As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Boys of the NYPD [Chat] were singing Galway Bay...

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    are people still talking about that dumb list

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    19 people were injured at a furry convention after a chlorine gas leak the police have deemed intentional

fursecution... is real..

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    a small child of indeterminate gender is in the room next door singing ... I think it's a barney the dinosaur song

aRkpc.gif
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    19 people were injured at a furry convention after a chlorine gas leak the police have deemed intentional

fursecution... is real..

I am still not sure how I feel about this reaction, really.

i loooooove you

you looooove me

aRkpc.gif
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Okay, so for this week's pixel art challenge...

I could draw...
    • Jim Darkmagic (of the New Hampshire Darkmagics)
    • Garnet from some cartoon i never watched (She looks rad)
    • Garrus from MAss Effect
    • Tobias Funke

As a fighting game character.

They all feel like good options...

Sigh.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Okay, so for this week's pixel art challenge...

I could draw...
    • Jim Darkmagic (of the New Hampshire Darkmagics)
    • Garnet from some cartoon i never watched (She looks rad)
    • Garrus from MAss Effect
    • Tobias Funke

As a fighting game character.

They all feel like good options...

Sigh.

Tobias would be hilarious, as long as you do him blue.

Garrus would actually make a kickass fighting game character if you wanna play it straight.

(So would Garnet but Garrus is Garrus)

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    ronya wrote: »
    a small child of indeterminate gender is in the room next door singing ... I think it's a barney the dinosaur song

is barney still a thing, or is this child some kind of nostalgia hipster

rRwz9.gif
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    spacekungfuman did you ever play dungeon siege 3

No. I own it though. Still need to. Did you like it?

its interesting

a weird hybrid of the diablo like game with some more in depth story and quest stuff than is usual, along with some weird action-hybrid combat

its not amazing but its much much better than it should have been and it has some amazing sound design. altho character customisation is kind of ehhh

This last part confuses the shit out of me with them naming it Dungeon Siege.

Now don't get me wrong, 1 and 2 weren't the most amazing games but one thing they did try to do was to make a unique customization system as you develop your character via choices in weapons and ow you use them in combat.

It was built around farm boy to wizard/ranger/warrior through action and customization. Like the removed that entire part of the game which was its defining feature.

dungeon siege 1 had literally zero character customisation

there is almost zero differentiation any set of ds1 characters. the system is insanely basic

ds2 tried a lot harder and did better on this front but nothing that hadnt been seen elsewhere, altho i did enjoy it

there is customisation in ds3 but its more how you divvy up the tactical purpose of the various moves you have + how you work in your stats. its still a shitload more than ds1 tho

obF2Wuw.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Obviously Tobias would be drawn Blue.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Kill the purple dinosaur with fire!

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    on the other hand you get to play as a gun-gypsy named katarina who can equip items like "stockings of virility" and uses a musket like a lever-action shotgun

so i feel like theres something there

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    You know, it's a really weird feeling to simultaneously feel ugly and pretty all at the same time.

• GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    who was it that said that playing dungeon siege was like being in bed with two lesbians.

Great fun until you realize you're not actually needed.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    spacekungfuman did you ever play dungeon siege 3

No. I own it though. Still need to. Did you like it?

its interesting

a weird hybrid of the diablo like game with some more in depth story and quest stuff than is usual, along with some weird action-hybrid combat

its not amazing but its much much better than it should have been and it has some amazing sound design. altho character customisation is kind of ehhh

This last part confuses the shit out of me with them naming it Dungeon Siege.

Now don't get me wrong, 1 and 2 weren't the most amazing games but one thing they did try to do was to make a unique customization system as you develop your character via choices in weapons and ow you use them in combat.

It was built around farm boy to wizard/ranger/warrior through action and customization. Like the removed that entire part of the game which was its defining feature.

dungeon siege 1 had literally zero character customisation

there is almost zero differentiation any set of ds1 characters. the system is insanely basic

ds2 tried a lot harder and did better on this front but nothing that hadnt been seen elsewhere, altho i did enjoy it

there is customisation in ds3 but its more how you divvy up the tactical purpose of the various moves you have + how you work in your stats. its still a shitload more than ds1 tho

It had a different version of customization.

Use a sword, become a warrior and gain abilities focused on that.

I will admit it was basic but I liked the idea. Your character develops based on play than on point distribution.

Of course for some reason DS1 always reminded me of EQ the isometric video game. I think it was the particle effects. The designs were very EQ like.

u7stthr17eud.png

... maybe? I guess repeat broadcasts are a thing.

aRkpc.gif
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    okay i beat a DA MP mode on the base level. i am da bes

now to suit up and go to that party like a boss

wearin' my $700 shoes, skinny black tie

bishes beware

What brand shoes?

