As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] A land of Shadow and Madness (Dungeon World)

NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
Eleusis, the island of Shadow and Madness; where wolves speak in the voices of men and the undead haunt the woods. It is a dangerous land, where magic infuses the very air, a path is never guaranteed to take you to the same destination twice, and the towns and villages need strong walls to protect them during the long nights. The length of the seasons, and even the length of the day is unpredictable there and it is said that the land’s corrupt nobility make deals with the Devils for long life and power. And it is the land where you find yourselves now, on the road to the capital city of Kore and about to arrive in the village of Elefsina.

Recruitment: I’m looking for 4(ish) players for a pbp Dungeon World dark fantasy/gothic/horror focused game. If you are not familiar with Dungeon World that is ok, the rules can be found at http://www.dungeonworldsrd.com/. Any of the basic classes are acceptable; any classes from supplements have to be OKed on a case by case basis.

Setting: Eleusis is a harsh and unforgiving place. But it is also across the sea from the Empire of Gold and their Book of The Thousand Righteous Laws. It is a land where you can still seek your fortune, study magic without a license, worship the god of your choice, or evade an arrest warrant.

Eleusis is inspired by Ravenloft and the Shadowfell from D&D. Unlike them, it is a place in the physical world, an island about the size of Ireland north of the main continent in the setting. Like Ravenloft and the Shadowfell it is otherworldly, distance and time don’t always work like they should. It draws on the horror traditions, but is still a place of adventure where a hero can make a difference while trying to strike it rich. Just make sure to lock your doors at night and watch out for vampires!

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I'd love to play some Dungeon World, as I haven't before.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I've never had a chance to play Dungeonworld, so I'd love to take part!

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    Sounds good! You can both create a character, two pieces of advice about the DW system though since you are both new. First Don't be afraid to add to the world's lore. I'm purposefully keeping things vague so feel free to make up your own gods, countries etc. for you backstory. Second, is once we get into play don't sweat moves too much. The rules follow from the fiction so if your character can reasonably do something they can do it without worrying about if they have a move for it.

• Options
    Cool!

One question before I do anything though, there are various points in the guide where it specifically states that you need to pick one specific option from a list.

That's fine mechanics wise, but what about flavor stuff, like Character Name? It says pick one from the list, but I assume they should be examples and we can name ourselves anything?

• Options
    Yeah, you can pick any name or hair style you want you want. I've always assumed the intention of that is to make the process as quick as possible and to help people new to rpgs, but it isn't a limiter.
    Also I think this guide is pretty handy at explaining some of the things DW does differently than most rpgs. http://apocalypse-world.com/forums/index.php?topic=4996.0

• Options
    The EverymanThe Everyman Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I'm in for a game of Dungeon World, one of my favorite systems. I'll have a Wizard posted shortly. Other than a completed character sheet, is there anything else you want from us right now?

The Everyman on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Ovis Hale, the Wizard
    Haunted Eyes, Styled Hair, Worn Robes, Thin Body

Stats
    09 STR (+0)
    13 DEX (+1)
    12 CON (+0)
    16 INT (+2)
    15 WIS (+1)
    08 CHA (-1)

Damage d4 | Armor 0 | HP 16/16
    Level 1 [3/8 XP]

Alignment: Neutral - Discover something about a magical mystery.
    Race: Human - Choose one cleric spell. You can cast it as if it was a wizard spell. (Speak With The Dead)

Bonds
    Rurik will play an important role in the events to come. I have foreseen it!
    Obelin is keeping an important secret from me.
    Freya is woefully misinformed about the world; I will teach them all that I can.

Prepared Spells
    Cantrips: Light / Unseen Servant / Prestidigitation
    Level 1: Magic Missile / Speak With The Dead

Moves
    Spellbook
    You have mastered several spells and inscribed them in your spellbook. You start out with three first level spells
    in your spellbook as well as the cantrips. Whenever you gain a level, you add a new spell of your level or lower to
    your spellbook. You spellbook is 1 weight.

