As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NOBODY EXPECTS THE FERELDEN [INQUSITION] especially if you never leave the Hinterlands

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Okay haha how was that even a choice

you might be -tal

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    vashoth

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh my god Cassandra
    Pretend you don't know this about me

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Hey why am I getting quest markers for the tavern bard but I can't seem to interact with anything relevant

Edit: oh never mind you have to actually wait for her to stop singing

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hmm I'm not sure if I'm feeling sword warrior very much, I can respec to 2-handed right?

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Hey why am I getting quest markers for the tavern bard but I can't seem to interact with anything relevant

Edit: oh never mind you have to actually wait for her to stop singing

Oh is THAT how you talk to her?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    This game is utterly fantastic

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I generally agree, that the game has a really compelling narrative, and is fun to play, but it could have used another few weeks in QA.

There are very serious bugs in Combat Mechanics

Most of the accessory rings that do +Damage or Duration rings for individual skills are incredibly buggy, they will often times cease to work in between loading screens, and if you stack rings for one ability, and this bug hits you, you will lose duration/damage over standard.

And some key mage skills out-right do not function like the Lightning Passive that reduces cool-down on Spells with every attack (no cool down reduction at all, makes the trait pretty much functionless).

Rift Mage's Stonefist will give you 'Shatter' or 'Rupture' Combo text when you use it, but actually, gives you no additional damage (like a combo is supposed to), so really you just cancel that helpful crowd-control by triggering the bugged combo and get nothing extra.

Immolate doesn't function as a detonator like the tool-tip suggests, so is incapable of triggering combos.

Also the primary detonators in the Warrior 2-Hander abilities contribute exactly '1' extra damage from their combos with Sleep and Freeze.

user on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The Dagna miniquest is hilarious, although I don't know what the amulet is for.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    user wrote: »
    I generally agree, that the game has a really compelling narrative, and is fun to play, but it could have used another few weeks in QA.

There are very serious bugs in Combat Mechanics

Most of the accessory rings that do +Damage or Duration rings for individual skills are incredibly buggy, they will often times cease to work in between loading screens, and if you stack rings for one ability, and this bug hits you, you will lose duration/damage over standard.

And some key mage skills out-right do not function like the Lightning Passive that reduces cool-down on Spells with every attack (no cool down reduction at all, makes the trait pretty much functionless).

Rift Mage's Stonefist will give you 'Shatter' or 'Rupture' Combo text when you use it, but actually, gives you no additional damage (like a combo is supposed to), so really you just cancel that helpful crowd-control by triggering the bugged combo and get nothing extra.

Immolate doesn't function as a detonator like the tool-tip suggests, so is incapable of triggering combos.

Also the primary detonators in the Warrior 2-Hander abilities contribute exactly '1' extra damage from their combos with Sleep and Freeze.

To add to this, Walking Bomb's detonation only deals 200% damage instead of 600% and Mind Blast's Fortifying Blast upgrade does nothing

• Options
    Ok I was exploring the Hinterlands and I went itno this cave ruins thing and light some Veilfire, and then it highlighted a rune or something? Does this do anything?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Ok I was exploring the Hinterlands and I went itno this cave ruins thing and light some Veilfire, and then it highlighted a rune or something? Does this do anything?

That's how you get the recipes to craft runes

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    The thing with combat in this game is like, it's fairly fun, but man

It takes foreeeever to unlock new abilities and stuff. And most don't do much. They're just variations on % of weapon damage.

When I started my warrior by like, lvl 2 I did bull rush -> slam combos for huge damage.

15 hours later and... that's still basically my primary thing. Bullrush -> slam. A few more passives, a few other abilities that sometimes work like they sound like they should, and sometimes just don't really do much of anything.

I've got tons of skills but there's not really that many true active skill synergies or variety, so it's just sort of a grind.

Now I can unlock a specialization... Once I go find like 3 different locations in 3 different locations (and the game sure ain't making it easy to find them!), and then find 20 cloth (of which I've currently got zero). And then I need to get 5 more levels and I can do a few more cool things! Maybe! Jesus it just feels like mmo grinding, only way more confusing and with less levels. Getting a specialization should feel exciting, but I'm just going jesus christ, maybe I'll skip specializing, nothing looks that interesting and I don't want to go wandering around lost in every map on the game for it.

Meanwhile all of this open-worldness just feels overwhelming. Like I keep getting these new areas to explore, and then I go there and they're either 5 lvls above me, or huge and overwhelming and I don't even know what I'm doing or why I'm there at all except for finding more collectibles. Almost all the actual plot missions are off in their own areas, these open world areas just feel like big empty places where you have to go grind up power and levels until you can finally get to the cool scenes that all your friends keep talking about.

