As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What're you, Chicken? [terrifying thread]

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Raneados wrote: »

Hells Yes.

Those damn pictures.

Marshmallow on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Koshian wrote: »
    Jurassic Park started my fear of velociraptors

I still occasionally have dreams about velociraptors stalking me through the aisles of a Costco or something

I haven't had one for a while, but the last one had a bunch of them hiding in the forest near my house and then coming out when it got dark and I had to escape somehow. I think I ended up dying before I woke up

how were you people scared by the velociraptors?

the first time I saw Jurassic Park I thought they were badass

Probably because I was about 9 when I saw Jurassic Park the first time

Centipede Damascus on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The Witches, by Roald Dahl

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    The Witches, by Roald Dahl

god, the ending was so sad

i know it was supposed to be happy but ughh

mrpaku on
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Jurassic Park started my fear of velociraptors

I still occasionally have dreams about velociraptors stalking me through the aisles of a Costco or something

I haven't had one for a while, but the last one had a bunch of them hiding in the forest near my house and then coming out when it got dark and I had to escape somehow. I think I ended up dying before I woke up

how were you people scared by the velociraptors?

the first time I saw Jurassic Park I thought they were badass

Probably because I was about 9 when I saw Jurassic Park the first time

as was I. Plus my dad's a professional hunter, and I guess my dreams are merging his lion stories with velociraptors

DrIanMalcolm on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    supertall wrote: »
    Is R.L Stein even a real person? I always thought it was just a psuedonym for a stable(sweatshop??) of writers.

Edit: Did anyone read any of Christopher Pike's books? Basically Goosebumps with teenage sex.

I remember reading "Monster" or something else by him.
    It was about these people who turned into monsters as a result of a comet that landed so long ago. The main character turns into a monster throughout the series, eventually eating one of her friends, then blowing the fuck out of everyone else with gasoline bombs.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• monkeyfeet63monkeyfeet63 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Did any of guys ever read a story about a Scarecrow that comes to life and is just kinda walking around while these two guys are at a reclusive sheep farm doing work for the winter.

Then they finnaly get freaked out and leave. But one guys forgets the shears or something and walks back. The dude sees the Scarecrow walking aorund on the roof. But the dude doesn't care because all it did was just walk around.

A few hours go by and the dude doesn't return. So the other guy goes to see whats up and he sees the Scarecrow drying the other dude's skin on the roof.

Couldn't sleep for days when my sixth grade teacher read us that one.

monkeyfeet63 on
    Ducktalesavlong.jpg
    edited October 2007
    that's another one from the scary stories collection, monkey

mrpaku on
  • Milquetoast ThugMilquetoast Thug Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Did any of guys ever read a story about a Scarecrow that comes to life and is just kinda walking around while these two guys are at a reclusive sheep farm doing work for the winter.

Then they finnaly get freaked out and leave. But one guys forgets the shears or something and walks back. The dude sees the Scarecrow walking aorund on the roof. But the dude doesn't care because all it did was just walk around.

A few hours go by and the dude doesn't return. So the other guy goes to see whats up and he sees the Scarecrow drying the other dude's skin on the roof.

WHAT THE FUCK

Milquetoast Thug on
    edited October 2007
    my six grade teacher read that to us too

anyone who was scared was allowed to go read in another classroom, but no one ever went because we would've called them a giant faggot

mrpaku on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »

EDIT: donk what i don't know what im talking about

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    edited October 2007

Thanks I would really like to read that again. I might laugh at it. But I remember it being genuinly horrifying.

monkeyfeet63 on
    Ducktalesavlong.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    bttfi1.jpg

Nobody calls me chicken

best answer

thread over

chickencl5.png

#pipe on
    edited October 2007
    Did any of guys ever read a story about a Scarecrow that comes to life and is just kinda walking around

Harold.jpg

Goatmon on

• KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Tales_from_the_crypt_title_shot.jpg

That show was the shit back then. I remember watching that along with Mystery Science Theater 3000. They were pretty much staples of my youth.

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
    edited October 2007
    took me forever to find this

despite all steven gammel's work on the scary stories series, this is the picture that completely fucked me up as a kid

thedream2.jpg

mrpaku on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    n31941.jpg

Best book ever

Green on
    edited October 2007

despite all steven gammel's work on the scary stories series, this is the picture that completely fucked me up as a kid

thedream2.jpg

Is that...is that him?

monkeyfeet63 on
    Ducktalesavlong.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007

I was just about to tell this story.
    If you don't want to sleep, go look for some of the drawings from the books.

Me Too! on
    edited October 2007
    Seriously. What was the name of that story, anyway? I feel the need to look it up, now.

