As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] A Classy Christmas II; Day Seventeen Total: $7,197.90

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    v5SYOXA.jpg
    Reminder with a little picture that any Child's Play donations $5+ until 1pm pacific time tomorrow will give you a chance at Good Karma in Steam Battle 2015.
    Good Karma will let you reroll one (your first) critical failure. Can also gift the perk to someone else prior to Steam Battle 2015 starting if you'd like.

Some general details on how Steam Battle 2015 is shaping up: I'm hoping to include everyone with an interest this time around rather than cutting it off at 50. But there will be a couple different participation levels.
    It will be a competition, but less of a head to head two forumers enter, one leaves kind of thing. Expect that sometime in 2015 so the name is still accurate. But it'd be foolish of me to promise a specific start date at this point.
    No ugly prizes this time around. Everyone who enters wallet willing gets a little something, with the victors getting some nice prizes.

akajaybay on
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Daedalus wrote: »
    My wife just bought SimCity 4 while it was on sale, even though I have the discs in the closet like five feet away from the keyboard.

Now I just know that I'm going to get sucked into another thousand-hour SimCity binge, just like the last time I played it in 2009, and the time before that in 2005 or thereabouts.

Just gotta stave it off for a week and a half until my classes are over. I wonder if I still have my old saves in a backup somewhere.

How do you get it to run, I've tried to play it but it just wont run for me anymore. Its just a clunky slideshow that response at like 1fps a minute.
    There was some issue with it working correctly with newer video cards. I haven't had a problem but you can check here: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/SimCity_4#Issues_fixed

edit: Also if you have a Radeon HD 7000, it will detect it as a Radeon 7000 (you know, that card from the nineties or whatever) and hilarity ensues.

Daedalus on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Thank you to @Pixelated Pixie‌ for Saint Row: Gat out of Hell! I will murder all the satans in your honor!

And thank you to @Halfazedninja‌ for a sneak attack while I was at work with Legacy of Kain: Defiance. The only LoK game I haven't played!

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm trying to utilize the 20% November GMG code to get the Borderlands and Game of Thrones but I keep getting error messages. Is anyone having the same issue? I notified their support but I don't want the voucher to run out on me since today/tomorrow is the last day.

Worked alright for me. Is this the voucher code you are using? B9J1L1-0AZCS9-S0IASV

Yeah. I just keep getting an error when placing the order.

Edit - Here's a picture of the very descriptive error.
    4f6irM4.png

Double edit- Also to keep anyone from trying it themselves with a credit card, I also tried going through PayPal and that doesn't work either. Just gives me the error before I even get forwarded to PayPal to okay the transaction.

Had to do the order from my phone, but it worked. Guess there's something up with my cache in my chrome in something. Whatever. Telltale addiction satisfied!

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Bobbyrrrr wrote: »
    The deed is done. DA:I is in the library.. Now to finish work then download! Then somehow get time for the game...

That Amazon deal was too appealing to pass up.

I atoned by spending the download time hammering away at an unholy mix of Javascript and PHP for class.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Since Subnautica isn't out yet for me to do a Lets Play for the summer sale reward yet. I figured I'd offer something a little more immediate (read: after I move into the new place).

@Bobkins Flymo

If we hit $5,000 (which I have faith we will) I will do a Lets Play of Crypt of the Necrodancer.....using a dance pad.

I'll screen record and record myself hopping like a fool too.

• MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    @Bobkins Flymo

For the bean counting! AND THE KIDS!!!
    You did say to make it hurt @Jragghen‌!

1sEWCgZ.jpg

EDIT: Also folks, especially those in corporate jobs, don't forget to check your company's match system when you donate! A lot of companies will match you up to a certain amount either per year or per charity per year. Most, if they're like mine, will tally things up for the year and match the previous year in June/July of the following, but hey - it's a great way to make that money work!

Mudzgut on
    steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    My goodness.