Cantrips: Light, Unseen Servant, Prestidigitation
    Level 1: Charm Person, Magic Missile, Alarm, Speak With The Dead

Prepare Spells
    When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) in quiet contemplation of your spellbook, you:
    Lose any spells you already have prepared
    Prepare new spells of your choice from your spellbook whose total levels don’t exceed your own level+1.
    Prepare your cantrips which never count against your limit.

Cast a Spell (Int)
    When you release a spell you’ve prepared, roll+Int.
    ✴On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and you do not forget the spell—you may cast it again later.
    ✴On a 7-9, the spell is cast, but choose one:
    You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
    The spell disturbs the fabric of reality as it is cast—take -1 ongoing to cast a spell until the next time you Prepare Spells.
    After it is cast, the spell is forgotten. You cannot cast the spell again until you prepare spells.

Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.

Spell Defense
    You may end any ongoing spell immediately and use the energy of its dissipation to deflect an oncoming attack. The spell
    ends and you subtract its level from the damage done to you.

Ritual
    When you draw on a place of power to create a magical effect, tell the GM what you’re trying to achieve. Ritual effects
    are always possible, but the GM will give you one to four of the following conditions:
    It’s going to take days/weeks/months
    First you must ____
    You’ll need help from ____
    It will require a lot of money
    The best you can do is a lesser version, unreliable and limited
    You and your allies will risk danger from ____
    You’ll have to disenchant ____ to do it

Gear [Load 5/7]
    spellbook (1 weight)
    dagger (hand, 1 weight)
    dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
    bag of books (3 uses, 2 weight)
    3 healing potions (0 weight)
    3 antitoxins (0 weight)
    1 coins
    sapphire (~80 coins)

Background
    WANTED
    to answer for the sins of
    apostasy [ch.1:76], dereliction of duty [ch.4:95], practice of unlicensed spell-craft [ch.9:19],
    and theft of ritual knowledge granted by the Seventeen Nameless Divines [ch.10:1]

QOBVWTU.jpg?1
    Ovis Hale, renounced Low Acolyte of the Lady of Final Measure
    Empire of Gold, Aurous City, the Temple of Debts and Death,
    in the Year 559 of Harvest, as writ by the Book of The Thousand Righteous Laws

The Everyman on
  • Options
    I will have a character sheet up soon, but due to the presence of bonds and the fact that the game discourages multiples of the same class, I figured I'd get my character concept up sooner rather than later.

Name: Rurik Dunkeld

Class: Warrior

Race: Dwarf

Background: House Dunkeld was once a prominent family in the Ancient Dwarven City-State of Halmarr, with several notable ancestors serving notable positions in the military, stopping the surge of elementals from below the depths, spreading to the surface. This changed many years ago, House Dunkeld is exiled to the surface, and Rurik is the only known remaining member of the House.

Rurik has spent most of his known life travelling place to place, taking up contracts with various mercenary companies and city guardsmanships, with his trusty great-axe Sofia at his side.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Rurik Dunkeld, the Fighter.

Race: Dwarf

Hard eyes, Battered Helm, Scarred Skin, Built body.

NEUTRAL - Defeat a worthy enemy.

Image and Background
    dwarf.jpg

House Dunkeld was once a prominent family in the Ancient Dwarven City-State of Halmarr, with several notable ancestors serving notable positions in the military, stopping the surge of elementals from below the depths, spreading to the surface. This changed many years ago, House Dunkeld is exiled to the surface, and Rurik is the only known remaining member of the House.

Rurik has spent most of his known life travelling place to place, taking up contracts with various mercenary companies and city guardsmanships, with his trusty great-axe Sofia at his side.

Stats:

Strength: 16 (+2)

Dexterity: 12 (+0)

Constitution: 15 (+1)

Intelligence: 9 (+0)

Wisdom: 8 (-1)

Charisma: 13 (+1)

Max HP: 25

Armor: 2

Base damage: d10

Moves:
    When you share a drink with someone, you may parley with them using CON instead of CHA.

Bend Bars, Lift Gates

When you use pure strength to destroy an inanimate obstacle, roll+Str.

✴ On a 10+, choose 3.

