As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

FIGHTING GAMES - Dreamhack Summer and ECT June 13th!

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited June 2015 in Social Entropy++
16 PLAYERS ENTER:
717cdYv.png

A FULL DAY OF EXCITEMENT:
nBq31Lj.png

STREET FIGHTER V DETAILS TO BE ANNOUNCED:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf5RqPb8a5w&src_vid=FKXJJQ-FfWk&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_1349844967

ALSO THE NEW TEKKEN CHARACTER IS A BREAKDANCING CATGIRL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O0UphHT6uE

Brolo on

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    anyone have strong predictions to win capcom cup?
    i'll be boring and guess daigo

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    infiltrachun

2x39jD4.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

Daigo did tear up Topanga:

qdqOM3Y.png

but I think I'd like to see Snake Eyez take it.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I want to be super boring and say Fuudo, but draw in the bracket is actually super fucking hard.

Bonchan, then probably Infiltration, then most likely Daigo is rough.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

Diago plays E. Ryu so now he is never boring.

The match where he gets eliminated by JohnChoi(I think?) is probably one of my favorite matches of all time, just for how Choi explains how he beats Diago.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Nuckledu or Chu Chu winning would be hilarious just for the inevitable butthurt.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    chu chu is an unknown for me, which is probably a pretty big advantage going into a tourney like this

Diago plays E. Ryu so now he is never boring.
    I was talking more about how its a boring prediction because Daigo just won Topanga and he's Daigo.

although i don't find daigo's e.ryu at all exciting. i haven't seen him go for a lot of the gutsy and abusive stuff e.ryu can do, instead it seems he plays him as just ryu fundamentals + cr.mk fadc combos . maybe that's changed

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    e.ryu is one of the most boring characters in the game

cr.mk fadc combo, one mixup, stun, round over, repeat

watching e.ryu in ultra is like watching cammy in ae2012 to me

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    We've seen 2 Dudley/El Fuerte grand finals now, right?

It's only downhill from here anyways.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    PR Rog wins the entire thing with a pocket Dee Jay

BREAK THE INTERNET

edited December 2014
    momochi's doing a tutorial series
    this one's pretty basic but his other one on option selects in more advanced so i think it'll be a mix
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeuSBy0g--8

P10 on
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    EXTREME RUMOR WARNING from the guy who apparently called Decapre as the 5th Ultra char? Some of it seems plausible, some seems goofy

Ken Bogard wrote:
    Time / Weather effects in stages (i can see it already)

Release date : 2016, before the end of the fiscal year.

Unreal Engine 4

The new mechanic is named V-Trigger : You can change your stance.

16 characters (with future updates, see below)

No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)

The story mode will be way much better, they know they fucked up with sf4.

The PC version is here mostly because they want to bring the game to Latin America, South Asia, Africa...

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
    16 characters?

I have to revise my list.

(Honda is the first cut)

take it with a whole salt shaker

The whole video "leaking" these "details" was in French, one commenter said 16 characters is never even brought up in it

nope, too late, you posted it so it must be true

Yeah, I'd call bullshit on that, specifically the stance thing.

It looks like a mechanic that you activate and it turns on EX moves while burning meter, most likley.

I want V-Trigger to be real so we can get commentary variations on "PULL THE V-TRIGGER"

blow it too early and you were V-Trigger Happy

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    pull... the calamity trigger

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Messing around in DBFC.

It's kinda funny that half the cast is using legit shonen/superpower moves while the other half of the cast are lethal joke characters movelist wise throwing out the most random shit imaginable.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    I want V-Trigger to be real so we can get commentary variations on "PULL THE V-TRIGGER"
    I don't because you know there will be a variation of

"He has a license to pull the V-Trigger.

It's printed on his V-Card."

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited December 2014
    Radius wrote: »
    16 characters?

I have to revise my list.

(Honda is the first cut)
    But he's a world warrior :sad:

P10 on
    edited December 2014
    TY for the new wallpaper, Excellent Adventures Holiday Edition.

pmpz6zhpumjy.png

THESPOOKY on
    Y4bpWxQ.jpg

Kwality.

