As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2015 Steins - EXTRAS ON SALE

Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat PersonBostonRegistered User regular
edited June 2015 in PAX East
First off, a big thanks to @reinangel for starting this entire discussion out, @LexiconGrrl‌ for the design used at previous PAX events, @zerzhul‌ for helping merge the threads together, and lastly to everyone else for helping this take off.

Feeding off of previous events, we'll be creating PAX Community Steins to be distributed during PAX East 2015. As stated in previous threads, the stein will not be specific to one singular PAX event, but span across the entire community of fellow PAXers. This is not an official PAX stein, just an officially awesome stein that happens to deal with awesome people who enjoy PAX. With that being said, we're putting together a PAX stein order that will be delivered to Boston and handed out at meeting places (TBD) during the PAX East 2015 event next March.

UPCOMING PLAN OF EVENTS:
Jan. 21st - Feb. 1st: Submit Payments via the GoFundMe page
Feb 2nd: Order officially submitted
Feb. 25th: Order arrive in Boston
March 5th: Pre-PAX Gaming night - First meetup to hand out steins
March 6: 6:00 pm @ Westin mezzanine, just outside the bridge.
March 7: 1:00 pm @ Laugh Boston.
March 8: 1:00 pm @ Westin mezzanine, next to the bridge.

Below is the official PAX 2015 Community Forum Stein:
ctfk5oohrqsu.jpg
f1tjemobg7y9.jpg

COST: So you want to be a viking? Well the closest I can get you to one is in these tankards. For $12, you too can own one. Become a modern-day viking (silly hat not included) and down your most daring beverage in this 25-oz. tankard of total badassitude (Mr. Torgue would be proud of you). The only thing that's up to you is the math. Thankfully, we all paid a bunch of money for a computer that does... MATH!!!! Rock on. Open your calculator, and start multiplying!

HOW TO ORDER: Ordering is now closed. You may proceed to the GoFundMe page that has been set up if you wish to view the project

HOW TO RECEIVE YOUR STEIN: Pre-PAX Gaming Night will be the initial meet-up spot. I'll also hold a single 1-hour meetup spot for each day of PAX to give everyone a fair chance to retrieve their tankard.

Should you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to contact me via a PM in this forum or at pax.steins@gmail.com.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
Le_Goat on

• Options
    reinangelreinangel Registered User new member
    I couldn't find anything. and I missed 2014 pax. will there be beer steins for 2015 east?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    There weren't any for 2014 afaik, I don't expect it for 2015.

• Options
    ahh ok . I really liked my 2013 one and my bf asked if I was ordering them again this year.

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    Ya I was hoping they would of last year but it never happened so doubt it will this year

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I'm still loving and using my stein, and it's shown no signs of chipping so I don't see a need to push it forward (not that the idea is mine to push, I just bought one). Was it previously an annual thing, like the challenge coins?

ilta on
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I don't remember it being an annual thing, I think it was more "people liked this at Prime let's do it for East"

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I did them for Prime. We did beer steins one year, then pint glasses the next, but the glass company screwed up the order and about 24 people didn't get their pint glasses, which sucked balls for everybody. Last year I didn't have the time or resources to do it again, esp. being kinda gunshy about that mistake happening again. @Punzie did the East steins for 2013 but nobody did them for 2014.

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I love my East stein and would certainty be interested in purchasing another if that were a thing to happen again in the future. I can understand why it isn't a yearly thing, though.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    I do love my East stein, I'd be interested if the pint glasses came over.

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    I'd be interested as well, fwiw.

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Would anyone be able to make this happen for this year, b/c I'd also definitely commit to one.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I would totally be about this. I'll look into how this can be done. Can't guarantee anything, but I'll look into it.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    @LexiconGrrl‌ Did you get all of the steins delivered separately or did you just have everyone meet at Prime and hand them out there?

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Suppose we did get all of this together, should we:
    1. use the same logo/print as the previous one?
    2. have them all shipped to Boston and people meet up to get their piece(s)?
    3. setup a GoFundMe once we get a list together so that it is all pre-paid?

