As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Relatedly, I am replacing Soulfire with PO in Zoo and Darkbomb in Handlock.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Wooh! Just managed to beat it before my laptop's battery ran out. Was actually pretty fun to retry. BoK on an Ooze while you have a Sword of Justice out is pretty good.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Korror wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I have this strange trepidation because of things like, it looks like enrage warrior may be better and for some reason I feel it's a threat to control warrior which I really like. as though zoo and handlock haven't been equally strong decks for months! I am just scared of change, I need it to happen like a band aid
    There is no more control warrior.

There is no more enrage warrior.

There is no zoo.

No handlock.

There is no meta.

The meta has been destroyed; it exists no more.

Don't stress about it. Embrace portal mage. Embrace techpriest. Embrace wisplock. Embrace Shamloc Murman. Embrace ogrogue. Embrace your new Hearthworld.

While I approve of the spirit behind this post, good decks didn't suddenly become bad because of the new expansion. Zoo is still good, handlock is still a thing, there will still be argo, midrange and control decks. You might even have more success than usual with your standard deck as people will be experimenting with the new cards and it will take time to find out which new cards are good and which are not so good.

In MTG when a new set comes out and everyone is uncertain about the meta, the first few tournaments are usually won by boring red argo decks (the equivalent of zoo or face hunter). If everyone else is playing around with the new cards, you can take advantage of this by playing simple aggressive decks that capitalize on any mistakes made by your opponent.

Oh, I know. I just wanted to role-play Doomsayer a little bit.

But really I just wanted to come up with some bogus deck archetype names.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Odd, after restarting the bug has vanished, although a Flare is showing up in my Hunter deck. It too was fixed after another restart.

While it seems like restarting will solve the problem, it might be worth looking into to avoid problems in the future.

I had sorta the same thing once. If you disenchant all copies of a card that's been altered by Blizzard, before you edit a deck that runs it, the game somehow becomes confused and insists the card is still in your decklist. I was not able to save it untill I removed the deck and restarted my game.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Have they explained how arena rewards will work with GvG? Is it just a random chance at packs of either set?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    CreamstoutCreamstout What you think I program for, to push a fuckin' quad-core? Registered User regular
    I think the Explosive Sheep will see play in a Hunter Control deck. It works great with Feign Death giving a 2 card 4 cost flame strike. Feign Death is going to put Hunter on the map finally...

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Bobkins, once GvG goes live, all arena pack rewards will be GvG packs.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Sheep will see play in all control decks.

Except Paladin, because hello useless hero power if you want to play unstable ghoul or exploding sheep. New paladin cards suck too, forever doomed to be the worst class.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »

Wait, i dont see anything about avenge, why do you have to redo the challenge?

Iunno, that's why I was confused. I figured they might have tweaked the challenge to be less bad or something, but the notes don't mention it.

Two tries later I've managed to build really good boards twice and use oozes effectively but get totally screwed by Twisting Nether.

I dunno either. The Solo Adventures crackles blue, but I don't see anything in it that's new.

Maybe it glows blue because they altered the encounter with Rivendare?
    Baron Rivendare in the Naxxramas Adventure has fixed his heater and will no longer cast Frostbolt on himself.

I would download a car.
  • Options
    CreamstoutCreamstout What you think I program for, to push a fuckin' quad-core? Registered User regular
    Not all of them suck, Coghammer and Scarlet Purifier are both very good.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Coghammer is kind of bonkers. 2/2 divine shield for 2 is really solid in an Arena context and seems like he'd be OK against zoo.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Creamstout wrote: »
    I think the Explosive Sheep will see play in a Hunter Control deck. It works great with Feign Death giving a 2 card 4 cost flame strike. Feign Death is going to put Hunter on the map finally...