So it's that time of year when we wear out the awesome button.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    v5SYOXA.jpg
    Reminder with a little picture that any Child's Play donations $5+ until 1pm pacific time tomorrow will give you a chance at Good Karma in Steam Battle 2015.
    Good Karma will let you reroll one (your first) critical failure. Can also gift the perk to someone else prior to Steam Battle 2015 starting if you'd like.

Some general details on how Steam Battle 2015 is shaping up: I'm hoping to include everyone with an interest this time around rather than cutting it off at 50. But there will be a couple different participation levels.
    It will be a competition, but less of a head to head two forumers enter, one leaves kind of thing. Expect that sometime in 2015 so the name is still accurate. But it'd be foolish of me to promise a specific start date at this point.
    No ugly prizes this time around. Everyone who enters wallet willing gets a little something, with the victors getting some nice prizes.

I missed entry into the Steam Battle last year. I need to make it in this year! FOR GLORY!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    My goodness.

Apparently.
    There was a time where we wore out the Hail Hydra button.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Antoshka wrote: »
    My goodness.

Apparently.
    There was a time where we wore out the Hail Hydra button.

Two more rose to take its place, though.

Undead Scottsman on
  • FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    @Bobkins Flymo

Man, new steam threads keep slipping past me!

Ah~ let's do this!

paypal_zps30c12c70.jpg

Pumped for Steam Battle as I am pumped giving it to kids!

Wait, that came out wrong.

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »
    Man, new steam threads keep slipping past me!

Ah~ let's do this!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/FirebirdXR/paypal_zps30c12c70.jpg

Pumped for Steam Battle as I am pumped giving it to kids!

Wait, that came out wrong.

Don't forget to @Bobkins Flymo‌.

camo_sig2.png
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    STRETCH GOAL - $10,000 @Bobkins Flymo

This year I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and provide a stretch goal opportunity for the generous people in this great community we call Penny Arcade.

Over the last few months, I've been working away at a new hobby that brings great pixel art off the screen into physical, tangible items for display. Dungeon of the Endless has been the primary inspiration to give this art form a go and I just finished my 5th piece, with plenty more in various stages of completion

eUQE39I.jpg

But it's time to mix it up, and this is where you come in!

If the stretch goal amount is achieved, everyone who donates $30 or more will go into a pool where one lucky winner will receive a hand-made, 8-16bit inspired era pixel art of their choosing (details in below spoiler). This is a physical piece of art that I'll send to you, wherever you are in the world, for you to own and cherish.

I'm looking forward to the challenge everyone, so get those donations in! :biggrin:
    • Ideally it'd be a favoured game character from the 8-16bit era or games inspired by it (as that's what my experience is in), but it could even be your forum avatar. We'll work something out that you'll think is rad.
    • As I use 10mm wooden cubes, the maximum for the piece is 30-40px high and 30-40px wide. For reference in the above photo, Ness (red armour) is 42px high and consists of 554 cubes - it's pretty massive and provides plenty of room for detail.
    • The artwork can be mounted on painted board as pictured, or it can be sent free-standing and simply secured for postage that you can then remove. Speaking of which...
    • I'm fully aware how expensive international postage for items this large from my neck of the woods, but I'll cover the cost with a smile.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    OK, a few questions: First, is "A Story About My Uncle" a good game? More specifically, is it worth the 4 bucks they're asking for it?

Also, the site DLGamer. Trustworthy or not? I know it's on the ITAD list of sites, but I'm never quite sure how much I trust the ones that deviate from my norm. I'm cautious like that. :wink:

About to head to Klurikon with my Fateless One already at level 40. I think I'll respec and make some awesome weapons before I take the trip.

A story about my uncle was alright. The puzzles weren't that great, and generally the game is "find the next spot to grapple to before you're out of range." I feel the game needed more iteration to fine tune the grapple gameplay; and also the game ends right when they start getting really creative with the mechanic, IMO. For 4 bucks I guess you can do worse, but I wouldn't go out of my way to pick it up.
    I will say that it's level of positive reviews and metacritic score are higher than I would have guessed, so I might have the outlier opinion here.

