As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Boys of the NYPD [Chat] were singing Galway Bay...

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Okay, so for this week's pixel art challenge...

I could draw...
    • Jim Darkmagic (of the New Hampshire Darkmagics)
    • Garnet from some cartoon i never watched (She looks rad)
    • Garrus from MAss Effect
    • Tobias Funke

As a fighting game character.

They all feel like good options...

Sigh.

re: Jim Darkmagic of the New Hampshire Darkmagics

has Penny Arcade every done anything else as awesome like those podcasts? I was really enjoying their story.

steam_sig.png
    Organichu wrote: »
    being ugly and present when non-ugs talk about their alleged ugliness...

the greatest pain of all

want to talk about ug life together?

steam_sig.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Oh man this random club soda I bought is like, all sorts of carbonated. So I can stick the bottle to my face and drink some so the bottle deforms, and then the CO2 bubbling out of solution will return its shape, then I feel pressure as the gas density increases, then my lips burn as the CO2 is forced into solution in whatever fluid is on my face and forms carbonic acid.

IT'S AWESOME

BEST 69 CENT BOTTLE OF WATER EVER

I make seltzer this insane with my hacked soda stream.

The stuff looks like it is boiling. It's fantastic.

I bought a sodastream so I wouldn't have to go to the store for carbonated water (since I drink it a lot when it's available) but this stuff is so convenient, and at 69 cents a liter it isn't exactly breaking my budget

I left reason at the gate when I got a commercial 20lb co2 canister and ran a lead from it into the machine.

Going on three+ weeks of non stop use, and the pressure needle hasn't even moved a little bit. Excellent.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Have I mentioned how much I love how Rebels makes the Empire seem menacing?

Sure the good guys win but the Empire is actually overpowering a lot of the time. The victories are as much as they are real victories.

also the inquisitor never executes a lackey for no reason

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    And the final price comes to a fraction of a penny per liter, since the canister should last for months and only costs 25 bucks to refill.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    there was a goat statue in the park we sat down in and a bunch of people were checking it out and mim was like what is the big deal about that goat

and i was like

maybe that goat is the GOAT

and then no one got it and i was like this why i'm better on the internet

Elendil wrote: »
    there was a goat statue in the park we sat down in and a bunch of people were checking it out and mim was like what is the big deal about that goat

and i was like

idgi

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    greatest of all time

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »

and i was like

idgi

GOAT = greatest of all time

and i was like

idgi

Greatest of all time.

Goat.

LL cool J

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Mim wrote: »

and i was like

idgi

that joke is not the goat

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    anyways @redx‌ @Elendil‌

thanks for a lovely morning you guys and for watching me creep on comic artist.

also thank you red for treating us!!

Explosive ordinance disposal

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Someone called me out on kind of sounding like Tywin Lannister when I talk about having a family

Fucking dornishmen.

• Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    If anybody is familiar with ginger beer, is there a widely-available brand I should be looking for? I can't seem to find it in supermarkets that I frequent, but I was introduced recently to the Moscow Mule, and I want to make some more of them, but I don't know jack shit about ginger beer and which is better than others (and I would sooner trust a man shrouded in a trench coat in a dark alleyway than I would the random blogs that pop up when I search for comparisons, but I've come to value the suggestions from the PA threads enough to inquire).

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
    Someone called me out on kind of sounding like Tywin Lannister when I talk about having a family

Fucking dornishmen.

Wait, were you field dressing a stag while talking about your family?

This is an important piece of information.

SW-4158-3990-6116

Fucking dornishmen.

No, it was a long pig

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    If anybody is familiar with ginger beer, is there a widely-available brand I should be looking for? I can't seem to find it in supermarkets that I frequent, but I was introduced recently to the Moscow Mule, and I want to make some more of them, but I don't know jack shit about ginger beer and which is better than others (and I would sooner trust a man shrouded in a trench coat in a dark alleyway than I would the random blogs that pop up when I search for comparisons, but I've come to value the suggestions from the PA threads enough to inquire).

My friends know this.

I just drink whatever you put in front of me.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Syndalis, if you knew anything about Greeper, you would know Greeper is never not field dressing a stag.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Fucking dornishmen.

Well, obviously, that's the ABCs of talking family

"ABCs" meaning "Always Be Cuttin' stags" in this case

Okay. If you are desperate, reeds is good stuff.

