As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Game Awards, The Playstation Experience and the end of the year hype train

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    It's not even saying it's terrible, though

But the attitude that "you need to accept that your favorite game is shit!" is so condescending I want to punch someone, holy shit

As if it being bad is somehow something you have not clued in to yet and will understand one day, as opposed to the fact that you just like it

It's weird that I see it constantly thrown around for FFVII, but I never see "You need to accept that Half-Life 2 was shit and Half-Life 3 will never happen," for example

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I traded in ffix before I finished the first disc because every character bugged me

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    half-life 2 WAS shit, though

• Options
    I traded in ffix before I finished the first disc because every character bugged me

see, now THIS is fucked up

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    half-life 2 WAS shit, though

whoa whoa whoa

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    whatever the dumb thing with the spoon was running around and then he died and I was like, "hooray!" and then I found out online that he didn't die permanently and I was like "well fuck this, then" and traded it in towards...I don't even remember, maybe wind waker

• Options
    quina is non-gendered individual

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I am really sad about Half-Life 3.

Because I love, love love Half-Life 2, but when Half-Life 3 comes out? Man, I can't even tell you who is doing what in that game anymore. And I used to know like every little lore detail. It's just been too long.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Finally watched that Uncharted 4 video

I love how Uncharted was the logical progression from the Tomb Raider series, and then the new Tomb Raider was the logical progression from the Uncharted series, and now I watch this trailer and here's Nathan Drake totally doing the rock-wall thing from the new Tomb Raider

These two franchises should just keep building off of each other forever

Hopefully they put some of the upgrade stuff from Tomb Raider into Uncharted 4

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Because I love, love love Half-Life 2, but when Half-Life 3 comes out? Man, I can't even tell you who is doing what in that game anymore. And I used to know like every little lore detail. It's just been too long.

this was me going from halo 3 to the next games in the franchies

i fucking DEVOURED every bit of halo lore that I could and then I just kinda...fell off

• Options
    edited December 2014

it should just skip forward in time a bunch again with only minor references to 2

much like references to black mesa in 2.

That would be a good way to reset the story.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »

it should just skip forward in time a bunch again with only minor references to 2

much like references to black mesa in 2.

That would be a good way to reset the story.

That would be a great direction, but also not sure if they can do it given the cliffhanger that Episode 2 ended on, but, Valve are a creative group, they can think of something perhaps.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

i fucking DEVOURED every bit of halo lore that I could and then I just kinda...fell off

Reach is my favourite, but 4's story was no bueno

• Options
    edited December 2014
    The prologue of 3 could be G-man making reference to Gordon thinking he was freed by the vortigaunts but only because G-Man let him think that.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    I enjoyed playing half-life 2 a lot, though I don't think it hit me in the magic way it has for others

I hope there's a third one for the people that are invested in it, though

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I hope a new Infamous will be a thing. It's the only game in town for open-world superhero simulators at the moment.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options

Reach is my favourite, but 4's story was no bueno

ODST will always be my favorite

• Options
    I hope a new Infamous will be a thing. It's the only game in town for open-world superhero simulators at the moment.

you should play saints row 4

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    X-2 and XIII-2 were good games.

@Stilts‌

Both sequels are bad.

But at least 13-2 is a somewhat entertaining kind of bad.

Instead of the insulting kind of bad that 10-2 is.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    what about final fantasy tactics A2 aka the best fft game

• Options

you should play saints row 4

Saints Row 4 is a superpowered President simulator, not a superhero simulator.

An important distinction.

• Options

Decide if this is the hill you want to die on.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I should just write an essay about everything 10-2 fucked up, so I can just link it whenever the topic gets brought up. Exorcise some of my demons.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    One that that makes me want to see a Half-Life 3 is that it's been 10 years since the original (and 7 years since the last episode) so I'm pretty interested to see what Valve would even make today, on modern hardware with like a decade of FPS evolution since the HL2 formula was established (and lets be real, the episodes didn't really evolve that formula much). Because I really doubt they just make another linear shooter shooter where you go from battle to unskippable in-game cinematic to battle to setpiece.

If they were into that, we'd probably have gotten Episode 3 by now.

• Options
    But you can dress like a Moogle and a Tonberry

• Options
    One that that makes me want to see a Half-Life 3 is that it's been 10 years since the original (and 7 years since the last episode) so I'm pretty interested to see what Valve would even make today, on modern hardware with like a decade of FPS evolution since the HL2 formula was established (and lets be real, the episodes didn't really evolve that formula much). Because I really doubt they just make another linear shooter shooter where you go from battle to unskippable in-game cinematic to battle to setpiece.

I'm okay with that, if it is well done. Isn't that basically the new Wolfenstein? That was really well received, yeah? I still need to play it.

• Options

Decide if this is the hill you want to die on.

FFT absolutely has a better story and I'll always hold it up in the pantheon of jurps for that regard

but FFTA2 is infinitely more playable and accessible

• Options
    Wolfenstein was pretty good.

• Options
    also if you want to understand what I'm saying when I talk about being able to turn a critical eye towards games you love, to love a game despite its deep, deep flaws, Stilts and I and can about Nier for 12 pages

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Valve is never going to make another single-player campaign again, and that's such a bummer because they are probably the best level designers in all of games

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Valve is never going to make another single-player campaign again, and that's such a bummer because they are probably the best level designers in all of games

I think they WERE, absolutely

bungie got up there pretttty fast

• Options
    Yeah, I mean, a physics puzzle every hour really makes a bombass campaign.

• Options
    Nintendo - The eternal best level designers

• Options
    hitman: blood money might have my favorite level design of all time, though

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

I mean

I don't think Portal 3 is that remote of a possibility

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

I'm okay with that, if it is well done. Isn't that basically the new Wolfenstein? That was really well received, yeah? I still need to play it.

Wolfenstein is absolutely a linear shooter

it's a very good one, but it is one

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

I think they WERE, absolutely

bungie got up there pretttty fast

I always though bungie levels were a giant boring mess.

Honestly Valve levels until Portal weren't great either.

• Options
    best recent example of incredible level design: Tomb Raider

• Options
    Oh so hey the mystery game is in less than two hours

Sure hope it's not Drawn to Death, 'cause that game looks like shit

• Options
    Oh so hey the mystery game is in less than two hours

Sure hope it's not Drawn to Death, 'cause that game looks like shit

it looks like a PS2 game.