I've looked through some places and it seems like they only ship to one place, so #2 I guess is the only way to do it. If we go through with this, I guess we'd all have to vote on what type of "stein" to order. Obviously we can't go into crazy mode with the limited time we have.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Suppose we did get all of this together, should we:
    1. use the same logo/print as the previous one?
    2. have them all shipped to Boston and people meet up to get their piece(s)?
    3. setup a GoFundMe once we get a list together so that it is all pre-paid?
    I like the idea of the same logo. will be watching this for updates :P

• Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    The logo that was printed on the previous steins was the "PAX Community Logo". It's the same one that tends to be on the Forumer Badges (which I'm looking forward to) and the t-shirts we made up in...2012 I think. I'd recommend sticking with that logo.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    Would you guys want to do pint glasses or tankards with handles?

• Options
    glasses

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Would you guys want to do pint glasses or tankards with handles?

Glasses but if either are being run, I'll be happy

ishtra on
  • Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    Tankard sounds awesome to me

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    So we're definitely going to use the exact same image as before:
    ucoodqlrj5dm.png

As for glass or tankard, I'd like to get a few more people to toss in their two cents.

I'm going to try to get some sort of schedule down for when certain choices need to be made. Since PAX East is only 66 days away, I'd like to get everything set and ordered by the end of January. That would allow for shipping and checking to ensure that nothing broke, then replacements if necessary.

Stay tuned, fellow PAXers

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    I'd be quite interested in this...and I lean more towards tankard than pint glasses

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    So we can make this a bit more official and easier to collect results: here is the pint glass vs. tankard survey

Let me know if you have problems with it. I'm a Google Forms noob. Even though it is easy to set up, I could easily fudge it up.

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    I have the stein already. Absolutely love it. I guess If we're using the same logo I'd prefer the pint glasses

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    Because a lot of people are probably still on vacation, let's keep this little survey up until Thursday, January 8th

• Options
    Also, here is a forum to fill out for so we can begin to get a count of how many steins to order. As with most custom-designed items: the more we purchase, the cheaper per-unit cost.

PAX Community Stein Interest form

NOTE: For undocumented lurkers out there, if you wish to obtain any, contact someone that you know who is registered in the forums so that we can assure you get your stein, while also not publically divulging your personal information in the form.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Possible Options: keep in mind these are just concepts and not the actual finished ideas

Pint Glass:
    cj5yfv77kmdg.jpg

Tankard:
    34b8s9nfur40.jpg

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    ya if its the pint glass i would be in just dont think i would ever use the tankard

• Options
    rascrush wrote: »
    ya if its the pint glass i would be in just dont think i would ever use the tankard
    Not even with a viking helmet and wielding a dead fish?

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Is there a premium option to use a dishwasher safe paint? Even if it raised the price a couple bucks I'd gladly pay it for the convenience.

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    If the steins aren't dishwasher safe you could have fooled me. I use it HEAVILY and it almost always goes in the washer. No issues at all so far.
    Now I'm paranoid.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    Signed up for definitely 1, might buy 2 (one for me and one as a gift) if the price is low enough.

• Options
    Imsorad wrote: »
    Is there a premium option to use a dishwasher safe paint? Even if it raised the price a couple bucks I'd gladly pay it for the convenience.
    I didn't even think about that. I'll make sure to ask potential providers.

I do know that some glasses I have claim to not be dishwasher safe, but I've had them for 10+ years and they're less faded than most of my T-shirts. Then again, I have some glasses that wore off quickly.

• Options
    KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    You can count me in for 2!

• Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    OH, OH, OH, count me in too!!!!! I'd love the mug version but would go for either.

• Options
    eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    I have one of the original PAX East Tankards and I love it. I would gladly get another one or two to add to my collection :)

0j92muX.png
  • Options
    This is awesome. Sounds like we're picking up interest. Until we get sorted out how to handle the OP/Title, I've changed my signature so that it has the PAX Stein forms for easy access. I'm getting excited about this *happy hamster hands*

• Options
    me too.. ( sorry I have been missing) holidays=lots of work and money being spent and social activities. and no time for keeping up with this.
    now I have to spend my money on fine glassware. YAY!

• Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    I'm down for one definite, might want a second for my brother-in-law. Tankard is my preference, but I'll be happy either way. Thanks for what you've been doing to put this together!

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    NOTE: This thread will shortly be merged into a new thread so that I can adjust the OP and titled for updates and announcements.

EDIT: it's now merged. Thanks, z

Le_Goat on