As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX SECRET BOBCATS 3: BOBCAT WITH A VENGEANCE 2014

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't know, I didn't realize smalls was going to be gone until quite so close to the deadline.

• QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Dear Punxsutawney Phil,

My, what a roller coaster of a year we have had! The people, the places, the adventures; the crippling, debilitating alcoholism. Truly we have had a year of trials, tribulations and and setting old 70s Buicks on fire. But as the year winds down and I return to more responsible activities (like finishing up my bachelors degree), I take stock of the lessons I've learned over the last year, and the wisdom I've gained from them.

It amounts to jack shit, even with the Buick burnings. So why don't you play the roll of the birthday skeleton (or in this case festivus skeleton), and I'll tell you what frivolous material wealth I desire.

Anyways, I've got a list of things I fancy to one degree or another. I, like many people on our humble forums am a geek/gamer of all sorts. There's a litany of gaming awesome I've missed in the last year or so; I don't even own any of the current gen consoles. Still, games are always cool, as are gaming paraphernalia. I've also got a bit of a vice problem (I say "problem"). Things like whisky, beer, cigars, jazz, leather goods etc. Also books and comics. I'm kinda all over the place.

I have an amazon wishlist embedded in my signature which I use as a catch-all for anything I find on the internet that catches my fancy (thank you, Add to Amazon Wish List button!). I'll do my best to prioritize things I actually want instead of just stuff I throw on there so I won't forget it.

6rceun58332p.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I'm sorry Tube, it's been a long time since we've talked. See, I don't find myself needing much these days. I've got a decent job a so does the rest of my family, so I get most all the toys I want. But see, the things I don't get are what I'm not expecting. I want to be surprised. I want to get the gift you love, but think nobody else would ever think to give. I want that thing you like that you don't think anybody else even knows about. I guess what I'm saying is I just want something new to me.

I like all the usual things, sci-fi, Japan(I've studied the language a little even), fantasy, most kinds of video games. I love to read. I don't have any of the latest consoles, but I have all the previous couple gens.

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    I"M HOME!!

So sorry all. I didn't plan this exchange so well this year in conjunction with my vacation.

Here is the list of people who have signed up successfully. I'm gonna leave this for a day to give people a change to make sure everything is in order before matching.

Menolly07
    DashD
    Wickersham
    tvethiopia
    xenard
    pureval
    NowHiringHenchmen
    Ravenger
    Wickersham
    birrhan
    Manic2K
    draklan
    cookiekrush
    soozerella
    PayneTrayne
    Kropotkin
    Happendy
    Kiss Me Goodbye
    zeromyst
    Kirindal
    rileyper
    ClannMorgan
    BombClancy
    squire_Pug
    punzie
    bubblegumnex
    QuickSnap
    youngfrey

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    So I realized I'm dumb and forgot to sign up. Maybe smalls will let me in? we'll see.

Hey Sky Tube!
    Again, this will not be super different from previous years. I have even copied and pasted a fair bit. My interests haven't changed much over the years.

I really enjoy admiring the creative ability of other people. I am certain that I would enjoy something that shows off your skills and/or talents.

I play many different types of games. While 2013 was very heavy on the PC side of things, 2014 has been tabletop heavy.

My local friends have massive board game collections, so I don't have a huge desire to own a large collection of my own. My very favorite board game is Battlestar Galactica. I have a couple "co-operative against the game" types, like Forbidden Island and Pandemic, and I do enjoy that sort of thing. For expanding my own collection, I mainly try to focus on games that play well with two players since any time I have more than two players, the massive collections of my friends are usually available. If a board game is fairly common, I might have it already or I might play it a lot with my friends. I am certain though that if you have a slightly less common game in mind that you love, your powers of gifting will likely show you that I'll enjoy it too.

I ended up getting into the X-Wing minis game last year. I will be going through my collection soon so I can update my amazon wishlist pertaining to X-Wing minis. It's a rabbit hole, but one that I've had a lot of fun diving into.

My Steam and XBL profiles are in my signature. They show a pretty comprehensive set of my videogame interests. I keep my steam wishlist up to date and fairly well curated. It's actually pretty bare right now. This is because I fulfilled most of the items on my wishlist via steam sales over the last year, and I haven't played through anywhere near all of those games yet. I've gotten back into WoW pretty heavily too, which has hurt my ability to burn down my backlog.

I don't really play many tv-attached console games these days.

I got re-involved with pokemon quite a bit last year, and the 3DS in general. I'm pretty excited for the pokemon games coming up, although I'll probably be leveling my WoW toons when they come out :P

I love all sorts of universes like BSG, Star Wars, Firefly, Lord of the Rings, Portal, and the like. I absolutely adore the fallout universe and have played through waaaay too much of the modern games. My very favorite superhero is Iron Man and I am up to date on the IM comics. I got Marvel Unlimited last year and am 100% up to date on all the Marvel NOW titles (on the 6 month delay that MU has).