Goatmon on

edited October 2007
    From what i can find I think it is called "Harold"

monkeyfeet63 on
    Ducktalesavlong.jpg
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think RL Stine is a real person, because didn't he come out with a real book at some point

like an actual adult fiction book that bombed

also: Christopher Pike, the "remember me" series

I remember being weirded out by those books

ZeroFill on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    2boo.gif

HE'S A CHICKEN

A CHICKEN

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited October 2007

What, really? That's the name of the scarecrow in the comic that I linked. o_O

Goatmon on

• Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, I think it's Harold.
    That was the name of the scarecrow in the story, who was named after a dude they knew.

Me Too! on
    edited October 2007
    Goatmon wrote: »

What, really? That's the name of the scarecrow in the comic that I linked. o_O

This can not be coincidence.

This is proof of predestination.

monkeyfeet63 on
    Ducktalesavlong.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Y'know what's REALLY scary?

The way my step-sister is howling with laughter as she watches America's funniest home videos.

Wanna see something really scary?

Metzger Meister on
  • Octopus MelodyOctopus Melody Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The Scary Story books were the best, I had one or two of them and they freaked me out back in the day(and still do). I tried to read two Goosebumps books when I was a kid, I remember, but couldn't get into them. I think I decided to read the My Teacher is an Alien books instead.

Octopus Melody on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh man, I've got something scary I could post here

Green on
    edited October 2007
    Even more interesting, in the comic they named him after a farmer next door that they didn't like. So I guess the creator of the comic had the original story in mind. My power of deduction is uncanny.

Goatmon on

edited October 2007

The way my step-sister is howling with laughter as she watches America's funniest home videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPOmtQG9pGU

My favorite part of the whole movie.

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Is R.L Stein even a real person? I always thought it was just a psuedonym for a stable(sweatshop??) of writers.

Edit: Did anyone read any of Christopher Pike's books? Basically Goosebumps with teenage sex.

It was about these people who turned into monsters as a result of a comet that landed so long ago. The main character turns into a monster throughout the series, eventually eating one of her friends, then blowing the fuck out of everyone else with gasoline bombs.

That was the first of his books I read. She fucks her boyfriend underwater in the lake or something.

I enjoyed the Chain Letter series.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
    edited October 2007
    Critical wrote: »

That was the first of his books I read. She fucks her boyfriend underwater in the lake or something.

I enjoyed the Chain Letter series.

Silent Night 1 and 2 were pretty good.

thedream2.jpg

Steven's art has always freaked me the fuck out. If I were to compare his art with H.R. Geiger's in terms of most disturbing, I'd go with Steven..

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    thedream2.jpg

That is not right

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • NekroNekro Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPOmtQG9pGU

My favorite part of the whole movie.

Seeing that plane bit eleven years after getting the shit scared out of me (I was like six) it puts a lot of things into perspective.

Namely, why I have such a fear of flying and also that I was kind of a pussy as a kid.

Nekro on
    gantclap.gif
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    wassup chickens

the wook on
  • Dulcius_ex_asperisDulcius_ex_asperis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    the goosebumps choose-your-own-adventure books were the best

I'd always try to get every possible ending

I would use all my fingers to hold the places of my last decision. Find one of the endings, and then go back to redo my last decision.

What always bothered me was when I would read straight through the book I would find endings I had never found before.

creepy...

Dulcius_ex_asperis on
    edited October 2007
    The version with William Shater was better. Not the entire thing, just the part when the monster first appears. Before you can really see it, I mean. Right when it sort of floats onto the wing and you see it rise up? Yeah, that was fucking creepy. The rest of it is just ridiculous, though.

You gotta love how both Shatner and Lithgow have made references to that scene; In one episode of The Cosby Show, Shatner was a passenger on a plane when the Cosby's were flying. He kept looking out the window and going "What the - oh nevermind."

Later, when Shatner was cast as "The Big Giant Head" on 3rd Rock From The Sun, at one point TBDH and Dick both get off of a plane. They both go
    "I swear I saw something on the wing of the plane."
    "You saw it too?!"

Goatmon on

• NekroNekro Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The version with William Shater was better. Not the entire thing, just the part when the monster first appears. Before you can really see it, I mean. Right when it sort of floats onto the wing and you see it rise up? Yeah, that was fucking creepy. The rest of it is just ridiculous, though.

You gotta love how both Shatner and Lithgow have made references to that scene; In one episode of The Cosby Show, Shatner was a passenger on a plane when the Cosby's were flying. He kept looking out the window and going "What the - oh nevermind."

Later, when Shatner was cast as "The Big Giant Head" on 3rd Rock From The Sun, at one point TBDH and Dick both get off of a plane. They both go
    "I swear I saw something on the wing of the plane."
    "You saw it too?!"

Wasn't there a Freakazoid episode that just parodied that scene?

Nekro on
    gantclap.gif
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    horrifying

the wook on