As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] A Classy Christmas II; Day Seventeen Total: $7,197.90

StericaSterica YesRegistered User, Moderator mod
edited December 2014 in Games and Technology
CH74Z.png
GJD7lwb.jpg

80SkdjU.png
ALL DONATIONS ARE DUE BY DECEMBER 21st @ 11:59pm EST

User-Generated Incentives!
Click the links for more info!

YL9WnCY.png
Sterica on

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I know we can break $12,000 this year.

YL9WnCY.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Woo-hoo Classy Christmas rides again!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Every time we do one of these I can never think of an incentive for the charity drive.

Wanna see me play some games, I guess?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Thank fucking god. After getting back from vacation last night I was too intimidated to read the 1.2K poasts I'd missed in the old SteamThread. Now I don't have to worry about it. Hooray! So, did someone say gifting and charity fundraising?

camo_sig2.png
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Trying to figure out if there's a Steam Battle related incentive I could leverage. Although I don't actually have all the rules specific nailed down, there are likely 5-6 leadership positions of sorts.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Squareenix's online store is having a huge sale until tomorrow. games are getting huge discounts.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Anyone want to compile a list of the the delivered incentives from last year? I feel like I may have missed a few.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    I have received an anonymous donation of $100.

YL9WnCY.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    @LostNinja and whoever else is curious, the Telltale Game of Thrones game is based off of the HBO series, not the Song of Ice and Fire books. If that makes any sense. Like HBO and George worked on it with Telltale, but it will be more based in the show world, rather than the book world.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Anyone want to compile a list of the the delivered incentives from last year? I feel like I may have missed a few.

Theres a lot of incentives that werent delivered, or were fucked over, like getting banned again and unable to make threads, etc.

If you want to send me what you have, Ill check over it and see if theres any I know you missed.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

Theres a lot of incentives that werent delivered, or were fucked over, like getting banned again and unable to make threads, etc.

If you want to send me what you have, Ill check over it and see if theres any I know you missed.

Not if it's too much of a hassle, but if some one already had a master list, I'd check it out.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Hurray for Classy Christmas! These drives are so great.

Thanks to everyone who's suffering as rewards.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    (One of) my incentive(s) from last year is still a work-in-progress. A preview of the Excel spreadsheet containing some of my plans...

pRzLU8a.png

Mostly though I'm trying to figure out a way to record long stretches of video without the audio going out of sync.

• JeixJeix Registered User regular
    I can kind of read it if I squint, lots of things talking about Bioshock Infinite.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Whoops, looks like I didn't give everyone I needed to the heads up before this started (it's why I've been asking when the current sale ends, etc :P)

Anyway, let's kick this sucker off.

bUXUS5u.png

Additionally, like the summer drive, I will be matching donations for the first week of the drive. All prizes go to the people who prompt the donation in the first place (read: your donation will be treated as double for the bean counters). I meant that to be first week, bar none, so that first anonymous donation will count, too.

I will put no ceiling, but reserve the right to institute one in case someone comes in and drops a couple grand and my finances can't reasonably keep up.

Make it hurt, folks :)

e: Whoops, forgot the note. Wonder if this creates a notification when edited in. @Bobkins Flymo

Jragghen on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    My incentive from summer sale is still in progress, which was to get every single solo achievement in Saints Row 4's main game.

I have received another anonymous donation, this time for $50

YL9WnCY.png
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    @DiannaoChong‌ is a tricksy one.
    I suggested there might be plotting afoot in the Adventure Team chat and BAM! Banished is dropped on me before I could even get my sleuthing hat on.

Many thanks, its been a crappy week for me and this really cheered me up.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    qX0MMuV.png

Let's get this rolling! ($58.51)

@Bobkins Flymo

steam_sig.png
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    @Antoshka‌ decided he didn't like my system, and went with his instead.
    qkfisrxs5pp3.jpg
    I shall command dragons in the name of Antoshka! :heartbeat:

Also, we don't wonder if you're insane.
    We know. But we love it. :wink:

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • PoseidonPoseidon Registered User regular
    BIT.TRIP RUNNER is hard, it's zone 1 and I'm in trouble already.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Classiness out the Classhole

One day I hope to be as classy as you are.

Edit: This was popped by Geth, but now it's Robot Santa...

It has begun

Veevee on
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Poseidon wrote: »
    BIT.TRIP RUNNER is hard, it's zone 1 and I'm in trouble already.

You ain't kidding. I literally wore out one of my old gamepads playing that, and finished using a kludged together OldBox controller into an off market USB adapter.

• OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Steam games on Slickdeals:

SEGA 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack for $4.99 @ Amazon
    Sega Sporty Pack for $4.89 (SEGA Bass Fishing, Jet Set Radio, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Virtua Tennis 4) @ Amazon
    Borderlands 2 for $3 @ Gamestop

EDIT: US billing address needed for all of these

Orogogus on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Best time of the year for Steam thread! Here's the first shovel onto the pile

1jy7Qs8.png

steam_sig.png
  • FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    So due to Circumstances, I can't contribute as much this year as I'd like to. But maybe I can offer something else.

