As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do I have Pinkeye? *SOLVED, I DO NOT HAVE PINKEYE*

LifeVirusZEROLifeVirusZERO Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I've never had it before, but this morning when I woke up, my eye was really red and bloodshot. I noticed that it was a little more sensitive to light than usual and it constantly feels like something is in there, which causes me to rub it a lot which probably makes it worse. It also kinda burns a little. It doesn't hurt, but it burns enough to be annoying. I'll make a doctor's appt. if I HAVE to (aka if it doesn't go away soon).

I'm just looking for a some info from someone with a little experience with pinkeye (or as I like to call it, Terminator Eye).8-)

6ltl5i0ap7.png
LifeVirusZERO on

• Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    A) If there's no mucous-like discharge or gritty bits-- including even just the sensation of 'gritty bits' inside the eye, go to option B

B) if you are presenting these symptoms apart from any symptoms of a common cold or other upper-respiratory ailment, go to option C

C) if you do not suffer from allergies regularly or suspect you may be developing allergies, go to option D

D) you probably do not have conjunctivitis.

Either way, there's no real use to going to a doctor unless it persists over more than three days from onset of serious symptoms, and even then you would probably want to wait five to be on the safe side. I mean, if you can go, and it won't cost you anything, feel free-- but there's really very little that can be done to treat viral conjunctivitis (the type that would persist for longer than five days).

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    It could be an eye infection. Sores under the eyelid will fell like you have grit under there. If it's only currently in one eye don't rub it as you could transfer the infection to the other eye as well. If you have a willing accomplice, get them to try and see if there are red blisters under the eyelid.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    aesiraesir __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I'd get that kinda thing from allergies or just irritation like if my cat slept on my pillow and cat hair got in my eye.

Flush it with water for about 15 minutes.

aesir on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wash your face and your hands after touching anything.

Keep it cleeeeeean

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wash your eyes. If you're eyes are watering uncontrollably, dab gently with a clean handkerchief. Chances are you've just got a bit of pillow lint irritating your eye. Otherwise, where are you (countrywise)? You may have hay fever.

theSquid on
  • Options
    brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I've never had it before, but this morning when I woke up, my eye was really red and bloodshot. I noticed that it was a little more sensitive to light than usual and it constantly feels like something is in there, which causes me to rub it a lot which probably makes it worse. It also kinda burns a little. It doesn't hurt, but it burns enough to be annoying. I'll make a doctor's appt. if I HAVE to (aka if it doesn't go away soon).

I'm just looking for a some info from someone with a little experience with pinkeye (or as I like to call it, Terminator Eye).8-)

You idiot! (Hes my brother so I can talk to him like this). How many times have you watched me go through this? Unfortunately you and I are both prone to eye irritations when we sleep or in your case when you stay up too late without sleeping. Plus I just saw Mom and the siblings last night and none of them have it. And you probley would have told me if any of your friends had it. Right? Since your still asleep at the time of me writing this, when you get up and finish your morning rituals (bathroom, breakfast, etc) and read this post think, is there any mucus/liquid leaking out of your eye? Or was there a whole bunch of dried crap when you got up? I'd begin to worry then. If u want some brotherly advice grab some visine and try that first.

brandotheninjamaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

You idiot! (Hes my brother so I can talk to him like this). How many times have you watched me go through this? Unfortunately you and I are both prone to eye irritations when we sleep or in your case when you stay up too late without sleeping. Plus I just saw Mom and the siblings last night and none of them have it. And you probley would have told me if any of your friends had it. Right? Since your still asleep at the time of me writing this, when you get up and finish your morning rituals (bathroom, breakfast, etc) and read this post think, is there any mucus/liquid leaking out of your eye? Or was there a whole bunch of dried crap when you got up? I'd begin to worry then. If u want some brotherly advice grab some visine and try that first.

Well I just woke up, and yeah my eyes felt kinda "gunky" and whatnot. They were practically dried shut. It's also kinda itchy. I actually DID try Visine but it didn't help at all.

LifeVirusZERO on
    6ltl5i0ap7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Problem solved. Went to the doctor. Turns out I have a scratch on my cornea. I got some antibiotics for it and it should be fine in about a week or so. Thanks for the suggestions though.

LifeVirusZERO on
    6ltl5i0ap7.png