As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to use Fn keys without pressing Fn

PhoBaoBoaPhoBaoBoa SquishyNYCRegistered User regular
I know I've done this before and can't remember how. I just purchased an Asus MH71 4710HQ with Windows 8.1 and as of yet have not figured out how to switch the function to always active. I've downloaded intellitype to no avail, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

pPEuM8J.png

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Usually it's a setting in the BIOS. So you'd hit F2 or Del or F10 or whatever the laptop is set to use.

Then there's usually a setting buried to have the F-keys act like F-keys.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PhoBaoBoaPhoBaoBoa Squishy NYCRegistered User regular
    Hrm.. It has a very basic BIOS that I've meticulously scoured with no option for function or action keys. I'm not sure if you know, @bowen‌, if it's a BIOS update I'm missing or just Asus lacking that option?

pPEuM8J.png
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Try turning numlock on. There may also be a button that says FN Lock.

Bendery It Like Beckham on