As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Official 2015 Challenge Coin Thread] Coin Orders close March 8th.

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    if I sign up now does that mean I for sure have to get 1 just asking mainly cause if price point goes up a lot i wouldnt be as interested

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    if I sign up now does that mean I for sure have to get 1 just asking mainly cause if price point goes up a lot i wouldnt be as interested
    Typically there is a form that is put out later, which you then purchase. The more that purchase, the cheaper it is. In addition, it is encouraged to put up a donation at the beginning.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014

If you don't sign up to show your willingness to buy one, and others follow your example, it becomes more likely for the price of the coin to remain high.
    At ~300 coins, as shown in the PAX South thread, the cost per coin is at about $8 (plus shipping?) at ~70 coins, the price per coin is probably much higher, I was not given that number, probably as it would scare away interest.

The google doc is not a binding contract, it's just to have a number to give to PCC, but please, be honest.
    idk personally maybe its just me but the non gaming size just looks like scribble to me haha. Like I cant look at it and go yup that the convention center
    It is a very basic outline of the BCEC, to give a vague idea of the placing of it, the reference picture was
    bcec.jpg

SutibunRi on
  • ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    I'm in to buy 5 of these.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I generally get 4-5 of all the challenge coins.

• Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    I've no eye for design, but I'm well-versed in exchanging money for goods and services. I'd be in for something like 3 to 5 coins.

Should I alter the doc to add myself, or is someone else collecting the data from this thread and updating it?

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
    Feel free to add yourself to the doc, I also do random sweeps of the thread to add those people who haven't added themselves but have stated their desired number of coins.

• darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I would be interested in buying 2.

darksteelreapr on
  • nsanensane That guy with the face. Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I was getting worried that there wasn't going to be one this year (I know there still might not be, however, at least there's this thread now). I've gotten my friends one both years I've gone as commemorative gifts and hope that this will happen. I'll be getting 4 if this pans out.

nsane on
    wK2XwhV.png
    PAX East 2018: Passes [X], Hotel [X], Airfare [], coin []
    I will be doing everything I can to actually get this done, but we don't have much time, the thread is fairly silent, and the signup sheet is not looking promising for the numbers we'd need for a great Price per Coin.

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Updated my info on the doc as my party is passing this year.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I'll pretend we're still doing this. If we were to use the pic with the signboard outside the BCEC, I think "Welcome Home" could be a good thing for the top (though this is on the coin already, so perhaps something else is in order - If we're being really fancy, perhaps the date, normally done across the top, could be here). The bottom rectangle, which would usually have the PAX East logo (which I don't believe we can use) can have some variant. Forgive my god-awful paint skillz below:

onsors4rkfpp.png

edit: A more horrible paint version of what I'm talking about.. the text on the board replaces what is normally around the border of this side of the coin. Welcome Home is on the PC side, so perhaps that could be displayed on the PC screen, rather than the PAX board?
    g4rd16eu0pb3.png

vttym on
    I don't think we want to mess with the PAX Logo.

And the purpose of that side of the coin is to represent a Boston building/landmark, which due to PAX East being located there for 5 years, makes the BCEC a logical choice.
    I feel that showing the BCEC banner advertising PAX East would take something away from honoring Boston, and would be all about honoring PAX East itself.

I'm not vetoing these things, I'm just voicing my opinions, we need comments and suggestions and criticism in this thread, and I thank you for taking the time to offer up ideas and images and thoughts, and hope you continue to do so.

The images you uploaded earlier were great, and helped view the PC side from a completely different direction from the initial plan. (I'm not gonna spoil what Mvrck is cooking up, just want you to know that one of your ideas is being put into an initial design, and hopefully it turns out as awesome as it sounds.)

I would love to be listening to a bunch of artistic forumers brainstorming ideas and doing quick rough sketches of coins and offering feedback and suggestions. But we're operating with limited time.

• caerulean_bluecaerulean_blue Registered User regular
    I'll update the sheet. I would be in for 2. Hopefully we get enough people on-board to get the price down.

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    @SutibunRi‌ If this doesn't end up working out, don't get down on yourself. You're undertaking a hell of a project and in a very limited timeframe. Just throwing that out there that what you're doing is appreciated.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    @Le_Goat We do have time, and if things can be fast tracked it will all work out.
    There may not be a lot of back and forth on the design due to the time frame, and the cost per coin might be higher than we like if we can't even show interest in 100 coins, but I promise you, I will get something good to PCC in time, and we will have coins.

• cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    I haven't bought the coin in the past, but I'm down for 2 depending on price.

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I'm down for atleast 1. I can't miss collecting these every year!

• sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    I think the BCEC should just be by itself. :)

• flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    I'm for the PC monitors + a clean BCEC design

• SuzerainSuzerain The One And Only! MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm good for two of the coins. I added name to the google doc.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    In for at least one to three, most likely two. Added myself to the doc.

• nosutnosut MA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I posted this to reddit to try and grab a bit more attention. I also hope you don't mind I edited the spreadsheet a bit to include a running count of how many coins total have been requested and put an additional row for people to include any possible extras they may want after the fact to make things simpler for you. Added a row that counts how many users enter a certain state as well might make things simpler for finding out shipping costs.

Users with a star next to their name should open the sheet and confirm the amount of coins and then remove the stars so that row can be removed.
    Those users are:
    @mindflare77
    @Hyperion098
    @flashe
    @elo
    @ilta
    @cardkid123
    @darksteelreapr

nosut on
  • cj122cj122 Registered User new member
    I would pick two up for sure if they pricepoint stayed close to what it was at south.