I have a pretty extensive book collection (including *almost* every Star Wars EU novel), so while I do love books I get them all the time and they may make redundant gifts.

I highly enjoy good whiskey. I really like trying different varieties of high quality whiskeys, whether bourbon, scotch, irish, or rye.

While I've improved, I'm still not very good at wishlists. My amazon wishlist is in my sig, and I'm sure I'll be updating it more over the next week or two. I do ask that if you get something from my amazon wishlist, that you mark it as purchased since I'm using this list for multiple exchanges and some friends and family. Once matches go out I'll keep my eyes off of it so as to not ruin any surprises.

I will allow it because I was bad and didn't have time for matching today. O_O

:)

edited November 2014
    EMAILS HAVE BEEN SENT!

Please PM me on the forums if you have any issues your questions.

HAPPY BOBCATTING!!

SmallLady on
  • RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    Bobcats shipped :D

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
    Bobcat deployed.

• BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Bobcat's sent. 11/17/2014
    ETA: 11/28/2014.

BombClancy on
    what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Bobcats shipped about a week ago. Expected arrival is hopefully relatively soon.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Bobcats dispatched today (01/12/2014), will likely appear at the very latest 23/12/2014.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    lw5cgx1ndtra.jpg

Bobcat was received today...vintage 1940 Wyandotte Tin candy dispenser. Thanks!

lw5cgx1ndtra.jpg

Is that a pez dispenser?

Kinda of, it's from the 40's...so you put candy in the top of the head and push the body down...candy pops out in to the dish.

• Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I received my Bobcats! There was no username attached with it though I was informed that the name matches Quicksnap!

Also A++ for the little notes on the packages. They cracked me up!

abxu521t4y1h.jpg

0yvb0fgv0z0r.jpg

gygr7o5rmbq3.jpg

u4kejidqgdr0.jpg

7ls1nwiff77h.jpg

I forgot to take the closeup of [Bobcating Intensifies]
    mfy0fwfa4q5t.jpg
    (This is a random book I wanted due to my following of their facebook page)

Their new home! With Squidward (last year's Bobcat gift), Mordecai, Lumpy Space Princess, Brad, and Ponies!
    zr8n8331iioq.jpg

THANK YOU QUICKSNAP!!!! :D

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
    lw5cgx1ndtra.jpg

Holy shit that's amazing.

I received my Bobcats! There was no username attached with it though I was informed that the name matches Quicksnap!

Also A++ for the little notes on the packages. They cracked me up!

[Snip]

THANK YOU QUICKSNAP!!!! :D

You're very welcome. ^_^

6rceun58332p.png
  • zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I received my bobcat yesterday but I unfortunately was super busy all day so had no time to properly open it and snap pictures. I'm leaving work in a bit and I'll definitely have time today to crack it open! I'm excited!

Also my bobcat has been SHIPPED!
    bobcat.jpg

Someone will be very happy (I hope) on Monday or maybe Tuesday.

zeromyst on
    CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
    Were we supposed to guess who are Bobcat is from? If so....YoungFrey?!?!

Santa's can choose whether or not to disclose their identity.

Nope. I put a card in mine with my user name on it.

edited December 2014
    I OPENED IT!

The Box (I sort of preemptively opened it and then I was like "Oh yeah, I need to take pics.")
    sb2014_1.jpg

OooOOOoo! :o
    sb2014_2.jpg

8-)
    sb2014_5.jpg

The notes were funny :biggrin:
    sb2014_3.jpg
    laugh.gif
    sb2014_4.jpg
    gloves.gif

YAY! (ooga chaka, ooga chaka, ooga chaka)
    sb2014_7.jpg

My Santa did not give his or her name/handle. But whoever it was, THANK YOU! YOU ARE AWESOME.

Edit: My Santa PM'ed me! It was @Ravenger‌! Thank you!

zeromyst on
    @zeromyst none of your pics are viewable!

Ravenger wrote: »
    @zeromyst none of your pics are viewable!
    It's on your end most likely. I was able to view them last night. I can't now, but I'm at work.

• DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Bobcat was received, will post pictures and thanks when my phone stops being stupid and I can actually take pictures.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
    Yeah they show up fine for me.

edited December 2014
    @Ravenger‌ hmm...that's odd. Tried about five different devices/PCs (all on different networks) and it's fine.

Here are the direct links to the images if you can't see them.

zeromyst.com/pax/sb2014_1.jpg
    zeromyst.com/pax/sb2014_2.jpg
    zeromyst.com/pax/sb2014_3.jpg
    zeromyst.com/pax/sb2014_4.jpg
    zeromyst.com/pax/sb2014_5.jpg
    zeromyst.com/pax/sb2014_7.jpg

Let me know if you still can't see them. I'll upload them to Imgur or something.

zeromyst on
    ohhh I bet it's because I'm on a work computer. Ravbad

zeromyst wrote: »
    @Ravenger‌ hmm...that's odd. Tried about five different devices/PCs (all on different networks) and it's fine.

