As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] A Classy Christmas II; Day Seventeen Total: $7,197.90

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    But then there's the opposite problem; you find a great game, and still can't sleep because you just keep playing and playing and playing. I ran into that last night with Roller Coaster Tycoon. I believe it may be about the perfect game. I can't find anything wrong with it*, and it just sucks me in every single time I play, no matter how many times I've beat the same map.

Last night it was, "well, I'll just put up one more coaster then head to bed." But while constructing that coaster, my researchers would develop something new, and I'd say, "Oh but I have to go ahead and build that one before I forget!"

*except the resolution and screenshot saving archaism and not allowing Steam Overlay.

I too have this problem. I'm back on the Civ5 bandwagon for now!

steam_sig.png
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    I feel like I would be awful at it, but holy cow Distance looks gorgeous. It looks like Blur and Tron had a baby.

I get flashbacks of San Francisco Rush (specifically SF Rush 2049) and Extreme-G.

The game looks like a blast. Get thee to the wishlist!

steam_sig.png
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    With all the Square stuff coming to Steam of late, I really, really, really need them to release a PC version of Nier.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    With all the Square stuff coming to Steam of late, I really, really, really need them to release a PC version of Nier.

YES. With the option to chose which version of the main character you want, maybe.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular

Which one was Nier? That sounds very familiar

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular

Nier is amazing! One of my favorite stories in gaming. Got the Platinum trophy on the PS3 version. I'd really love to see it come to Steam.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2014

Which one was Nier? That sounds very familiar

It was an underrated SquareEnix game. Sort of a cult classic at this point, but was panned heavily in reviews. Called a "frankengame" or some such because of the mash-up of gameplay styles. I actually put off playing it for YEARS because of the reviews, and also the character design on the cover art is very not my style. Looks like the dude is wearing underwear on his head.
    D0khiUr.jpg
    Sk6uZ06.jpg

but then you also have awesomeness like:
    2QfgE5A.jpg

The gameplay can leave you wanting, and there is a decent bit of gameplay filler, but as @heirtransparent said, the story...my gawd, the story. And the characters and the incredible voice acting.

Despite some of its weaker areas, it may well be my favorite RPG of the last generation. I haven't had a game story move me in more years than I can count. I was emotionally affected several times during the full story of Nier.

vamen on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I feel like I would be awful at it, but holy cow Distance looks gorgeous. It looks like Blur and Tron had a baby.

Yes, yes please. That does look amazing and has been wishlisted.

They need to license the Tron soundtrack.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/batman-complete-bundle/

Really good Batman Bundle at bundlestars. 10 bucks for AA, AC, and Origins, plus Origins DLC. Granted, I'm sure a lot of people have at least a couple of those games, but a great price if you don't.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Tron, or Tron Legacy?

Game reminds me of P.O.D.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

Really good Batman Bundle at bundlestars. 10 bucks for AA, AC, and Origins, plus Origins DLC. Granted, I'm sure a lot of people have at least a couple of those games, but a great price if you don't.

Aren't they still infected with the "GFWL" malware?

Batman games ditched GFWL a while ago, one of the first few games to remove it.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    AA at least is Steamworks.

camo_sig2.png
  • The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    DAILY REMINDER

841e7fegmzdt.jpg

Anyone who donates and submits evidence during this charity drive is eligible to enter a Grand Prix for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed!

The winner of the Grand Prix will be allowed to pick as their prize one Steam Game at Full Retail Price. It is totally fun you guys. I also have better internet for hosting this time, honest (I actually did get new internet installed recently).

There is no set date yet, but I will update everyone once I get time to run this. It will be the first weekend I can get completely free from work, and will probably be around midnight GMT on whatever day it is to be fairest to all timezones.

Just @ me in your donation post or PM me proof after the fact if you didn't realize what an amazing opportunity you have before you.

Current roster:

1) The Brayster
    2) DiannaoChong
    3) TeeMan
    4) Ed Gruberman
    5) Jazz
    6) Evma
    7) Descendant X
    8) Mudzgut
    9) Halfazedninja
    10) KoopahTroopah

While this is enough for a full lobby already, do not be afraid to join in if you want! If the numbers warrant it, I'll run two lobbies, and have a set of qualifying races.

I will be closing sign ups this coming Sunday, 14th of December. Please declare your interest before then. After that point, I will be running the tournament on the first Friday/Saturday that I have no work commitments on (I will let you all know in advance).