This statement genuinely confuses me. Hunter has been probably the single most dominant deck on ladder and one of the top 3 dominant decks in pro tournament play for months. There's a strong case to be made for Hunter being the best deck right now.

edit: Although if you mean put Control Hunter on the map, then maybe yeah. Sharpshooter will help as well.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Korror wrote: »
    I have this strange trepidation because of things like, it looks like enrage warrior may be better and for some reason I feel it's a threat to control warrior which I really like. as though zoo and handlock haven't been equally strong decks for months! I am just scared of change, I need it to happen like a band aid
    There is no more control warrior.

There is no more enrage warrior.

There is no zoo.

No handlock.

There is no meta.

The meta has been destroyed; it exists no more.

Don't stress about it. Embrace portal mage. Embrace techpriest. Embrace wisplock. Embrace Shamloc Murman. Embrace ogrogue. Embrace your new Hearthworld.

While I approve of the spirit behind this post, good decks didn't suddenly become bad because of the new expansion. Zoo is still good, handlock is still a thing, there will still be argo, midrange and control decks. You might even have more success than usual with your standard deck as people will be experimenting with the new cards and it will take time to find out which new cards are good and which are not so good.

In MTG when a new set comes out and everyone is uncertain about the meta, the first few tournaments are usually won by boring red argo decks (the equivalent of zoo or face hunter). If everyone else is playing around with the new cards, you can take advantage of this by playing simple aggressive decks that capitalize on any mistakes made by your opponent.

Oh, I know. I just wanted to role-play Doomsayer a little bit.

But really I just wanted to come up with some bogus deck archetype names.

With quality names like those, I give you full permission to come up with the names for all future hearthstone decks.

Korror on
    Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    Rami wrote: »
    Sheep will see play in all control decks.

Except Paladin, because hello useless hero power if you want to play unstable ghoul or exploding sheep. New paladin cards suck too, forever doomed to be the worst class.

At least that new palladin legendary synergizes with the sheep of boom.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

This statement genuinely confuses me. Hunter has been probably the single most dominant deck on ladder and one of the top 3 dominant decks in pro tournament play for months. There's a strong case to be made for Hunter being the best deck right now.

edit: Although if you mean put Control Hunter on the map, then maybe yeah. Sharpshooter will help as well.

I think that might have been sarcasm.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »

I think that might have been sarcasm.

I had to get up early to drive my wife to the airport I'm really tired and slow today sshhhhh

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    the feign death line was a joke

and I really don't think pally got shit cards. the new legendary isn't good but that's fine. muster is bad? I don't think so. and there's some interesting new cards that buff 1/1s

they were always great at debuffing opponents forever. now they have more ways to make and make use of 1/1s. it seems like there is at least hope, certainly no reason to say they're "forever doomed" in reaction to the new stuff.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

Hmm, so it'll have to be dust if I want any of the older cards?

• Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular

You'll still have the option to buy 'Classic' packs directly for 100g.

I would download a car.
  • Options

If you don't want to use gold to buy the old packs, then yes.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Relatedly, I am replacing Soulfire with PO in Zoo and Darkbomb in Handlock.

Talking about Zoo, I'm thinking about what to replace when GvG comes out.

Cards that I think have potential:
    Fel Rever
    Annoy-a-Tron
    Mirco Machine
    Spider Tank

Cards that I probably will be removing from my deck:
    Soulfire
    Haunted Creeper

Explanations:
    Fell Rever's downside isn't significient for zoo. There's no game critical cards that you care about being discarded and the game should never go to fatigue. The problem is that it completes for a slot with doomguard and I would never cut doomguards from zoo. Does zoo want to play 4 5-drops? I guess we will find out.

Annoy-a-tron is a marginal inclusion but like argent squire it gets much better when you're playing a bunch of buffing minions. Worth watching if the meta shifts towards argo.

Mirco Machine is everything I want in a 2 drop. It's cost efficient by the time you get to attack with it and it can control games if left alone. I think this is on the same level as knife juggler which is a staple in zoo.

