As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX South Musical Guests

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
http://south.paxsite.com/music

Freezepop, MC Frontalot, Paul and Storm, Minibosses, The Oneups, The Returners

• Options
    ArdentbiscuitArdentbiscuit Registered User regular
    Fantastic! I have been wanting to see Freezepop, The Oneups and The Returners!

• Options
    kyan22kyan22 Tucson,azRegistered User regular
    Yes mc frontalot!! Also so excited for Paul and storm I missed their show at pcc this year

• Options
    CyberFeyCyberFey Registered User regular
    No DoubleClicks? =(

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    You know what sucks about being an old fart? I never know who any of the bands are :(

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Ever since seeing them in the PAX PATV episodes, I've wanted to catch Freezepop at one of these things. Looks like I finally have a shot. =)

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    laurentheflutelaurentheflute Leader of The Returners AustinRegistered User regular

You... you've been wanting to see us? ;_; These are tears of joy running down my cheeks.

I'm the leader of the Returners (I've always wanted to say that!) and I'm just here to say that I am SO BEYOND EXCITED to finally see the minibosses after listening to them forever. I've never seen them live! Yay!

I got self-conscious about having a self-promotional signature. Now I don't have one anymore. HI, I'M LAUREN, I PLAY MUSIC AND VIDEO GAMES
  • Options
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    You know what sucks about being an old fart? I never know who any of the bands are :(
    I had only heard of one of the PAX acts outside of PAX before going to my first PAX, and I think I fit squarely within the demographic at the time. There's still acts that I'm hearing of for the first time through PAX. It's a good opportunity to branch out ;)

• Options

You... you've been wanting to see us? ;_; These are tears of joy running down my cheeks.

I'm the leader of the Returners (I've always wanted to say that!) and I'm just here to say that I am SO BEYOND EXCITED to finally see the minibosses after listening to them forever. I've never seen them live! Yay!

Don't cry! You guys are awesome and deserve the praise!

• Options
    If anyone is in LA the week after Pax this is happening..

tynng2usmpxi.jpg

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    I had only heard of one of the PAX acts outside of PAX before going to my first PAX, and I think I fit squarely within the demographic at the time. There's still acts that I'm hearing of for the first time through PAX. It's a good opportunity to branch out ;)

I FULLY AGREE. The bands are not ones I would typically see outside a PAX environment, but they always fit the environment and are entertaining.

• Options
    Tigre_RoaringTigre_Roaring Greater South Houston areaRegistered User regular
    Will there be any raves @ PAX South?

Gonna be there all 3 days!

• Options
    Will there be any raves @ PAX South?
    I don't believe I've ever seen anything rave-like at a PAX.

• Options
    I've never seen any raves at PAX either. I checked all the acts playing around PAX and there is nothing even electronic playing in San Antonio that weekend.

I didn't notice that Marvel traveling stage show will be in San Antonio PAX weekend..

http://www.marveluniverselive.com/tour-ticket/sanantonio-tx1495533439

• Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    I have been hoping to see Freezepop under the Musical Acts list for a PAX I'm going to since 2010 so really excited to see that. Also excited for Minibosses and OneUps, but a little disappointed Protomen won't be there.

• Options
    laurentheflutelaurentheflute Leader of The Returners AustinRegistered User regular
    Protomen just got announced for a double set at MAGFest that weekend, so that explains why they won't be at PAX!

I got self-conscious about having a self-promotional signature. Now I don't have one anymore. HI, I'M LAUREN, I PLAY MUSIC AND VIDEO GAMES
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    A great line up so far. I saw FrontALot in Austin and he puts on a great show if you a haven't seen it

I am still holding out hope that they get The Megas and MegaRan to sign on.

• Options
    It's pretty unlikely -- MAGFest is the same weekend and has both the Megas and MegaRan:

http://magfest.org/musicians

:(

• Options
    Once they announce the musical acts for a PAX, they are pretty set in stone.

• Options
    Sometimes bands announce their own side shows at other venues so anything is possible.