As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FIGHTING GAMES - Dreamhack Summer and ECT June 13th!

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    I will say this: at least Chloe is interesting. I think Claudio and Katarina/Catalina/whichever are both pretty bland. Chloe at least stands out.

Claudio is a goddamn trainwreck of a character design, not even from a gameplay standpoint.

Catalina or whatever is going to be a must-play though, she's like, the second Badass_Female.exe character in Tekken history. Her move list being fairly high impact in comparison to the other female characters(Robot livedolls notwithstanding) is actually a nice change.

Hell, she would be the first if they didn't shift Nina to badass instead of Femme Fatale hot assassin inbetween T2 and T3.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Badass, Hits like-a-truck, don't give a shit about bringing sexy back female characters in tekken?

Leo Kliesen punches your argument in the neck

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Badass, Hits like-a-truck, don't give a shit about bringing sexy back female characters in tekken?

To be fair, I TOTALLY forgot about Leo and I knew I was forgetting someone.

The Leo "mystery" was absolutly my favorite thing about T6.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I think you are all forgetting about the highest impact female character in Tekken.

Please give Panda her due.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Now I am again sad that I cannot destroy scrubs with Suddenly Female Deathfists from Suddenly Female Paul

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Not only did we not get Suddenly Female Paul, she only finished in 6th place. They were going to make Sexy Tekken Force and Zombie Bride before they would make Just a Salmon or Suddenly Female Paul. It was hella rigged from the beginning too, they didn't even bother with concept art for most of the characters. Except for the "sexy" ones.

She did beat Giant Praying Mantis and Average Run of the Mill Old Man though.

Radius on
  • Options
    Blue spark demo woman at the wall

My dreams are shattered

• Options
    RevuhlooshinRevuhlooshin TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to decipher what ono could be teasing at capcom cup but only thing i can think of is either a character reveal or another mechanic.

• Options
    Ono will officially announce Street Fighter V at Capcom Cup.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    and they're gonna show a full match of SFV too right? so presumably that will show off all the mechanics and stuff in more detail than the trailers/clips so far

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    There's rumblings that a live match will be played

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    unless this isn't an official twitter account or something (entirely possible I guess)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Capcom cup is just Saturday, right?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Yeah yeah YEAH!

Also, it's Harada on twitter. He is 100% trolling neogaf; Chloe will be in the game.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I would bet that the winner of capcom cup gets to play sf5 with combofiend

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Omega mode showcase livestream

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    is there any chance that SFV will have a normal cancel system for combos instead of its existing link system?

Man I woukd be the happiest man.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    I'll have to say that I LOVE the name Lucky Chloe.

Because you can say it like a bad curse.

*gets hit by random bullshit* LUCKY CHLOEEEEE!!!

http://gocomics.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c5f3053ef013485dc2183970c-800wi

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    is there any chance that SFV will have a normal cancel system for combos instead of its existing link system?

I think there should be target combos for characters that can be used but that links should remain in it for harder/higher damaging combos

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I think there should be target combos for characters that can be used but that links should remain in it for harder/higher damaging combos

yeah, i think i'd be happiest if canceling was more ubiquitous/there were more pathways to success through canceling (if i can phrase it in the vaguest way)

but links should remain a large part of the game and should reward players. they just shouldn't gate ALL "real combos" with links maybe?

either way links need to be simply explained by the game from the get-go

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Have certain characters benefit more from links.

Have other characters benefit more from chains.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Floe is recreating Capcom Cup's bracket with CPU fighters

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    it's been like 5 years and i still don't know the difference between links and chains

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Chains and links have been around since Street Fighter 2. In fact back then they were the part of the same mechanic.
    Fighting_Barroom_Vega.jpg

Radius on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    it's been like 5 years and i still don't know the difference between links and chains

Chains are when you push the buttons in succession without huge attention being paid to timing, essentially canceling your normals into each other, like marvel and sfxt magic series

Links are what most of sf4 is made up of. Yang's jab is +8 on hit meaning I have time to combo/link anything yang has with 8 frames of start up or fewer, but I have to press that button within that 8 frame window and no other time or it won't combo/link

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Floe is recreating Capcom Cup's bracket with CPU fighters

This should not be as funny as it is, but god damn floe is hilarious.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014

chains are cancels, links are sequential

if you hit MP, and then hit HP as ken, the MP will chain cancel into HP. the recovery animation of the MP is completely disregarded and replaced with the HP start animation

links are allowing the MP to fully recover, and then pressing a button afterwards. MP hits, does full recovery, and then you LINK the start of HP in time to make it a combo

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

that's because adon doesn't have any chains to speak of

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    lots of characters have chain cancelable lights, which is useful for some stuff (it lets you do ez mode OS sweep)

i don't know of characters that really use their target combos. I guess 3s characters that have them, and Oni. I don't know if any of them are that efficient, tho. Oni's is, but you do the target combo in the middle of other links.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    kens target combo is actually really really bad

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Yun has useful target combos in his sweep and lplkmp that makes shoulder safe

he and yang have two hit air target combos

yang also has lkmkhk which i love

chun's jump in fierce fierce is great

Ibuki's sweep TC is useful and some of dudley's are as well

some are even cancelable

But yeah mostly third strike characters and at varying degrees of usefulness

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Sanford Kelly has stormed the Capcom Cup stage to challenge the undefeated winner, Snake Eyez

• Options
    Also, speaking of target combos, are any of Dudley's particularly useful? I think I wanna learn that character

• Options
    So hackers discovered that Leo (DLC character) is in the day one patch data for Xrd.

On the one hand, hacking games is bad k? On the other hand, this character looks so fucking swag it's not even funny and I can't wait to give arcsys my money.

is streaming practice mode/CPU matches with him right now.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I've never understood the hate for on disc dlc.

I love me some downloading 108k keys and that shit just works.

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    You can combo into Leo's instant kill

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »
    So hackers discovered that Leo (DLC character) is in the day one patch data for Xrd.

On the one hand, hacking games is bad k? On the other hand, this character looks so fucking swag it's not even funny and I can't wait to give arcsys my money.

is streaming practice mode/CPU matches with him right now.

hacking stuff that's already on the disc isn't bad at all

• Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    I've never understood the hate for on disc dlc.

I love me some downloading 108k keys and that shit just works.
    The idea is that if it's on the disc, it's already done and should have been available from the start.

Instead of unlocking characters through playing the game or beating challenges, you now have to pay for them. It's easy enough to understand why that would grind some gears.

Also this Leo character is breaking the FG rule of not using another FG's character name.

• Options
    Leo technically isn't on the disc; his data was included in the day one patch that added english language support. So he probably wasn't finished by the time the game went gold.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ph blake wrote: »
    Leo technically isn't on the disc; his data was included in the day one patch that added english language support. So he probably wasn't finished by the time the game went gold.
    At least he wasn't 2h3zn9d.png'd

B:L on
This discussion has been closed.