As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cookie XXXChange 2014: MATCHES SENT

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    The lady and I are planning our baking, at least 6 things are on the table. Those new filled toll house chips are going in a thing or two, we're pretty excited about that.

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Let me know how those turn out. Which flavors did you get?
    I'm wondering how artificial the cherry ones end up tasting.
    I'm the only one in the house who likes cherry flavored things so I would like to add those chips to everything so I no longer have to share anything ever again.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    Goddammit Peen.

You just throw out "filled toll house chips" and I had to go look them up and...

Goddammit Peen.

Goddammit.

*Internally Screaming*
    There's caramel

and dark chocolate mint

*Internally Screaming*
    Damn, I couldn't find a single mint chip at all, let alone dark chocolate mint. My cookie swap is ruined now.

You've got to keep up with the pace of change, new cookie technologies are coming all the time. I feel like not mentioning filled chips would be a disservice to future generations.

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I got the filled chips as part of one of those 'products in development' surveys, we got the caramel and peanut butter and didn't manage to make a single one into a baked good because we just sat and ate them all

Delicious things sent, deliciously.

edited December 2014
    I just want to show these off in case they shipped disastrously (instead of deliciously.)

pretz.jpg

These were the plain, salted, soft pretzel nuggets. I also sent Lemon Rosemary ones.

. on
  • scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    what are those? they remind me of pretzel buns

Pretzel nuggets. So tiny pretzel buns. I realize now I should have elaborated.

oh man. that would be an awesome snack

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    SHIPMENT RECEIVED.

Oh man oh man, Plut @. - thank you! Everything is insanely delicious!

I opened up the package and started sampling bits of everything, and kept saying "Oh, wow...Oh my God. HOLY EFFFFF" after every bite, with my boyfriend laughing at me in the other room.

Then I gave him some samples to try, and he had the exact same reaction.

I have never had penuche or kringla before, but they are both AMAZE. The pretzels survived as well and are especially nice after a few seconds in the microwave. The cookies and toffee bars are simply divine.

What a box of treats! :D Thank you so muuuuuch

Now I feel bad because I've only ever sent one thing, just a lot of that one thing.
    I don't have any other favorite cookie/bar recipes.

Actually, my mother called me today and was asking about the cookie swap. She said she really wanted some of those "really sweet, coconut-y, chocolaty, nutty bar things." She was disappointed she wouldn't be able to steal them from me this year.
    So, while I'm a fan of them, you have at least one super fan of that treat. As in, I'm pretty sure she'd murder me and bury me in the yard if I didn't "allow" her to have some if I had them.

So I am a professional (not really but really) scone and mini-scone maker.
    How does everybody feel about SCONES?! lemon-poppy, cranberry-orange, and chocolate-somekindafruit (cherry or orange or raspberry)?

"Snap" for Delicious, "Crackle" for Meh, "Pop" for Oh Please No.

I feel like I have to make some kind of variety of baked good for my giftee after receiving that multi-treat package. Maybe cookies as well!

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I feel like anything in the pastry category is necessarily superior to the chocolate category, but that's just me.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2014
    So I am a professional (not really but really) scone and mini-scone maker.
    How does everybody feel about SCONES?! lemon-poppy, cranberry-orange, and chocolate-somekindafruit (cherry or orange or raspberry)?

"Snap" for Delicious, "Crackle" for Meh, "Pop" for Oh Please No.

I feel like I have to make some kind of variety of baked good for my giftee after receiving that multi-treat package. Maybe cookies as well!

I like scones but cannot do cranberry in baked goods. I suppose I should have mentioned that in my email. Even the smell makes me ill since I was a kid at school. I ate a cranberry muffin and became violently sick shortly thereafter.

It's fine on its own or in sauces or juice or whatever and I really like cranberry, but bake it into something and I will gag.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    I'm the same way with wheat bagels, actually. I once got sick after eating one as a kid, and now I can't have them.

I prefer fruit desserts over chocolate ones. And less sweet desserts over really sweet ones. Crumbles over pies over cakes. But to be honest, I will put just about anything in my mouth hole. Food wise.

• CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Now I feel bad because I've only ever sent one thing, just a lot of that one thing.
    I don't have any other favorite cookie/bar recipes.

