As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bob Saget [chat]

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Several right wing butt-groups including Breitbart and the Not Feminist Alliance found that they could pander to the GamerGate community on a bunch of stuff. I think they are still trying to milk it.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    @Shazkar Shadowstorm

Why did it turn into an SSX game at the end

dude is rad and unstrapped one of the bindings before the jump!

did i show you that video before that has people on those bindingless boards doing tricks at the start

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    The breitbart review of dragon age is hilarious by the way

wait what?

why would a dead tea party talking head review dragon age?

Breitbart as a site still exists and is remarkably awful

why in the world does it still exist?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The site still brings in money and Breitbart planned for it to continue past his death.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    OMG this review has to read to be believed.

HOLY SHIT!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/12/15/Review-Dragon-Age-Inquisition
    2011's Dragon Age II unexpectedly bombed with consumers, despite, of course, the rave reviews from mainstream game news sites, who need only get a whiff of a paraplegic lesbian in an ill-fated love affair with a black transsexual to award a game full marks. Mass Effect 2 wasn't a critical success with ordinary gamers either; they called it "filler" and said it was "uninspiring." It, too, bored players with politics.

wat the fuck

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    So to summarize, the study was just a mall guy asking random kids questions with no scientific standard (and the kids clearly giving joke answers), the results of which were then used as a publicity stunt for the unveiling of the mall's new nativity display, and the mall press release was picked up as news by some kind of cross between Fox News and a supermarket tabloid, which was then caught by some guy in north America who didn't know better and didn't care to check before printing it in the newspaper my parents read so they could repeat it to me over the weekend.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I refuse to believe this real.

This is the Onion.
    Except to say that, evidently, Bioware has failed to do even cursory research into lesbian relationships. For a start, both partners are cute. And they actually have sex! You know, instead of sitting opposite one another, separated by an abandoned Scrabble board and the remains of yesterday’s Saga knitting challenge, surrounded by rescue cats. In any case, with lesbian sex scenes as ugly and forced as this, the only scissoring you’ll want to do afterwards is to the game DVD.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    bogart I read the first couple of arcs of lazarus yesterday

it's promising! some of the things in it are cliche but some are cool!

I have not read Lazarus, but may pick it up, as a couple of my books are ending or have just ended.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    seeing the right move in on the neckbeard crowd following gamergate is pretty interesting, if depressing

there's an ocean of shitty attitudes in the youth beneath our feet and all we need to do is drill it

Elendil on
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    The article is horrible click bait and the sort of thing a shitbag writes, because it's written by a shitbag. It posits a universe where ME2 was rubbish and REAL GAMERS are like the exiled tribes of Israel, abandoned in the desert by SJW GAMER PRESS AND DEVS.

seriously just c/p the entire thing so i don't have to click through and support tea party ghosts and self-described ONE TRUE GAMERS

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    @‌Gooey

Explain to me in 4 sentences or less why gas prices have suddenly tanked recently. I filled up my tank at $2.17/gallon yesterday. When I drove past the same gas station later that day, they'd already bumped it down to $2.15/gallon. I haven't seen gas prices this low since I was a youthful preteen. "The rising price of gas!!1" has been a ubiquitous political clarion call the entire time I've been conscious of politics at all. What happened yo?

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Richy wrote: »
    So to summarize, the study was just a mall guy asking random kids questions with no scientific standard (and the kids clearly giving joke answers), the results of which were then used as a publicity stunt for the unveiling of the mall's new nativity display, and the mall press release was picked up as news by some kind of cross between Fox News and a supermarket tabloid, which was then caught by some guy in north America who didn't know better and didn't care to check before printing it in the newspaper my parents read so they could repeat it to me over the weekend.

It's the Ciiiiircle of Liiiiiiiiiife

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

Sounds about right. You missed the bit where the guy seeing it in North America just saw it because their website had it by an article that implied tits but in fact did not actually have tits.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

HOLY SHIT!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/12/15/Review-Dragon-Age-Inquisition
    2011's Dragon Age II unexpectedly bombed with consumers, despite, of course, the rave reviews from mainstream game news sites, who need only get a whiff of a paraplegic lesbian in an ill-fated love affair with a black transsexual to award a game full marks. Mass Effect 2 wasn't a critical success with ordinary gamers either; they called it "filler" and said it was "uninspiring." It, too, bored players with politics.

wat the fuck

i know mass effect 2 was great what the hell

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    The article is horrible click bait and the sort of thing a shitbag writes, because it's written by a shitbag. It posits a universe where ME2 was rubbish and REAL GAMERS are like the exiled tribes of Israel, abandoned in the desert by SJW GAMER PRESS AND DEVS.

There is a delicious irony in gamergaters bemoaning the meddlesome influence of sjws while simultaneously comparing the treatment of "the mainstream gamer" to racism

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I don't really like reading from a screen for prolonged periods either. I certainly can and it doesn't bug me to a huge degree, but I also still prefer paper.

Oh ho, Quid you fool. You'll never need a real book again!

• Options
    Several right wing butt-groups including Breitbart and the Not Feminist Alliance found that they could pander to the GamerGate community on a bunch of stuff. I think they are still trying to milk it.

People mad at the SJW HATERZ might be fertile ground for right wingers hoping to catch some young voters.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    seeing the right move in on the neckbeard crowd following gamergate is pretty interesting, if depressing

there's an ocean of shitty attitudes in the youth beneath our feet and all we need to do is drill it
    not depressing
    they get what they deserve

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

HOLY SHIT!

