As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] So much fun you could burst a blood vessel

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Kalista's E has too long a cooldown to make good use of Sheen procs, unless you're exclusively using it to kill minions.

Yeh, the idea would be to get it to reset with minion kills and get the proc that way.

I think that it would work as well as triforce jayce.

triforce jayce would proc the sheen like twice as often as kalista

liEt3nH.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    BoRK Kalista is probably the way to go most of the time.

Or, the aforementioned strat of hoping the other team picks her and taking your easy win.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I don't even know what to max on Kalista

pros help

steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    My assumption is R>Q>E>W, starting QWQEQR.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    void gate looks like something soraka would like

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    They really need to go ahead and rework Warwick, because they're not stopping at the skirmisher/devouring nerfs, they're straight up doing the nasty on his bread and butter too.

Warwick
    Hunter's Call (W) duration reduced to 6 seconds from 10 seconds.

Infinite Duress (R) total damage reduced to 200/275/350 damage from 250/335/420
    Infinite Duress (R) lifesteal gained during duration increased to 35% from 30%

I knew they couldn't resist going full retard on this. Ah well, I'll go back to playing WW on occasion for fun instead of considering him a top tier choice like I have been doing for years.

Warwick needs a rework, I just hope it doesn't take a long as the eve one. His kit much like Nunu's is just silly and out dated. I am sorta fine with them just hitting him directly with the nerf bat so I can go back to banning shaco. Warwick will always be a wolfbro but he needs this, he is too dominant.

He's only dominant due to Riot releasing a better version of the OP item they nerfed in season 4. WW has never been OP, with the caveat he got trimmed a bit when he was part of the top lane sustain crew, and even that was more of a gameplay environment adjustment than him actually being OP.

Warwick's kit is actually underpowered. His E would never be released in the current game, it would be released as is with a passive stat bonus attached. He just has a (super forseeable) interaction with exactly one item. which is fixable without decimating a fun champ.

WW's ult doesn't look as powerful as it is because the base stats do not count his passive stacks. But its got one of the higher base damages in the game once you account for that

wbBv3fj.png
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I would say REQW

But it depends on what you're going for. I think I prefer doing typical ADC build on her and pretending I'm semi-sucky Twitch.

But then I just play her like sucky Twitch and lose

Khavall wrote: »
    I would say REQW

But it depends on what you're going for. I think I prefer doing typical ADC build on her and pretending I'm semi-sucky Twitch.

But then I just play her like sucky Twitch and lose

Her Q gains a whopping 60 base damage per rank - stopping at 250+1.0 AD at 5, and massively chunks lane opponents. E, however... gains 10 base, +3.33.... per stack past the first. It does go down in cooldown significantly, but since you mainly use it as an execute... well, that doesn't help much. A skill point to add basically 4 damage to each attack is not worth it... actually, I'm inclined to say Q>W>E maybe, though W is a one-point wonder, giving 12% max HP with the first point and only 2% more after, and the cooldown and ghost never improve.

So, Q>E>W, I guess.

kalista's E is not worth maxing first due to how infrequently you will stack it up in actual fights

liEt3nH.png
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I get why you wouldn't maybe want E first, but QTPie is with me

As are most Pro players playing Kalista. I mean they may be using my logic too of "Use it like Twitch E but shittier", but even then you'd think they'd realize Q first is better if it's that obviously better.

I mean I get the whole "Appeal to authority" fallacy but still QTpie!

Khavall on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Kalista's issue is that she has no up-front burst, her movement and attack are awkward and can be abused. If you go out of vision into a bush she has to complete her attack animation but doesn't actually hit you, which is shitty for her in lane. She needs to fight an extended battle in a world where ADCs get dived and can't just "jump in" for a quick kill like Corki/Draven/Lucian/Graves.

That combined with a lack of self-peel (weak slow go home) spells solo queue shitfest.

I lost top lane to a Kalista in a ranked game, but then midgame happens and she's still someone that can't really respond to true CC or a bunch of damage coming at her. So we just killed her later and she didn't matter and we won.

Edit: So much of her power is tied up in her ult and W synergy with a support that if your support isn't great you're going to have an even worse time.

JAEF on
    personally i'm a fan of the baller W first build

liEt3nH.png
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    They really need to go ahead and rework Warwick, because they're not stopping at the skirmisher/devouring nerfs, they're straight up doing the nasty on his bread and butter too.

