As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Magic: the Gathering] Durdle turtle's a big hurdle.

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    @WingedWeasel The tribal scene on MTGO has, as far as I'm aware, basically completely dissolved. There used to be weekly-ish tribal tournaments run by AJ Impy and Winter Wolf. Maybe try to get into contact with one of those folks and see if they know the scoop.

not sure if this is what became tribal apocalypse. i am pretty sure aj impy used to run that but i don't recognize the name winter wolf.

• cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Did someone say Tribal? I LOVE me some quirky Tribal EDH decks :) I'll make a tribal deck out of anything!

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Did someone say Tribal? I LOVE me some quirky Tribal EDH decks :) I'll make a tribal deck out of anything!

brushwagg tribal

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Feral wrote: »

brushwagg tribal

Huh...good thing I have all of the shapeshifters :-p

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    My favorite Tribal deck from that era was my Ooze tribe. Turn 3 Manaplasm, turn 4 Pyrokinesis your team, cast either Flame Javelin at your face or Tower Above on my dude and attack for a million. It rarely worked but by God was it fun when it did.

I have an Ooze EDH deck, but it mainly focused on having oozes persisting forever as tokens. More fun than effective, plus I didn't have the Ooze Commander, which also caused it to be less effective.

I'd wager if today I were to make a Tribal deck to play with dudes I'd make Hydras. There is now enough actual support and good enough Hydras.

Also...HAIL HYDRA! jokes. I mean, come on!

I really, really wanted to make a Hydra tribal deck, but they were too damn expensive.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    someone traded for one of each of my trade binder hydras a while back

i thought the day would never come

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I have an Ooze EDH deck, but it mainly focused on having oozes persisting forever as tokens. More fun than effective, plus I didn't have the Ooze Commander, which also caused it to be less effective.

Hey I am actually trying to make an ooze edh. Would you mind tossing me your deck list, if you have it handy?

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Just in case people who browse via bookmarks don't see it, I started a round of Three Card Blind Magic if anyone is interested. The more, the merrier!

Arch wrote: »

Hey I am actually trying to make an ooze edh. Would you mind tossing me your deck list, if you have it handy?

Sorry, I just switched computers, and my deck is archived somewhere deep. I can give it a shot, though I wouldn't hold your breath.

• slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    found an old trading book of my dads, filled with cards from 4th edition.

Found some dark rituals, brainstorms, ashes to ashes and some pain lands

Heck, I've got physical cards going back to The Dark. I don't know why I've been lugging them around for so long; I need to offload them somehow.

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Heck, I've got physical cards going back to The Dark. I don't know why I've been lugging them around for so long; I need to offload them somehow.

I am in the same position with things going back to around the dark. I'd love to sell them but dont really have the energy to sit around and catalog it all. Plus I want to recoup something even if it just gets dumped into mtgo.

Hilariously it's be easier to simply setup my laptop and a desktop thsn to try and build physical decks for people coming over. Unfortunately my online collection isn't as robust, and well the program is frustrating.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Making a fungus EDH deck, this is my current list
    Commander: 1x Ghave, Guru of Spores

Basic Lands
    9x Plains
    9x Swamp
    10x Forest

Lands
    1x Command Tower
    1x Evolving Wilds
    1x Golgari Guildgate
    1x Golgari Rot Farm
    1x Orzhov Bascilica
    1x Orzhov Guildgate
    1x Overgrown Tomb
    1x Sandsteppe Citadel
    1x Selesnya Sanctuary
    1x Selesnya Guildgate
    1x Temple Garden
    1x Terramorphic Expanse
    1x Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree

Creatures
    1x Avacyn’s Pilgrim
    1x Bramble Elemental
    1x Corpsejack Menace
    1x Deathspore Thallid
    1x Elves of Deep Shadow
    1x Elvish Farmer
    1x Elvish Mystic
    1x Feral Thallid
    1x Jade Mage
    1x Loaming Shaman
    1x Mycologist
    1x Necra Disciple
    1x Nemata, Grove Guardian
    1x Pallid Mycoderm
    1x Phantom General
    1x Savage Thallid
    1x Selesnya Evangel
    1x Selesnya Guildmage
    1x Sporemound
    1x Sporesower Thallid
    1x Sporoloth Ancient
    1x Sylvan Caryatid
    1x Thallid
    1x Thallid Devourer
    1x Thallid Germinator
    1x Thallid Shell-Dweller
    1x Undergrowth Scavenger
    1x Verdant Force
    1x Verdeloth the Ancient
    1x Wayfaring Temple

Sorceries
    1x Death Mutation
    1x Explore
    1x Fertile Imagination
    1x Fungal Sprouting
    1x Rampant Growth
    1x Spontaneous Generation
    1x Spore Burst

