As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] A Classy Christmas II; Day Seventeen Total: $7,197.90

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Crafted Hatoful Boyfriend booster pack for 750 gems, put up on market for a buck 50, which is the cheapest booster.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Crafted Hatoful Boyfriend booster pack for 750 gems, put up on market for a buck 50, which is the cheapest booster.

Time to move on that.

Edit: Really? Only 660 gems for an Agarest booster? Lets see... that flips for a good 1.20-1.50, which in turn becomes something like 4-5k gems...

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »

Time to move on that.

Crafted Eversion for 1000, listed for 80 cents, it already sold.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Tried to buy some sacks of gems with Paypal and now I'm locked out of the Market for five days. Why. I've used Paypal before Steam.

Ugh. Can't even do the meta much this year because 45 minute auctions is definitely not congruous with working all day every weekday. Fine, whatever, I'll consider the money in my Steam wallet my Gale funds.

Madican on
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    This metagame does not interest me at all.

I can't be alone here in this . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Something about gems and auction house and something. I'm not a power user, there is 100% no way I will win anything. I'm going to sit this mess out.

Gem sacks are down to 3 cents now. Ahahahahaha.

Icemopper wrote: »

Something about gems and auction house and something. I'm not a power user, there is 100% no way I will win anything. I'm going to sit this mess out.

I put 1 gem down on a lot of things, and I'm actually still in the top 100 bids for a lot of them. There's a LOT of games out there.

edited December 2014

I'm getting "market is disabled" now trying to sell stuff. So, yeah.

I think they might have noticed this all going to hell.

Polaritie on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular

It's all moon speak to me.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Sometimes it seems Valve's eyes are bigger than their stomachs.

• JeixJeix Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Alright folks, I'm going to contribute to the User-Generated Incentives

@Bobkins Flymo

$7,777: I will be continuing the July stream by doing a marathon run of Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris in local co-op with Angie from start to completion, we will not play the game beforehand to make it a blind run.
    $11,111: After the game is complete, I will play DDR again and the stream chat will get to choose the songs I play.

Jeix on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

it seems like the least subtle attempt to just sink money into the steam marketplace for valve yet

I'm getting "market is disabled" now trying to sell stuff. So, yeah.

I think they might have noticed this all going to hell.

word on the street is there's a gem dupe bug anyway

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo, new incentives two posts above.

(Quotation marks after the @)

s7Imn5J.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I can't buy anything because Steam is shitting the bed with the lights on.

That would be awful if there was a dupe during this.

• JeixJeix Registered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo, new incentives two posts above.

(Quotation marks after the @)

Yeah, I tried that first but it didn't link, not sure why.

it's hard to verify because who knows how much of the alleged bug is just steam shitting the bed anyway

liEt3nH.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Yeah, screw this metagame. I'll use the booster crafting though, once it's functional.

it's hard to verify because who knows how much of the alleged bug is just steam shitting the bed anyway

Or just bots gaming the market.

Because right now? .03>1k gems>Pick a booster>$1+ for some games. Repeat for any profitable boosters.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Pricing mistakes: I do personally think it is up to the consumer to be smart about the way they buy, and be aware of something very possibly being "too good to be true". I also think a seller has a responsibility to own up to their mistake.

My problem though is that the comparison with actual physical goods (cereal, I believe?) that was presented is disingenuous because digital sales are nothing like physical sales. One of the facets of digital sales is that they are, by their very nature, ephemeral. So while in a physical realm you cannot specifically be dinged for your cereal buying ways, there are games that will roll back, patch out, or otherwise fix exploitative material (as an example) and yes the players will pitch a fit, but that's more because the exploit was found than that they're being treated unfairly. And a company is well within their rights to do so.

However, if a company does this to much (fucks up and fixes it at to the detriment of the consumer) the consumer is well within their rights to never shop at that place again.

But if a consumer suffers at the hands of a company, either through accident or intent, and they continue to be patrons of that company, then they have little in the way of my sympathy.

Unless there is a clause somewhere that says I'm only buying a license for real if the company really for sure approves of the sale into perpetuity then the analogy is fine. They priced it, people bought it, that should realistically be the end of the conversation. Nobody but TamersGate made them fuck up. The right thing to do is learn from it and move on, not cry foul and reverse sales without the connect of the buyers. Hell, if I'd bought one and they asked me if they could reverse it I'd say yes. If they reached in and pulled that purchase back without talking to me then they're a bunch of shitheads and I wouldn't shop there again. Since that's what they did to other people they won't be getting any of my business in the future.

camo_sig2.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Hahaha holy shit it's like Valve desperately tries to be seen as evil with each major sale and just can't do it.