Warwick

I knew they couldn't resist going full retard on this. Ah well, I'll go back to playing WW on occasion for fun instead of considering him a top tier choice like I have been doing for years.

Warwick needs a rework, I just hope it doesn't take a long as the eve one. His kit much like Nunu's is just silly and out dated. I am sorta fine with them just hitting him directly with the nerf bat so I can go back to banning shaco. Warwick will always be a wolfbro but he needs this, he is too dominant.

He's only dominant due to Riot releasing a better version of the OP item they nerfed in season 4. WW has never been OP, with the caveat he got trimmed a bit when he was part of the top lane sustain crew, and even that was more of a gameplay environment adjustment than him actually being OP.

Warwick's kit is actually underpowered. His E would never be released in the current game, it would be released as is with a passive stat bonus attached. He just has a (super forseeable) interaction with exactly one item. which is fixable without decimating a fun champ.

It seems strange to me to say "this champion isn't op, its the item" here. I mean people don't play without items.

That's reasonably basic game design. Innervating Locket Udyr was nearly unkillable, but the problem was not Udyr's kit, it was Innervating Locket, thus I.L. was deleted. Now Locket wasn't OP on Ashe, but it didn't need to be to be a problem.
    Goumindong wrote: »

Warwick

WW's ult doesn't look as powerful as it is because the base stats do not count his passive stacks. But its got one of the higher base damages in the game once you account for that

Champs need to be considered holistically on the one hand, but that is counting two ability slots worth of power as a single ability. In the end, it's comparable to Veigar's ult in both purpose and damage pre-nerf, and that's before considering Veigar's infinite scaling.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Anyone know whats best to max on Ahri?

I'm just maxing R-Q-E-W now for more time when I actually land a taunt. But how is the W compaird to Q? Heard somewhere that W maxing is good vs melee but never really tested it.
    I am going to say this ignoring the fact that Ahri's Q is bugged (so you probably shouldn't play her) and just as a general Ahri thing.

Always max Q. If you max W, you only have a higher single target damage by the time you hit level 9 and only not factoring in true damage (so you probably do less with W anyway still). This is leaving aside how your AoE is much worse if you max W so you can't push and how you cannot guarantee damage against your desired target unless they are the closest thing to you, at which point you're probably losing the trade anyway since it means they jumped on you and you are made of paper. You should be abusing her 880 range Q against melee instead anyway to poke because otherwise they just sit inside the minion wave and you're sad.

That said, it's actually best to go R > Q > W > E. You one-point-wonder E at 2 and ignore it after that because it has no cooldown gain, the worst damage gain, and only improves its CC by a total of 1 second. Ahri's combo doesn't rely on that extra second so all the other tradeoffs aren't worth it.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    >I am going to say this ignoring the fact that Ahri's Q is bugged (so you probably shouldn't play her) and just as a general Ahri thing.

The number of bugged skills is absolutely amazing. Corki rockets disappear, Cho's silence doesn't when it's clearly over the target, hell sometimes you can just walk thru J4's ult http://www.twitch.tv/enderwiggnz/c/3184676

Some if it is the old "coded as a minion" problem, some of it has to be bad netcode, and the rest is just "a wizard did it".

I've played as Jarvan against someone who kept just walking out of my damn cataclysm and it is the most frustrating thing.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    How is her Q bugged?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    How is her Q bugged?
    It sometimes won't do damage on the return trip.

XNnw6Gk.jpg

Warwick

It seems strange to me to say "this champion isn't op, its the item" here. I mean people don't play without items.

That's reasonably basic game design. Innervating Locket Udyr was nearly unkillable, but the problem was not Udyr's kit, it was Innervating Locket, thus I.L. was deleted. Now Locket wasn't OP on Ashe, but it didn't need to be to be a problem.

Warwick

Champs need to be considered holistically on the one hand, but that is counting two ability slots worth of power as a single ability. In the end, it's comparable to Veigar's ult in both purpose and damage pre-nerf, and that's before considering Veigar's infinite scaling.

Uhh so warwicks ult is one ability, not two. His passive applies to auto attacks as an on hit and since they want ww's ult to scale with on-hit they just lower the base damage instead of fixing it. It's literally no different than if his passive did not apply to his ult.

