As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NOBODY EXPECTS THE FERELDEN [INQUSITION] especially if you never leave the Hinterlands

19495969798100»

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    JohnHam wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »
    what do you mean by "sided with bull"

His loyalty mission:
    I took his side in Demands of the Qun. No way was I going to let him throw away his pride and joy merc company for an alliance with the Qunari. Those fascists can keep their dreadnoughts, minus the one I let get blown up.

He obviously didn't want to do what the elf said was needed and looked at me and I told him to pull them back.
    I think you're misreading that situation

bull doesn't have a side, he looks at you because he does not know what to do

with that said though
    fuck the qun, there's no way the chargers are getting left behind
    How many good lives are on that Dreadnought man? How many people are you sacrificing to save a handful of chargers?
    okay but consider the following: I don't value qunari lives over charger lives
    I mean, on a 1-to-1 basis, I agree, but that is a big ship. How many Qunari lives is a single charger's life worth?

The Qun and the Inquisition are both, on some level, about the giving over of oneself to a bigger whole. Saving the chargers preserves something personal, and important, and valuable, but at a gigantic cost to something way, way more important for EVERYONE. Bull is intimately familiar with the idea of self-sacrifice for a greater perceived good.

I had the impression from him during the game that he really, truly believes in the Qun, and during that scene that he needed me to make that hard choice for him. As important as the chargers were to him, the Qun is fundamental to his identity. I honestly think if we made the other call and Bull became Tal-Vashoth, or if the choice hurt the Inquisition's efforts, the guilt would wrack Bull forever. I guess there's no option that lets him off guilt-free ;_;

I just realized that in that last sentence I referred to myself and a fictional character as "we", without really thinking about it. This might be a good video game.

He's actually totally ok with it

Even if so, it doesn't affect the perceptions I had at the time that led to my choice. I'm comfortable with it. I made the choice that I thought was right for the character I came to know, and the story context that we were in.

To elaborate a little
    He is not happy he is Tal-Vashoth, but specifically says that even though he misses having the Qun to live by, the decision made was the correct one and that he would not change it.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular

His loyalty mission:
    I took his side in Demands of the Qun. No way was I going to let him throw away his pride and joy merc company for an alliance with the Qunari. Those fascists can keep their dreadnoughts, minus the one I let get blown up.

He obviously didn't want to do what the elf said was needed and looked at me and I told him to pull them back.

with that said though
    How many good lives are on that Dreadnought man? How many people are you sacrificing to save a handful of chargers?
    I mean, on a 1-to-1 basis, I agree, but that is a big ship. How many Qunari lives is a single charger's life worth?

The Qun and the Inquisition are both, on some level, about the giving over of oneself to a bigger whole. Saving the chargers preserves something personal, and important, and valuable, but at a gigantic cost to something way, way more important for EVERYONE. Bull is intimately familiar with the idea of self-sacrifice for a greater perceived good.

I had the impression from him during the game that he really, truly believes in the Qun, and during that scene that he needed me to make that hard choice for him. As important as the chargers were to him, the Qun is fundamental to his identity. I honestly think if we made the other call and Bull became Tal-Vashoth, or if the choice hurt the Inquisition's efforts, the guilt would wrack Bull forever. I guess there's no option that lets him off guilt-free ;_;

I just realized that in that last sentence I referred to myself and a fictional character as "we", without really thinking about it. This might be a good video game.

Even if so, it doesn't affect the perceptions I had at the time that led to my choice. I'm comfortable with it. I made the choice that I thought was right for the character I came to know, and the story context that we were in.

To elaborate a little
    He is not happy he is Tal-Vashoth, but specifically says that even though he misses having the Qun to live by, the decision made was the correct one and that he would not change it.

He said a lot of similar stuff to me, despite having chosen the opposite option. I think the game sort of knows that choice is agonizing and tries to compensate to make you feel like less of an asshole regardless of what you do.

signature.png

• Options

His loyalty mission:

with that said though

To elaborate a little

He said a lot of similar stuff to me, despite having chosen the opposite option. I think the game sort of knows that choice is agonizing and tries to compensate to make you feel like less of an asshole regardless of what you do.

Yeah I just watched both endings
    I still think that going tal-vashoth is the right call for him as a character based on his reactions. When you save the chargers, he is upset but immediately sees krem and smiles. When you go with the qun, he says it was the right call and is immediately shown punching a tree with an agonized look on his face

But you're right that they knew it was a tough call

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I've fought three dragons now
    Every time Bull goes down first like Kurt Russell at the start of the big fight in Big Trouble in Little China
    Dorian lasts a little longer but usually it'll come down to me and Cass just beating that thing to death

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Real talk; if you played as a female elf and also
    romanced Solas

Hit me up because I am starting a support group.

signature.png

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    can someone explain how the MP in this game works? haven't tried it yet but I kind of want to.

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    can someone explain how the MP in this game works? haven't tried it yet but I kind of want to.

It's ME3 multiplayer except you move through a level instead of just waves of enemies

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

it's like the ME3 multiplayer, there's a bunch of different classes, you play as a team of 4 going through a procedural dungeon featuring one of 3 enemy types. There are a few different objectives along the way culminating in a boss battle.

You get gold to buy chests with better gear in them and you level up your dudes along the way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    wicked eyes wicked hearts
    so morrigan is... rasputin

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    oh okay that sounds cool

also i never bought ME3, so that analogy really doesn't do any good.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Kochikens wrote: »
    question, spoilers of iron bull stuff, but plsssss dont spoil me:
    I need to get a lovely dragon tooth for our lovely necklace of bonding love business... Is there a convenient time for this to happen or should I just go find a dragon somewhere and kill it?? im level 13 right now, just entered the ballroom quest so I have time still...

At level 13 you could probably take on the Northern Hunter in Crestwood, if your gear is good enough.

thanks!!

• Options
    I gotta say, In Hushed Whispers may be my favorite game soundtrack song ever. It's so freaking well done.

This discussion has been closed.