• AngiKateAngiKate Registered User regular
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Bobbyrrrr wrote: »
    The deed is done. DA:I is in the library.. Now to finish work then download! Then somehow get time for the game...

Hey @Bobbyrrrr‌, are you Robbieeeee on Steam?
    TeeMan wrote: »
    STRETCH GOAL - $10,000 Bobkins Flymo"

This year I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and provide a stretch goal opportunity for the generous people in this great community we call Penny Arcade.

Over the last few months, I've been working away at a new hobby that brings great pixel art off the screen into physical, tangible items for display. Dungeon of the Endless has been the primary inspiration to give this art form a go and I just finished my 5th piece, with plenty more in various stages of completion

eUQE39I.jpg

But it's time to mix it up, and this is where you come in!

If the stretch goal amount is achieved, everyone who donates $30 or more will go into a pool where one lucky winner will receive a hand-made, 8-16bit inspired era pixel art of their choosing (details in below spoiler). This is a physical piece of art that I'll send to you, wherever you are in the world, for you to own and cherish.

I'm looking forward to the challenge everyone, so get those donations in! :biggrin:
    • Ideally it'd be a favoured game character from the 8-16bit era or games inspired by it (as that's what my experience is in), but it could even be your forum avatar. We'll work something out that you'll think is rad.
    • As I use 10mm wooden cubes, the maximum for the piece is 30-40px high and 30-40px wide. For reference in the above photo, Ness (red armour) is 42px high and consists of 554 cubes - it's pretty massive and provides plenty of room for detail.
    • The artwork can be mounted on painted board as pictured, or it can be sent free-standing and simply secured for postage that you can then remove. Speaking of which...
    • I'm fully aware how expensive international postage for items this large from my neck of the woods, but I'll cover the cost with a smile.

Fuuuck yes. These are so sweet (and they make me want to play Dungeon of the Endless some more! If only I was better at it...)

Awesome stretch goal, @TeeMan. <3

Big hearts for you too, @Jragghen‌. <3<3<3 You deserve some sort of matchmeister badge. Maybe a badge with just a single match on it. Also, more hearts for you: <3<3<3

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    For those who can't read like me, GMG is not giving out Steam keys for Borderlands and GoT. They're keys redeemable for digital download from Telltales site. Just a heads up.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Is there a really easy way to view which DLC I have for RPG Maker? I'm looking into grabbing some stuff but I don't remember what I have. Probably just gonna write down what I have if an easy to look up list isn't available in Steam now.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Is there a really easy way to view which DLC I have for RPG Maker? I'm looking into grabbing some stuff but I don't remember what I have. Probably just gonna write down what I have if an easy to look up list isn't available in Steam now.

If you go to the page on Steam, it should list the ones in your library with little dropout "In Library" markers. Otherwise, you can install Enhanced Steam and it'll highlight them green.

Jragghen wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »

If you go to the page on Steam, it should list the ones in your library with little dropout "In Library" markers. Otherwise, you can install Enhanced Steam and it'll highlight them green.

I did not notice the "In Library" drop down, just the wishlist one. I need to be more observant. Thank you.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    This is a reminder that Telltale's Game of Thrones Episode 1 is out tomorrow. Hype is at maximum.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Made the mistake of looking up pixel art.

Hnngh factor exceeding workplace safety levels.

s7Imn5J.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Oh man, that Telltale Game of Thrones thing drops tomorrow. If not for my massive backlog I'd look at it more. Looks very cool. I haven't sold any of my steam cards or boosters for...months. I should probably do that.

• FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    I swore off buying games for the rest of the year, resisting temptations of both this and the winter sale. (Also Black Friday sales, early Christmas-gift shopping killed my wallet!)

But Alien: Isolation for 25 bucks felt too good to pass. Now I feel even worse considering the donation I put up.
    Have to rectify this and restore my conscience somewhere mid-December when I refuel my funds.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
    edited December 2014
    Is the only way I can preview the music for the sound packs for RPG Maker still Youtube?

