As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] Sami Zayn and the Zayniacs is my favorite underground ska band

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Magell wrote: »
    This was an awful PPV. 4 out of the 7 matches had fucked finishes and the only good matches were the first and last ones. I hate the finish to the main event. I don't mind the idea of Dean getting too reckless and it costing him, but pulling a monitor of it's wires doesn't make it explode like that.

And why in the fuck would Big Show go over Rowan? That makes zero sense.

If R Evolution lit a fire under the main roster's ass to perform it didn't show at all.

Basically my thoughts on the show. One great match can't save a shit show unfortunately. And if you told me the main event finish happened before on a WCW show, I'd believe you.

Summerslam. 5 months ago. That was the last time a PPV main event ended without a run-in, lantern ghost, or exploding TV. I shouldn't have to watch every quarter just to see one PPV end decently.

Sweeney Tom on
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    so that PPV was like a bad carney ride

it was awkward and brutal getting on the rails then a bunch of weird and kinda sad stuff happened and finally it broke and there was a lot of sparks

whoever booked this should just stop

• I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Cade wrote: »
    1920316_795056113877500_5486645774230168597_n.jpg?oh=6aaeae9aa8a56b44833f4321513a5ff3&oe=55456CC3&__gda__=1426669054_18809bd373e0e1cbb3f676c129a1a10c

Man he looks rough, the years have been catching up to him big time in the last while.

And here's a photo of him from like a week ago

3TIR58p.png

I swear, I feel like everyone thinks Taker has "had age catch up to him" because they don't consider that he's probably been dying his hair for a decade now. Folks really need to stop saying Undertaker looks rough. He doesn't look rough. He looks 50. Hell, given what he put his body through for literally half his life, he looks pretty fucking good for 50.

I'm An Elk; Shoot Me on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    This was an awful PPV. 4 out of the 7 matches had fucked finishes and the only good matches were the first and last ones. I hate the finish to the main event. I don't mind the idea of Dean getting too reckless and it costing him, but pulling a monitor of it's wires doesn't make it explode like that.

And why in the fuck would Big Show go over Rowan? That makes zero sense.

If R Evolution lit a fire under the main roster's ass to perform it didn't show at all.

actually i think you hit the nail on the head as to why the Bray/Dean ending felt off to me, even though i agree with all of you that it was perfectly in-character of him to go too crazy and cost himself the match (though i don't trust WWE to follow through on that story and end up in a place where Dean is determined enough to win matches and not let his craziness get the better of him--I would trust NXT to tell that story but you probably knew that)

if it was the one crazy ending of the night, it'd be like, okay, sure

but when 4 of your 7 matches end like that, it's just exhausting and i don't even want to offer you the benefit of the doubt

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I got really worried just now that I had forgotten to go to work yesterday because I had watched RAW yesterday.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    So, with the caveat of I don't watch Raw regularly and have to work early Monday mornings so I miss most of PPVs, when was AJ's last GREAT match?

Last night's was fine but it feels like kinda has to throttle back with her opponents. Did she ever feud with Natty?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I don't know I just don't agree with the thought of the Divas and main having fuck finishes, by the usual definition.

Nikki cheated to win cause that's her character now, and the main had no run ins and ended in a clean pinfall. The tag match and Cena/Rollins? Those were fuck finishes sure. Rowan losing to Show? Also a bullshit finish. But overall I thought the hard work from the main roster did show last night and I liked it overall. Not nearly as good as NXT but not a bad event all the same.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    29l5tbjc0rdx.png

DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    So, with the caveat of I don't watch Raw regularly and have to work early Monday mornings so I miss most of PPVs, when was AJ's last GREAT match?

Last night's was fine but it feels like kinda has to throttle back with her opponents. Did she ever feud with Natty?

Her last great match was probably on Main Event went Natalya? Wasn't a feud, though. Also her matches with Naomi are really good.

Burden of Proof on
    Having said that I'm not too sure how good Raw will be tonight. I have a feeling we'll be seeing feuds continue from TLC which is NOT the way it should be except maybe the tag stuff.

• Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Rowan losing to Show? Also a bullshit finish.

This is the story of the new giant replacing the old. You don't conclude that story in one match.

The commentary even pointed out that Rowan was completely awake at the end of the match and Big Show was showing him the proper reference by pinning him with the stairs. Nothing wrong with that finish.

Another thing that made TLC seem worse than R Evo was the difference in crowd. Full Sail was doing their best Mojo Rawley impression. TLC was doing their best Sin Cara impression.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Another thing that made TLC seem worse than R Evo was the difference in crowd. Full Sail was doing their best Mojo Rawley impression. TLC was doing their best Sin Cara impression.

