As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[HALO] is dead.

19495969798100»

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I got a game, but it took a while, and I keep having trouble getting into the lobby after it says I have found players.

I've played one game and it was 3v3 on Lockdown against a full team, I assume since they all had the same emblem, and they took a quick fast lead, and then both of my teammates left me and I died a bunch more before giving up. But I did get the Bite the Hand that Feeds achievement so it was good for something.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    http://youtu.be/lERE1bOgpwE
    Two people quit on us, but it turned to my advantage
    you're uh.. a lot better at Halo then me

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive will be free to download and play for all Xbox Live Gold subscribers tomorrow.

The offer lasts 24 hours and is part of Microsoft's celebrations for the Xbox One's first anniversary, company mouthpiece Major Nelson has announced.

Gold members can first download their free copy starting from 5.01am UK time tomorrow, Saturday 22nd November, and continue playing until the same time on Sunday.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Huh. So free to play for 1 day?

Think I'll just wait and buy the game.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I bought it and have enjoyed it so far -- I'd love to see a quirky game like that succeed with some extra exposure.

And it's not like people will be too busy with Halo multi to try it out

Wakka wakka

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Yeah, I like Sunset Overdrive a lot.

Shoehorned reference to Halo in my last sentence.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I got into some games today since the newest MP data I downloaded seems to have fixed my problem finding games. Now I am stuck with the knowledge that I'm not that good at Halo. Just got to get used to how slow I move, remembering that there is no sprint, and the grenade throw range which seems super short to me. I also need to learn the power weapon spawns. I hate getting sniped from across the map.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Matchmaking is still broken for me.

I would've paid $60 just for the campaigns so I'm not anxious for a refund or anything, but this is ridiculous.

• Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    huh. is this patch server side or something? Fired up MCC and I was expecting to download the update, but the game just started right up with no download. Shortly afterward an in-game notice did pop up about the update, but never saw anything download.

• Options
    VoodooV wrote: »
    huh. is this patch server side or something? Fired up MCC and I was expecting to download the update, but the game just started right up with no download. Shortly afterward an in-game notice did pop up about the update, but never saw anything download.

Xbox one downloads patches automatically, welcome to the future.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    edited November 2014

even when off?

EDIT: Ahh I do appear to be in Instant On mode which looks like is how I got the update. Don't really need it so switching to energy saving mode.

VoodooV on
  • Options

even when off?

EDIT: Ahh I do appear to be in Instant On mode which looks like is how I got the update. Don't really need it so switching to energy saving mode.

But now you dint get to say 'xbox on!'

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-25-halo-master-chief-collection-dev-issues-heartfelt-apologies-as-matchmaking-issues-continue-into-third-week

At this point its looking like it will be weeks. Guess this thing is going on the shelf. Rather wishing I hadn't spent money on it.

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-25-halo-master-chief-collection-dev-issues-heartfelt-apologies-as-matchmaking-issues-continue-into-third-week

At this point its looking like it will be weeks. Guess this thing is going on the shelf. Rather wishing I hadn't spent money on it.

This is really making me want to hold off on asking for an XB1 for Christmas. I think I might actually prefer a new video card, now.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The sad thing is me and my friend really enjoy H2A when it works. We can usually find 2-3 games before suddenly it becomes impossible to find one. You end up sitting in the menu a whole lot, feeling burned. Usually I end up playing Destiny instead.

• Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    Aside from the multiplayer, the co-op seems to be a huge pain to get started as well. Plus there doesn't seem to be an option for searching for random co-op people.

I'm pretty sure the way to get the lobby working the campaigns is to do some sort of rain dance. Joining through the awkward party system doesn't work, joining through the notificiations on the 'desktop' doesn't work, invites don't get sent, invites fail to connect, the in-game lobby shatters apart at the slightest provocation. And, once the planets and stars and moons and halo rings align and we start a co-op mission, the game disconnects at random, even though I'm still talking to my friends in the xbone party chat. Real smooth operation.

• Options
    I hope somewhere in 343i's big pile of "content updates" is removing the restart on player death in Halo 2 legendary co-op. That was lame then and it's lame now and I'm glad it was quickly excised from every other Halo game. Besides, isn't that what the iron skull is for?

• Options
    matchmaking appears to be working?

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    New patch! I was able to get into a (lopsided) match in "only" a few minutes. Then I spent 11 minutes unsuccessfully waiting for the next match. Then three more minutes to get into another (balanced but underpopulated EDIT: and laggy) match.

So I guess it sometimes mostly works?

EDIT: Friend A sent a party invite to me and Friend B. Friend B and I got into the party but Friend A did not. Brilliant.

EDIT2: Got into a full match, then crashed. Got back to the lobby, and all ten players from the match are in my party with me as the leader. I try to go back to the H2A playlist, but our party is too large for it. I switch to Big Team Battle instead. It puts us in Pillar of Autumn.

EDIT3: Matchmaking times seem to be improved, but now we've crashed loading the map multiple times in a row.

EDIT4: Dragged a matchmaking group into a custom game, haha. At least we got a game working. What a buggy mess.

Arteen on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    My only slim consolation is the fact that this is such a colossal fuck up hopefully the same won't happen with halo 5 at launch. But who knows.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    After Halo 4 and now this fuck, I am pretty much done with Halo. I will check out the Halo 5 beta, but I doubt I will be buying anymore games handled by 343.

• Options
    OK so now these bugs are starting to piss me off and I'm single player only. I got the bandana skull in Halo: CE (god I hate grenade jumping)....but it's not an option to be selected like the other skulls i've collected so far. Others seem to have this problem along with the Boom skull. seems to be related to the pre-order bonus. I apparently won't unlock unless you have the pre-order code, even if you find the skull the old fashioned way

Also, the game doesn't appear to be saving single player progress if you quit the game. Really don't like having to start the whole level over.

Now it's personal 343!

• Options
    Just like everything else in the game, "Save and Quit" only half works.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Multiplayer stuff I can understand, it's unnaceptable but I understand when that goes wrong. Single player tho, fuck right off. When you remaster a single player game it shouldn't have more bugs than the original

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Arteen wrote: »
    Just like everything else in the game, "Save and Quit" only half works.

Wow. That has to be some sort of accomplishment, or would that be an achievement?

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    matchmaking appears to be working?

I seem to be one of the lucky ones--I played a couple games earlier today (2 anniversary version and 4). I was dropped from a lobby between the two after the game, but given that happens occasionally in Halo 4 on the Xbox 360, I'm not terribly surprised.

Did run into the "level progress removed" glitch once, towards the beginning of Truth and Reconciliation. I haven't encountered it again yet, which is something of a surprise, as my singleplayer experience so far has mostly survived of how that first game on heroic is insanely frustrating and frequently non-fun on any levels aside from The Silent Cartographer and I frequently end up rage quiting and trying again later. I really don't recall having had this much trouble with Halo 1 was remade on Xbox 360. I guess it's time to start yelling at kids to get off my yard.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Halo is dead.

Long live Halo.

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.