The main game and the characters I'm really really enjoying, but I feel like I've had 4 fun hours and 9 hours of earning that fun.

Not to mention the bugs.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    I just finished this game.
    I romanced Solas. I don't even know what to fucking say.

signature.png

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Every location has it's own main questline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    JohnHam wrote: »

I just finished, too.
    @Blankzilla‌
    I might need you to explain what the fuck is going on.

'Cuz I THINK I know, but I'm not sure.

Like, Solas is the spirit of the Dread Wolf inside an elven body, just like Flemeth is the spirit of Mythal in a human body. And it seems to be implied that Morrigan's son had a spirit inside him, though whether that was an elven god or one of the old gods (most likely Urthemiel, since she was the god corrupted by the taint that started the fifth blight) is unclear.

Flemeth took the spirit inside Keiran.

Then, since Flemeth claimed that a host must be willing to accept a spirit, Mythal and Keiran's spirit transferred themselves to Solas' body. So Solas now contains three gods.

The question then is: what does that accomplish? The first line Solas says to Flemeth makes it clear that he was trying to open up a portal to the Fade and fucked up by trusting Corypheus to power the device for him. So is whatever the spirits are doing now Plan B? Or just another way of accomplishing Plan A? And what the hell was Plan A to begin with?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

I just finished, too.
    @Blankzilla‌
    I might need you to explain what the fuck is going on.

'Cuz I THINK I know, but I'm not sure.

Like, Solas is the spirit of the Dread Wolf inside an elven body, just like Flemeth is the spirit of Mythal in a human body. And it seems to be implied that Morrigan's son had a spirit inside him, though whether that was an elven god or one of the old gods (most likely Urthemiel, since she was the god corrupted by the taint that started the fifth blight) is unclear.

Flemeth took the spirit inside Keiran.

Then, since Flemeth claimed that a host must be willing to accept a spirit, Mythal and Keiran's spirit transferred themselves to Solas' body. So Solas now contains three gods.

The question then is: what does that accomplish? The first line Solas says to Flemeth makes it clear that he was trying to open up a portal to the Fade and fucked up by trusting Corypheus to power the device for him. So is whatever the spirits are doing now Plan B? Or just another way of accomplishing Plan A? And what the hell was Plan A to begin with?
    Solas was with me when we entered the Fade physically during the course of the game itself. If his aim was that simple, he'd have accomplished it then.

Because my Hero of Ferelden gave his life to end the blight, there was no Keiran in my game. This is literally the first I'm hearing of him.

He - it - is up to something more complicated. I can't tell whether it's a good plan, an evil plan, or neither.

signature.png

• Options

Seriously.
    As a female elf I thought the romance with Solas was really well developed. My Inquisitor identified with him on the basis of their shared culture and his historical insight through the Fade. Like, they got each other. It came through strong for me. It felt like a real connection. It may have been, I guess. I don't know whether I'm furious or sad or what, I'm at an emotional loss, and I definitely have not had this feeling from a game before. It is debasing.

Before the end Solas and I met. He told me that my vallaslin weren't what the Dalish believed - that they were slaver marks - a holdover from Arlathan's dark elf-on-elf slavery period. That they were actually a symbol of the crimes we committed against ourselves. He convinced me to let him remove my vallaslin through magic. Was any of it true? What is Solas? Why is he doing this? I feel violated.

signature.png

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Oh my god Cassandra

i watched my fiancee get to this part tonight and immediately turned around in my seat to watch her and her screen

giant smile on her face, wiggling in her seat in delight

the best

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    I hate you Western Approach but I gotta clear you the fuck out cause I ain't even been to Emerald Graves or Emprise du Lion yet

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Anyone here know if it's possible to fix circular scratches on a 360 disk? I had just picked up Iron Bull and decided to tool around the coast when someone called me and like a jackass, I ended up blundering through the connection between my 360 and my modem, yanking the console right onto the floor and making the disk unreadable past the initial 'Press Start' screen.

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    I appreciate
    Oh my god Cassandra

i watched my fiancee get to this part tonight and immediately turned around in my seat to watch her and her screen

giant smile on her face, wiggling in her seat in delight

the best

I JUST HAD THIS HAPPEN AND I CAN'T STOP SCREAMING

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Hmm I don't think there's a specific quest I can tag this as so, general spoilers for Cassandra and Leliana post Adamant and Wicked Eyes
    it's pretty clear that Leliana is an awful choice for Divine, right?
    Or at least next to Cass she's the clear loser of the two
    Can you imagine the murders

• Options
    Hmm I don't think there's a specific quest I can tag this as so, general spoilers for Cassandra and Leliana post Adamant and Wicked Eyes
    it's pretty clear that Leliana is an awful choice for Divine, right?
    Or at least next to Cass she's the clear loser of the two
    Can you imagine the murders
    That's the direction I went in. Leliana would be a good Divine too, IMO, but Cassandra had ideas about where the Chantry should go that seemed more constructive.