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    You know, it's a really weird feeling to simultaneously feel ugly and pretty all at the same time.

elendil was talking about how there was a lot of pretty people in the city and i was like "yeah, fucking pretty people"

while silently thinking "Wait...am i fucking myself..no..yes? no..yes?...fuck what am i"

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2014

actually it could be even simpler than that: I guess the children raised by barney are old enough to have children and sing the songs to them now

man that hurts my head

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I had to stop TV for a moment, and I've gone back to the Flash Arrow crossover.
    The fanboy fight! Bwahahahahahahahaha!

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    spaceship shapes that look alien, and also ancient, and don't use many organic-looking shapes

hm.

The Doomsday Machine - the hollow, glowing center instantly marks it as alien, because our first instinct with spaceships (or ships) is to want everything enclosed. Having bits and pieces open to vacuum, or exposed, or even detached but orbiting a common center of gravity, instantly marks a ship as being either incredibly futuristic or incredibly alien. The battered-metal finish makes it look like it's been kicking around the galaxy being hit by space debris for an impossibly long time.

V'Ger (the actual spaceship part, not the fuzzy cloud) - it's all vast elegant arches and buttresses, along the lines of a cathedral in space but without the rococo surface detail that would suggest human-sized activity or human-sized culture.

Zentraedi Battle Fortress - it's vertical, like the Rock of Gibraltar in space, so you know it's not ours and it must be super scary and mean serious business.

alien and non-organic is kind of tough because making things look organic (especially making them look like sea creatures) is like sci-fi 101 to do something alien

@Abdhyius‌

I like the little call back they have with V'Ger in STO and the Borg attacks.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i bet when you said 'ugh, fucking pretty people' elendil wanted to claw off your face

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

actually it could be even simpler than that: I guess the children raised by barney are old enough to have children and sing the songs to them now

man that hurts my head

Re-runs and on demand. My brother in law plays it for his son. Weird thing was that I never knew Selena Gomez and Demi Levato were on that show but sure enough there they were in an episode one day when we were over to visit.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »

man that hurts my head

Re-runs and on demand. My brother in law plays it for his son. Weird thing was that I never knew Selena Gomez and Demi Levato were on that show but sure enough there they were in an episode one day when we were over to visit.

well I never knew lady gaga was in the sopranos

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Hello [chat]ters

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    DS1 has tremendous clarity of purpose. It was built around being a game where a party explores huge environments and wow did it deliver. I still get chills thinking about those huge caverns and then riding the super long elevators and emerging into the frozen valley.

Organichu wrote: »
    i bet when you said 'ugh, fucking pretty people' elendil wanted to claw off your face

@Elendil‌

i don't think your whiteness will save you from the cops if they catch you with my face

• Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    my apartment is the scariest place in the world right now

all of the lights in our stairwell are out so it is total darkness and stairs

eeeeeeeek

At least there aren't exploding sounds.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4xbK-kYqRY

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
    Oh man this random club soda I bought is like, all sorts of carbonated. So I can stick the bottle to my face and drink some so the bottle deforms, and then the CO2 bubbling out of solution will return its shape, then I feel pressure as the gas density increases, then my lips burn as the CO2 is forced into solution in whatever fluid is on my face and forms carbonic acid.

IT'S AWESOME

BEST 69 CENT BOTTLE OF WATER EVER

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Oh man this random club soda I bought is like, all sorts of carbonated. So I can stick the bottle to my face and drink some so the bottle deforms, and then the CO2 bubbling out of solution will return its shape, then I feel pressure as the gas density increases, then my lips burn as the CO2 is forced into solution in whatever fluid is on my face and forms carbonic acid.

IT'S AWESOME

I make seltzer this insane with my hacked soda stream.

The stuff looks like it is boiling. It's fantastic.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    Mim wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »

elendil was talking about how there was a lot of pretty people in the city and i was like "yeah, fucking pretty people"

while silently thinking "Wait...am i fucking myself..no..yes? no..yes?...fuck what am i"

I do not think this is uncommon >.>

I am getting in Star Wars power level arguments.

Oh god, I must be bored.

u7stthr17eud.png
    syndalis wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »

IT'S AWESOME

I make seltzer this insane with my hacked soda stream.

The stuff looks like it is boiling. It's fantastic.

I bought a sodastream so I wouldn't have to go to the store for carbonated water (since I drink it a lot when it's available) but this stuff is so convenient, and at 69 cents a liter it isn't exactly breaking my budget

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    being ugly and present when non-ugs talk about their alleged ugliness...

the greatest pain of all

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    those bartenders tho

jesus

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    that was a fun game to watch

Have I mentioned how much I love how Rebels makes the Empire seem menacing?

Sure the good guys win but the Empire is actually overpowering a lot of the time. The victories are as much as they are real victories.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I am full of pizza

Elendil wrote: »
    those bartenders tho

jesus

SO PRETTY.

LIKE...

PERFECTION.

fuckers.

I am getting in Star Wars power level arguments.

Oh god, I must be bored.

The Emperor's power level is clearly at least that of Vegeta's in the oozaru state, but Luke is no stronger than Nappa.

This discussion has been closed.