✴ On a 7-9 choose 2.
    • It doesn’t take a very long time
    • Nothing of value is damaged
    • It doesn’t make an inordinate amount of noise
    • You can fix the thing again without a lot of effort

Armored

You ignore the clumsy tag on armor you wear

Signature Weapon:

"Sofia" - Axe (+2 Weight)

Range: Close

Enhancements:

Sharp (+ 2 Piercing)

Glows in the presence of Elementals.

Look: Ornate

Gear:

"Sofia" - (+2 weight)

Dungeon rations (5/5, + 1 Weight)

Scale Armor (2 Armor, +3 weight)

2 Healing Potions

22 coins.

Overall Weight (6/14)

Bonds

Fill in the name of one of your companions in at least one:

Rook owes me their life, whether they admit it or not.

I have sworn to protect Freya

The Brayster on
  • Options
    I'm planning on a Druid. Should have the sheet up later today.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Name: Obelin

Wild Eyes, Messy Hair, Weathered Hides

Tell: Wolf's Yellow Eyes

Human

Base Stats

STR: 13 (+1)
    DEX: 9 (+0)
    CON: 15 (+1)
    INT: 12 (+0)
    WIS: 16 (+2)
    CHA: 8 (-1)

Your maximum HP is 6+Constitution.

HP: 19/21
    Armor: 1
    XP: 1

Your base damage is d6.

Moves
    Human
    As your people learned to bind animals to field and farm, so too are you bound to them. You may always take the shape of any domesticated animal, in addition to your normal options.

Born of the Soil
    You learned your magic in a place whose spirits are strong and ancient and they’ve marked you as one of their own. No matter where you go, they live within you and allow you to take their shape. Choose one of the following. It is the land to which you are attuned—when shapeshifting you may take the shape of any animal who might live in your Land.

The Great Forests

Chose a tell—a physical attribute that marks you as born of the soil—that reflects the spirit of your land. It may be an animal feature like antlers or leopard’s spots or something more general: hair like leaves or eyes of glittering crystal. Your tell remains no matter what shape you take.

By Nature Sustained
    You don’t need to eat or drink. If a move tells you to mark off a ration just ignore it.

Spirit Tongue
    The grunts, barks, chirps, and calls of the creatures of the wild are as language to you. You can understand any animal native to your land or akin to one whose essence you have studied.

Shapeshifter
    When you call upon the spirits to change your shape, roll+Wis.

✴ On a 10+ hold 3.

✴ On a 7–9 hold 2.

✴ On a miss hold 1 in addition to whatever the GM says.

You may take on the physical form of any species whose essence you have studied or who lives in your land: you and your possessions meld into a perfect copy of the species’ form. You have any innate abilities and weaknesses of the form: claws, wings, gills, breathing water instead of air. You still use your normal stats but some moves may be harder to trigger—a housecat will find it hard to do battle with an ogre. The GM will also tell you one or more moves associated with your new form. Spend 1 hold to make that move. Once you’re out of hold, you return to your natural form. At any time, you may spend all your hold and revert to your natural form.

Studied Essence
    When you spend time in contemplation of an animal spirit, you may add its species to those you can assume using shapeshifting.
    Alignment
    Choose an alignment:

Neutral
    Eliminate an unnatural menace.

Gear
    Your load is 6+Str. You carry some token of your land, describe it.

A necklace of braided vines.

Choose your defenses:

Hide armor (1 armor, 1 weight)

Choose your armament:

Staff (close, two-handed, 1 weight)

Choose one:

Poultices and herbs (2 uses, 1 weight)

Bonds
    Fill in the name of one of your companions in at least one:

Ovis smells more like prey than a hunter.

The spirits spoke to me of a great danger that follows Rurik.

I have showed ________________ a secret rite of the Land.

___________ has tasted my blood and I theirs. We are bound by it.

Inventory:
    Great Forest Necklace
    Hide armor
    Staff
    Poultices and herbs

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    Looking good from everybody so far. Since there hasn't been any interest from a fourth person I think you guys can start assigning Bonds and we can hop into the adventure.

• Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    I'm actually interested but I'm waffling between a cleric, paladin or a bard. I'll try and post something tonight.

