As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Shot of Ice & Fire: Book One (barcrawl signups are open!)

• Options
    RhykerRhyker South CarolinaRegistered User regular
    After my 17 hour drive I know a drink will be need, so why not, like, 25 instead?!

• Options
    FireflyKSFireflyKS KansasRegistered User new member
    Don't know much about GoT but I'm always down for some drinking.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It's gotta be broken down by Kings, right?

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    omgomgomgmog.

I am trembling with excitement.
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Oh God. Oh God. Oh God.
    scrattatat wrote: »
    I'm so glad I'm going to be around for this.

Just echoing all of the feels I'm feeling right now. So happy I got tickets for this. See you all there!

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I assume you mean tickets for pax south, since there are no tickets for the barcrawl yet?

• Options
    WickershamWickersham Registered User regular
    THE WAR OF THE FIVE KEGS!

• Options
    CyberFeyCyberFey Registered User regular
    I'm so excited! We convinced the group to go down Thursday so we can make this. Any idea of when we'll know more?

• Options
    SteamPoweredSteamPowered Oklahoma City, OK Registered User new member
    4xdiw27qncad.jpg

Wow. Such excite. Much booze.

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    How big does this group usually get? I'm kinda interested but if it's a really small group I'll probably have a harder time hiding the fact that I'm a big jerk.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    Well it's always best at pax to try to not be a big jerk :)

The barcrawls at pax east and pax prime total 400 people split into 4 teams and 2 sub-groups per team for a grouping of 50 people per "moving part" which means 100 people per bar at a time. There's a cap on attendance to keep the numbers manageable. I don't know what they are planning on for this one though, size-wise.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I don't know what they are planning on for this one though, size-wise.

Is that because everything is bigger in Texas?

I'll let myself out.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    DevierueDevierue Registered User regular
    If all goes as planned, my husband I should be arriving in SA at some point in the early afternoon. Team Stark (mainly because we're transplants from the Frozen North...but also because there isn't a House Baelish ;))

• Options
    shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    This is relevant to my interests.

Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Options
    MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    FireflyKS wrote: »
    Don't know much about GoT but I'm always down for some drinking.

^ me too! I LOVED the PokeCrawl, though! Can't wait for this one.

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • Options
    peachgeekpeachgeek Registered User regular
    Super excited about this!! Traveling alone, so I am looking forward to meeting new people.

• Options
    SamCiceroSamCicero NYCRegistered User regular
    The Crawl, the Pre-Pax Dinner, the MMT are all great ways to meet people before PAX even really begins.

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    I guess any team but Stark. they all seem to die in less then fun ways.

• Options
    m0nk33m0nk33 Keeper of the Tubes Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Sounds fun. Count me in.

graphic.png
  • Options
    AllaiAllai Registered User new member
    edited September 2014
    Sounds like fun. Count me in too

Allai on
  • Options
    ericdavidsmithericdavidsmith Registered User new member
    I started pre-gaming for this event three weeks ago.

The bar crawl is one of my most anticipated parts of Pax. If I can help out in any way with coordination let me know, I would totally be down.

• Options
    LadyLoveMonsterLadyLoveMonster Registered User regular
    This sounds like a lot of fun! I will definitely have to attend. :)

• Options
    Wraith90Wraith90 Saskatoon, SkRegistered User regular
    Any rough idea what time this would begin? As I'm flying in Thursday I would like to make sure I get there early enough so I can go to this.

• Options
    LerlertHerbLerlertHerb MerdwerstRegistered User regular
    Wraith90 wrote: »
    Any rough idea what time this would begin? As I'm flying in Thursday I would like to make sure I get there early enough so I can go to this.

If the other PAX crawls are any indicator, you should expect it to start as early as 7 p.m. When you factor in the time it will take to get from the airport to your hotel, drop off your luggage, and get a bite to eat (you'll have to eat) I wouldn't want to land any later than 4:30.

• Options
    Wraith90 wrote: »

If the other PAX crawls are any indicator, you should expect it to start as early as 7 p.m. When you factor in the time it will take to get from the airport to your hotel, drop off your luggage, and get a bite to eat (you'll have to eat) I wouldn't want to land any later than 4:30.

Usually at east they start at 8PM. I was planning the pre pax dinner for 6 -8 based on this assumption but my attempts to contact the organizer of this one have gone unanswered.

• Options
    the crawl organizer doesn't regularly check her PMs here. I've poked her for more info and I know that they are working on it diligently.

• Options
    LerlertHerbLerlertHerb MerdwerstRegistered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    Usually at east they start at 8PM.
    I looked at the pokecrawl thread and for 2014 the meeting time was 7:15.

• Options
    Thanks Zerzhul, we are in touch by email now. Yup Last year was 7:15, 2013 was 7:30. Not sure why 8:00 stuck in my head, in any event, dinner will be coordinated to allow for participation in both.

• Options
    Wraith90Wraith90 Saskatoon, SkRegistered User regular
    Thanks everyone for the replies, hopefully I'll be able to make it.

• Options
    Planning for this appears to be coming along nicely
    Your Lord Stark demands Donations and Libations!

Also I've seen a missive from the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. The Wall will be protected, since PAX IS COMING.

• Options
    PAX is coming ...and as my grandmother use to say ...So's Christmas :) ...only this time she will be right, Christmas will get here sooner :)

• Options
    MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    I'm so in for this! I swore of the bar crawl at PAX East after drinking way, way, way too much and waking up with a poke-ball on my forehead...but it's the inaugural PAX South event, and I have to honor my house!

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
  • Options
    SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    The OP has been updated with some new details....only 2 months to go!

Also, we're looking for a few additional volunteers - if you are interested, please PM me.

• Options
    yussssss

pax is coming

• Options
    Sent you PM to volunteer.

There will be 5 in total to add to the WILDLING TEAM.

• Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    Same just sent a PM as well to help out.

• Options
    DevierueDevierue Registered User regular
    Sent a PM - my husband and I would like to volunteer to help (preferably the Wildlings).

• Options
    'T''T' King in the North BostonRegistered User regular
    The King in the North shall be there.

15e5VyH.png
  • Options
    AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I wont get there until ~9Pm, but since this is my first PAX I will be joining in everything alcohol and game related during the weekend.
    Looking forward to Geek Drinks!

• Options
    SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    Just a reminder - registration will open via Eventbrite this Saturday, December 13. The link will be provided later this week. You will only be able to register yourself and a +1, so if you have a larger group, make sure you have enough people register separately.

• Options
    Loser4NowLoser4Now Registered User regular
    Okay, before I go all out, what's the word on costumes? I realize it's a bad idea, but I'm stoked, and seriously considering how I could manage to get the 30 or so lbs of chain mail through airport security...

This discussion has been closed.