As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cookie XXXChange 2014: MATCHES SENT

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Great idea. So now I'm going to need recipes for Dart Frog brownies or cookies. I'm sure the poison will cook out, you'll be fine.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Peen wrote: »
    1htysVn.jpg

Where is the recipe for these?

Where is the goddamn recipe?

Edit: Googled up an article with that picture and the recipe to go with it pretty quick.

CowShark on
    I'm gonna test out the nutella filled chocolate chip cookies on my family for Thanksgiving.

So hyped. Mine probably won't be so pretty, but I am so ready to create and also tear into some of those.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    We've done them, they're a very good choice.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2014
    Did matches go out yet? I plan do do my baking this weekend and I need to know if my person is deathly allergic to any of my ingredients so I can think of something else to do.

edit: I misread the date as the 24th, and now I'm in a bind. I'm not going to have as much time as I have this weekend for quite a while. Hmm.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    Matches go out Monday morning (eastern coast US time); my recommendation is bake your goods, box 'em, and you'll be all set to mail on Monday when you get your match. I can say that the leading allergies are NSAIDs, bees, and MRA types (the fact that more than one of you felt the need to write that makes me sad) so you can pretty much bake whatever and so long as you spike it with traditional recreational drugs you're fine.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Whew. Okay, I can remove the bees and the men without affecting the taste too much. My biggest concern was doing all this baking and then finding out that my person can't have gluten or something.

My cookies are certified patriarchy-free.

Look, if someone didn't get oppressed so that I could have cookies I don't want them, at least put your kid in the corner or something.

Hmm

Cage-free eggs (with a reputable certification)
    Fair-trade cocoa
    Vegan sugar (not refined with bone char)
    Sustainably farmed flour, butter, and honey

Oh, the candy. Someone was probably oppressed along the way there. You might still be okay as long as you get the ones with candies.

Nice, I can accept the oppression of people far away, as much as I prefer them to be oppressed in my own back yard.

• CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    Do animals count? I can guarantee one bird being oppressed.

I'm going to go oppress the bird right now, by stuffing her in a cage and forcing her to watch me make pie, which she won't get.

Mwahahaha.

*Internally Screaming*
    That is not the way that I thought that post was going to go and while I'm not sure amateur taxidermy is really in the spirit of the exchange I guess you could stuff the animal in question with m&ms or something and make it fit.

Oh God I had a dream last night where some friends and I went to a boardwalk type place to walk around and they had some "stuffed" animals.. snakes and kittens and stuff. I bought a couple snakes and my friend bought kittens and a dog with two front halves sewn together to give to me as some sort of horrible joke. They were positioned on posts and stuff.

Except about a hundred yards from the store I realized that the animals were actually still alive and sewn into these positions and the entire rest of the dream is my tearful and frantic attempts to save them.

Last day to sign up chumps, do it or be outed as the most heinous square.

Matches have been sent! If you did not receive an e-mail and you think that you should have, please let me know.

Platonic matches? What is this nonsense? That's not what I signed up for. Now what am I going to do with this wedding cake, Peen?

I said the rest was up to you! Feel free to propose any sort of social or sexual arrangement to your match that you would like, I just want the terms to be agreed on by both parties.

• scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    I didn't see the thread.
    maaaan
    someone should just give me two random addresses and I'll mail things
    I just need something to do, I can't keep playing video games or I'll go even more insane

Nutella filled chocolate chip cookies are pretty exciting, dudes.

CowShark wrote: »

how do you make such a thing?
    like, cookie dough base, spread nutella, cover in more cookie dough?
    that sounds so fucking good right now.

My cookies have actually already left the post office and headed toward the sorting facility. I realized after I sent it that while I put my forum name on the box, I did not actually remember to include a note or any information of any kind.

So uh.. exchange person, ask if you have questions! and if you receive a box full of cookies and nothing else, that's me, sorry!

Don't laugh at me Robot Santa :(

And if you receive a box full of cookies and an envelope containing Anthrax, well..

So, I think I've decided on what I'm going to make this weekend. It'll be 3-4 sweet items and 2 savory. I'll probably need to double the amount I make considering half of them will likely make their way into my gaping maw.

Yeah I had to make the batches for my person and the batches so my husband and kid wouldn't eat all the batches for my person.

So the cookies are listed as having arrived two days ago, but to an alternate location.. I'm assuming an office or something? Should I just say who my recipient is to make sure they aren't just sitting somewhere?

...screw it. @HeadCreeps‌ check your.. wherever your mail goes.

CowShark wrote: »

how do you make such a thing?
    like, cookie dough base, spread nutella, cover in more cookie dough?
    that sounds so fucking good right now.

I linked the recipe near the top of this page, which I googled up because that picture was an amaaaaazing beauty shot of a cookie. I was like, "how did one cookie get so much chocolate inside it? How can I fill myself up with them?" and so on. Possibly more threatening at the time.

http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2012/09/nutella-stuffed-brown-butter-sea-salt-chocolate-chip-cookies-my-favorite-cookie-ever/

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    ...screw it. @HeadCreeps‌ check your.. wherever your mail goes.

I got it at home, no worries.

Also the cookies are awesome, thank you!

vEaRQgH.png
    Whew, awesome!

I was going to do cookies and also chocolate cherry cordials this weekend, but the invertase did not arrive in a timely manner.

Oh and do you like pineapple?

hmmm...

snap for yes, crackle for meh, pop for hate

*Internally Screaming*
    Is there an option for just some jazzy hand waving because you really like pineapples in some cases, but not so much in others?

So I made penuche, just as I have many times before and as I was pouring it out into a pan to cool, it separated. Then I cursed and threw it across the kitchen. Now I'm down one treat because I refuse to do that again any time soon.

edited December 2014
    Cimmerii wrote: »
    I was going to do cookies and also chocolate cherry cordials this weekend, but the invertase did not arrive in a timely manner.

Oh and do you like pineapple?

hmmm...

snap for yes, crackle for meh, pop for hate

I have data on this question. Approximately 45% of forumers like pineapple.
    sample size of 331.

scarlet blvd. on
    edited December 2014
    wait, plut, what is penuche

it actually really annoys me that it's impossible to access your profile by the way.
    you and your dark punctuation magic.

scarlet blvd. on
    I actually went through the pineapple thread.

Results: Inconclusive.

This is in relation to home made maraschino cherries. I think I did the pineapple ones with rum.

*Internally Screaming*
    So mysterious. The penuche, I mean. Not me.
    It's called brown sugar fudge sometimes. It tastes like the goo in a pecan pie, but toastier. My sister said it reminded her of candy corn, but she's dumb.
    I think I actually managed to salvage it enough for us to eat it in the house, but I'd be too embarrassed to send it to anyone.
    It's evaporated milk, brown sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla.
    It is INSANELY sweet.

That sounds completely amazing.

• pixiecowpixiecow MewKRegistered User regular
    I would like to join in next year when I won't be pregnant and disorganised (well, less disorganised anyways...)

ceres wrote: »
    That sounds completely amazing.
    Well, good news for both me and my giftee. It's a little more dense than I would like, but it came together after setting and the taste is pretty spot on. So it'll be in irregular chunks, but still. And after tasting it again, it tastes like pecan pralines. But um, without the pecans. Oh my god, so sweet. My teeth hurt just looking at it.

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    wait, plut, what is penuche

it actually really annoys me that it's impossible to access your profile by the way.
    you and your dark punctuation magic.

just add "%20"