As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MLP: Half the ponies, twice the excitement! Season 5 in Spring 2015!!!

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Bremen wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    hm not reading that. should I abandon thread for a few months?

No, it's just a really minor spoiler about a certain character getting a song.
    Hm, yup looks like I can't hang around. See y'all in S5

edit: meh, not really worth leaving until S5 if I can't whine about the card game coming out next week. I'll just click every spoiler instead and not make the usual round of posts.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular

edit: meh, not really worth leaving until S5 if I can't whine about the card game coming out next week. I'll just click every spoiler instead and not make the usual round of posts.

Is that a joke? I mean, I spent several minutes considering my post to make sure it could not have even the slightest spoiler for S5 before posting it.

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Is season 5 the dark season?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

Yeah, I'm relatively spoiler averse, but that one doesn't even rate.

What I'm really hoping is that spoiler hints at the name of the song.
    Break the Sky would be the best song name ever.

Ruldar on
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Spoiled for size, not for spoilers:
    the_almighty_alicorns_by_mickeymonster-d88300s.png

Stabbity_Style.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh man, I may need to go back and get a picture of this.

A customer at work returned one of those talking Pinkie dolls from the Black Friday sales.

Reason: "It won't stop talking."

I... Think that's a feature, not a bug.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular

Is that a joke? I mean, I spent several minutes considering my post to make sure it could not have even the slightest spoiler for S5 before posting it.
    I'm just that anal. So instead of having the usual discussions about what I think are spoilers and such, I'll just spoil myself instead.

So just did the prerelease here for Canterlot games. Got a shirt. Crystal.deck was fun for limited but I'm not sure what cards the new set will bring for constructed. I'll be making a CMC deck, it probably won't be good though. I'll also make a deck using the new Dr. Hooves card (might go with CMC). It is a 3 cost 0 power card that gets +1 for each Dr. Hooves in the discard pile. You can currently have 12 Dr. Hooves in your deck.

jCyyTSo.png
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    That's too perfect for them to change, but I do wonder if we'll see another Dr. Hooves incarnation.

newSig.jpg
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular

I'm just that anal. So instead of having the usual discussions about what I think are spoilers and such, I'll just spoil myself instead.

So just did the prerelease here for Canterlot games. Got a shirt. Crystal.deck was fun for limited but I'm not sure what cards the new set will bring for constructed. I'll be making a CMC deck, it probably won't be good though. I'll also make a deck using the new Dr. Hooves card (might go with CMC). It is a 3 cost 0 power card that gets +1 for each Dr. Hooves in the discard pile. You can currently have 12 Dr. Hooves in your deck.

You only need 4 Ultra Rare cards. Ultra Rare cards being the Devil, with requisite Rare cards being the Abomination risen from the sea of blood.

• TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    And don't forget promotional cards, which are only available to the select few who have been born with the mark of luck, their ancestors having slaughtered numerous goats in sacrifice to the card gods.

(Spoiler for card complaining)
    Though in all honesty, the way Enterplay are handling promo cards is beyond stupid. Some of them are essentially impossible to get unless you've won a tournament, and they're also stupid good in the right decks. The latest round of promo cards are easier to find, being available in special box sets that some have bought at Wal-Mart and Target - but there's only one card per pack, so you have to buy three boxes just to get a playset.

Beyond that, Hooves: Unblinking is pretty much as hard to find as a real unicorn these days, even if you're willing to pay out the nose for him.

Edit: Oh yeah, by the way. Someone came up with a new One Turn Kill deck, which you can read about here. Not as consistent as the previous one, but this one can win the game on turn three. Combine that with the new slower cards that the devs have put out, and you're essentially hosed if you're not running a super-fast deck yourself.

I hate being 'that guy' and saying this, but at this point this game might not be worth playing. It's fairly broken, and the devs have made it pretty obvious they don't know how to balance or playtest.

TetraNitroCubane on
    I totally understand TNC. Stepping away really showed me how you need to be on that bleeding edge to stay competitive and pump a horse load of money into the game (either in buying loads of packs or outrageous singles).