Here are the direct links to the images if you can't see them.

zeromyst.com/pax/sb2014_1.jpg
    zeromyst.com/pax/sb2014_2.jpg
    zeromyst.com/pax/sb2014_3.jpg
    zeromyst.com/pax/sb2014_4.jpg
    zeromyst.com/pax/sb2014_5.jpg
    zeromyst.com/pax/sb2014_7.jpg

Let me know if you still can't see them. I'll upload them to Imgur or something.

I was able to see the originals at home, loved the gifs! Enjoy :)

• Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    Apparently Quicksnap spoiled me with a separate gift as well!
    tjdqzlo04n5r.jpg
    8nxifx3ww35m.jpg

Also, I figured out how to make spoiler tags.

Thank you Quicksnap!

SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
    Bob C. Catington....hysterical!

• soozerellasoozerella Registered User regular
    Bobcats deployed! They should arrive on Monday, give or take. Godspeed, little ones!

PAX Prime attendee: '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, and soon to be '16
    Apparently Quicksnap spoiled me with a separate gift as well!
    tjdqzlo04n5r.jpg
    8nxifx3ww35m.jpg

Also, I figured out how to make spoiler tags.

Thank you Quicksnap!

The primary gifting period has now closed. Commence leisure! *claps hands* :D

6rceun58332p.png
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    I had so much fun shopping for my santee. I mailed their bobcats. Looking at Monday delivery. I hope they like what I chose!! I shopped hard for some of the gift. Science supply was necessary!

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
    edited December 2014
    I have been greeted by a most unexpectedly bountiful Bobcat! Why I was so excited to open up the box i forgot to take a picture of the outside! Box says it's from Arizona, but what could it be!?!?
    [Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/R2cLu4Gl.jpg)
    YlLJvZAl.jpg

A card for me! It wishes me a happy holiday season no matter what I celebrate.
    I celebrate Happy Hour if you must know.

On to the first packages!
    GLcEWRal.jpg
    hmzXxOGl.jpg
    ttxm846l.jpg?1
    IusV9Fyl.jpg?2
    v2uNAGMl.jpg?2

A cornucopia of what are clearly Arizona delicacies! Great joy for me!

Excellent, and most unexpected. But what could this stack of mystery me?
    W1m7Vh5.jpg?1
    Lt2pbgAl.jpg
    AmkNWCEl.jpg
    CAH and the 1st three Expansions! Most wonderful. I'd been meaning to replace the set I lost on a venture in Alaska (long story, don't ask) for quite some time.
    aq3iaURl.jpg
    Мой Бог (my god)! What a scintillating book. Now I'll know who to buddy up to next time I'm in Russia! =D
    QxclvSVl.jpg
    Woohoo, God, No! I love Pen Jillette and I've been meaning to pick this up for some time.

hLXnZryl.jpg
    Hiroshi Inagaki's epic Samurai trilogy! This is awesome!!!!
    tvLsb3il.jpg
    Don't remember requesting this but hey, John Cusack! That's a win right there!
    HEKDCxKl.jpg
    Michael Douglas and Sean Penn? That's a good time right there no matter what genera.
    1wMH6Ujl.jpg
    I just wanted to make special note of the wrapping paper on these gifts; it's amazing.
    lnpCFBFl.jpg
    1983 Space Fantasy movie Krull, featuring a rather young Liam Neeson. I hope it's like Taken in space.
    y9OwaVFl.jpg
    A book! A children's book?

adqU9l6l.jpg
    Oh hay, I know this book. Awesome!
    o0uro7Dl.jpg
    Now this is a treat. The 1st volume of Sandman. I've been meaning to get into this series for years.

SpVa5orl.jpg
    The whole thing!

What a haul this year! Thank you to the very kind and generous YoungFrey!

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
    edited December 2014
    Wait...there's more, those chicks just crack me up! Luv it, thanks again!
    7qcvfeare5mc.jpg
    aopmgdmeycy6.jpg

ClannMorgan on
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    bobcat sent! woohoo! priority 2-day shipping, so it should arrive tuesday. i get so much more excited about sending out a gift than i do about getting one. yay bobcats!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Bobcat shipped! Should arrive some point next week.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
    gsQnQqn.jpg?1

THE MOST ELDRICH OF BOBCATS!

A sweet Cthulhu mug, a kitten made of tentacles, and a dice that allegedly lights up when a 20 is rolled. I say allegedly because I've rolled this mother fucker at least 100 times and have gotten zero 20s.

Anyways, thank you very much PayneTrayne for the cursed dice.

<3<3