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Freya, the Cleric
    Kind Eyes, Strange Hair, Habit, Thin Body

Image & Background
    Background: Freya was raised in an orphanage run by the Order of the Forge. Abandoned as an infant on their doorstep, she's never known her parents. Unsuited to the contemplative life of a cloistered nun, she was sent to the surface as a missionary after she had joined the Order. Drawn to help those in need, the will of the Forge has set Sister Freya on a path to Eleusis.

8l92hkzy2i9u.jpg
    The Sign of the Anvil
    y5y8uzfwjpn8.png

Stats
    15 STR (+1)
    12 DEX (+0)
    13 CON (+1)
    08 INT (-1)
    16 WIS (+2)
    09 CHA (+0)

Damage d6 | Armor 1 | HP 21/21
    Level 1 [6/8 XP]

Alignment: Good - Endanger yourself to heal another.
    Race: Dwarf - You are one with stone. When you commune you are also granted a special version of Words of the Unspeaking as a rote which only works on stone.
    Deity: The Forge - Healing and Restoration. Your religion preaches the sanctity of suffering, add Petition: Suffering.

Bonds
    Ovis has insulted my deity; I do not trust them.
    Obelin is a good and faithful person; I trust them implicitly.
    Rook is in constant danger, I will keep them safe.
    I am working on converting Rurik to my faith.

Rotes: Words of the Unspeaking (stone), Light, Sanctify, Guidance
    Prepared Spells: Cure Light Wounds, Bless

Gear [Load 4/11]
    Coin: 3
    Anvil Talisman (0 weight)
    Dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
    Shield (+1 armor, 2 weight)
    Warhammer (close, 1 weight)
    Healing Potion (0 weight)

Moves
    Divine Guidance - When you petition your deity according to the precept of your religion, you are granted some useful knowledge or boon related to your deity’s domain. The GM will tell you what.

Turn Undead - When you hold your holy symbol aloft and call on your deity for protection, roll+Wis.
    ✴On a 7+, so long as you continue to pray and brandish your holy symbol, no undead may come within reach of you.
    ✴On a 10+, you also momentarily daze intelligent undead and cause mindless undead to flee. Aggression breaks the effects and they are able to act as normal. Intelligent undead may still find ways to harry you from afar. They’re clever like that.

Commune - When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) in quiet communion with your deity, you:
    Lose any spells already granted to you.
    Are granted new spells of your choice whose total levels don’t exceed your own level+1, and none of which is a higher level than your own level.
    Prepare all of your rotes, which never count against your limit.

Cast a Spell - When you unleash a spell granted to you by your deity, roll+Wis.
    ✴On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and your deity does not revoke the spell, so you may cast it again.
    ✴On a 7–9, the spell is cast, but choose one:
    You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
    Your casting distances you from your deity—take -1 ongoing to cast a spell until the next time you commune.
    After you cast it, the spell is revoked by your deity. You cannot cast the spell again until you commune and have it granted to you.

Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.

Boozer on
  • Options
    I've got my bonds filled out and I'm ready to roll!

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Interest! Interest! I can post something (Elf Wizard to counter that silly dwarf fighter of course!) when I get home this afternoon! Sorry, I just noticed the thread!

Nealneal on
  • Options
    Should we not each give a slight background/personality summary of each of our characters first? It'd make it easier to establish bonds that make sense.

That being said, @Boozer‌ , I guess if Freya has a Bond with Rurik in the form of trying to convert him, than I guess it would make sense to make one of my bonds 'I have sworn to protect Freya'

Freya is both a fellow Dwarf and a Devotee of Dwarven gods to boot. It is practically an unwritten code of honor for Rurik to swear for her protection outright, even if he himself isn't particularly pious.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    @The Brayster - Yeah I was planning on writing up a short background, but I'm totally cool with swapping my bonds around if folks think my first pass doesn't fit. That said "I have sworn to protect Freya" was the one I thought made sense for Rurik.

edit - added a short background to my char post

Boozer on
  • Options
    Nealneal wrote: »
    Interest! Interest! I can post something (Elf Wizard to counter that silly dwarf fighter of course!) when I get home this afternoon! Sorry, I just noticed the thread!
    There is actually already a Wizard, so another class would be better.
    With that I'm also going to say 5 players is enough and close recruitment.