Kinda wish I could find a decent game to play that didn't require such a cash sink. I already have Warhammer for that.

newSig.jpg
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Even beyond being competitive, it has an impact elsewhere, too. My LGS essentially went dry of players for the game when the previous OTK deck made everyone hate the meta, and we're not really hardcore about the game. Even the casual folks just stopped showing up, because they faced that deck and just decided the game was no longer worth playing. This new OTK deck is faster, easier to play, and cheaper to construct. I fear it's going to scare off even more players, which are already in short supply.

TetraNitroCubane on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    So Persona Q has two characters with voices damn near identical to two ponies, but have different voice actors.

Chie--> Rainbow Dash
    Rei--> Sweetie Bell(e?)

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I kid you not.
    The week or the week after they show all of these they will announce a date when Season 5 starts.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    It's really the "show promo to merch advertising with no change of tone" that really gets me on those ads. No speeding up as a kind of rush tacked on at the end, no secondary announcer to lighten the mood, just that same baritone "We sell stuff too. Remember that this is really a 22 minute toy commercial."

newSig.jpg
    My mind is blown how amazingly accurate and detailed some fans are when it comes to 3D modeling even if it is EQG.
    Rainbow Dash
    Rocking out
    Sunset Shimmer
    Fluttershy

The guy is working on Rarity next and it takes him about 12 hours from start to finish.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    There's a whole bunch of DRM-free Pony comics as a Humble Bundle, if anyone is interested.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    MrqpSyQ.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Hey so I don't post here a lot, but I was wondering if somebody here could help me with something. I remember listening to this one song a few years ago, it was made by taking things Pinkie Pie said and doing the whole remix thing where they put it to music and shuffle it around, they also slowed it down a bunch so it sounded sort of creepy? And I really liked it, but I lost my old bookmarks and I can't find it, and I'm wondering if I'm crazy or if someone knows what I'm talking about.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    I'm not sure if this is it, but it's what comes to mind when you say "taking things Pinkie Pie said and doing the whole remix thing". There's no slowdown, really, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZo1p3YfR-g

Also, bonus awesome video in the same style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFNtwSUX3ls

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's the sort of thing I meant (taking clips and mixing them around for musical effect) but it was from like the first season, maybe the second? And it slowed down for the middle part where it says Pinkie say "dum dum dum" so it's really low? And like her head appears in little solo bubble things? (like when they show just someone's head for a picture in picture sort of thing)

Man I'm explaining this bad but yeah. It was like a first season thing and it had lots of bits from the first two episodes.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Corridor of Cupcakes, maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNDMEVJzvfQ

Yes! That's it! Thanks so much man, I was looking all for that.

Now when I check out Keith Thompson's art the experience will be complete

No problem! It's one of my favorites. Unanimous Delivers made some of the most iconic videos of the early days. Makes me a little nostalgic.

• gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    down down DOOOOOOWNNNnnnnn.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
    edited December 2014
    Once again I'm reminded that I'm old, or something. Just don't get the appeal of that style of remix.

Ruldar on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    @Lord_Asmodeus‌ I thought you were maybe talking about this one, (by the slowed down creepy part).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRP1DUdU3d0

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    Are you sure it wasn't this song of nightmares?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85WJUVBT1I

While we're on the subject, does anyone remember the video that consisted of Twilight walking through a chaotic environment that ended up at the Return of Harmony Discord fight? I've been trying to re-find that one for a while now.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    We all knew this was going to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibnoYVn4NvE

steam_sig.png
    Missed opportunity there not going with Pony Wars: The Horse Awakens.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, I was wondering what was going on with the Funko 'Tia and Luna figures. Just got a e-mail on it, apparently the Celestia one's stuck in the Port of LA logjam mess and they havn't been able to get them in the HT warehouse yet.

Cool that they're going to be refunding the shipping cost on them and going to get them out as soon as possible.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    god_empress_celestia_coloured_by_blueshift2k5-d4emwk3.jpg
    Warhammer Pony-K: Equestria Marines

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    legatus_legionis_by_king_kakapo-d88rvw8.png

Stabbity_Style.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    god_empress_celestia_coloured_by_blueshift2k5-d4emwk3.jpg
    Warhammer Pony-K: Equestria Marines

There's a fanfic that used that picture I think. One in which Celestia was a reincarnation of the Emperor from WH-40K

yX5c6oz.png

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.