As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] A Classy Christmas II; Day Seventeen Total: $7,197.90

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    g8gWAQI.png

More like One Unit Whole Generosity.

Thanks @Isorn, I never actually played Blood way back when, so this should be fun.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Spoit wrote: »
    Antoshka‌ wasn't out of the sale. :cry:

I was. And then Pixie convinced me to buy DA:I, from the Amazon deal. And then I couldn't, because I'm from NZ, and would need a US shipping address / (credit card?) And then the money that she convinced me to to spend on games went on games, just for other people.

This is really very simple.

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Dammit. The SEGA bundle doesn't let me send to Child's Play!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Isorn‌ lead me astray, Antoshka‌ wasn't out of the sale. :cry:

He retaliated with farming sim! <3

21:23 - Isorn: oh nice. according to antoshka he is waiting on his next paycheck
    21:23 - Isorn: course who even trusts that
    21:24 - Spoit: I don't trust any of you monsters

Not my fault. Trust no one.

Also SmokeStacks edited my gift message. I gifted him that because it is his birthday in 3 days. Sneaky.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Can anyone recommend a good starter mmorpg other than marvel? Lotro maybe? Is tera good for a beginner?

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Can anyone recommend a good starter mmorpg other than marvel? Lotro maybe? Is tera good for a beginner?

I loved Ragnarok Online. It was cutesy and simple but fun as hell.

Also @Tamin‌ gets a job but sends me a gift of XCOM: Enemy Within! What the hell, set your phaser to stun, assault that classhole!

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    Antoshka‌ wasn't out of the sale. :cry:

I was. And then Pixie convinced me to buy DA:I, from the Amazon deal. And then I couldn't, because I'm from NZ, and would need a US shipping address / (credit card?) And then the money that she convinced me to to spend on games went on games, just for other people.

This is really very simple.

Probably too late now but you can use any random US address and it will work, just google a random Pizza Hut or something and copy their address so it's a valid zip/location and use that as your "shipping" address. Picking a state with no digital taxes should also help.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    Also SmokeStacks edited my gift message. I gifted him that because it is his birthday in 3 days. Sneaky.

So, this Thursday, then?

Just want to make sure I get the date right. :biggrin:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    This one's for a 4-pack. G&T only, spread the class if you win, you know the drill.
    signature.png

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    OK, a few questions: First, is "A Story About My Uncle" a good game? More specifically, is it worth the 4 bucks they're asking for it?

Also, the site DLGamer. Trustworthy or not? I know it's on the ITAD list of sites, but I'm never quite sure how much I trust the ones that deviate from my norm. I'm cautious like that. :wink:

About to head to Klurikon with my Fateless One already at level 40. I think I'll respec and make some awesome weapons before I take the trip.

A story about my uncle was alright. The puzzles weren't that great, and generally the game is "find the next spot to grapple to before you're out of range." I feel the game needed more iteration to fine tune the grapple gameplay; and also the game ends right when they start getting really creative with the mechanic, IMO. For 4 bucks I guess you can do worse, but I wouldn't go out of my way to pick it up.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2014

I hear FFXIV is really good now. It's first iteration that I played was garbage, but my friend tells me this current one is fun now. Also there's a free 14 day trial.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262341

I'd also mention Guild Wars 2, which is awesome.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Isorn wrote: »

So, this Thursday, then?

Just want to make sure I get the date right. :biggrin:

Friday the 5th. I live in the future after all.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    @Halfazedninja strikes from the shadows with Shadowman! Thanks!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

I hear FFXIV is really good now. It's first iteration that I played was garbage, but my friend tells me this current one is fun now. Also there's a free 14 day trial.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262341

I'd also mention Guild Wars 2, which is awesome.

Yeah, XIV is much improved now. The areas I feel it falls short in are areas that would be difficult for a newbie (or not encountered until well past newbiedom).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Are you asking for yourself, or for your kid? (or for someone else?)

If for you, Tera is a very approachable game that's easy to get into, easy to play in short bursts, completely free without "gating" content, and a heck of a lot of fun. You might also look at Neverwinter or LOTRO. If you want to spend a bit of money on a buy-once-no-sub model, Guild Wars 2 is a good choice. Great game, very pretty, very accessible.

If you're asking for a kid, stay away from Tera. Besides the ludicrous barely-there outfits, the in-game chat is toxic (worst I've experienced in an MMO ever) and full of the worst examples of internet ick.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Skyrim should be ready for me to jump into in a few hours. Are there any mods I need to know about?

And I suppose today would be a good day to start on the SR4 Christmas DLC. You don't need to be a certain level for it do you?

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Skyrim should be ready for me to jump into in a few hours. Are there any mods I need to know about?

And I suppose today would be a good day to start on the SR4 Christmas DLC. You don't need to be a certain level for it do you?

Clearly you need the one that lets you grow and/or shave pubic hair.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular

Obviously: http://www.hellokittyonline.com

Little-Devil-Hello-Kitty-Evil-Demon.jpg

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

Here's a list of starting mods for Skyrim

Also, no there is no certain level needed for How The Saints Saved Christmas. It'll take about an hour and it helps if you have some of the powers unlocked. It's one of my favorite DLC's, I didn't stop smiling the whole time. I'll probably run through it for a third time closer to Christmas.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    @Antoshka has gifted me Startopia in retaliation. I look forward to rebuilding the galaxy's trading network

and performing 'daring escapades', which... ok?

Looks great!

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Maybe I shouldn't have done matching the first week :bigfrown: :D :bigfrown:

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm trying to utilize the 20% November GMG code to get the Borderlands and Game of Thrones but I keep getting error messages. Is anyone having the same issue? I notified their support but I don't want the voucher to run out on me since today/tomorrow is the last day.

