As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragon Age Inquisition] Because Geebs' Inquisitor is getting too old for this shit

CambiataCambiata Commander ShepardThe likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    RE: Banners: I don't think that's it. That list has shown the same set of 10 or so all game, when I've been getting more, and some that aren't named in that list.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Ooh I wonder which character this thread will have huge boring arguments over

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Still Sera, sorry

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Ooh I wonder which character this thread will have huge boring arguments over

None of them are boring!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    The characters or the arguments?

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    The characters or the arguments?

The arguments! I enjoy them as long as people don't get mean.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Regarding Sera's sense of humour from previous topic.

The adult part of me groans at her childish jokes.

The infantile part of me giggles along with her and her facination with butts.

Also, the Viv/Blackwall banter makes me cringe. I mean, after a certain story part, I could understand her treating him like shit, but nope, he's a bloody lowborn, scum of the earth no matter what she knows about him. Dorian at least sounds charming, and does joke about things with Blackwall, while teasing him. Vivienne is just so condescending, and aside from two banters, I cringe when they talk.

My fave only pops up when Blackwall and the Inquisitor are a couple.
    Vivienne: Well, you two seem to make each other happy.
    Blackwall: And? Surely, you're not ending this on a complimentary note.
    Vivienne: I was just wondering how you imagined your future. The Inquisitor and the-- well, whatever you are now.
    Blackwall: Ah, I see. You think we're a poor match.
    Lady Vivienne, that woman there will stand with Thedas' mightiest because of who she is.
    She may choose whomever she pleases, even an undeserving nobody.
    Envy her for her ability to love freely, but recognize that envy is what it is.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I laugh at my own jokes constantly

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Because I'm very funny

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    That viv is horrible to blackwall really shows her true nature. She's a nasty bit of work, well written for sure, but still a rather unpleasant person.

• Options
    I often find that people laughing at their own jokes makes them funnier, especially if they have an infectious laugh.

That doesn't save Sera's jokes though. I did have one moment of kind of liking Sera and at least smiling at her joke - when she complains that I'm scary because I got an advanced class, I took the option to do a scary voice at her. To which she says, "alright, be scary. And a shit."

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    That viv is horrible to blackwall really shows her true nature. She's a nasty bit of work, well written for sure, but still a rather unpleasant person.

I'm not sure I'll ever do a run where I'm not as rude as possible to Viv at all times.

• Options
    I keep going back to her and trying to get her to stop being such a jerk

hasn't worked so far

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    5JB4Kgz.jpg

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    I'm finding that this time around, Blackwall is much more pleasant to interact with. And I'm not talking about me giving him more of a chance, either-- he's being less actively hostile.

Gonna put this in spoilers for plot events, just because I know some of the people in this thread are pretty early in their runs:
    My first run, I recruited him just before Haven is destroyed-- I don't think I even got a chance to talk to him at Haven. After that, every time I talked to him in Skyhold he was confrontational, and reluctant to answer questions.

This time I recruited him early, and have been talking to him at Haven, and I'm getting WAAAY more conversations with him that i never got before.

I wonder if that is intentional, or if Blackwall just has a series of conversations that trigger automatically at Skyhold and they just assume you already had the nicer conversations at Haven? It'd be interesting if they actually did write characters differently depending on when in the storyline you chose to recruit them.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    viv's companion card if you make a certain choice with her personal quest is legit terrifying

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I had viv in my party for only a little bit, I also had Varric and she said something mean to him and that was it, she was out. Everything else I know about her I've learned second hand.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Every time I see that Viv approves of something I just said, I revert to my last save. I only bring her along right now because I'm trying to antagonize her into abandoning the cause. My concept for this first inquisitor is pretty much Rebel Mage Moses, though. When I do my traditional "100% Terrible Decisions" playthrough as Berserko the Dwarf, my attitude towards her... will probably be worse, actually, since the goal of those games is to drive all companions into trying to murder me. Maybe my planned 3rd character, the vicious, manipulative assassin, will get along with her?

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    One of the perks of never hearing banter is that Viv is just a really effective party member, and never says anything mean to the rest of your party.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Picture of Geebs' Inquisitor

D-dad?

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    i actually agree with some of viv's ideas but usually only in the broadest sense, like there still needs to be checks and balances on mages, you can't just let them run totally free

but i feel like her own motivations are tied much more into gaining and keeping political power for herself and just generally getting to keep playing The Game

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Picture of Geebs' Inquisitor

D-dad?

I actually feel like that inquisitor looks like a character from something but I can't dredge out the memory and its driving me crazy

• Options
    Your nightmares?

or

Your dreams?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Nevermind im wrong

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Cassandra has correct opinions on the game

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Some of the only banter I've gotten in the game is Viv and Blackwall

Blackwall really tries to get along, there

He really does

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Dorian really is like a nice version of Viv, he's so passive aggressive and self-centered but generally friendly at least

• Options
    Yeah Dorian is actually the first mage in the series I genuinely wouldn't mind hanging out with

I liked Morrigan but she's a bad person, just amusingly so

Bethany I guess would also qualify

Everyone else is either a jerk, unstable, or boring

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    God I love Vivienne, such an excellent judge of character.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Yeah Dorian is actually the first mage in the series I genuinely wouldn't mind hanging out with

I liked Morrigan but she's a bad person, just amusingly so

Bethany I guess would also qualify

Everyone else is either a jerk, unstable, or boring

Wynne probably makes some good tea.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Vivienne is mean to Cole

She is not invited to my birthday

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Vivienne is mean to Cole

My dear, whatever makes you think she would wish to attend in the first place?

ladi.png
  • Options
    This is one of those cases where her desires wouldn't enter into it

I'm sure she would understand; it's more that her attending has no benefit for me

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Shen wrote: »
    Vivienne is mean to Cole

My dear, whatever makes you think she would wish to attend in the first place?

*hurk*

• Options
    This is one of those cases where her desires wouldn't enter into it

I'm sure she would understand; it's more that her attending has no benefit for me

Oh I'm quite sure she would, I dare say she'd give the snub all the attention it deserves.

ladi.png
  • Options
    Now I actually like this idea

The Inquisitor has a big god damn birthday party, and everyone is invited, and everyone comes

The empress, the merchant princes, whoever the Hell is ruling Ferelden, the Warden-Commanders, an emissary of the Archon, hell we'll even get an Arishok in there, Josephine's whole family, the Pentaghasts, everybody come to my big birthday party

It will be schmooze-town

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I honestly wonder if I'm going to bother recruiting Viv on most playthroughs going forward.

I actually regret recruiting her for this one because she doesn't gel at all with this Inquisitor (who is all MAGES SHOULD BE FREE) and you can't boot her out.

• Options
    Now I actually like this idea

The Inquisitor has a big god damn birthday party, and everyone is invited, and everyone comes

The empress, the merchant princes, whoever the Hell is ruling Ferelden, the Warden-Commanders, an emissary of the Archon, hell we'll even get an Arishok in there, Josephine's whole family, the Pentaghasts, everybody come to my big birthday party

It will be schmooze-town

The Citadel DLC but for DA:I?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Give the guest list to Krem, and he turns away people who aren't on it

And you actually get to make the guest list

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Basically I think recruiting Cole, Iron Bull, Sera, and Vivienne are super optional and should really vary depending on the Inquisitor you are playing.

I know that idea is anathema to some people, but they're people who just will not gel with certain kinds of Inquisitors and they don't make a lot of sense to bring along unless you're giving in to a video game "gotta catch em all, gotta have ALL the content!" mentality.

This discussion has been closed.