Look, I'm kind of busy this year, so my cookie recipient is probably just gonna get one thing, most like.

I'm not gonna sweat it, either.

Edit: Well maybe a little sweat, when I'm boiling the sugar.

CowShark on
    I feel like anything in the pastry category is necessarily superior to the chocolate category, but that's just me.

It's just you.

Give me chocolate or give me death.

Hey @NightDragon‌, how'd those pretzels end up? Were they soggy? Stale at all? I know they were at least edible, but anything I should be aware of? I'd like to ship some to my sister and if I need to change methods, I'd like to know now. Was there enough flavoring on the seasoned ones? Too much?
    I'd never used that seasoning before or even that brand. It was a sample sent to me. The couple pretzels I tried were good though.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    CowShark wrote: »

It's just you.

Chocolate pastries?

newSig.jpg
    Man, a nice chocolate croissant and some coffee. That's living.

I prefer tea.

Why yes, I do enjoy being disagreeable. Why do you ask?

. wrote: »
    Hey @NightDragon‌, how'd those pretzels end up? Were they soggy? Stale at all? I know they were at least edible, but anything I should be aware of? I'd like to ship some to my sister and if I need to change methods, I'd like to know now. Was there enough flavoring on the seasoned ones? Too much?
    I'd never used that seasoning before or even that brand. It was a sample sent to me. The couple pretzels I tried were good though.

They were a bit stale, (though nothing you couldn't help with a few seconds of microwaving). The flavor on the 2nd set was nice and not too much flavoring for me at all - though I don't usually need a lot of flavor or seasoning to enjoy stuff, so if you wanted to lessen it I think they'd still be really good! :)

Nocren wrote: »
    CowShark wrote: »

It's just you.

Chocolate pastries?

This is a compromise I would accept.

• CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    I just want to get it out there that I'm doing my baking the weekend after Christmas, because that's where it fits into my schedule. So my giftee won't have cookies for Christmas, technically, but they're coming :)

I have handed off a box of baked goods to the elf minions of the UPS, who assured me it would arrive by thursday.

*Internally Screaming*
    what's the best procedure for mailing food? the past two times I've used USPS, but I don't know about fedex or ups

I'm making stuff tonight.

Will ship tomorrow.

Hopefully the people want chocolate, because that's what's going in the mail.

edited December 2014
    I've only ever used USPS Priority Mail. They get the job done most of the time. Two day usually does mean two day, although it was three once here recently. Fedex and UPS would be a pain to even try to use for me.

The clerk did tell me to make sure it was marked perishable because they can't just shove it in the cabinets they use and forget about it, but who knows how accurate that is.

. on
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I am going on a surprise road trip from Saturday to the following Monday... about 9 days. I will ask my neighbors to keep an eye out for packages, but it might be better to wait till near the end of that time to send anything to me if it hasn't been sent already.

If it has it will come with us and be delicious snacks for the trip.

edited December 2014
    Mailed the chocolate.

It's on the way!

I'm super proud of myself for getting to this before Christmas.

Even if I'm not the most proud of what I have sent in the mail.

Although I am okay with it. Made two batches of everything so I could evaluate how the stuff went. Think it's all right.

CowShark on
    The UPS minions have failed me.

The package should arrive friday.

*Internally Screaming*
    I have no idea when my stuff arrives. Alls I know is I picked the 20 dollar shipping option as opposed to the 50 dollar one.

Guess I'll see how that plays out.

Oh my goodness @Cimmerii‌

We got the package just as we were walking out the door. We were out of room in the car so everything is carefully hidden from our cat sitter till we get back, but I cannot wait for those cordials. I'm betting they'll be the stars of the show, I love proper cherry cordials.

Thank you so much!

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Cookies made!
    IMG_1229.jpg

Originally was going to with a them, chocolate and truffle for the green (shortbread) and caramel and almond for the red (sugar cookies).

Then I said, screw that and mixed everything up so it's entirely random.

I will also include some peanut butter cookies with peanut butter and chocolate chips.

newSig.jpg
    I hope the cherry cordials turn out tasty! I've never made them before.

*Internally Screaming*