That situation is going to be really interesting on my second playthrough because I will deffo be romancing Cassandra.

signature.png

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Hooray, I've replaced my corrupted rune staff (I also recently learnt that those runes are made of Red Lyrium because of course)...wiiiiiith a staff that has a skull on it.

The Inquisitor may still have some PR problems to iron out.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I rate Bioware romances based on how much I grin and/or giggle like an idiot during the dedicated scenes.

DA: Inquisition Cullen romance gets 5 stars.

• Options
    This has to be a fucking bug. So I'm in the hinterlands headed for the last camp, near the western forterss, and as I go to try to get the last camp set I get attacked by some lyrium smugglers, ok whatever, then 3 Great bears, and 3 small bears and 3 mabari attack me, and no matter how far I run the animals won't stop chasing me. Like all the way to the crossroads. This is annoying as fuck since whenever I go back to try and get that camp all 9 of these animals appear there again.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Breaking aggro in this game is weird

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    He tried to change me

That may be the most affecting line I've heard so far. Spoilers: Dorian's companion quest.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    He tried to change me

That may be the most affecting line I've heard so far. Spoilers: Dorian's companion quest.

I was like

fuck

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    hmm

so i'm playing my inquisitor as a bit of a... like let's just say he likes to get around
    i've fucked dorian (and was super sad to see that he doesn't want to continue if it isn't going to be serious) but stopped because i wanted to ride the bull at some point as well

also while doing josephine's companion quest
    the good inquisitor gave the minister the night of her life in return for reinstating the du paraquettes as nobility

now the thing that's confusing me is
    i still have the option to romance dorian when i speak with him, and he seems open to it, except there seems to be no real way to progress on that?

like, he says "people will talk..." and the inquisitor says "let them!" and then after speaking to him again it's the exact same dialogue choices given including the one labelled "This will start a romance with Dorian."

is this a bug or do i just have to get through another story beat with him or something?

• Options
    Is Carta the only background for a dwarf? I didn't see a way to change it at character creation and it seems to be biting me in the ass a bit.

• Options
    yeah origins are determined by race

you can basically think of them as human noble, carta dwarf, dalish elf, and tal-vashoth qunari

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    when is it too late to ride the bull, have I lost my chance if I'm past his personal quest

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Well, Shit:
    Shit indeed. I feel bad for Varric now that I know as much about Bianca as we're probably ever going to know now. Poor guy.

The cherry on top was afterwards:

FTWurg6.png

This moment was great from start to finish. Cullen ended up in his skivvies, I won the pot and everyone had a good time. Makes me almost wish for a full DLC built around playing cards with your group.

Still getting a lot done, sided with Bull in his mission, did a lot of Skyhold renovating, learned a lot about a lot. Haven't bothered with Wicked Hearts yet; hopefully soon. Adamant Fortress and Abyss was good but I fucking hated that last boss.

488W936.png
  • Options
    what do you mean by "sided with bull"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Well, Shit:
    Shit indeed. I feel bad for Varric now that I know as much about Bianca as we're probably ever going to know now. Poor guy.

The cherry on top was afterwards:

FTWurg6.png

This moment was great from start to finish. Cullen ended up in his skivvies, I won the pot and everyone had a good time. Makes me almost wish for a full DLC built around playing cards with your group.

Still getting a lot done, sided with Bull in his mission, did a lot of Skyhold renovating, learned a lot about a lot. Haven't bothered with Wicked Hearts yet; hopefully soon. Adamant Fortress and Abyss was good but I fucking hated that last boss.

one of my favourite parts about that scene under the spoiler is that
    cole is hanging out with everyone openly

which kind of makes the absence of others kind of amusing

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    -Tal wrote: »

His loyalty mission:
    I took his side in Demands of the Qun. No way was I going to let him throw away his pride and joy merc company for an alliance with the Qunari. Those fascists can keep their dreadnoughts, minus the one I let get blown up.

He obviously didn't want to do what the elf said was needed and looked at me and I told him to pull them back.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options

His loyalty mission:
    I took his side in Demands of the Qun. No way was I going to let him throw away his pride and joy merc company for an alliance with the Qunari. Those fascists can keep their dreadnoughts, minus the one I let get blown up.

He obviously didn't want to do what the elf said was needed and looked at me and I told him to pull them back.
    I think you're misreading that situation

bull doesn't have a side, he looks at you because he does not know what to do

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

His loyalty mission:

I think you're misreading that situation

bull doesn't have a side, he looks at you because he does not know what to do

with that said though
    fuck the qun, there's no way the chargers are getting left behind

This discussion has been closed.