As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Magic: the Gathering] Durdle turtle's a big hurdle.

196979899100102»

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I hope MM2 is as well-tuned a draft format as MM was.

Because that was some fantastic drafting.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Considering that RoE is in the mix now I can't imagine the drafting would get worse.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Considering that RoE is in the mix now I can't imagine the drafting would get worse.

Oh lordy, can we please get an R/G Thallid/Defender archetype with Overgrown Battlement, Vent Sentinel, and all those derpy wall-thallids?

• Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Ooo...I can dust off some of my Thallid cards for an EDH Thallid deck ;)

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    Anyone have a clue what sets mm2 might be based around? Or is it just anything set in the current modern?

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • Options
    tehjester wrote: »
    Anyone have a clue what sets mm2 might be based around? Or is it just anything set in the current modern?

Basically everything from Mirrodin/8th Edition through New Phyrexia/M12(?). Not sure what the actual Core Set cutoff is, but I know that New Phyrexia is the last non-Core.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Basically everything from Mirrodin/8th Edition through New Phyrexia/M12(?). Not sure what the actual Core Set cutoff is, but I know that New Phyrexia is the last non-Core.

If their phrasing was "through Scars of Mirrodin Block", then that would presumably mean M11 is the last Core Set, which lets them include the Titans (and Fauna Shaman/Baneslayer for shits and giggles) but no Phantasmal Image or Grim Lavamancer.

• Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

If their phrasing was "through Scars of Mirrodin Block", then that would presumably mean M11 is the last Core Set, which lets them include the Titans (and Fauna Shaman/Baneslayer for shits and giggles) but no Phantasmal Image or Grim Lavamancer.

Either way it's great, especially if they add in some of the dragon legendaries I missed, cause these are a lot of the card sets that I missed when I went on that 12 year hiatus.

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

Either way it's great, especially if they add in some of the dragon legendaries I missed, cause these are a lot of the card sets that I missed when I went on that 12 year hiatus.

I'm forced to insist in the opposite direction. Hopefully they are ditching the useless(In Modern) legendary Dragon Cycle for something like the Phyrexian Legends. Then at least more Elesh Norns would be good.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    tomisboredtomisbored Cavalier, NDRegistered User regular
    So any one have any more info on these free phantom points we are supposed to be getting to do a free holiday cube draft or one of the flash back drafts?

Or am I totally stroking out and imagined reading that?

A magician wandered along the beach, but no one needed him.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Regarding the Planar Chaos cycle, those are $1 rares and aren't terribly useful in draft. With the ZEN fetchlands available, they might try to push wedges, but I think that would be a mistake a few months after Khans.

If you really want them for Commander or something, just pay $5 and get the whole set.

If you're talking about the Kamigawa dragon cycle, they already reprinted those in the last MM. It would be disappointing to see them again.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    What I could see happening is a BG infect archetype with Skithiryx as a mythic.

And you know what would be hilarious but I don't actually expect this to happen? Nicol Bolas reprint. The creature, not the planeswalker. :)

• Options
    What I could see happening is a BG infect archetype with Skithiryx as a mythic.

And you know what would be hilarious but I don't actually expect this to happen? Nicol Bolas reprint. The creature, not the planeswalker. :)

Hey, he's modern legal thanks to Time Spiral.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Was there ever a new Magic thread? I think it's preview season, but I'm not seeing any enthusiasm in here.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I think it's mostly in the SE++ thread.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, the SE++ thread is flipping out over the new cards.

Xeddicus on
  • Options

• Options
    @‌echo

Would you lock this thread, pretty please? Thank you. Love you and your luscious Swedish locks. <3

This discussion has been closed.