Instants
    1x Abzan Charm
    1x Aura Mutation
    1x Druid’s Deliverance
    1x Feat of Resistance
    1x Flash Foliage
    1x Rootborn Defenses
    1x Scatter the Seeds
    1x Sundering Growth
    1x Trostani’s Judgment

Enchantments
    1x Conspiracy
    1x Ethereal Armor
    1x Fallen Ideal
    1x Fungal Bloom
    1x Intangible Virtue
    1x Night Soil
    1x Oblivion Ring
    1x Sterling Grove
    1x Unflinching Courage
    1x Vow of Duty

Artifacts
    1x Abzan Banner
    1x Sarpadian Empires, Vol. VII
    plenty to swap in and out for, I definitely need a Doubling Season, but this still seems pretty fun

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Image.ashx?multiverseid=389459&type=cardImage.ashx?multiverseid=386550&type=card

Both are quite cheap.

Playing Ghave paints a big ass target above your head in EDH because he can trip over himself and suddenly find himself going infinite.

Kelor on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Image.ashx?multiverseid=389459&type=card

My tertiary kill condition in my modern "Ideal Prison" deck. Crushing someone with an army of flying 10/10+ pegasus tokens is good times, but Purphoros usually gets the job done faster. (My #1 kill condition is still concession.)

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Thelon of havenwood for another fungus lord? ^.^

• tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    Played my Flying Bear Token deck and my +1/+1 B/G deck tonight with a few friends. Got some crazy results and had way too much fun while doing it.

First my Bear Token deck, I had 33 4/4 bear tokens out on turn like 8 or 9. Didn't draw either of my Archetype of Imaginations, so I lost to my friend playing his Stormtide Leviathan. Still had a blast playing about 8 4/4 bear tokens each turn. Hilarious

Then I played by +1/+1 counter deck. Won that game and ended it with me having a 6/6 Corspejack Menace, 12/12 Spiritmonger, 42/42 Spiritmonger with lifelink and a 58/58 Necropolis Regent. I was hamming it up pretty hard.

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
    apparently prerelease is going to be $26

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I saw somewhere that the contents are 1 pack KTK, 4 packs FRF, 1 special pack? Pretty cool that you get basically 5 packs of new stuff, compared to most other small set prereleases.

Modern Masters 2 announced.

Emrakul will be in it, and packs will be $10 each.

Ordered Duel Deck Anthology and Commander 2013 last week.

slappybag wrote: »
    Modern Masters 2 announced.

Emrakul will be in it, and packs will be $10 each.

More importantly there is a 99.999% chance that this is where they reprint the Zen fetches.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    friend of mine is asking what is a good commander deck to buy at this current time.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Draeven wrote: »
    friend of mine is asking what is a good commander deck to buy at this current time.

White and red carry the most value, but they're all fun.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

Also regarding MM2015: the judge program basically needs anybody who can judge, scorekeep, gopher, or otherwise support Vegas to volunteer. It is gonna be huge and they need a ton of help.

• skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    If they'll fly me to Vegas I'll volunteer! :P~

why are you smelling it?
    If I can get anything close to hotel and gas reimbursement they can have my weekend. But since that would be a brand new precedent for level 2s, I doubt they'll get it.

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Also regarding MM2015: the judge program basically needs anybody who can judge, scorekeep, gopher, or otherwise support Vegas to volunteer. It is gonna be huge and they need a ton of help.

they're capping at 10000 players.

That is a lot of players.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    The Betman wrote: »

they're capping at 10000 players.

That is a lot of players.

To be fair, anything over 5000 players is technically two Grands Prix.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    how many players was the last MM/GPVegas?

KalTorak wrote: »
    how many players was the last MM/GPVegas?

Just shy of 4500.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    When are we going to start getting spoilers for Fate Reforged? It prereleases in just over a month!

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Should be the last week of december.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I thought I was going to miss the prerelease this time since I'm going to a concert at the end of January. It's earlier than I thought it would be.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    If I can get anything close to hotel and gas reimbursement they can have my weekend. But since that would be a brand new precedent for level 2s, I doubt they'll get it.
    skarsol wrote: »
    If they'll fly me to Vegas I'll volunteer! :P~

I just got word that CFB/Cascade are providing hotel sponsorship for every judge that attends (on top of the regular compensation). Not quite sure what that means, but seems pretty great.

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    tehjester wrote: »
    When are we going to start getting spoilers for Fate Reforged? It prereleases in just over a month!

I actually have a card that I'm allowed to spoil early!
    Break the Siege
    U
    Instant

Counter target spell named Siege Rhino. Flashback 1U

"Yeah, ok guys... sorry about that. You think we would have learned after Thragtusk, right?"

This discussion has been closed.