As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Why are you excited for Pax South?

• MidanMidan Registered User regular
    Yea I have heard a lot about first Pax's being amazing and how nice everyone is. This is going to be so great since I work in convenience store I don't really get a whole lot of nice around me so I will be soaking it in!

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    I'm excited for most of the reasons others have said. This will be the first time I go somewhere other than east, and first paxes at a new place are awesome. Also, New place means new awesome people going for the first time.

• MrAGeezieMrAGeezie OklahomaRegistered User regular
    This will be my first Pax event so I'm excited about that. Also excited about going w/ my buddies, AbdallahSmash026 & StreetpassPrinceton (Abdallah/Nick). I want to become involved and enjoy everything.. so pumped about it!

Come check out my channel for ALL your Pokemon and Nintendo coverage.
    MrAGeezie - www.youtube.com/MrAGeezie
    There seems to be a lot of first timers going to South! I really think they did good by putting one down here, it gives a lot of us that wouldn't normally have a chance to go to a pax to get to go!

• rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    My wife is preggers and is Due the weekend of PAX East so I'm being a good husband flying the PAX South and missing PAX East.

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    A bunch of reasons:
    • This will be my first time to an inaugural PAX and I'm glad I managed it before they stopped expanding.
    • Never been to San Antonio and I'm going a couple days early to explore with some fellow PAX peeps so that should be a whole lot of fun.
    • New PAX means a larger than usual new crop of Enforcers to meet.
    • It's always fun seeing Attendees experience PAX for the first time, and I expect there will be a lot of that, especially if this thread is any indication
    • Want to be in Texas instead of Maryland for a week in the coldest part of Winter? Yes, please.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »
    Midan wrote: »
    But I have not heard of pin trading yet.

It's Penny Arcade's answer to the Disney pin trading. Here's a link to the official Pinny Arcade site http://penny-arcade.com/pinny-arcade

You can also check out the sub forum Pinny Arcade where all us pin fanatics gather.

First rule of Pin Club! >.<

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • edgeiconedgeicon Registered User new member
    • My first PAX
    • I finally can go back to San Antonio (awesome city)
    • See friends!
    • learn new games!
    • network a bit I hope!
    • ??????
    • profit

• QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    But I have not heard of pin trading yet.

It's Penny Arcade's answer to the Disney pin trading. Here's a link to the official Pinny Arcade site http://penny-arcade.com/pinny-arcade

You can also check out the sub forum Pinny Arcade where all us pin fanatics gather.

First rule of Pin Club! >.<

First rule of pin club, get as many other people as you can addicted to Pin Club?

So is it too early to think and talk about what possible games will be at South to demo? Cause I am excited for that!! I really hope Arkham Knight will be there to demo since they pushed back the release date. Also I have been looking at old video of past pax's and some of the displays in the expo hall looks amazing! Like full sized statues! And the whole sonic bunch with a back drop to take pictures with! I hope there will be plenty of displays for us to oogle and awwgle at!

The Expo hall gets more extravagant as time goes forward. The "Evolve" display this year was pretty nuts. Interested to see what they muster for South

First snowfall in Minneapolis today, 8-12 inches expected. Even more excited to go to SA in January now.

Pins for trade!
  • ScaryGaryScaryGary Registered User regular
    Why I am Excited: Living in Alaska, there are not that many conventions that I actually want to go to, and I have always wanted to go to Pax, plus I am meeting some people I have played games with for many years, and I am just excited to have a blast in Texas!

First Pax: Pax South 2015!!!
    Second Pax: PAX PRIME 2015!!
    Third Pax: PAX SOUTH 2016 GET HYPE!!!!
    Proud Alaskan!
    First snowfall in Minneapolis today, 8-12 inches expected. Even more excited to go to SA in January now.

I'm so jealous :(

I'm so jealous :(
    I got lucky - main snowfall was north of 694 (10+ inches). Metro area only got around 2". I wasn't ready for shoveling yet ;-)

Pins for trade!
    edited November 2014
    Here in north Texas all we got is wind and I mean a lot of wind! Oh but we might get down to freezing tonight! Lol My poor little boy (chihuahua) couldn't even finish his walk cause it was so windy! Like a furry little tumbleweed! Lol

Midan on
  • NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    Hmm... good question. I was at the first PAX East, and now I'd like to be at the first PAX South, especially since I'm from the South originally. But going to PAX alone isn't fun, and I've been to more than enough PAX events now to know how this one is going to go, so maybe it's just that I don't know when to quit. =P

• DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Nijhazer wrote: »
    Hmm... good question. I was at the first PAX East, and now I'd like to be at the first PAX South, especially since I'm from the South originally. But going to PAX alone isn't fun, and I've been to more than enough PAX events now to know how this one is going to go, so maybe it's just that I don't know when to quit. =P

PAX is the reason for the Gathering, the PEOPLE AND EVENTS it attracts are the reason for going. The people that are the most disappointed are those looking for new announcements from Major Companies. This rarely happens at PAX. Yes there are sneak peeks of Betas and the like, but most are rehashes of something you saw a month earlier on some website. If you spend all of your time in the expo hall, you did not go to PAX. Panels, Parties, Events, Private Gaming Parties and so much more are what make PAX ..well PAX. Watch the forums for announcements of these "extra" events and plan your trip carefully. I am not saying the floor is bad, it is awesome, but that is the equivalent of going to a football game, watching the kick off, going to the bar, and returning for the final play of the game.