In terms of background feel free to write as much or little as you wish. In my experience DW handles low background characters well since you can declare detail during play.

• Options
    I totally missed the wizard! I saw the cleric, fighter, and druid. Rogue? Everyone likes a rogue.

• Options
    I asked Neaden if he wanted any further info from us, but my question got missed I think. I've played with GMs before that didn't want any pre-established backstory, so I was holding off.

I'll go ahead and write something up in a few hours once I'm home from work.

• Options
    Also, if anyone is interested, the PDF of the Dungeonworld core book as well as various additions to the material are currently on offer for the Bundle of Holding, in case you want to read over the rules and such to get a better understanding of how it works.

I know I personally like to get a good grip beforehand.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    May I present Rook, halfling street thief, barroom con man, and all around great guy!

Image and Background
    Standing three and a half feet tall with brown hair, Rook was a handsome, if small looking boy. In truth, he was a grown halfling man. He used this illusion of childish innocence to prey on those too stupid to keep their money. Not the most honorable game, but it's hard to convince the world of your potential when everyone thinks you're a child.
    b5cb24ljmtwk.jpg

Class- Thief
    Race- Halfling
    Look- Shifty Eyes, Messy Hair, Dark Clothes, Lithe Body

Abilities:
    Strength- 8
    Dexterity- 16
    Constitution- 9
    Intelligence- 12
    Wisdom- 13
    Charisma- 15

HP- 15
    Damage- 1d8

Starting Moves:
    Halfling- +2 Damage with Ranged Weapons
    Trap Expert
    Tricks of the Trade
    Backstab
    Flexible Morals
    Poisoner
    Alignment- Neutral

Gear (Load- 17):
    Dungeon Rations- 5 Uses, 1 Weight
    Leather Armor- 1 Armor, 1 Weight
    Goldenroot- 3 Uses
    Rapier- Close, Precise, 1 Weight
    3 Throwing Daggers- 0 Weight
    Adventuring Gear- 1 Weight
    10 Coins

Bonds:
    I stole something from Freya.
    Rurik has my back when things go wrong.
    Ovis and I have a con running.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    I asked Neaden if he wanted any further info from us, but my question got missed I think. I've played with GMs before that didn't want any pre-established backstory, so I was holding off.

I'll go ahead and write something up in a few hours once I'm home from work.

Oh sorry about that! Background is cool, but I know that some people don't really like writing it so it is not required. I think an advantage of Dungeon World is that it works well both with incorporating peoples background in play, or writing your background as the game happens.

The Dungeon World Bundle looks good, but just so you guys know I might be using some elements from the Ghostwood Haunts adventure, so try to resist reading that one if you buy it.

Finally a question for you guys. Would you want to continue to use this thread, or for me to create a separate IC thread and use this one as the OOC thread? I'm fine with combining the two and using spoiler boxes but don't care strongly either way.

• Options
    Oh right, I never actually updated my bonds.

Rook owes me their life, whether they admit it or not.

I have sworn to protect Freya

The other two bonds provided for the Fighter, I'm not entirely sure how I can make them make sense so I guess I'll just roll with the two bonds for now and establish others later.

I am a fan of simply sticking OOC chat in spoilers, but I'm not necessarily against the idea of a separate thread either.

• Options
    I'm fine with either, but my vote is to just use this thread with spoilered OOC text

• Options
    edited December 2014
    My preference is to have a single thread, with spoiler tags for ooc. Less to keep track of.

Edit- I updated my sheet with a little backstory. Kept things minimalist, but we'll find out more in game, I'm sure.

The Everyman on
  • Options
    I also prefer a single thread with ooc spoilers.

• Options
    Also, if anyone is interested, the PDF of the Dungeonworld core book as well as various additions to the material are currently on offer for the Bundle of Holding, in case you want to read over the rules and such to get a better understanding of how it works.

I know I personally like to get a good grip beforehand.

