith Upwards on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Turkey is done finally!

9mxlaXE.jpg

• SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Made a killer dinner with dueling turkeys with my dad. Started drifting during football after dinner so I ended up helping the childrens make a blanket fort to hide from my doggie

8EVmPzM.jpg
    4RahHZc.jpg

Nuka got home, saw the beautiful turkey, and started crying.

• nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I WORKED
    I GOT PAID
    I BOUGHT THE TURKEY
    I COME HOME FROM WORKING AT A GROCERY STORE ON THANKSGIVING DAY

IT'S THERE
    IT'S BEAUTIFUL

I HAVE EMOTIONS AND THAT'S OK

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Love Thanksgiving

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I carved the turkey this year! It felt like such a defining moment of adulthood.

• JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    I tried to have seconds.... I can't move now.

steam_sig.png
    That's a clean bird

poo
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Love Thanksgiving

I love you and everyone here

Thanks
    Forums

poo
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    To avoid the stigma of seconds and thirds I just enjoy prolonged ones

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Thirds is why I almost exploded

poo
    edited November 2014
    Oh god so stuffed and there is still pie

Weaver on
    Weaver wrote: »
    Oh god so stuffed and there is still pie

You make room for that pie soldier!

Put ice cream on it and get to work!

Love Thanksgiving

Thanks
    Forums
    <3

omg you guys

so good

can only roll around now

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Love Thanksgiving

Thanks
    Forums

... thorums

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Love Thanksgiving

Thanks
    Forums

... thorums

Thor? Yums.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Weaver just handed me a pumpkin pie slice and told me, "IT'S THANKSGIVING DAMNIT, DO YOUR DUTY!"

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Cross posting my new favorite Thanksgiving anecdote:

Went to a Thanksgiving get together today. I was the only white person there, everyone else was black.

We were playing the game Taboo. It's a guessing game where you have a word and try to get other people to guess it without using that specific word or certain related ones.

The word I got?
    Thug

The woman acting as ref saw it and laughed and laughed.

Quid on
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    My piece of pie is at home getting cold.

My grandpa fell so I had to come help him up and am waiting for him to get outta the bathroom. He's fine.

But that pie though.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    And this years after dinner entrainment was 8 player gang beasts. All my cousins got straight dunked on. Fuck football.

sirtoons.png
    whew, glad he's ok!

Yes and I'm only being inensitive because that would make him proud

sirtoons.png
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    too much food...sleepy...

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    IDEAS Thanksgiving hash is a must for some families. Saute onions, then toss in leftover stuffing/dressing, leftover vegetables and turkey — first chopping it all up into small bits. When you add leftover mashed potatoes, the hash takes on a knish/thick-pancake quality. It’s all good.

Layer leftovers, terrine-style, in a loaf pan greased with cooking oil spray. Top with a layer of mashed sweet potatoes. Bake in a 350-degree oven until the proper temperature is reached (see above).

Crush together leftover pumpkin/sweet potato and pecan pies; get a good ratio of moist filling to crust. Press into ramekins. Wrap and freeze for future use, or drizzle each one lightly with cream or half-and-half; bake in a 350-degree oven until heated through. Serve with a dollop of yogurt.

hmmmm

poo
  • CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    Most people in my family don't like turkey, so we had duck and venison instead. Plus green beans, white rice, wild rice, cabbage, mashed potatoes, orange sauce for the duck, and a red wine/sour cream thing for the venison.

Then we decorated gingerbread houses and did the Christmas Card picture. The photo was actually fun this year- my brother talked my mom into setting up a recreation of an old Christmas card, where my brother, sister and I were trying to string popcorn garlands and our youngest sister had half the garland in her mouth.

It would have been a perfect evening, if during the ginger-bread house decorating my brother hadn't decided to go for shock value.

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Maybe I'll still make a meal when I can, but I dunno. Seems kind of meaningless to do it on just any old day.

Maybe I'll still make a meal when I can, but I dunno. Seems kind of meaningless to do it on just any old day.

do it!

I don't have my kids this year for Christmas, but the day I get them back, I'm making a roast chicken with all the stuff!

Plus, if you do it on any old day, you don't have to be annoyed that the stupid bears couldn't beat the stupid lions!

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I love you guys!

and I'm thankful for these forums. And for @facetious showing me the light and the way into SE.

You are all fantastic and wonderful

( i am so panicking over this weekend. oh my god. Sunday is going to be the hardest/worst day ever)