"Folks, we've tried culturing gambling addictions, and we've even tried arbitrarily dividing people into teams to drive them into competing via spending money. We still haven't won Most Evil company yet, EA's got that locked down and it's the one thing they're beating us at. Any ideas?"

"What if we have them burn everything they've been collecting for the past year and a half, and have them bid their piles of ashes in AUCTIONS?"

"...Jenkins, you get a raise. We'll out-evil those bastards yet!"
    praise the newell

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Oh what the FUCK Steam.

You say I can't use the marketplace for 5 days because I added funds from an unverified payment method? It's the same goddamn card I've been using for the last year!

Okay, we need to get this ball rolling again.

At $6750, $7000, and $7250, the individuals who cross those thresholds get to pick what the next 3 games in my backlog (see here) I have to play until beaten before I can play any other games (excluding for when seeking card drops :P)

@Bobkins Flymo

Forgot to tag you originally.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Whew that was a long couple of 14 hour work days what didImissOHMYGODICANDUMPMYTRASHITEMS!?!?

How much have I missed out on?

I read through the last couple of pages and actually checked it out...this looks like a horrible mistake.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    I'm not touching that metagame with a ten-foot pole. Cards are more than enough for me.

I'm not touching that metagame with a ten-foot pole. Cards are more than enough for me.

it's way better to just turn gems into expensive booster packs

liEt3nH.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh good, so in addition to wasting money on video games, I'm also killing elves.

Thanks Valve!

YL9WnCY.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    There must be a better way to browse items up for auction than to page through dozens of pages of items (all of which are 2-200x times the number of gems I have). There has to be.

Right?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Iolo wrote: »
    There must be a better way to browse items up for auction than to page through dozens of pages of items (all of which are 2-200x times the number of gems I have). There has to be.

Right?

well you can search

that's about it

liEt3nH.png
    I'd like to grab Dungeon Defenders II, but jesus christ 100,000 gems?

Valve is laughing all the way to the bank as idiots turn hundreds of dollars of cards and items into gems for one game.

YL9WnCY.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Must... get... home...

Must... delist... duplicate... items...

Just PM me your account info and I'll log on and delist them for you.
    phishingstacks

SmokeStacks on
    Like, a card is worth 20 gems or so. If each card is worth just ten cents on the market, then getting 100,000 gems is like 500 dollars in stuff.

Yeah, use that to buy one game, you rocket scientist.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    For giggles. 750 gems to create a Sakura Spirit booster pack.

Boosters only selling for 70 cents or so? Meh... Unpack.

Oh, that's neat...

wlwdlu1ma598.jpg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I want to like this game...

Alright, new plan. Imma hang back and wait for the @Jragghen‌ Superlab to crunch the numbers and tell me what I should be doing.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Like, a card is worth 20 gems or so. If each card is worth just ten cents on the market, then getting 100,000 gems is like 500 dollars in stuff.

99% of my cards are worth $0.03 on the market, which nets me a single penny if I go through the trouble of listing them (and go through the hassle of giving Valve my tax info once I hit 200 listings).

This is, of course, assuming that they actually sell, and that there aren't hundreds of people listing their cars for the same price in front of me in a queue.

This is a way to ditch all of those useless items and turn them into something that could be a free game in a few days, instead of a laborious process that might get a game, someday, maybe.

So while it's still fairly dumb, it's not as dumb as you think it is.

• ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular

economically steam is a haven of people with FAR more money than sense

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    If Valve created a page that was just titled 'Give Us Your Money!' and it was basically just a button you clicked which popped-up a window that allowed you to just enter an amount of money, would that work, too?

I want to like this game...

Alright, new plan. Imma hang back and wait for the Jragghen‌ Superlab to crunch the numbers and tell me what I should be doing.

spending time learning the stock market instead of trying to understand steam's dumb stuff

liEt3nH.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    If Valve created a page that was just titled 'Give Us Your Money!' and it was basically just a button you clicked which popped-up a window that allowed you to just enter an amount of money, would that work, too?

I want to say "no" but I fear the answer is "yes."

camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.