As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Android:Netrunner] The only time Bad Publicity isn't a thing to worry about.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    spring kit announced

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5252

Shorty wrote: »
    they won't be doing alt-art consoles any time soon

I'm not sure what will be at Worlds but I know more ice and icebreakers are coming down the pipe in the future, probably in the spring kit

muwahahahaha

Shorty on
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Aahhhhhh I'm going to go ro my first netrunner tournament this weekend.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!

If we can help you prep for it in any way, please shout. Happy to help!

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    there will be at least two more kits with ice and icebreakers

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I, for one, look forward to AA Femme Fatale. Like. A lot.

I, for one, look forward to AA Femme Fatale. Like. A lot.

it's happening

It has to. I don't think there's a breaker I care more to have in AA form. I've never used anything else close to as often as Femme. Even Corroder comes in second. Not that I'll mind that popping up either.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Alt art Gordian Blade? That's a must have, for me.

• Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to play some matches on OCTGN hit me up. I just got done with finals and I want to netrun with some people.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Blue map wrote: »
    If anyone wants to play some matches on OCTGN hit me up. I just got done with finals and I want to netrun with some people.

I'll play you if you don't mind me being rusty. Haven't played in while. I'm Frolic on OCTGN.

• Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Blue map wrote: »

I'll play you if you don't mind me being rusty. Haven't played in while. I'm Frolic on OCTGN.
    @Carnarvon I'm on right now as zamsam if you want to play a couple matches.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Cerberus wrote: »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Have gamestop not have broken street date on guilty gear xrd would help.

I spent all evening playing that instead of going to my FLGS to play matches...

Cerberus wrote: »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Have gamestop not have broken street date on guilty gear xrd would help.

I spent all evening playing that instead of going to my FLGS to play matches...

Yeah, but ... can you really say you lost?

• blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    This game seems super cool and right up my alley. I totally need to find someone to play this with.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    This game seems super cool and right up my alley. I totally need to find someone to play this with.

Story of my life, bro.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Well, I have Creation and Control now. Some of these cards seem pretty nuts. And some are hilarious. Stuff like Escher and Howler just makes me feel a certain kind of silly glee. I have no idea how useful Escher can actually BE, but I'm probably going to use it anyway.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I always remember getting a certain taste in my mouth when I got Escher played on me. Both because I typically didn't see it coming and because it made me scrap any immediate plan I had for damage control.

Bile? I think the taste was bile.

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I rarely see Escher in play and the few times I have seen it everything turns awful. All of my forward plans are suddenly out the window and I'm left having to run damage control. It's recoverable but puts you in an uncomfortable position for a few turns.

I think it gets overlooked cause it costly at 3C and doesn't present any obvious net gain for the runner like Account Siphon, Indexing, and Leg Work. Damned if it isn't painful to be hit by.

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
    I've always loved it, but at 5 influence I've never been able to splash for it.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Well, I like the Shapers the most, so influence is not a problem for me.

Seriously, in both intro fictions from Shapers, I loved the characters. I'm probably going to make a deck with Rielle just on the general reason that I like her.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's been amazing for me a couple of times playing a Kit Yogosaur deck. Hit R&D a lot so they ice it up, then rearrange all their ice so you hit nothing but code gates and wheeeeeeeeeee

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Escher's always been something you need a plan for. But man, when it goes off and everything falls into place, it can be a bitch.

Like moving all their code gates onto one server and having a Cyber-Cipher blow through them.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Store Championship locations announced! Ridiculous to see tiny, tiny places with events but none in Cambridge (I've tried getting the FLGS here on board...), but good to see that there are around four or so I might be able to reasonably travel to, scheduling permitting.

Epimer on
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    OMG there's one a mere 2.5 hours drive away. Putting my first netrunner tournament in the calender right now :)

None in Australia?

What the hell?

Anzekay wrote: »
    None in Australia?

What the hell?

Don't think that is correct. There are a number of other countries missing as well.

Yeah I asked around and it turns out there's just the usual crappy communication between Australians stores and FFG going on. Hopefully I'll hear of a list soon enough.

Hrm. There's a tiny store near me that somehow got a Netrunner one again. Which is weird, since I'm pretty sure last time they got one they didn't actually run it. Wonder how they pulled that off.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Took @Cerberus‌ ' NBN Worlds deck to my final week of the league last night. Ran it along with Leela, and started the night one point out of first place (each win gets a point, attending gets 5 points a week, bringing a new ID gets 1 point, each night is a three-round tournament with a prize for first). Went 6-0 for 12 prestige and ended up winning the league by two points. Long story short: Leela is legit, Cerb can build decks, and I'm flush with promos.

"Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
    I really do hate how they do the Championships listings. Trying to find a Conquest one, and where they listed a store's location at doesn't match up with anything on said store's website.

Wish they'd force stores to list the exact day/time/location on the FFG website.

persona4celestia.jpg
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I really do hate how they do the Championships listings. Trying to find a Conquest one, and where they listed a store's location at doesn't match up with anything on said store's website.

Wish they'd force stores to list the exact day/time/location on the FFG website.

the stores haven't generally decided that yet, is the thing

for whatever reason, FFG lets stores see if they actually get approved to host before they set a date

persona4celestia.jpg
    Well there's your bad publicity ID. I'm sure some people will enjoy that.

I'm liking what I see otherwise though. Edward Kim is still so very, very me. Super looking forward to Order & Chaos. :)

I think the Forked/Knifed/Spooned/Eater combo is going to be fascinating to watch. Nice to see Anarchs get some toys that actually have a influence cost, too, so Crims just don't steal everything.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I think the Forked/Knifed/Spooned/Eater combo is going to be fascinating to watch. Nice to see Anarchs get some toys that actually have a influence cost, too, so Crims just don't steal everything.

I can't wait to play around with the whole thing. I think some really wild decks could come out of those cards and the stuff that synergizes with it.

• TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Highlight play of last night, which is actually available to watch on twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/meadhallgames/b/598264719, timestamp 54:00):

I'm playing Leela vs. PE, There are two HoKs in the archives, along with three cards face down. I have a Hades Shard installed and am currently losing 3-1. I know she has Scorches in her deck, as I've keyholed one of them into archives. Clicks 1 and 2 I dump a Same Old Thing to account siphon and empty her bank. Click 3, I run one of three face-down remotes (one of which I know is a psychic field) and grab a Philotic Entaglement (If you're watching the video, you'll notice that I miss Leela's trigger here). I realize at this point that I've made a terrible mistake as I didn't dump the tags. Two cards in hand, lots of money, but I can't dump the tags. If she has a scorch in hand, she can double-click for 3c (from the agenda that lets you do that) and then click three play it. So, I do what any responsible runner would do at this point, and I draw a card to get up to three in hand and pass the turn.

As predicted, she double-clicks for three, and I ask her to wait after click two. I decide I'm dead unless I can win right now, so I pop the Hades Shard and look at the three face down cards. One of them is a Future Perfect. She has three credits, and almost certainly that scorched in hand. So... time to think. I access the FP first, obviously, and we play the game. I have a ton of money, so my thought process is:
    "The only way she can scorch me is with three creds. So, if she wants that as an option, she has to spend zero. However, she knows that I know that, and if I spend zero (almost always the right play in a psi game), it's game over as I can take those two HoKs as well and win. So, I don't think she'll spend zero. If she's not going to spend zero, she'll probably spend two, because she won't think that I spend two. Ok. I'll spend two."

She spends one, I spend two, and the FP stays in archives, but.. there's no more scorch possibility. I take the HoKs, getting me up to 5-3, and she decides to Neural the last card out of my hand on her click three. Unfortunately, this bankrupts her, so on my turn, I just run archives and spend zero and steal the FP.

It was a crazy tense moment, and I'm proud of the play I made. Though, not super proud of my psi game spending. If I spend zero, there's no way I can lose the game. By spending 2, if she spends zero, I'm done.

TheMadjai on
    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
    TheMadjai wrote: »
    Took @Cerberus‌ ' NBN Worlds deck to my final week of the league last night. Ran it along with Leela, and started the night one point out of first place (each win gets a point, attending gets 5 points a week, bringing a new ID gets 1 point, each night is a three-round tournament with a prize for first). Went 6-0 for 12 prestige and ended up winning the league by two points. Long story short: Leela is legit, Cerb can build decks, and I'm flush with promos.

Well done :)
    Glad the deck worked for you.

What cool loot did you get?

Yeah, I was really confused there by you spending any credits. I think 1 was the right play on her side, although indeed, she could have gone 0 in that "Oh well" way and got you, much to her surprise I'm sure. :P
    Congrats though. Good moment. :)

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »
    Store Championship locations announced! Ridiculous to see tiny, tiny places with events but none in Cambridge (I've tried getting the FLGS here on board...), but good to see that there are around four or so I might be able to reasonably travel to, scheduling permitting.

Hooray! Lots in the Bay Area too. Gonna be hard but I've got a few chances it looks like.

This discussion has been closed.