Unless... well, unless it's the lesbians, by which I mean the "alternative lifestyles" BioWare insists on thumping us around the head with. Ah, those hot, hot lesbians. They would be even hotter if BioWare's artwork wasn't so appallingly inconsistent throughout Dragon Age: Inquisition, of course, which is of course the only reason I raise the subject.

What?

I think that man just omitted a war crime against commas

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

People mad at the SJW HATERZ might be fertile ground for right wingers hoping to catch some young voters.

Well lets be honest, SJWs are the worst.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

HOLY SHIT!

Unless... well, unless it's the lesbians, by which I mean the "alternative lifestyles" BioWare insists on thumping us around the head with. Ah, those hot, hot lesbians. They would be even hotter if BioWare's artwork wasn't so appallingly inconsistent throughout Dragon Age: Inquisition, of course, which is of course the only reason I raise the subject.

What?

I think that man just omitted a war crime against commas

quoting 4 posterity

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    @‌Gooey

Explain to me in 4 sentences or less why gas prices have suddenly tanked recently. I filled up my tank at $2.17/gallon yesterday. When I drove past the same gas station later that day, they'd already bumped it down to $2.15/gallon. I haven't seen gas prices this low since I was a youthful preteen. "The rising price of gas!!1" has been a ubiquitous political clarion call the entire time I've been conscious of politics at all. What happened yo?

russia

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    @‌Gooey

russia

more accurately, Saudi Arabia is trying to crush US and Russian production because they have lower operating expenses.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

There is a Not Feminist Alliance?

..I don't even want to google that.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    I don't really like reading from a screen for prolonged periods either. I certainly can and it doesn't bug me to a huge degree, but I also still prefer paper.

Oh ho, Quid you fool. You'll never need a real book again!
    I said this too! Boyfriend got me a Kindle for birthday.

I AM NEVER GOING BACK

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    O yeah I am not actually considering a junker- that's about the only thing I have ruled out

It's the in between range that sucks

It looks really hard to get say a 9 thousand dollar loan for a 5 year old car? Whereas it's trivially easy to finance a brand new or one-year-old car

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @spacekungfuman‌

They do have a fallout in there.

Fallout 3.

Did you kill yourself on reading it? It seems like the only reasonable reaction.

• Options

HOLY SHIT!

fBFQh5a.png

• Options
    edited December 2014
    japan wrote: »

There is a delicious irony in gamergaters bemoaning the meddlesome influence of sjws while simultaneously comparing the treatment of "the mainstream gamer" to racism

It gets better. The two fucknuts who are doing the Feminist Frequency rebuttal thing jumped on as well and then interviewed Jack Fucking Thompson as a supportive voice for their anti-SJW stance. So now gamergate is hoisting the guy who wanted to ban their videogames on to their shoulders. Amazing.

Right wingers like James Delingpole have had a volte face about shit like Target banning GTAV. They used to hate video games because they corrupted youth, now they love them because lefties are criticising them.

Bogart on
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Gooey

Best guess I've seen is that OPEC (who produces oil very cheaply) is trying to drive the competition from Shale Gas in North America (which is very expensive to produce) out of business. They're still making fuck-tons of money, though.

• Options

There is a Not Feminist Alliance?

..I don't even want to google that.
    nah its a surrogate name
    theres like a famous I AM NOT A FEMINIST REAL WOMEN ARENT FEMINIST lady who completely built a new fan base by pandering to Gamer Gate
    I don't remember her name

• Options
    Oh it's that fucking Milo guy.

Yeah that dude's all the way up gater butt.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    @Shazkar Shadowstorm

I just want to play SSX and call a man about a snowboard now.

BUT. 5 hours of work still.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

HOLY SHIT!

wat the fuck

hahahaha

does this guy just sit down and play through a game and scour every corner of it for homosexuality

that's awfully gay there mr yiannopoulos

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    @‌Gooey

@Hakkekage‌

hmm ok

At the end of summer the global economy started to show signs of slowdown, with a glut of oil supply due in a large part to increased domestic US oil production. OPEC (the "middle east" to most people) makes up about 1/3 global oil production. In a meeting over Thanksgiving, OPEC declined to cut production to reduce supply and bolster prices. Markets subsequently lost their shit and oil has gone in the tank.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

Well lets be honest, SJWs are the worst.
    Yeah totally worse than the things that they are actively fighting against like rape culture, black oppression, transphobia and the like.
    I' hope one day they stop fighting for these things and we can all have a civilized and magical discussion to solve all our problems around tea and cake.
    Then I can stop reading about people who have to read about these things and how they don't like the tone they take because it is mean. ):

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    why are my console choices either 1) nsabox one or 2) hackerstation 4

i dont want the nsa watching me or hackers watching me

if only steve-u jobs-san made a console...

You are still adjusting to your new state. PS4 is already on its way to your home right now.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Searching for the article I scrolled through not so Breitbart. It is like reading news from another dimension.

Also this jack off in this article is writing a book on gamergate.

Seriously.

It is the Onion.

Just not fake.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    The guy's portfolio includes tweeting at someone to stop just being pretty on the internet and "get a real job" and writing stories based on unsourced e-mails that "are very damning if true."

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Doodmann wrote: »
    @‌Gooey

russia

more accurately, Saudi Arabia is trying to crush US and Russian production because they have lower operating expenses.

it's more than that

basically everyone has huge production right now, north america's oil output is at an all time high as well

and it is double fucking Russia yes

override367 on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I wasn't even aware you could romance a black transexual in Dragon Age 2.
    I must have missed something somewhere.

Bless your heart.
This discussion has been closed.