As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] So much fun you could burst a blood vessel

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I have really enjoyed duo bot as a CC heavy support with Kalista.

A free flash with knock up for initiation? Sounds good. But its a shame she seems to have a tough time capitalizing on it.

Leona + Kalista just deletes anyone Zenith Blade hits in lane. Proc both their passives, a free Q nuke, and then a couple autos from both and Rend for the execute. They explode, basically their whole health bar goes red in an instant.

Other supports are less able ti set that up thoufgh, but two people who both have bonus damage when their lanemate attacks next is insane,

Kalita's W passive counts as her damage too, so that should proc Leona's bonus damage if Leona can Auto-Q instead of just Q'ing

wbBv3fj.png
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    WELL

I got to level 6 and have started playing ARAMs to try to get the hang of playing against actual humans and with different champs. Mostly I'm getting my butt kicked, but I'm having fun :)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    WELL

I got to level 6 and have started playing ARAMs to try to get the hang of playing against actual humans and with different champs. Mostly I'm getting my butt kicked, but I'm having fun :)

Teamfights are really chaotic and hard to read at first, and ARAM is all teamfights all the time. In some ways, just playing summoner's rift might be easier because you get to spend a lot of time just playing 1v1 or 2v2. (That said, if you like ARAM, by all means do it. I just find it overwhelming at times).

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    They tax different things. ARAM is all teamfight all the time -- but the only major strategic decisions are if you should intentionally eat a death to buy or not kill a fleeing low health opponent to delay their buy. SR builds a lot of pressure around how you strategically approach the map (When should I back? What lane should I go to? Should I roam? Where do I need to secure vision? What could the enemy be doing that I need to deny?) and secure advantages during laning (When can I trade? Is a gank likely? Should I be warding? Can I freeze this? What do I need to worry about in this matchup?).

A lot of the time, I prefer the "all you need to worry about is killing" pace of ARAM. Just sit back and try to avoid all the poke while getting your own stuff in.

Dehumanized on
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    A lot of the time, I prefer the "all you need to worry about is killing" pace of ARAM. Just sit back and try to avoid all the poke while getting your own stuff in.

uh... this isn't how you're supposed to approach SR?

• MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    Did a pro toplane streamer do a bunch of top Vayne games? Because two games in a row with top vayne when I never saw it ever while playing ranked last season. Let me tell you Rengar vs Vayne is not a fun match up for Rengar I managed to keep with in 10 CS of her in lane and just ganked otherlanes with my ult while my TP was up.

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
    edited December 2014
    Roz wrote: »

no SR is 100% ~rotations~ ~map awareness~ ~jungle paths~ ~sneaking a dragon~

i just wanna toot the horn of howling abyss tankiness over and over while throwing dumb mundo cleavers at 5 other dudes

edit: I am calling the cleavers dumb not mundo i use the incredible hulk mundo skin therefore he is v smart in polite conversation

Dehumanized on
    edited December 2014

i just wanna toot the horn of howling abyss tankiness over and over while throwing dumb mundo cleavers at 5 other dudes

edit: I am calling the cleavers dumb not mundo i use the incredible hulk mundo skin therefore he is v smart in polite conversation

Roz only has two modes in SR.... 'Kill' and 'Currently Killing'.

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Its why I play talon.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »

Roz only has two modes in SR.... 'Kill' and 'Currently Killing'.

:twisted:

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Did a pro toplane streamer do a bunch of top Vayne games? Because two games in a row with top vayne when I never saw it ever while playing ranked last season. Let me tell you Rengar vs Vayne is not a fun match up for Rengar I managed to keep with in 10 CS of her in lane and just ganked otherlanes with my ult while my TP was up.
    I think so, I remember toplane Vayne being a thing last season. Hell, I know I played it a few times with a tanky support and jungler. Toplane Quinn, too.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    Sounds like something Michael "I'm a cute pie" Santana would do on his Smurf

edited December 2014
    More OGN tomorrow. Let the 100% pick/ban Warwick game continue.

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    I assume whoever designed the poro critter for HA has been given a promotion and gold plated mansion by now.

It's the no thought required addition to sell any skin, game mode or merchandise.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm kind of officially done with poros. They're cute and all, but Riot's leaned on them way too hard these last couple of years.

• MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Haha, I'm nowhere near done with Poros -- fully intend to get Winter Wonder Lulu, Sejuani, and Orianna if I have the spare cash. :p

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    They abandoned Yordles as the cute LoL mascots and went for the next big cute thing
    Its a cycle that never ends

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

Yeah that's why I've been playing it. There's A LOT of pressure on in SR, and ARAM forces me to try champs I would never use. Like... I'm not even good enough to move beyond bots yet in SR.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm kind of officially done with poros. They're cute and all, but Riot's leaned on them way too hard these last couple of years.

Would you rather they ship more Urf?

Joe K wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »

Would you rather they ship more Urf?

