As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Android:Netrunner] The only time Bad Publicity isn't a thing to worry about.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Englad is a small island, how far away can middle of nowhere be?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    England is a small island, how far away can middle of nowhere be?

England may be a small island, but it's also a breeding ground for space-time folds and non-euclidean geometry. One simply has to pass through a wardrobe, hop over a wall, head into the London Underground, or walk through bricks at the end of a train platform, and they may inadvertently find themselves in the middle of a vast and uncharted land.

In such a country, one can simultaneously be both thousands of kilometers away from London while also being in the middle of it.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Englad is a small island, how far away can middle of nowhere be?

'bout 600 miles, Great Britain is highly fractal in a way people from continental interiors find hard to grasp

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Houn wrote: »

England may be a small island, but it's also a breeding ground for space-time folds and non-euclidean geometry. One simply has to pass through a wardrobe, hop over a wall, head into the London Underground, or walk through bricks at the end of a train platform, and they may inadvertently find themselves in the middle of a vast and uncharted land.

In such a country, one can simultaneously be both thousands of kilometers away from London while also being in the middle of it.

Dunno, man. On my recent trip, I found the Underground entirely delightful ...
    It's worth mentioning it takes less time to fly from Canada to England than it does to fly to the other side of Canada. Our perceptions are definitely, wonderfully, and intriguingly different.

ArcticLancer on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Houn wrote: »

England may be a small island, but it's also a breeding ground for space-time folds and non-euclidean geometry.

All the time travel and tears in reality have really destabilized the region.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    It surprised me to learn just how tiny England was.

Like, I'd often hear Japan referred to as a "small island nation" but Japan is like 50% bigger than the whole UK.

Inquisitor wrote: »
    It surprised me to learn just how tiny England was.

Like, I'd often hear Japan referred to as a "small island nation" but Japan is like 50% bigger than the whole UK.

Yeah its not big (Great Britain is slightly smaller than Honshu), but anyone referring to Japan as a small island nation in the first place is a bit of a dolt.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Most countries look small compared to 'Murrica.

On topic, I miss this game. That forum game was very unsatisfying, and I am sad that it might have been the last I'll ever play.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is there a way to play OCTGN games not in real time?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Many thanks to @Cerberus for providing the massive deck infodump that is now in the second post.

• EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    Many thanks to @Cerberus for providing the massive deck infodump that is now in the second post.

Looks good to me.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    A friend just pointed out I missed a key archetype, NBN Never Advance... Will put something together for it.

• Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    Some O&C speculation:
    It just occurred to me how badly Cyberdex Virus Suite fucks Atman, Crypsis, and Datasucker based tactics in general. If the corp has one installed, they can just use its trash effect whenever the runner hits a high strength Destroyer and kill a program if they don't have a backup breaker.

As someone who hate Katman with every fiber of his being, I rejoice.
    As someone who wanted to make a Darwin deck work, I weep.

Some O&C speculation:
    It just occurred to me how badly Cyberdex Virus Suite fucks Atman, Crypsis, and Datasucker based tactics in general. If the corp has one installed, they can just use its trash effect whenever the runner hits a high strength Destroyer and kill a program if they don't have a backup breaker.

I dunno Darwin + Virus Breeding ground is only 2 turns to get up to strength 4. In Quetzal with e3 and D4V1d for the >4 strength ice I think it could be solid. Either have very few other viruses or Fester to make cleaning up Darwin expensive for the corp. You're steadily ticking up and the corp only has so many CVS's (which are 3 to rez if you want to use the trash ability) to get through.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    So I played a half dozen casual games with my adjusted Noise deck last night. Won every single game convincingly. I had more money than I've ever seen an Anarch have, even if I was using Crypsis as my main icebreaker (had morningstar and mimic backup) so the icebreaker efficiency was pretty low. It was incredibly fun, though, and felt really quite consistent over the course of the night.

I'm actually thinking I might take a break from my PPVP Kate deck to play Noise for a while until I get my copies of the latest two datapacks. For some reason they haven't arrived in stores here in Australia yet, so I ended up just ordering them on amazon the other day.

Some O&C speculation:

If the spoilers for it are fully accurate, it works in archives too! :O

Dis' wrote: »
    I dunno Darwin + Virus Breeding ground is only 2 turns to get up to strength 4. In Quetzal with e3 and D4V1d for the >4 strength ice I think it could be solid. Either have very few other viruses or Fester to make cleaning up Darwin expensive for the corp. You're steadily ticking up and the corp only has so many CVS's (which are 3 to rez if you want to use the trash ability) to get through.
    Right, I forgot about the rez cost. Not as cheap as I though, especialy with a fester or two out.
    Anzekay wrote: »
    If the spoilers for it are fully accurate, it works in archives too! :O
    Snow-Jax hasn't been wrong yet. You're right about archives, too. That would shut down the standard tactic of running archives for datasucker tokens. At least, not without a Security testing or something. I kinda like the datasucker hate. It's too ubiquitous.

• grungeboxgrungebox Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Cerberus wrote: »
    A friend just pointed out I missed a key archetype, NBN Never Advance... Will put something together for it.

Those Dedicated Response Team/100-remote decks might also be thrown in there? Or maybe that's too new a type

grungebox on
    Quail is just hipster chicken
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    One of my Leela games from the last tournament just got posted/commentated! One of my matches with the guy who took first. It was a fun one, but I definitely made some mistakes.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=f5_6Y5-P5Xk

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Some O&C speculation:

atman uses power counters, not virus counters

as of right now, there is no way for the corp to interact with them directly

Shorty wrote: »
    Some O&C speculation:

I assumed he was talking about how purging datasucker tokens would mess with Atman usage.

grungebox wrote: »

Those Dedicated Response Team/100-remote decks might also be thrown in there? Or maybe that's too new a type

What decks are those? Not seen them...