But the crowd wasn't that dead though?

Rowan losing to Show? Also a bullshit finish.

This is the story of the new giant replacing the old. You don't conclude that story in one match.

The commentary even pointed out that Rowan was completely awake at the end of the match and Big Show was showing him the proper reference by pinning him with the stairs. Nothing wrong with that finish.

I guess I don't mind Rowan and Show continuing to feud but like I said I'm worried we'll be seeing rematch variations of EVERY TLC match this week.

I missed the first match, but when I was watching they seemed kind of tame. Not completely dead, but I still thought they were rather passive. But, that could just be the difference in a small, packed room versus an arena.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

I missed the first match, but when I was watching they seemed kind of tame. Not completely dead, but I still thought they were rather passive. But, that could just be the difference in a small, packed room versus an arena.

They weren't super hyped for everything but they made enough noise during the big matches and the smaller ones in spots.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Show can still be of use but Kane needs to retire already. Same for Henry.

what the fuck

Vann Diras wrote: »

what the fuck

I think Show can still contribute because I like his current heel persona. I'm just tired of Kane though, and Henry now as well.

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »

what the fuck

I think Show can still contribute because I like his current heel persona. I'm just tired of Kane though, and Henry now as well.

Usually I'd say all three need to hang it up, but Kane was not the (main) problem in that match. That missed spinebuster kinda highlights it, which wasn't surprising and afterwards Kane seemed rather legit pissed.

I also didn't feel the crowd was entirely dead outside of the Rowen/Show and Ryback/Kane matches. They were super dead during both of those, but that wasn't the crowds fault. They were also displeased at the finishes of 90% of the matches, as were many of us, and deflated heavily during/after each one.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I have trouble getting upset about screwy finishes in a show full of gimmick matches tbh

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I mean yeah mark Henry and Kane are pretty tired now in their current roles, but Kane at least can work a match

Every second big show is in the ring he might as well be taking a shit on my rug

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    i also support anything that keeps the title off of AJ right now, so thanks nikki :3

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I have trouble getting upset about screwy finishes in a show full of gimmick matches tbh

The tag title match had a legit bad finish I thought. But yeah, most of the matches were designed to be chaotic and gimmicky.

And I know I'm in the minority here about the show last night but you know, opinions.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The ending to last night main event was just too cartoony and dumb for my taste.

I dunno, I'm just not into the TLC ppv as a concept. The feuds /storyline never seem to warant these matches so you get crap filler like Rowan vs Big Show in a fucking stairs match.

the TLC PPV is always kinda weird to me because at some point you just need to call all of those matches 'NO DQ' matches

So I guess Jericho is going to want his Slammy back tonight?

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I'm of the camp who just doesn't really like TLC as a ppv, along with HiaC. Those kinds of matches just feel like they should happen because of an intense feud that needs them, but instead more often than not it feels like the feuds are plugged into the matches just so the gimmick type can be checked off of the list for the year.

Replace TLC with my new ppv, 'Fuck it, you guys can hit each other with whatever you want I guess'

at this point Neville, Hideo, and Finn need to be called up to take Kane, Show, and Henry's place

turn them face and put them in the hall of fame

also I think I figured out what JBL's commentary character is

he's this bullshit artist that who's been told to backup Lawler and he's cracking under the pressure so you get a lot of nervous bile

I'm of the camp who just doesn't really like TLC as a ppv, along with HiaC. Those kinds of matches just feel like they should happen because of an intense feud that needs them, but instead more often than not it feels like the feuds are plugged into the matches just so the gimmick type can be checked off of the list for the year.

I'm hoping that when another EC PPV or match is scheduled it fits logically with whatever's going on at the time. Like if Rollins is champ and you have Dean, Roman, Ryback, Dolph, and Cena wanting to challenge him.

Yay, E&C might be guest hosting Raw in two weeks.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    Replace TLC with my new ppv, 'Fuck it, you guys can hit each other with whatever you want I guess'

WWE Presents: A Tribute to New Jack

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    how about just Tables and Ladders

chairs are wack

Say what you will about the chairs match yesterday but I thought THE BIG GUY worked hard, botched spine buster aside.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Eh

I didn't notice anything different from a normal Ryback match

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Eh

I didn't notice anything different from a normal Ryback match

I thought he helped pace the match well and took more bumps than usual. The series of splashes was pretty neat.

I was expecting utter shit and was pleasently surprised.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    How about Tables, Ladders, and Bears.

I'd watch that.

Bears should be a part of developmental, I think

so that's what Daniel Bryan is up to

This discussion has been closed.