As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NOBODY EXPECTS THE FERELDEN [INQUSITION] especially if you never leave the Hinterlands

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    As far as things go, that line didn't need to be included to cement her as a terrible person. It's actually more trouble than it may have seemed to be worth, to her writer.

It almost certainly was not included to paint sera in a negative light

Yeah unfortunate after youtubing this. My only thought is the writer either thought it was funny or was part of seras "sees through lies/bullshit"persona

Not only is that extremely misguided thinking (its not funny and your sexual identity is not a lie/bullshit)

But No character beat is worth that line and it should have been shot down immediately

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • number13number13 Registered User regular
    Does anybody know how to repair that bridge in Emprise du Lion? I've been all over the map (as far as I think I can be), and I know it's a mission on the war table, but you have to activate it at some point on the Emprise map, and I cannot for the life of me find where to do that.

2w3e5cp.jpg
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    number13 wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to repair that bridge in Emprise du Lion? I've been all over the map (as far as I think I can be), and I know it's a mission on the war table, but you have to activate it at some point on the Emprise map, and I cannot for the life of me find where to do that.

Make sure you go to the right bridge, there's two of them there. At the broken end of it you can reach there's a claim flag looking thing.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    As far as things go, that line didn't need to be included to cement her as a terrible person. It's actually more trouble than it may have seemed to be worth, to her writer.

Yeah unfortunate after youtubing this. My only thought is the writer either thought it was funny or was part of seras "sees through lies/bullshit"persona

Not only is that extremely misguided thinking (its not funny and your sexual identity is not a lie/bullshit)

But No character beat is worth that line and it should have been shot down immediately

Oh

That's unfortunate.

I initially assumed it was a Dreamfall: Chapters-esque moment where a character says something bad because there are aspects of their personality that are not very nice.

Though even if it was meant to do that, transphobic humor is still too common and accepted among the general populace to use it to show that a character has serious flaws.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited November 2014
    Stilts wrote: »

Oh

That's unfortunate.

I initially assumed it was a Dreamfall: Chapters-esque moment where a character says something bad because there are aspects of their personality that are not very nice.

Though even if it was meant to do that, transphobic humor is still too common and accepted among the general populace to use it to show that a character has serious flaws.

The scene in question shows sera in a world of fake politeness and political posturing

It is meant to show that sera doesn't give a shit about faking being polite or ignoring obvious lies she is told for the sake of appearances.

I assume the line is meant to be part of that character building.

It was, at the very least, a very misguided attempt to build character, and at the worst a super offensive joke

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • BubbyBubby Registered User regular

Oh

That's unfortunate.

The scene in question shows sera in a world of fake politeness and political posturing

It is meant to show that sera doesn't give a shit about faking being polite or ignoring obvious lies she is told for the sake of appearances.

It was, at the very least, a very misguided attempt to build character, and at the worst a super offensive joke

If that's the context I actually think it works really well for that type of character. To each his own, though.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Bubby wrote: »

Oh

That's unfortunate.

If that's the context I actually think it works really well for that type of character. To each his own, though.

No

This isn't a bygones be bygones thing

It actively hurts people

It doesn't matter even if it did work

Its actively damaging and should not have been included

Also it fails at its two goals

Its not funny

And it doesn't show that sera "sees through lies" because your gender identity is not a lie

So, with respect, you are wrong.

Make sure you go to the right bridge, there's two of them there. At the broken end of it you can reach there's a claim flag looking thing.

Ah! Wrong bridge. That'll do it...

2w3e5cp.jpg
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Boy, that decision in Here Lies the Abyss was pretty easy.
    "The best protagonist Bioware has ever made" or "Some guy who, I dunno I guess he helped you once or twice?"

I read some spoilers after and I guess people other than Stroud are able to show up, and that might make it a harder choice but with him? Nah.

He's not the last surviving Grey Warden officer. Weisshaupt is still there, and there are plenty of Grey Wardens left in Orlais even who can rise from the ranks to lead. Not that i'm giving them a choice, because the numbskulls will just throw themselves at Corypheus again or die needlessly in the Deep Roads. Better they serve under the Inquisition where we can keep an eye on them.

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    I told Sera to go away after she drew a butt on Inquisition paperwork

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Ser Cullen Stanton Rutherford of Honleath might be the whitest name I've ever heard

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Dragons are so much easier once you outlevel them by five levels.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Ser Cullen Stanton Rutherford of Honleath might be the whitest name I've ever heard

Rutty

Mad Rutty

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    I wish I had brought Cassandra with me instead of Blackwall, to Adamant. I thought he would have some interesting things to say or additional scenes with the Grey Wardens but nope. I'm quickly finding that Blackwall never has anything interesting happen at all anywhere.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Goatmon wrote: »

both solas and the iron bull are written by penny arcade forums alumni patrick weekes but I think the only way this could be better is if it were actually two different writers playing a real match through their characters

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    @Blankzilla‌

Adamant
    Look at it this way

Do you really want Hawke, the genocidal, manic blood mage, one-woman army running loose in the physical Fade, within striking distance of the Black City?