In the end it's not anywhere near the same purpose (or base damage) of Veigars ult. Veigars ult is pure damage, targetable, projectile (so you can pop it with zhonya/braum or yasuo wall/ any intangible effect like vlads pool). Warwicks ult is instant hard CC (the hardest CC in the game, can't be stopped by mikhaels) and damage second. It's an initiation skill and a catch skill. The only way to stop it is to make the target cc immune before it goes off or CC him out of it. They aren't similar at all.

wbBv3fj.png
  • CesareBCesareB Registered User regular

Warwick

Warwick

Uhh so warwicks ult is one ability, not two. His passive applies to auto attacks as an on hit and since they want ww's ult to scale with on-hit they just lower the base damage instead of fixing it. It's literally no different than if his passive did not apply to his ult.

In the end it's not anywhere near the same purpose (or base damage) of Veigars ult. Veigars ult is pure damage, targetable, projectile (so you can pop it with zhonya/braum or yasuo wall/ any intangible effect like vlads pool). Warwicks ult is instant hard CC (the hardest CC in the game, can't be stopped by mikhaels) and damage second. It's an initiation skill and a catch skill. The only way to stop it is to make the target cc immune before it goes off or CC him out of it. They aren't similar at all.

No you don't understand, you use both of them to kill people. Exactly the same.

Warwick

Warwick

It's wouldn't be "fixing," it is working as intended, just like Annie ult stunning, or any number of other interactions between passives and other abilities within a kit.

And again, it has always and forever worked like that, and it has never up until the introduction of a single item in a single patch been an issue.

This paints a rather one sided view of it. Veigar has even better CC, though it has the benefit of being on a normal cooldown. And WW ult can be countered by any number of things. And to restate for the third time, depending on the champs involved, even countered by the person he uses it on, let alone teamplay. Moreover, his very nature as a melee hero makes him have to waste gold itemizing defense that other champs don't, as well as his unusual scaling.

edited December 2014
    Look you claimed that the added damage on warwicks ult from his passive was a "separate ability" and I said that was dumb. It is, it's super dumb, Warwick still gets to use his passive on all his other auto attacks.

This came after you said that WWs ult was underpowered and I told you that it was not, it's power was just hidden.

This came after you said WWs entire kit was overrated and it was just this item and then someone else explained that Warwick had a 55% pre patch win rate!

Now you're comparing WW and Veigar like they're similar champions in the slightest and docking the tanky disruptive initiator for building defensive items!

Is there anything else crazy you want to get off your chest before the thread stops bothering to reply?

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    YES OGN IS BACK!

HUYA vs SKT....

SKT1 have Warwick jungle. 'gg'

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Yeah, I also don't understand how to build, skill, or play Kalista. I tried taking her toplane in a teambuilder game, and
    1. ulted my jungle Poppy out of a gank that was going to be successful had I not ulted her. Couldn't have done a better ult had I been deliberately trolling.
    2. lost lane to Shyvana (which should *not* happen when you're an adc top. I mean, I got ganked by ww several times. But still.)
    3. could not cs cause autos feel terrible
    4. could not reliably hop backwards while csing and especially not while fighting Shyv. Why is this so hard? I can direct and catch Draven axes, so why not this?

Anyway was pretty bad. I should probably play her in a bunch of bot games and learn how to hop and cs, cause man, this is hard. I don't think I'll try to master her, because she doesn't really bring anything that I absolutely need in an adc, but I want to at least be able to play her without being terrible.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    So, Azir is really fun, but I feel like I am playing him badly.

Is the idea to drop the soldiers in range to hit an enemy, and then, when they try and run, to Q them past them (back into range), and then E to pop them up?

In the case you are just poking in lane, do you drop a soldier and then get an attack or two in then go back to creeping?

Mandatory chalice? I use a lot of mana on him.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    New Tales:

emL2eNx.jpg
    First the Agility pots, now a HoG... what else does she have stashed in her bag?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    credeiki wrote: »
    Yeah, I also don't understand how to build, skill, or play Kalista. I tried taking her toplane in a teambuilder game, and
    1. ulted my jungle Poppy out of a gank that was going to be successful had I not ulted her. Couldn't have done a better ult had I been deliberately trolling.
    2. lost lane to Shyvana (which should *not* happen when you're an adc top. I mean, I got ganked by ww several times. But still.)
    3. could not cs cause autos feel terrible
    4. could not reliably hop backwards while csing and especially not while fighting Shyv. Why is this so hard? I can direct and catch Draven axes, so why not this?