Urf was only once a year, it feels like they go to the poro well a lot more than that.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I'll take poros over more Teemo or Annie skins anyday.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Poro themed Teemo skin. He wears a PoroKing costume and drops idle poros on the map. When people step over them they pop into the 10 miniporos just like when you overfeed them.

Naturally, a fuzzy Annie skin with a Poroking summon.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i wish i saw poros as much as you think we see poros

i think the perception might be skewed by how often players talk about them

liEt3nH.png
  • SquatfurdSquatfurd 9000 feetRegistered User regular
    I wish there was always a bonus gamemode. I loved the shit out of the shurima event and especially hexakill on TT.

League of Legends: DingusSquatfurd
    B.net: Squatfurd#1814
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Sometimes, sometimes LS just gets someone who he's coaching who drives him to drink, I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TArVoK8hvbI&feature=share

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    What amazingly shitty coaching.

Player: "I don't understand how to get better"
    LastShadow: "just play more"

Wow, such help. He doesn't explain anything (and contradicted himself a bunch).

wbBv3fj.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    i wish i saw poros as much as you think we see poros

i think the perception might be skewed by how often players talk about them

They've featured heavily in, what, the Freljord update, Braum's release, and two Christmas events now? And that includes getting a full game mode dedicated to them, as well as a flash game.

That's quite a lot of attention on them relative to pretty much anything else in the game.

• LefLef Registered User regular
    Watching pre-season OGN and man is it refreshing to see the Lee Sin versus Elise matchup. Its almost as novel as finally getting to see Oriana get played, and versus a Zed even! /s

I'm perpetually saddened by professional league at this point. Riot seems to want to shake things up but until there are some structural changes to bans and they actually accomplish their goals in the jungle there's just not enough going on to be interesting anymore.

Their stubborn insistence on sticking to six bans even as the champion pool has ballooned the way it has will always baffle me.

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Six bans, six picks, four bans, four picks. That seems way more relevant.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    edited December 2014
    Lef wrote: »
    Watching pre-season OGN and man is it refreshing to see the Lee Sin versus Elise matchup. Its almost as novel as finally getting to see Oriana get played, and versus a Zed even! /s

I'm perpetually saddened by professional league at this point. Riot seems to want to shake things up but until there are some structural changes to bans and they actually accomplish their goals in the jungle there's just not enough going on to be interesting anymore.

You're in a serious minority with that opinion I am afraid. Don't misunderstand me you're allowed to have this view. The main thing about sports and this is starting to apply to esports is it starts to become less about rule changes and changing things up and more about solid team brand building and player personalities. As long as their are players like Faker and personalities like Doublelift and teams like TSM league will grow.

Viewership is up, the competitive scene is larger. Pick diversity in team comps is quiet high. To give you a stat; 43% of the champion pool thats 52/120 champions were picked or banned during the online portion of the challenger series. OGN just had some fun picks and I am sure IEM will show some interesting stuff as well.

The one thing I will argue is, I don't think you've watched enough competitive matches if you're surprised by the Orianna into Zed pick. Orianna is the go to midlaner against assassins because she can shield a lot of harass and poke from good range, while also remaining relevant in a lot of team comps.

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I don't see much point in increasing the number of bans. Once the dominion specific nerfs hit we also dropped our number of bans from 10 back down to the standard 6.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited December 2014
    Talith wrote: »
    I don't see much point in increasing the number of bans. Once the dominion specific nerfs hit we also dropped our number of bans from 10 back down to the standard 6.

Agreed I don't see the point either to be perfectly honest. Dont get me wrong LoL has a lot of things I'd love to change but the number of bans isn't it, maybe the way they do it might make it more interesting.

They are aware of it: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/zfz9XJpE-preseason-2015-qa?comment=00d30000
    Morello wrote:
    We're looking at Pick/Ban, but it's not part of this set of stuff

(I also don't think increasing bans is good, but changing how we do picks and bans is).

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    RE: top lane Vayne, Voyboy is now streaming a lot on Twitch most days, and it's not uncommon at all for him to play Vayne/Kalista top lane. So that might be where some of that is trickling down from. He used to do Ezreal top a lot too but i haven't seen that in a while.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

I've never even heard of that dude before.

I've never even heard of that dude before.

He is pretty famous among the reddit community, he has been a coach for a lot of the challenger teams, he is also highly regarded in the professional scene. His personality got a lot bigger after coaching Gamers2 and Ocolote decided not to pay him at all for the work he did with them and he basically said "because Ocolote didn't pay me, any challenger team that does will get 12 hours of gamers2 recorded chat as well coaching on all their weaknesses"

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
    I am not sure "highly regarded" is the right words. He has a history of cheating (twice in official Starcraft tournaments) and charging for coaching then not delivering.

wbBv3fj.png
  • dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    I am not sure "highly regarded" is the right words. He has a history of cheating (twice in official Starcraft tournaments) and charging for coaching then not delivering.

You mean "play more get better" isn't good coaching?

This discussion has been closed.