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/8916/n-e-a-r-p-a-d

Basically, NEH with 3x DRT, 3x Encryption Protocol, and a shit load of asset economy and recursion. Play them faster than they can break them. DRT is amazing denial when they're 5 to trash, and you can interns them back in.

edited December 2014
    So, I'm looking at some of the new support cards for Anarch in Lunar and O&C. I'll spoiler this because I know some of you prefer not being... spoiled.
    We've got Progenitor, which lets us host a virus for no memory and lets it keep one virus counter during a purge. Then there's Incubator, who gets a virus counter every turn and can trash itself to move the counters to another card. Hivemind starts out with 1 virus counter (two for Grimoire), and that counter is considered to be hosted on all other viruses. Last up is Fester, which isn't virus support per se, but punishes the corp for trashing our viruses.

What I'm seeing here is a lot of support for Darwin. Get out Grimoire, put three Progenitors out with Hiveminds on them, and then play Darwin. Darwin is now STR 6, and if the corp purges, STR 3 plus the one you get to add for free. Now, getting three copies each of two cards is pretty impossible, but even getting two Progenitors to protect a Hivemind and Darwin means that you're at worst STR 3 when your turn starts. Get DAVID for STR5+ and a single Incubator for those pesky STR 4s, and you're in business.

The deck seems slow at first, but all you need is Darwin and a Cyberfeeder to get started. If they purge early game, that's just more time for you to set up. By the time late game comes, you should have your Hiveminds and Festers ready for action.

edit: Hivemind is unique, it seems.

edit 2: Virus Breeding Ground is also pretty neat, and it's immune to purging virus counters. One click per counter is pretty nasty, but it might be better than Incubator.

Carnarvon on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »

Basically, NEH with 3x DRT, 3x Encryption Protocol, and a shit load of asset economy and recursion. Play them faster than they can break them. DRT is amazing denial when they're 5 to trash, and you can interns them back in.

that deck seems....weird

like I can see it running out of gas in lategame when it's got a ton of money but no way to leverage it into a win

that deck seems....weird

like I can see it running out of gas in lategame when it's got a ton of money but no way to leverage it into a win

If the runner accesses a Snare! or TGTBT, you can rez DRTs which will actually fire. It's essentially a shell-game deck that scores in undefended remotes and tries to tag the runner.

I honestly couldn't tell you if it's remotely competitive or not. If I was going to mention it to new players, I'd notate it under a 'Shell Game' archeytpe.

it's close, it's definitely not a bad idea, but I feel like any deck with DRT desperately needs 3 data ravens

and interns might be overkill, 3 of them definitely is

• grungeboxgrungebox Registered User regular
    Yeah, basically any shell game deck with NEH and 3x Dedicated Response Team and some combination of Snare/TGTBT/Encryption Protocol/Data Ravens/Manhunt/City Surveillance. I think some variant of that has won the last 1 or 2 tournaments around here.

In hindsight, that isn't really a huge deck type yet, I don't think I saw anyone play it at Worlds, so probably not worth including.

Quail is just hipster chicken
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Also, 3 DRT (9) and 3 Snare! (6) is a lot of influence. NEH can just afford 2 Encryption Protocol, though I think the new Executive Boot Camp is also really good in this deck, and that means nothing for ice (and NBN ice is kind of crappy). That said, it has teeth, and I did run into one of these at a tournament recently.

Anzekay wrote: »
    Some O&C speculation:

I assumed he was talking about how purging datasucker tokens would mess with Atman usage.

I was indeed referring to the practice of Atman at 4 and using datasuckers to keep grims/archers/inuzumas low.
    I think the corp would have to use the purge while the ice is still unrezzed to prevent the runner from just dumping their datasucker tokens and jacking out. Goosing shaper has a dozen ways of getting atman back, but making them spend 7 creds and a testrun/clone chip is a good trade, imo.

Huh, cool.
    I've never seen or played it. I imagine its fun though. I'm not sure its common enough to include in the archetypes bit but I'm glad you pointed it out.

edited December 2014
    Second Pack of the SanSan cycle was announced, Breaker Bay.

hayley-kaplan.png

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Second Pack of the SanSan cycle was announced, Breaker Bay.

hayley-kaplan.png

Amazing art, really cool ability.

Also the new Shaper console is going STRAIGHT into my PPVP Kate deck. Wooooowww

There's a LOT of cool stuff in that announcement.

Is it wrong that whenever I look at Game Day, I immediately think PACKERS WON THE SUPERBOWL! WOO! from MST3K?

persona4celestia.jpg
    There's a LOT of cool stuff in that announcement.

Is it wrong that whenever I look at Game Day, I immediately think PACKERS WON THE SUPERBOWL! WOO! from MST3K?

When I look at it I see someone playing it with 3 Origami installed.

Just... Wow.

I think Breaker Bay Grid just fired Amazon.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited December 2014
    I think Breaker Bay Grid just fired Amazon.

Doesn't it say 'in' the server, meaning only assets and upgrades rather than ice?

Anzekay on
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    So Hayley Kaplan is pretty good. Might actually make a stealth build work.

Comet seems pretty nuts in a PPVP Kate deck.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I need to somehow get comet into my Chaos Theory event/oracle deck.

Problem is that it's hardware so it is likely to end up in the heap from the oracle...hm.

Mikey CTS wrote: »
    So Hayley Kaplan is pretty good. Might actually make a stealth build work.

Comet seems pretty nuts in a PPVP Kate deck.

I just realised that her ability lets you install a second card when using things like Clone Chip or SMC. That's super interesting!

This discussion has been closed.