Fenterman's is the bomb diggity

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    @syndalis are you using the mp3 or software pimsleur course? mp3 is cheaper, if you're using the software is it worth the extra?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here

and i was like

idgi

nonsense

it registered a perfect five on this lambic puntometer

and i was like

idgi

nonsense

it registered a perfect five on this lambic puntometer

That one was much better

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Oh nice, DAI runs on my dual core CPU and dated graphics card.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    i've heard the stoli brand stuff has real sugar

i just use the goslings stuff

it's all i've seen

edited December 2014
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    @syndalis are you using the mp3 or software pimsleur course? mp3 is cheaper, if you're using the software is it worth the extra?

I had no idea there was a software. Just doing MP3 plus a PDF for the reading lessons.

I am on the last lesson now - kind of sad to see it go. It's been really successful though.

When I turn on subtitles and watch mindless Norwegian reality TV I am 40-50% of the way to understanding, which after 45 days of not total immersion is pretty amazing. And I can infer much.

It has also helped having Summer and @Abdhyius‌ to help me through the rough spots. Like, that's been invaluable.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
  • Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

Okay. If you are desperate, reeds is good stuff.

Fenterman's is the bomb diggity

Not exactly desperate, but it was mentioned that I could use ginger ale, but that it was a shit alternative to ginger beer.
    Upon trying to use Shweppes ginger ale (and a squeeze of lime), it wasn't as great.
    With some drinks, it could also be the brand, but I normally just take shots of Stoli, Svedka, and Smirnoff. I'm not snooty enough to demand Grey Goose. :\

. . .i am about to go to a bar thing because a possibly pretty girl told me to go to it weeks ago.

i need to get a life.

steam_sig.png
    i've heard the stoli brand stuff has real sugar

i just use the goslings stuff

it's all i've seen

To note: I live in California. I'm largely unfamiliar with what brands are marketed where, but I'll definitely keep all the suggestions so far in a list to ask about when I go to the store...or BevMo.
    Actually, fuck it. I think this is going to be a "BevMo only" type of thing.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    so i am an uncle now

that is neat

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    being ugly and present when non-ugs talk about their alleged ugliness...

the greatest pain of all

For all you know, I could be hideous!

. . .i am about to go to a bar thing because a possibly pretty girl told me to go to it weeks ago.

i need to get a life.

How do you not know if she was pretty though

i need to get a life.

How do you not know if she was pretty though

drunk. met her when i was drunk.

steam_sig.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    spaceship shapes that look alien, and also ancient, and don't use many organic-looking shapes

hm.
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    spaceship shapes that look alien, and also ancient, and don't use many organic-looking shapes

hm.

The Doomsday Machine - the hollow, glowing center instantly marks it as alien, because our first instinct with spaceships (or ships) is to want everything enclosed. Having bits and pieces open to vacuum, or exposed, or even detached but orbiting a common center of gravity, instantly marks a ship as being either incredibly futuristic or incredibly alien. The battered-metal finish makes it look like it's been kicking around the galaxy being hit by space debris for an impossibly long time.

V'Ger (the actual spaceship part, not the fuzzy cloud) - it's all vast elegant arches and buttresses, along the lines of a cathedral in space but without the rococo surface detail that would suggest human-sized activity or human-sized culture.

Zentraedi Battle Fortress - it's vertical, like the Rock of Gibraltar in space, so you know it's not ours and it must be super scary and mean serious business.

alien and non-organic is kind of tough because making things look organic (especially making them look like sea creatures) is like sci-fi 101 to do something alien

Abdhyius‌

mm, yes, good examples. I felt like I was going a bit in circles with my doodlings, when the point is to have designs that don't fit each other

the reason organic shapes are out is because, well, for one, I want it to be more, "this looks like it was made by an ancient alien civilization" and not some alien thing

also because there would be another alien thing there

and the rounded organic-ish shapes (but still obviously mechanical) look would also already be taken

ftOqU21.png
    Gooey wrote: »
    so i am an uncle now

that is neat

Congrats! I enjoy being an uncle. I get to teach my nieces lots of silly things that they then go home and repeat incessantly because I'm apparently super cool to them.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    GRklvR1.png

This discussion has been closed.