Spider tank fills the 3 drop void in zoo. There's not much to play here except for harvest golem and it always felt bad to play a 2/3 for 3.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    Annoy-o-Tron certainly lives up to it's name.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Whenever someone makes a new thread next page, can you add a list to the OP of people that might want to volinteer bnet names so we can get a pool of players to spectate or play against? My damn guild doesnt play hearthstone. I need someone to be able to curse at, hold a grudge, and rub victories in past the available taunts :)

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    the feign death line was a joke

and I really don't think pally got shit cards. the new legendary isn't good but that's fine. muster is bad? I don't think so. and there's some interesting new cards that buff 1/1s

they were always great at debuffing opponents forever. now they have more ways to make and make use of 1/1s. it seems like there is at least hope, certainly no reason to say they're "forever doomed" in reaction to the new stuff.

I think Bolvar could be pretty decent in a control Paladin against another control deck if the game goes really late and you hold him for awhile and you can drop him as one of your last cards with giant attack. Sort of situational, though.

I think Priest maybe got the best new cards, Vol'jin and Shrinkmeister will really help deal with the minions that Priest has the most trouble with.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I did a rogue arena last night and kept forgetting about the 50% chance ogres, ha

That card that gives +4 to weapon/Combo +4 to minion or whatever is sick

iron Samauri + aggro mech deck will be fun I think

So It Goes on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Whenever someone makes a new thread next page, can you add a list to the OP of people that might want to volinteer bnet names so we can get a pool of players to spectate or play against? My damn guild doesnt play hearthstone. I need someone to be able to curse at, hold a grudge, and rub victories in past the available taunts :)

I'm pretty sure Rius' forehead is sore because of all the face palming he did over my arena plays

Still, it was kinda nice to have someone giving you BM scores. I had a high of 3/10!

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

You want a PA spectator list in the OP? I can do that ezpz.

Taking names now people! PM me your forum name and BNET ID.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I did a rogue arena last night and kept forgetting about the 50% chance ogres, ha

That card that gives +4 to weapon/Combo +4 to minion or whatever is sick

iron Samauri + aggro mech deck will be fun I think

Those ogres bypassing taunt was a nasty surprise to me last night. I had read nothing about the expansion before last night, basically.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

You want a PA spectator list in the OP? I can do that ezpz.

Taking names now people! PM me your forum name and BNET ID.

The Sundary Tourney's spreadsheet is probably a good place to start.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I really can't decide what kind of deck I want to build first. I either want to to Control Hunter, Ogrogue or Mechpriest. Or any of a half dozen other ideas.

• Options
    Mechpriest seems very doable.

• Options
    LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    Going to add all the Yuropeans from the google doc in the OP, Hyperion#2765

• Options
    Techpriest is gonna be crazy, I tell ya.

Anyone who says otherwise is a heretic.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Techpriest is gonna be crazy, I tell ya.

Anyone who says otherwise is a heretic.

For the Imperium.

• Options
    Just opened my second Cenarius. Well, it's dust for shrinkmeisters, I guess.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    I am looking forward to Shamurloc, Pirate Rogue, Mechrogue, and Divine Shield Paladin.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    So many good card to dust off my HP UP deck. Everything that increases HP plus inner fire and crazed alchemist. It was always a temperamental deck that was a bit too slow and would often give you a handful of buff and no minions but some of these new cards are fixing some of the issues.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Vol'jin's effect when you play him out looks fucking awesome. That's all.

Also, it is a buff he gains, so you can silence it off, looks like.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Vol'jin's effect when you play him out looks fucking awesome. That's all.

Also, it is a buff he gains, so you can silence it off, looks like.
    But it's an ability that affects another card, yes? Swaps health? So, if you silence Vol'jin, what happens to the other card? Does it still have health 2? Are they considered two separate, unlinked buffs, so they need to be handled separately if you want to silence?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    of course you need to silence the other card to restore its health, silencing vol'jin and affecting an opposing card would be the silliest thing

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.