Anyway was pretty bad. I should probably play her in a bunch of bot games and learn how to hop and cs, cause man, this is hard. I don't think I'll try to master her, because she doesn't really bring anything that I absolutely need in an adc, but I want to at least be able to play her without being terrible.

I have the opposite problem. She feels great to me mechanically. I just have no idea how to combo with her skills or what order to buy items in let alone which items are best.

steam_sig.png
  • CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    So, Azir is really fun, but I feel like I am playing him badly.

Is the idea to drop the soldiers in range to hit an enemy, and then, when they try and run, to Q them past them (back into range), and then E to pop them up?

In the case you are just poking in lane, do you drop a soldier and then get an attack or two in then go back to creeping?

Mandatory chalice? I use a lot of mana on him.

Chalice does seem mandatory on Azir, at least while you're learning him!

Chalice/Athene's lets you maintain an army late game, too, which is super fun.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Isn't Warwick, even after the Devourer nerf, with a Devourer and Wit's End still throwing out pretty outrageous Rs? I saw Cowsep do a hybrid Warwick jungle where he got a Devourer, Wit's End and Nashor's before the opponents concession. He was like 11/4/0 or some bullshit by 20.

Look you claimed that the added damage on warwicks ult from his passive was a "separate ability" and I said that was dumb. It is, it's super dumb, Warwick still gets to use his passive on all his other auto attacks.

This came after you said that WWs ult was underpowered and I told you that it was not, it's power was just hidden.

This came after you said WWs entire kit was overrated and it was just this item and then someone else explained that Warwick had a 55% pre patch win rate!

Now you're comparing WW and Veigar like they're similar champions in the slightest and docking the tanky disruptive initiator for building defensive items!

Is there anything else crazy you want to get off your chest before the thread stops bothering to reply?

Someone ruffle your goose feathers lately? I never said his ult was underpowered, I said his kit, specifically citing his E as the prime example, was underpowered (until the jungle started overvaluing sustain). So, that's one outright untruth there. Besides pointing out the place where you are lying, I don't really have any interest in engaging someone being a goose like this, so...

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    New Tales:

emL2eNx.jpg
    First the Agility pots, now a HoG... what else does she have stashed in her bag?

Most unrealistic thing about this comic is Teemo not dropping a mushroom on the waiter's head and just leaving.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    New Tales:

emL2eNx.jpg

Most unrealistic thing about this comic is Teemo not dropping a mushroom on the waiter's head and just leaving.

Nah, thats not evil enough.

Polaritie wrote: »
    New Tales:

emL2eNx.jpg

Nah, thats not evil enough.
    Well, it's already ambiguous to me whether he's ditched them with the bill and will just sneak out later after they pay.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    It's pretty easy to forget that in the lore Teemo is a psychopath who loves killing.

steam_sig.png
  • MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Roz wrote: »
    I'm sitting home today, kinda bored while I wait for my wife to come home, and I'm thinking of movie/league crossover movies that would be fun to watch.

For Example:

Chasing Singed

Delight in this romantic horror comedy as Vi and group of her closest friends chase Singed across runeterra to hilarious and disastrous results! It's the perfect mix of whimsy, romance, and sheer determination that will take you on a swirl of adventure!

CvowEcY.png

Original for reference:
    6hVStJH.jpg

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
    Did OGN play on 4.20?

Yes.

wbBv3fj.png
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I have really enjoyed duo bot as a CC heavy support with Kalista.

A free flash with knock up for initiation? Sounds good. But its a shame she seems to have a tough time capitalizing on it.

cptrugged wrote: »
    I have really enjoyed duo bot as a CC heavy support with Kalista.

A free flash with knock up for initiation? Sounds good. But its a shame she seems to have a tough time capitalizing on it.

Leona + Kalista just deletes anyone Zenith Blade hits in lane. Proc both their passives, a free Q nuke, and then a couple autos from both and Rend for the execute. They explode, basically their whole health bar goes red in an instant.

Other supports are less able ti set that up thoufgh, but two people who both have bonus damage when their lanemate attacks next is insane,

• JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Isn't Warwick, even after the Devourer nerf, with a Devourer and Wit's End still throwing out pretty outrageous Rs? I saw Cowsep do a hybrid Warwick jungle where he got a Devourer, Wit's End and Nashor's before the opponents concession. He was like 11/4/0 or some bullshit by 20.
    Those changes aren't live yet, so yes, Warwick is still outrageous.

This discussion has been closed.