• Options
    BobbyrrrrBobbyrrrr Registered User regular
    The deed is done. DA:I is in the library.. Now to finish work then download! Then somehow get time for the game...

• Options
    Thanks. Yeah for the kid. I think I'll push him towards lotro since he likes the movies. We already do Marvel which is fun but he was wanting to play something more like wow without costing us money.

• Options
    Well, damn.

It had to happen sooner or later.

71yoy9841fjv.jpg
    68 Tom Clancy results.

3tmim8wveclq.jpg
    Pixie owns zero of them.

Until now.

4jga5pjlztv5.jpg
    @Jazz broke my Tom Clancy Videogame cherry.

Jerk.

Also, thanks! Now I get to see what the fuss is all about! <3<3<3

(I am a bit worried about the apparent lack of pink attire, if the screenshots are to be believed)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    The Sam and Max games are 66% off, the cheapest they've ever been. If you'd been waiting for them to get cheaper than they had been (like me, for example), it's about 14 bucks for the whole collection of them.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Well, damn.

71yoy9841fjv.jpg
    68 Tom Clancy results.

3tmim8wveclq.jpg
    Pixie owns zero of them.

Until now.

4jga5pjlztv5.jpg

Jerk.

(I am a bit worried about the apparent lack of pink attire, if the screenshots are to be believed)

Just think of your outfit as VERY dark pink and you'll be fine.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    Last call on this!

signature.png

Ends tonight!

Winner: @Shade!

Yay! Happy Satan-bashing!

Your prize has been sent your way.

<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Well, damn.

71yoy9841fjv.jpg
    68 Tom Clancy results.
    3tmim8wveclq.jpg
    Pixie owns zero of them.

Until now.
    4jga5pjlztv5.jpg

Jerk.

You can totally get pink goggles in it.

8rnb7aq60905.jpg

I'm sure the fact that the only screenshot I could find of them without making my own was in German means... something.

• Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    My wife just bought SimCity 4 while it was on sale, even though I have the discs in the closet like five feet away from the keyboard.

Now I just know that I'm going to get sucked into another thousand-hour SimCity binge, just like the last time I played it in 2009, and the time before that in 2005 or thereabouts.

Just gotta stave it off for a week and a half until my classes are over. I wonder if I still have my old saves in a backup somewhere.

• Options
    Thanks @Maguano‌ for a humble bundle code for a lotro starter pack. We'll redeem and try it this weekend!

• Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    Am I the only one pissed that the Dragonborn DLC is the same price as the Legendary Edition?

I refuse to pay for that. I really was hoping for 50% off Dragonborn. Maybe we'll be lucky come the Winter Sale.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I'm trying to utilize the 20% November GMG code to get the Borderlands and Game of Thrones but I keep getting error messages. Is anyone having the same issue? I notified their support but I don't want the voucher to run out on me since today/tomorrow is the last day.

Worked alright for me. Is this the voucher code you are using? B9J1L1-0AZCS9-S0IASV

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Grats @Taramoor‌ !
    signature.png
    This one ends tomorrow ;D
    signature.png

• Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    With my current backlog (and 10 hour work days), I just don't have any time to put into Skyrim. I think I'm going to be able to put off getting it for one more go. Legendary edition has room to drop a little more, and Christmas is around the corner.

It's the puzzle as old as time: as soon as the money comes in to buy games, you suddenly don't have time to play.

That said: What does the thread think of Child of Light? I want something that my five year old can watch while I play without my feeling terribly guilty about it. We finished up Steamworld Dig not too long ago, so I'm looking for something else. If Ducktales had gone on a better sale, it would have been that.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Daedalus wrote: »
    My wife just bought SimCity 4 while it was on sale, even though I have the discs in the closet like five feet away from the keyboard.

Now I just know that I'm going to get sucked into another thousand-hour SimCity binge, just like the last time I played it in 2009, and the time before that in 2005 or thereabouts.

Just gotta stave it off for a week and a half until my classes are over. I wonder if I still have my old saves in a backup somewhere.

How do you get it to run, I've tried to play it but it just wont run for me anymore. Its just a clunky slideshow that response at like 1fps a minute.

• Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Well that went a bit wonky with the order getting split but I think I got it all in there.
    Stuffs with totals for beancounters.
    cpwinter2014secondlook_zpsbff87164.jpg
    cpwinter2014thirdlook_zpsbd08343a.jpg

And just in case, the stuffs going to confidential address matching with stuff going to Childrens Hospital Oakland. Mostly. Weird that the stuff frrom Amazon itself just shows as "2 items".
    cpwinter2014fifthlook_zps1a7b7610.jpg
    Glad I get paranoid whenever I do this and take lots of screen pics. Because I'm pretty sure I still somehow missed the one I usually grab that would have all that info nice and neat like.

@Bobkins Flymo
    @akajaybay for that sweet pay to win action.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    We have hit our first goal! With every new Steam thread, I will have an edit ready.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Worked alright for me. Is this the voucher code you are using? B9J1L1-0AZCS9-S0IASV

Yeah. I just keep getting an error when placing the order.

Edit - Here's a picture of the very descriptive error.
    4f6irM4.png

Double edit- Also to keep anyone from trying it themselves with a credit card, I also tried going through PayPal and that doesn't work either. Just gives me the error before I even get forwarded to PayPal to okay the transaction.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Am I the only one pissed that the Dragonborn DLC is the same price as the Legendary Edition?

I refuse to pay for that. I really was hoping for 50% off Dragonborn. Maybe we'll be lucky come the Winter Sale.

Amazon has Dragonborn for less than seven dollars. I don't have the link handy but I think there's one somewhere on page two of this thread.

This discussion has been closed.