I

hrm

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    that poster looks like it was made in the 90s

4SMZq.jpg
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    oh also I think if Momochi picks Juri and beats Snake he can win the whole thing

but the safe bet is Daigo I suppose

I also think Nishikin has a good chance

4SMZq.jpg
    Wimble wrote: »
    that poster looks like it was made in the 90s

it also looks like it was made by someone who was parodying Capcom Cup

I saw a video of poison optimization tips, and 90% of it was stuff that I was already doing

feels good

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Man I was hoping they would go with a different art direction in sf5. I'm over the arkham asylum swole beast look

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    SFV Ryu looks just as swole as SF3 Ryu to me, though. We may need more pictures.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Harada loves throwing hissy fits on twitter

This isn't going to happen, and if it does then that's a ridiculously stupid precedent he just set for himself.

I actually wouldn't mind if she didn't make it into the us version. Not because she ruined tekken or any ridiculous shit like that, but because I guarantee low level online will be 90% Chloe players just like Jun and Asuka in ttt2, and she looks to be capo-esque, and ain't no one want to deal with that mess.

Its supremely awful for international competition though, really a bad idea. And if he actually sticks to the decision out of some kind of 'well maybe you shouldn't bitch about my stuff on the internet', that isn't going to make the people who are bitching feel bad. They're going to feel like they won and can get what they want by being loudmouths online. Regardless of how I feel about the character, or early footage, or the amount of hitsparks, or super moves or armor moves or any of this stuff, I'm still gonna buy it, because I love tekken. And so are the guys bitching, because obviously they care. When t5 was gearing up to release, everyone freaked the fuck out about the crush system, because holy shit they turned our game into street fighter oh man tekken sucks now and look at these new characters yuck game is doomed. And we all still played tekken. Its fine. I might find jpop idol horseshit extremely uncomfortable and weird, but it ain't like I can't still play King or Kazuya or possibly Bruce or Paul or whatever.

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    Its supremely awful for international competition though, really a bad idea. And if he actually sticks to the decision out of some kind of 'well maybe you shouldn't bitch about my stuff on the internet', that isn't going to make the people who are bitching feel bad. They're going to feel like they won and can get what they want by being loudmouths online. Regardless of how I feel about the character, or early footage, or the amount of hitsparks, or super moves or armor moves or any of this stuff, I'm still gonna buy it, because I love tekken. And so are the guys bitching, because obviously they care. When t5 was gearing up to release, everyone freaked the fuck out about the crush system, because holy shit they turned our game into street fighter oh man tekken sucks now and look at these new characters yuck game is doomed. And we all still played tekken. Its fine. I might find jpop idol horseshit extremely uncomfortable and weird, but it ain't like I can't still play King or Kazuya or possibly Bruce or Paul or whatever.
    Not only is it awful for competition, it was hinted that Lucky Chloe was a trans* character. These SJWs/skeletons harassed Harada and essentially petitioned to remove trans* representation from games.

I wanted her in, even if her design seemed oddly bland for a Tekken character. She seemed more like a Virtua Fighter style character, as if Virtua Fighter tried to create an idol character.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    B:L wrote: »
    Knob wrote: »
    Not only is it awful for competition, it was hinted that Lucky Chloe was a trans* character. These SJWs/skeletons harassed Harada and essentially petitioned to remove trans* representation from games.

I wanted her in, even if her design seemed oddly bland for a Tekken character. She seemed more like a Virtua Fighter style character, as if Virtua Fighter tried to create an idol character.

My only issue's on Lucky Chloe is that her moveset looked like the most infuriating thing. Lot's of auto-hopping/Auto-ducking with hardknockdowns tied to them sounds like a pain in the ass.

I mean the idol thing is....annoying, but that dosen't even register on the bad character design scale, even for Tekken(QUE FAN-VOTED IN VAMPIRE WITH GROWING TITS, on TOP of being robbed of the majesty that is Just a Salmon and Suddenly Female Paul).

I didn't hear about the Trans thing, that's a goddamn shame that shitheels are going to be shitheels.

But yeah, echoing, removing a character for a region is never good.

STILL mad about no Suddenly Female Paul.

I will say this: at least Chloe is interesting. I think Claudio and Katarina/Catalina/whichever are both pretty bland. Chloe at least stands out.

This discussion has been closed.