The Brayster on
    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Grabbed.

Jesus, the bundles at the moment are hammering my wallet like the Winter Gale's already started. It's nuts.

• DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    So, windows 8.1 doesn't let me play bad rats. It crashes. Only reason I want to play idol bad rats is for cards.

Windows got smart enough to block an infection?

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    7 more days... cant wait

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Reminder: if you're going to buy cards before the sale, do it like.....now.

In 10 minutes the "Mystery" badge should appear. Prices will start going up thereafter.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Tron, or Tron Legacy?

Game reminds me of P.O.D.

Tron Legacy I suppose is what I mean. I haven't listened to the original soundtrack in a long time.

P.O.D.! Wow, I haven't thought about that game in a long time, but you're absolutely right. I used to play the demo of that game a ton. :D

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

@f3rret this is a great start to your new PC gaming friends gift basket

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Cards not going to be involved this time around?

Usually the badge would appear on your profile a week before the sale.

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Cards not going to be involved this time around?

Usually the badge would appear on your profile a week before the sale.

Not sure but I don't think there will be a major sale without badges/cards so probably going to show up sometime.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    maybe they are actually waiting for the sale to prevent shenanigans

camo_sig.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I miss the "play this game and get x achievement for a ticket/tf2 item" even though it involved dodgy as fuck games sometimes.

steam_sig.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

Just in case anyone didn't know. Distance is more or less the sequel to the same devs previous game: Nitronic Rush which is 100% free. So that might be some fun for people.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So that Hack and Slash/Space Base Double Fine bundle deal, is that the best deal we're likely to see for a while? Should I just wait for the Sale so I can put that purchase towards cards or whatever?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    I miss the "play this game and get x achievement for a ticket/tf2 item" even though it involved dodgy as fuck games sometimes.

SAM makes those STUPID easy to break.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I am super, super late on this because I haven't fired up Steam in ages (and also somehow didn't get an e-mail notification) but it turns out that @Karoz gifted me Dark Souls. Thanks man!

I haven't been using Steam lately because a) my backlog is already gigantic and I don't wanna add to it b) I've been pretty busy, game-wise, on other platforms and c) my current PC is pretty shitty so I play some games anyway. However, I'm probably gonna get a new one after Christmas and Dark Souls is definitely high on my list of titles I'm gonna check out.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    So, been busy with work the last few days and haven't kept up with the thread, can someone link explain the current thread title to me?

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    So, been busy with work the last few days and haven't kept up with the thread, can someone link explain the current thread title to me?

Someone got hacked, their Steam started sending messages to people on their friend's list with a phishing link to also infect those people.

Basically, don't click suspicious links or download suspicious files.

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular

And this is the only 'negative' review the game has. So dumb.

W7RoQ1j.png

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

Sure! I took a picture of you while we were playing the other day, click here to see it.

Isorn wrote: »

And this is the only 'negative' review the game has. So dumb.

[im g]http://i.imgur.com/W7RoQ1j.png[/img]

Yeah, I generally don't like racing games all that much, but I added that one to my "Following."

• QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Has anyone got the Christmas box from square Enix store? It's 5 pounds, a pc download and contains six steam keys worth 70 pounds. Wondering what it contains.

Quical on
    NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
    Looks like 13-2 has the same issues as 13, wildly fluctuating framerate despite that the game doesn't really use hardly any of your hardware.

Sigh. Guess I'll hope for a discount during the Winter Dale.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Wow. Been waiting to grab those games for awhile (Had most of them on console already)

That is an AMAZING price.

Looks like 13-2 has the same issues as 13, wildly fluctuating framerate despite that the game doesn't really use hardly any of your hardware.

Sigh. Guess I'll hope for a discount during the Winter Dale.

I swear Square is the worst at porting things. I feel like they get it running successfully one time and are all, "Good job guys, ship it!"

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Hey it's a free multiplayer weekend for CoD AW and 15 bucks off if anyone was curious about it.

Halfazedninja on
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to make a list of games to look for during Winter Gale. Steam wishlist just shows me games I'm kind of interested in and to possibly check back later if it gets a good discount for the most part.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Hey it's a free multiplayer weekend for CoD AW and 15 bucks off if anyone was curious about it.

Is there campaign coop at all?

camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.