I ended up picking this up, so much to delicious pdf to read. :biggrin:

• Options
    Then in the interest of keeping things moving

Toolbooths are a common site near village in Eleusius. This one, like most, is staffed by men wearing the uniform of some local lord. Unlike the majority of the tollbooths you have seen however, the 4 men staffing this one are distinctly dead, each of them has has a distinctly fatal somewhere on their body and their uniforms are dirty and ragged. Unfortunately their weapons look sharp enough.

There are four of them, two have a sword and shield, a third holds a spear and a forth grabs a bow. One of the two with a sword and shield, barks out a quick command. "Kill them all, make sure not to damage the human's bodies too much, they'll make fine recruits."

• Options
    Rurik narrows his eyes as he reaches one hand for Sofia.

"Hold up boys, how about we talk to each other before we do something we might regreat".

Ruriks voice turns to more of a growl.

"Otherwise give me your names, the Rite of the Dead is still important even for the lowest of beings"

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Rook looks at the advancing deadmen, and then back at the dwarf.

"Ironbeard, I don't think those fellas are looking for conversation..."

Rook then steps slightly behind Rurik and draws one of his throwing daggers.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    “In times of war, the Forge accepts even the nameless back to be remade. And the Forge has forever been at war with the Broken.” Freya says, readying her shield.

Her free hand drawing the Sign of the Anvil in the air, the Cleric raises her voice in prayer. “Forge, sharpen this warrior's axe, that we may send these soulless mockeries back to the Anvil!”

The Sister then draws her warhammer, in preparation for the battle to come.
    Casting Bless on Rurik. If I get a 7-9 I’ll put myself in a spot.
    Geth roll 2d6+2 for casting Bless on Rurik

edit - yeesh, well I guess marking xp is nice :p
    Since every cleric needs a simple hand-sign to ward off evil, I tried to come up with one that looks like a stylized anvil. My symbol of the divine is an amulet with this sign as well.
    y5y8uzfwjpn8.png

casting Bless:
    2d6+2 5 [2d6=2, 1]

Boozer on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    "Recruits? These abominations wish us to join them," Obelin snarls. He shapeshifts to a wolf, ready to fight.
    Geth roll 2d6+2 for shapeshifting. Hold 2.

shapeshifting:
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=4, 3]

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    The undead hesitate at Rurik's words for a moment, until Freya's prayer begins and they spring into action. The archer draws an arrow to his bow and launches it at the dwarven cleric as the two swordsmen move forward in formation with the spear wielder bringing up the rear of the formation. They move with discipline making it obvious that this is not the first time they have fought together.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Ovis

The wizard's eyes flit up from a tattered copy of Fischer's Malady Reference: A Comprehensive Guide to Uncommon Diseases, Poisons, Curses, and Ailments to observe the advancing guardsmen. With a heavy sigh at the sheer inconvenience, Ovis returns his attention to the tome, finishing up the last of a paragraph (typical symptoms of mycological petrification) before slipping a silk ribbon bookmark into place and stowing the book away.

Ovis stood a good yard or two behind the group, keeping the armored dwarves and their weapons between he and the advancing undead. Freya's divine plea earns a hearty eye-roll and click of the tongue from the reformed acolyte -- faith or no, verbal incantations were always less subtle than practiced somatic spellcraft. His fingers twirl in measured rhythm, hand held low at side. When the arcane current grows strong enough, Ovis takes aim and launches a luminescent missile at the undead archer.
    geth roll 2d6+2 to Cast Magic Missile

to Cast Magic Missile:
    2d6+2 11 [2d6=3, 6]

The Everyman on
  • Options
    geth roll 2d4 for Magic Missile Damage

Magic Missile Damage:
    2d4 4 [2d4=1, 3]

• Options
    edited December 2014
    @Neaden should I roll for Defy Danger on the arrow, or do I just take the damage since that was a hard fail? If, so how many hp do I lose?

Boozer on
  • Options
    Boozer wrote: »
    @Neaden should I roll for Defy Danger on the arrow, or do I just take the damage since that was a hard fail? If, so how many hp do I lose?
    You still have time to react, just not to stop the archer from firing.

• Options
    Seeing that she's the target of the archer, Freya ducks behind her shield.

"Something I said?" she quips.
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Defy Danger using Con

Defy Danger using Con:
    2d6+1 11 [2d6=5, 5]