I guess even Youtube does not work.

Does anyone have Zonderland and the Survival Horror music pack? If so, what do you think of them?

Stragint on

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Throwing together that list of Christmas themed games to maybe stream a bit of during the holiday season. I asked about it a few months ago. Here's what I have so far, as suggested by some of you dudes and dudettes:

Some ideas I thought about
    I found a Spelunky Mod that turns everything into gift boxes
    I know Killing Floor does some stuff
    I know Nights has a special thing if you set the clock to Christmas
    There was also some multiplayer FPS I played once on here for charity and it wasn't that great but during the holidays the enemies were all elves and wore stupid hats

@Albino Bunny‌ "Payday 2 has a heist level with a tree in it"

@Pixelated Pixie‌ "Dungeon Defenders has a Christmas themed level"
    @Ed Gruberman‌ Saints Row IV - How The Saints Saved Christmas
    @Jragghen‌ "Any of the games from the steam coal game in 08/09. Also L4D2, Sanctum"
    @bloodatonement‌ "Costume Quest: Grubbins On Ice

@Zavian‌
    Sam and Max: Ice Station Santa
    Borderlands 2: Mercenary Day DLC
    Magicka: Holiday Spirit DLC
    Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage
    Batman Arkham Origins
    Merry Gear Solid 1 and 2

@Fanda‌ "Darwinia and Cave Story if you play them on Christmas"

If anyone has any more ideas, feel free to add them to the list (and take out the @Notifications, for other peoples' sakes)

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    TF2 usually has some festives skins or something around Christmas time, as well.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    You could always build a Christmas village in Terraria.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Jeix wrote: »
    You could always build a Christmas village in Terraria.

Well, now I know where an unreasonable amount of my time is going . . .

"Look, it's a tree with blinking lights on a timer that also happens to be a building!"

:wink:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Skyrim should be ready for me to jump into in a few hours. Are there any mods I need to know about?

And I suppose today would be a good day to start on the SR4 Christmas DLC. You don't need to be a certain level for it do you?

Check out the Skyrim thread. Monger used to have an excellent list going on in there (here is a link to some texture suggestions at least). Otherwise I can recommend a visit to the Skyrim GEMS for a browse through their recommendations. See if anything catches your interest.

The one mod I tend to recommend to everyone is Interesting NPCs. Incredibly well done, beautifully written.

Also... GRID 2: Loading...?

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    That cheeky, classy bugger @Viking has insisted I simulate being a car mechanic! If you need me I'll be busting my knuckles, cursing loudly at american engine parts, and throwing wrenches across the garage. Thanks dude <3<3

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Not even an hour after I put it on my wishlist because of the discussion upthread, @Viking‌ comes and hits me with lyne! Thanks <3

steam_sig.png
  • johnnyactionfngrjohnnyactionfngr Registered User regular
    I'd like to thank @tacticalheadache‌ for Paper Sorcerer!
    akajaybay wrote: »
    v5SYOXA.jpg

Last year I didn't get into the Steam Battle 2014; but akajaybay still told of my gruesome death in the preliminaries, which was awesome! So of course I donated to Child's Play!

steam_sig.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »
    Skyrim should be ready for me to jump into in a few hours. Are there any mods I need to know about?

And I suppose today would be a good day to start on the SR4 Christmas DLC. You don't need to be a certain level for it do you?

Check out the Skyrim thread. Monger used to have an excellent list going on in there. Otherwise I can recommend a visit to the Skyrim GEMS for a browse through their recommendations. See if anything catches your interest.

The one mod I tend to recommend to everyone is Interesting NPCs. Incredibly well done, beautifully written.

Also... GRID 2: Loading...?

Thank you @Ashe for GRID 2! Can't wait to get all up in that racing action!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I found some old Origin codes I had lying around.

Dead Space:

Loading...?

Origin Codes:

Dead Space 3:

Loading...?

Origin Codes

Medal of Honor:

Loading...?

Origin Codes