As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Wrestling] thread is here to show the world

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    should have just turned r evolution on after the ladder match

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    Why doesn't Paul want to talk about what he and Mike Lion say to each other in bed?

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    A prop Dean used backfired on him. Bray capitalized.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Still disappointing we didn't get ghost chair.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    The story of the ending was fine, I thought. Dean caring more about inflicting damage than winning ended up backfiring on him and it cost him the match.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Since when has a monitor just randomly blown up from someone carrying it?

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    dean ambrose losing a match because he got too crazy for his own good is perfect storytelling

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

he yanked the wires out and it shorted

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular

There were wires the back

• Options

I take it you don't know how WWE electrical stuff works.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

Including this main event? Never.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    What ho hum PPV. Nothing was offensively bad- though the ending to the Bray/Dean match came close, but nothing was mindblowing either- though the Ziggler/Harper match was close.

Most damning of all is the fact that I just don't have any interest of where any of this goes. I don't hate Reigns, but I'm also not really into him.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Another poorly booked WWE show, learning nothing from what makes NXT so good.

• Options
    Still need to watch the first hour but I liked this enough.

Doesn't compare to last Thursday though.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Why is this company so afraid to book people to lose cleanly

Like, in life people lose sometimes, and that's okay

I mean, how was that not clean?

Because he lost due to a prop and wasn't pinned due to anything Bray did. How is that not clear?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Okay, I missed that the wires were plugged into something at the other end I guess. I didn't quite catch the whole thing, my feed must've skipped a bit.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Another poorly booked WWE show, learning nothing from what makes NXT so good.

Only thing that really bugged me was finding out Rowan lost.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Why is this company so afraid to book people to lose cleanly

Like, in life people lose sometimes, and that's okay

I mean, how was that not clean?

Because he lost due to a prop and wasn't pinned due to anything Bray did. How is that not clear?

Props were fair game throughout the whole match. Bray won clean.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The story was, Dean got more and more and more reckless and it backfired on him. Just because the match didn't end purely with a wrestling move in the center of the ring doesn't mean the ending was overbooked. It was clearly in line with everything they've ever shown about Dean Ambrose. Like, I would say 90% of his losses come from him trying one last thing only to have it blow up in his face, only this time it was literal

• Options
    And what do you mean Bray did nothing? He hit SA and got the pin.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    WWE had to try to make something better than R Evolution with the booking they had leading up to this week. It's like an episode of Chopped or Iron Chef but with booking. Put that on the network.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    It was a dumb show. I'm usually Pro-WWE, but other than the opener, which was sort of uncomfortable, to be honest, it was nothing special.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    NXT had a better event overall, but I think Dolph/Harper might be my fav match out of all of them

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    The stories about them wanting to top NXT are fine, and I'm sure some of them wanted to do so, but with the way this card was set up and with the way they've set up all the stories going into tonight, there was no way.

They have to wipe these feuds off the board and start fresh tomorrow, I think is the bottom line.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    It was a dumb show. I'm usually Pro-WWE, but other than the opener, which was sort of uncomfortable, to be honest, it was nothing special.

That's fair but I still don't see how anyone can say the main didn't end cleanly.

• Options
    The stories about them wanting to top NXT are fine, and I'm sure some of them wanted to do so, but with the way this card was set up and with the way they've set up all the stories going into tonight, there was no way.

They have to wipe these feuds off the board and start fresh tomorrow, I think is the bottom line.

Conveniently this will happen right as The Road To WrestleMania™ starts.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    And what do you mean Bray did nothing? He hit SA and got the pin.

I just want an actual finish to one of his matches and that didn't feel like one. I don't even care if he loses, just get pinned, I don,t need holograms or fire extinguishers, or exploding electronics. Just. One. Clean. Finish.

• Options
    Nothing is guaranteeing WWE to improve overnight during the Mania build up. I'm an optimist but am also a realist.

I hope though. It's all I can do.

• Options
    I think it's out of necessity. None of these feuds are anywhere close to Wrestlemania worthy. I assume they're finishing the Cena/Lesnar story at the Rumble, and honestly, I'm not sure if I want Cena to lose. After the last couple weeks, I am really, really wary of putting Reigns in against Lesnar at Mania. And since I think the best option outside of Reigns for that spot would have been Ambrose, and given the fairly high likelihood that Ambrose is probably fighting Wyatt again at the Rumble and probably won't be in the Rumble itself (like Bryan last year)...I dunno.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

plus the nxt show was all regular matches while this was mostly gimmick matches

comparing the two doesn't really work

• Options
    I think it's out of necessity. None of these feuds are anywhere close to Wrestlemania worthy. I assume they're finishing the Cena/Lesnar story at the Rumble, and honestly, I'm not sure if I want Cena to lose. After the last couple weeks, I am really, really wary of putting Reigns in against Lesnar at Mania. And since I think the best option outside of Reigns for that spot would have been Ambrose, and given the fairly high likelihood that Ambrose is probably fighting Wyatt again at the Rumble and probably won't be in the Rumble itself (like Bryan last year)...I dunno.

Whatever it's worth, they are advertising Brock/Cena 4 as the "final" encounter between them.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

Whatever it's worth, they are advertising Brock/Cena 4 as the "final" encounter between them.

Well given this is pro wrestling I'd say about four fifths of fuck all.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »

Well given this is pro wrestling I'd say about four fifths of fuck all.

I think it's probably true in this case.

• Options
    It was technically clean, but Bray didn't beat him.

Dean literally lost to random chance. Just some dumb thing that happened that Bray had nothing to do with.

It made Bray look weak and Dean look stupid.

• Options
    I just don't see them doing Brock vs Cena again at Mania.

• Options
    I just don't see them doing Brock vs Cena again at Mania.

I think they put Cena into the Rumble but have somebody else win it possibly by eliminating Cena last.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    It was technically clean, but Bray didn't beat him.

Dean literally lost to random chance. Just some dumb thing that happened that Bray had nothing to do with.

It made Bray look weak and Dean look stupid.

Bray survived a hellacious beating from a lunatic. He'll be fine.

• Options
    Yes yes he'll be fine. So will Dean.

The problem is I don't want to pay for a show where the main event ends like that. I don't want to watch people look like idiots. I don't want to see people lose to random chance and dumb overbooked nonsense.

• Options
    I won't deny Cena and Seth was overbooked. But I don't think Dean looked stupid.

This discussion has been closed.