If y'all can raise $9000, I will do an LP of X-Com: UFO Defense on superhuman difficulty, with personnel names drawn from the list of donors. And because X-Com is incredibly easy and not nearly brutal enough, I'll be restricted to starting technology and council funding only.

aeHdRtn.png

Everyone who donates will be added to the pool from which soldier names are drawn. Also, I thought it might be fun to have XCOM 2012-style randomized operation names. Everyone who donates can give me an adjective and a noun to add to the database (I've put in a few already to start us off). If we get a decent selection, I'll generate a random name for each mission.

n799Pdn.png

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE

Depending on how much you're willing to donate, you can select additional perks to enhance your LP experience!

kTeON0I.png

More Random Op Names: For $5 you can contribute three additional adjectives and nouns to the database.

Expression of Regret: For $10, I will apologize if I get you killed.

Enhanced Regret: For $12, I will apologize sincerely if I get you killed. Guaranteed to come from a place of genuine feeling.

155CQxw.png

Custom Op Name: For $15 you can submit an operation name of your choosing. It doesn't have to conform to the adjective & noun formula.

Choose Your Appearance: For $25, you can choose your soldier's ethnicity, sex, or both, according to the chart below.

Vt6dZiW.png

The Denial of Death: For $35, after your first death, your name will go back into the pool, and you'll be eligible for another kick at the can.

Reassignment: Don't fancy life in the infantry? For $40, you can request an alternative assignment such as tank or Interceptor pilot. Available positions are limited.

GkNYvxM.png

Perks can be combined however you like. For example, if you donate $40, you could have a custom operation name and choose your soldier's appearance ($15 + $25), or add some random operation names and enjoy the denial of death ($5 + $35).

Be sure to PM me or @ me with your choices when you post your proof.

What say you, Steam thread? Are you classy enough dudes to save the planet?

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    $15,000: Open The Crate

JGFc4iz.jpg

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Sounds like this thread needs the help of the team leader of the Slytherin Death Eaters! The best fucking wizards ever at raising money for Child's Play!

ALAKAZAM ALAKA @Bobkins Flymo !
    ZNf01vx.jpg

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Sounds like this thread needs the help of the team leader of the Slytherin Death Eaters! The best fucking wizards ever at raising money for Child's Play!

ALAKAZAM ALAKA @Bobkins Flymo !
    ZNf01vx.jpg

Wait, did they just steal $100?

• The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Well, let's start as we mean to carry on. @Bobkins Flymo

0mf1wyqbt3fm.png

Also, also, here's an incentive for ya.

I'm gonna be so creative that I'm going to do EXACTLY THE SAME THING AS LAST TIME!

YEEEEEAAAAH!!!

smm7uvfpassj.jpg

Yeah, you all know what I'm talking about.

The What: Sonic & All-Stars Racing transformed Grand Prix, which I will arbitrarily come up with on the night. Probably 8 or so races, maybe. The course pattern may or may not make sense, idk.

The Who: Anyone who has submitted evidence of a donation during this charity drive. @ me in your donation post (or PM me if you learn of this afterwards) so I can get your name down.

The Why: The winner will pick a game of their choice from Steam as a reward, at full retail price. There may also be other rewards for podium finishes, depending on funds. If I come first, I get to smack talk all you lame nubz for all eternity.

The Brayster on
    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Last call on this!

signature.png

Ends tonight!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    That new thread smell!

Hooray for all the donators!

steam_sig.png
  • subisubi Registered User regular
    Now taskbar frozen in win8 ..Only hard restart helps.

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Holy motherfucking shit, Enslaved: Odyssey to the west. How in the goddamn motherfucking hell did this shit get past initial testing? Much less get fucking released???

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    XHxZO1v.jpg

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Holy motherfucking shit, Enslaved: Odyssey to the west. How in the goddamn motherfucking hell did this shit get past initial testing? Much less get fucking released???

Is the pc version bad?
    The 360 version is in my top ten games of all time!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Technically speaking, isn't this the 3rd Classy Christmas? It was more of a grass roots, unofficial thing in 2012 but I believe we raised something ridiculous in terms of funds.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Also you guys do a charity drive TOO? Where have you been all my life? Angels upon Earth.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    http://cdon.se/spel/downloads/lego-batmant-3-beyond-gotham-30482492

Lego Batman 3 for roughly 9 bucks. Swedish site, so some hoops to jump through (make up a personal ID when asked) and might need to use Paypal over credit cards.

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    Panda4You wrote: »

Is the pc version bad?
    The 360 version is in my top ten games of all time!
    I spent 10 minutes trying to rebind the keys, but after failing that I was too pissed to try playing it...

This discussion has been closed.