• StarlyssStarlyss Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I would be interested in 2! I also made the first donation towards the die :) Good luck!

@Starlyss I cannot tell you how happy that made me! Thank you!
    @nosut thanks for the work on the spreadsheet! I'd honestly just thrown together the quickest thing so we'd have numbers, it looks a lot better now!

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I always grab 5, so put me down for that.

Edit - filled out the form like I was supposed to.

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Drew8800Drew8800 Boston MARegistered User regular
    I'll grab 7, if possible!

edited December 2014
    @nosut @SutibunRi‌ I'm not particularly comfortable with whomever decided to add location information for me into that spreadsheet. Yes I know the information is available, but I did not provide it in this context. If someone wants to add info for themselves, that's their prerogative, but I think it's pretty rude to do that on your own. Honestly I'm not sure what purpose it has in being there at all since it has nothing to do with the coin process. The vendor that this group has worked with in the past has handled fulfillment entirely on their own for the last bunch of coins so shipping isn't a thing the project owner here has to worry about.

reminding me to fill out a form is one thing, doing it in my name is not nearly as nice.

zerzhul on
    edited December 2014
    zerzhul wrote: »
    @nosut @SutibunRi‌ I'm not particularly comfortable with whomever decided to add location information for me into that spreadsheet. Yes I know the information is available, but I did not provide it in this context. If someone wants to add info for themselves, that's their prerogative, but I think it's pretty rude to do that on your own. Honestly I'm not sure what purpose it has in being there at all since it has nothing to do with the coin process. The vendor that this group has worked with in the past has handled fulfillment entirely on their own for the last bunch of coins so shipping isn't a thing the project owner here has to worry about.

reminding me to fill out a form is one thing, doing it in my name is not nearly as nice.

@zerzhul‌ It was me not SutibunRi that did it. I am not fully aware of the process for this and was attempting to help by fixing up the spreadsheet and filling in missing publicly available information. I assumed SutibunRi was going to need that information for shipping which would later effect the quote. If you don't want it there that's your choice but you are the one that put the information out there maybe you should remove it if you are not comfortable with people knowing it. As you saw I did change what you have publicly available from your city a smaller area to your entire state to and avoid being to direct. Sorry if it made you uncomfortable.

nosut on
    edited December 2014
    I didn't say I had issues with people knowing the information. If I did, I wouldn't make the PAX map. I have issues (although relatively minor) with you (especially as a brand new account as of yesterday) filling out a form in my name out of the blue. Help is great! I'm sure all the folks running events and managing projects here would love enthusiastic help from anyone, but maybe take a couple minutes to figure out what the process is first.

For reference, assuming SutibunRi is going with phoenix challenge coins again and using the same process the previous folks have used, location information is unnecessary as phoenix does the fulfillment and ships people's orders individually.

zerzhul on
  • cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    Has a real solid design idea been thought of yet? I wouldn't say I'm a photoshop expert but I think I can whip up a concept if we have some ideas.

@zerzhul You are completely right, and so I have removed the offending columns.
    I had originally put the location column in (along with a "Pax Pickup?" one) before knowing PCC ships out to individuals. And hadn't seen the harm in leaving it. A lapse in judgement on my part.

The only information I'd entered was Forum Handles and Number of Coins interest was expressed in.
    nosut wrote: »
    As you saw I did change what you have publicly available from your city a smaller area to your entire state to and avoid being to direct. Sorry if it made you uncomfortable.

@nosut Wait, you went from nice vague state information people willingly supplied to tracking down the city they're in? In the column labelled State/Country?
    I am honestly shocked I didn't wake up banned from the forums.

@cardkid123 Right now most people seem to be good with a view of a triple monitor setup with a keyboard, mouse, flight stick, etc.

edited December 2014
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    nosut wrote: »
    As you saw I did change what you have publicly available from your city a smaller area to your entire state to and avoid being to direct. Sorry if it made you uncomfortable.

@nosut Wait, you went from nice vague state information people willingly supplied to tracking down the city they're in? In the column labelled State/Country?
    I am honestly shocked I didn't wake up banned from the forums.

You misread. His information that he has publicly listed is his city. Instead of putting that in I put the state that he lives in. If people had left the state information blank I simply clicked on their profile and looked to see if they had previously provided their state. Zerzhul actually provided the city he/she lives in so I put the state that the city is in.

nosut on
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I'd probably buy 5 coins. Tried to fill out the google form but it doesn't seem to want me to.
    I thought the bcec had been used on the coin before but looking back through old threads maybe I'm wrong on that.

HI3789R.png
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Here is my idea for the PC side; A monitor facing you with a line simulator image on the screen, in the style of all the PC simulator games these days.

Since i have absolutely no time, here is a VERY rough idea of what it might look like:

td8q95Gl.png

IhtGIyi.png
    @nosut I am very glad to have misread that.
    @punzie I've added you to the sheet, and checked the settings on it, I couldn't find any reason for you not to be able to make edits.

punzie wrote: »
    I'd probably buy 5 coins. Tried to fill out the google form but it doesn't seem to want me to.
    I thought the bcec had been used on the coin before but looking back through old threads maybe I'm wrong on that.
    The WSCC was used for prime 2011 I think. The BCEC was talked about a bunch but the various project leads thought it would be cool to save it for the 5th year in the BCEC :)

• Drowning RabbitDrowning Rabbit New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I'm down for a coin, added myself to the google doc as well.

This discussion has been closed.