• FireflyKSFireflyKS KansasRegistered User new member
    I'm excited to be going to my first PAX. I've been wanting to go to one for a couple years now but this is the first time I could afford it.

• Madhatter84Madhatter84 Registered User new member
    edited November 2014
    1. This will be my first PAX and what better way to start my PAX experience than by attending the first PAX South!!!!
    2. I have a group of friends that are wanting to go and nothing is better than going and checking out PAX than going with people who will enjoy it as much as you will.
    3. Because....... VIDJIA GAMES!!!!!!!!!!

Madhatter84 on
  • MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    I'm excited to be attending a PAX that I can drive to. I'm super excited about PAX South because I didn't get to go to East this year with my friends and now one of my friends is flying down to do South with us. I'm excited to continue my tradition of bringing someone new into the PAX fold. Finally, I'm excited to be leading the effort on the first ever PAX South challenge coin! I've purchased the coin for every PAX I've attended and this year I get to help make sure others get this awesome, and limited, piece of what our community is all about! 66 days, I'm ready!

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
    I think a lot of people are driving down for South, we would've flown but the only air port near us is an hour away and all it does is fly you to the real airport in Dallas! lol so driving it is! But the further south you go the prettier the scenery so it will be a nice drive! So I have heard about the challenge coin a couple times but what exactly is it? I was thinking it was like a collectors coin, is that correct?

• DuckSeasonDuckSeason Registered User regular
    My first con of any stripe, so that is exciting. Mainly just looking forward to seeing that famous positive PAX glow that I've heard so much about. Now just wanting to see what panels will be announced, hoping for some surprises.

@Midan There is a challenge coin thread on the main page with all the info. I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll just direct you there.

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
  • LegerdemainLegerdemain Corvallis, ORRegistered User new member
    I'm stoked and here's why:

-This is my first "inaugural" PAX
    -I've never had real Texas barbecue before
    -A Shot of Fire and Ice sounds like a blast
    -I'm getting a tattoo in Dallas a week earlier and I'm super pumped.

So we are now officially only 50 days till South, only a month and half left! I think it is now an appropriate time to get excited and geek out all over the place!! :D

• gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    So we are now officially only 50 days till South, only a month and half left! I think it is now an appropriate time to get excited and geek out all over the place!! :D

This. I had posted a few times months ago. I had to stop thinking about Pax and hunker down in my day to day life--it was just too early. Now I'm back and ready to get excited for Pax! I hope we get music info soon.

They just released the musical guests for pax south! Super excited! I hope this means they will put out the panels soon. I know it is usually sent out around a month before but since a month before is at Christmas I figure they will probably let us know a little early, or a little late.... I'm hoping for a little early!

• RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    Hey all

I've been MIA for the past few years. I'm excited for PAX South because it is my first PAX since PAX East 2010/2011

• AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular

There is a place on the Riverwalk called County Line BBQ. My god, the food.. and and and the servings! As most things on the Riverwalk its a bit pricey but well worth it IMO.

• laurentheflutelaurentheflute Leader of The Returners AustinRegistered User regular
    I'm excited because PAX has finally come to me. :D I barely have to go anywhere to get there! How exciting is that?

I think this will probably be the biggest con I've ever been to (I went to Anime Expo over a decade ago, I used to go to A-kon every year, and I go to MAGFest pretty regularly, but I think this is bigger than any of those). How much will it dwarf every other event ever? Should I be prepared to be overwhelmed, even if I think I'm old hat at convention-going?

I got self-conscious about having a self-promotional signature. Now I don't have one anymore. HI, I'M LAUREN, I PLAY MUSIC AND VIDEO GAMES
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I expect the first PAX South won't be *that* huge. Gotta have room to grow!

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm excited because PAX has finally come to me.

Yeah, this is the big part for me. Amusingly, right around the start of East last year I was trying to plan for Prime or Australia. Then I see the Q&A session tweets start flying about San Antonio and I'm saying "WHY ISN'T IT JANUARY YET?!"

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
    I want to put a countdown on my phone so every time I open it I get to see pax getting ever closer!!! Now I just have to find an app like that.....

• kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    I'm excited to check out San Antonio. Only ever been to the Dallas Airport. I want to eat real BBQ!

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00

I live in Dallas, so let me know when you get here and I'll tell you where to get good BBQ in the Dallas area.

• AxonAxon Registered User regular
    kube00 wrote: »
    I'm excited to check out San Antonio. Only ever been to the Dallas Airport. I want to eat real BBQ!

May I recommend http://www.saltlickbbq.com/

• MidasMidas Registered User new member
    It's PAX in my town... I don't have to travel or rent a hotel. I can show up, work/enjoy, go home and sleep and come back.

Also for you BBQ people, if somebody recommends Bill Miller's... slap them.

I am excited also for the travel! As much as I love my little old town in the middle of no where. It will be nice to get out of it and go to a city (a big city at that.) I live where the drought has hit pretty hard so it will be nice to go south and see some trees and maybe even grass! Lol