Cause there's no way that fleshy demon thing could take her down

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I wish I had brought Cassandra with me instead of Blackwall, to Adamant. I thought he would have some interesting things to say or additional scenes with the Grey Wardens but nope. I'm quickly finding that Blackwall never has anything interesting happen at all anywhere.

I brought him along for the first few "Find Gray Warden relics" missions, thinking that he'd have something to say about them.
    Nope! Stone cold quiet the entire time. So I left him at base and happened to pick a few up later, and my Inquisitor mentions that he thinks Blackwall would've liked to have been present. Sorry pal, but if you want to come along you have to tell me.

DrDinosaur wrote: »

I brought him along for the first few "Find Gray Warden relics" missions, thinking that he'd have something to say about them.
    Nope! Stone cold quiet the entire time. So I left him at base and happened to pick a few up later, and my Inquisitor mentions that he thinks Blackwall would've liked to have been present. Sorry pal, but if you want to come along you have to tell me.

He say things when I pick them up, and what he says changes between before and after his personal quest.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Blackwall and Solas still have not given me their personal quests, Solas hasnt even given me a collection quest.

I wonder if they are bugged for me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

This is really cool, still, it would be much stronger without Bull commenting on the pawn move. Even a complete amateur would suspect something at that juncture, let alone someone skilled enough to play in their head.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »

He say things when I pick them up, and what he says changes between before and after his personal quest.

Maybe it's the conversation bug then. That's a bummer.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten Solas' personal quest, unless that cave thing in the Hinterlands is it.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    You should always take Cassandra with you anyway

because she is the coolest

her and Dorian have some excellent banter by the way

as two passionate, intelligent and well intentioned people from either side of a cultural divide, they have a little conflict but there's understanding there too
    Cassandra defends the Seekers as unable to stop the Mage/Templar war due to it's scale in one convo

then later Dorian challenges her, saying that evidence has come to light that the Seekers could have stopped the conflict

Cassandra sadly admits (like an actual proper grown up person!) that the order failed and it's part of why she left

Dorian recognises her previous statements as a kneejerk defence of former comrades, and says he understands and sympathises that position

really really cool to see these characters so fleshed out, man

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »

He also gains approval when you pick up each relic if he's in the party (in addition to the approval you get when turning in the relics)

Shen wrote: »

This is really cool, still, it would be much stronger without Bull commenting on the pawn move. Even a complete amateur would suspect something at that juncture, let alone someone skilled enough to play in their head.

keep in mind people hearing this in-game aren't going to have a board to look at and most people probably can't mentally keep track of the pieces, the commentary is necessary for the dramatic flow of the game

PNk1Ml4.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Ok I've officially decided to romance Solas on my second run. Fierce elf run upcoming, watch out shemlen.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

keep in mind people hearing this in-game aren't going to have a board to look at and most people probably can't mentally keep track of the pieces, the commentary is necessary for the dramatic flow of the game

also bull's ability to master the game is clouded by the qun's shallow disregard for pawns

liEt3nH.png
  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Are companions' current approve/disapprove levels visible anywhere in game

Are companions' current approve/disapprove levels visible anywhere in game

no

PNk1Ml4.png
    Geth doesn't give a shit whether you approve or disapprove. Geth just wants you to obey.

2w3e5cp.jpg
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Maaaaaaan I still want to work for BioWare

THat's my not-so-secret dream

Would I move to another part of the country for the opportunity? The answer is yes.

Seeing people react to things in this game makes me hungry. I want to touch people that way. I want to be able to strike chords' in minds.

This is a powerful game. It makes me dream.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    Alright, I give up. 36 hours of play and i've finished Adamant and I have no idea where to find Rashvine for the Reaver spec. I could do Templar if I wanted, that was easy and I got all the materials hours ago, but I don't want to betray Cullen like that.

Time to look it up online.

Wyborn wrote: »
    Maaaaaaan I still want to work for BioWare

THat's my not-so-secret dream

Would I move to another part of the country for the opportunity? The answer is yes.

Seeing people react to things in this game makes me hungry. I want to touch people that way. I want to be able to strike chords' in minds.

This is a powerful game. It makes me dream.

No touching the customers

• ShenShen Registered User regular

also bull's ability to master the game is clouded by the qun's shallow disregard for pawns

Both fair points!

Just did What Pride Had Wrought
    I kind of get the feeling that Bioware are playing me here. By making Morrigan present they basically force my hand into taking the power of the well, because she is the least trustworthy person ever. I mean I was going to anyway because I'm an elf and I'll be fucked if some Shem gets it over the people, but I feel like I might have at least hesitated a little had it been someone more reasonable.

Also fuck but I need to stop not bringing Solas. I kind of want to go all-mage party next time, it feels like they always have the most to say.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Alright, I give up. 36 hours of play and i've finished Adamant and I have no idea where to find Rashvine for the Reaver spec. I could do Templar if I wanted, that was easy and I got all the materials hours ago, but I don't want to betray Cullen like that.

Wait, wait

Just go to the Emerald Graves

dN0T6ur.png
    it is also sold in crestwood village

PNk1Ml4.png

Rashvine is everywhere in...Emerald Graves, I think.

This discussion has been closed.